The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7831 tubbaflubba

tubbaflubba

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Showed up at Target ten minutes before opening there was one person ahead of me picked up my two deluxe models with no problem at all.

#7832 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Says on the back of box :P

Yup. Strange thing though, Epic Mickey 2 supports the Classic Controller from the original Wii but not the Wii U Pro Controller. You'd think they'd include support for the Pro since its almost the same layout as the CC.

#7833 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Super Target in Gainesville, VA had 16 deluxe in stock, and 4 basics. 4 of us were there when the store open. Leaving 12 left. Wife got there 45 minutes later and snagged another deluxe, the guy said they only had 1 basic left and a couple deluxe left. That was about 30 minutes ago, I'm assuming they are all gone. Super Walmart had them all gone at midnight. Best Buy did not do a midnight launch here and they don't open till 11am I think, so you may have a shot.

#7834 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

anyone here rattling on the right side of there gamepad?

#7835 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Seems like these aren't actually selling out hm?

#7836 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I had no idea the pro controller didn't work with every game. Glad I read this thread cause I was going to buy one. The only games I am getting are mario and nintendo land...is there a list somewhere with all the games that support it?

#7837 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

anyone here rattling on the right side of there gamepad?

Yup. Perhaps it's just the buttons or the accelerometer. Don't think it's something to be too concerned about.

#7838 czechspam

czechspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

In line at the Mountain View, CA Target. 5 of us here and the rumor is that the first 30 in line should be good.

#7839 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Sounds like if you want one, you can find one if you drive/call around which is pretty awesome.

#7840 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Is it just mine, or is this initial Wii U update taking FOREVER!?!? I've played about 6-8 Big Team Slayer matches on Halo 4 while waiting...still isn't done

#7841 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Walmart had some at 4am and Walmart has the bundle available on their site. Also in a decent populated area.

#7842 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Walmart had some at 4am and Walmart has the bundle available on their site. Also in a decent populated area.

Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity.

#7843 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Is it just mine, or is this initial Wii U update taking FOREVER!?!?

it is because everyone is doing it

#7844 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Only one other at my target and it opens in 8 minutes

#7845 8bitgamer

8bitgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

As long as you are connected you are good, plug the wiipad in and let it charge. The update should only take

1 hr, maybe a little more.

I took a well needed nap.

#7846 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

True, but DAMN it's taking a long time.

Edit: It finished :)

#7847 Ultrapokey

Ultrapokey

Got off work at 7:30am, only two people in line at my Target. They had 9 deluxe plus however many preorders. No hassle for me but others that showed up right at opening didn't get one.

#7848 Chrischance

Chrischance

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Surprisingly Target really put their reserved systems to the side :applause:

#7849 Diatribal Deity

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Strolled into Target around 8:30AM a bit concerned about how they were going to handle the pre-order cards. Was very quiet in electronics, so much so I mentioned it to woman behind counter. She gave me that "if you only knew" look. Apparantly a brazen soccer mom had ruined everyone's morning as she was unable to switch her basic to deluxe. Overall whole experience for me was quick (about 15 mins) and games were all out and plentiful clearly marked buy 2 get 1 50% off. Pre-orders were put aside and extras all sold within minutes of opening. I was given stern warning to beware said lurking soccer mom.

Walmart was also pretty painless. Went first to layaway to pay off balance on deluxe, then to electronics to pick up. Told me they only had gotten twelve (all on layaway) and I was picking up the last. Games had not been put out quite yet.

Seems Target was much more on the ball than I expected and would not hesitate to pre-order again from them. Seems they may fly a bit more under-the-radar than most retailers as far as these launches go. The 5% off and extended warranty using their card does not hurt either.

#7850 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

@metsfan1545d

The download took that long last night at 6PM on the east coast so...

Does anyone know if refusing a new egg game delivery is a way to get around the restocking fee? I would rather get in on the B2G1 at Target but don't want to be hit with a 15% restocking fee at Newegg?

Can anyone chime in on this

#7851 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Went to GameStop, got me preordered wii u deluxe. No hassle, no line, no problems. Now can anyone tell me is tank!tank!tank! A split screen game?
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#7852 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Went to my local best buy at 9:30 to get a console without a preorder. The line started up at around 9:40 and quickly grew to about twenty people. Still a much more tame launch than I was expecting!

#7853 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Surprisingly Target really put their reserved systems to the side :applause:

Had no issues getting my preorder at Target. They had 3 extra deluxes and 1 extra white console and those were gone immediately.
Posted Image

#7854 SALvation

SALvation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Just ordered from Walmart.com with in-store pickup. We'll see if I can actually pick it up today.

#7855 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Just got tracking on my Newegg Mario U, so I'll probably see that Tuesday or Wednesday (just in time for Thanksgiving).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7856 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Double fail at Sam's Club:

A) Despite the website and sign on the front door stating that they open at 10AM on Sunday they actually opened at 8AM

B) They said they won't be getting any Wii U's until the end of the month and didn't receive a launch shipment

#7857 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

About to go get mine at Walmart. Hope they didn't sell It! I'm excited to join you guys in waiting for the update!

Btw, I see you guys are just blatantly ignoring io.

#7858 screwkick

screwkick

\m/ >< \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

For people in the Charlotte, NC area, I just came back from the Bestbuy Rivergate location. They have both systems, tons of pro controllers and games. There was one person outside waiting when I got there. Just a heads up.

#7859 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I was the only person at my BB here in upstate NY. Cashier said they have a pretty decent size pile in top of the preorders.

#7860 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Looks like ToysRus has a bundle posted for Batman and Scribblenauts not bad I guess.

http://www.toysrus.c...&prodFindSrc=pn