• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7891 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Currently downloading the update.

I'm surprised that the Target B2G1 50% off deal isn't getting more talk. I grabbed Mario, ZombiU, and Ninja Gaiden.

Anybody else's HDMI cable smell like a band aid?

*goes back to watching the blue progress bar*
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#7892 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Also Target sort of screwed up the $5 gift card that I was supposed to get, I think. I don't know what they did but the total came out completely wrong; it was like $780 something at first after scanning some new gift cards. They had to do a lot of overriding in order to get the price to show up as $760 which is after NY tax.

#7893 ELUNO

ELUNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I arrived at my Target 30 minutes before opening, got out of my car 15 minutes before. There were like 6 people before me in line, 5 behind me when they opened. As soon as we got to the electronics section, they immediately said they only had consoles for those who pre ordered. Everyone was pretty pissed since they had been waiting for a while. Only me and someone else had a pre order card. :)

#7894 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I arrived at my Target 30 minutes before opening, got out of my car 15 minutes before. There were like 6 people before me in line, 5 behind me when they opened. As soon as we got to the electronics section, they immediately said they only had consoles for those who pre ordered. Everyone was pretty pissed since they had been waiting for a while. Only me and someone else had a pre order card. :)

The people were pissed, but they did what they were supposed to. :)

#7895 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Just went to my local Target (South Bay Boston, Massachusetts) with my wife and son around 8:00am this morning. I was actually the very first person to preorder a wii u at my local Target (Deluxe unit of course). When we pulled in, there was a line with about 30 people. I was literally the last person to get there as the stored opened up it's doors but was the first to walk out with my brand new Wii U Deluxe, along with NSMBU and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed. They had about 40 Wii U Deluxes (I didn't see one Wii U Basic). They were all in some metal cage in the electronic section and there were two lines, one for preorders and the other for walk ins.

I was the only preorder there at the time, out of the 30 plus people (Who also looked like they camped out all night, felt kinda bad). Loving the Wii U thus far though. Highly recommend it if, there are games you are interested in NOW. If not, I would hold off until something grabs you like Smash Brothers, Pikmin, Lego City Undercover or Rayman Legends.

#7896 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Picked up my Deluxe at GameStop, turns out they decided to open a little early which I didn't know so I got it 10 minutes earlier then I thought I would, from when I got in I only saw 2 more get sold, 1 to a guy in his 20s and one to a mom and her young like 7ish year old kid.

659629.png?68329996

#7897 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Target opens at 8 and I got there at about 8:10 to obtain the last system they had, which was a deluxe. They received a total of 18 systems but held 12 for people with reservations. A few minutes after I arrived, another gentleman was asking for them. Poor guy.

I'm not even sure I want mine. I just bought it at Target because they have a 90 day return policy and I can probably figure out whether or not I'll keep it in that time frame. Or I'll forget, like with my DSi, and then just be stuck with it and finally open it half a year later.

#7898 endgamer

endgamer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

for u sders, target in balboa has a ton and no line right now. at least 15 black units and a bunch of white ones. kerney mesa target is sold out, they only got 3 in lol.

#7899 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

We have a ton of systems at the target on Fulton and alta arden. About 15 deluxe and 15 standard. We got a lot of systems, also if you're from CAG feel free to say hi to me. I have a beard and glasses!
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#7900 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Target north roseville got about 35 deluxe and 20 basic. Not one basic sold - deluxe are gone, bought one of the last. Kudos to target

#7901 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

gamestop was so painless, i preordered first day, walked in at 10am when they opened, picked up my console and a pro controller, out the door, no waiting no hassle, A++ experience

passed by Tru after but they didnt have Ninja Gaiden 3 so i passed on the deal for games, wouldve gotten that and Epic Mickey

#7902 dongsweep

dongsweep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Went to the new Chicago downtown store on State street. Stood in line about an hour before they opened with three other people (1 was just there as a friend) so effectively two people in front of me. The doors finally open after about 15 others lined up behind us. We all walk in civilly and get up there (people started marching faster after the Target people were not looking). Got up there and find out someone decided not to stand in line with everyone else but went in a side door by herself - making her the first in line (now three people in front of me).

Keep in mind this is a massive brand new Target in the heart of Chicago about a city block in size. They had 3 deluxe and 2 whites. The three people in front of me got the deluxe models, including the cheating woman who knew what she was doing (you had to pass by the massive line of people to get to the side door).

Luckily, I went to the Target on Roosevelt at 8:30 about a quarter mile south and walked in and bought one. They had so many in the back it was almost comical. I am glad it turned out OK, I was really upset at what had happened and really only went to that other Target as a "maybe"

If anyone is in Chicago, that store was dead and had a ton.

#7903 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I was on the waiting list at my local gamestop, just got a call from them that they have extras of the deluxe and to come pick mines up if I still want it. I guess I'm getting a wii u today. :D

#7904 krizko

krizko

Ace Degenerate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Was able to pick one Basic up @ a Toys R Us in NJ. All Deluxe were sold out.

Got there and stood in line for about 30 minutes behind 5-10 people. There was a family of about 6 folks who split up and individually purchased 2 Basic consoles each. I thought the resale market wasn't that good for Basics especially?

#7905 jjgator

jjgator

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Your order ------------- for the Nintendo Wii U, is processing. . Our records show that the order should ship tomorrow, 11/19. You should receive your order no later than 11/20. Once it has shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation email containing the tracking information.

You can track your order online at Walmart.com by clicking "Track Your Orders" at the bottom of our home page. You can sign in with your email address and password to see your full order history, or quickly track your order by entering the order number listed above.

Please note: After your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hoursfor the carrier to update the tracking information.

================================

I e-mailed walmart to see why mine hadn't shipped yet and they sent me this back. I paid for 2 day shipping so I wonder if this means they upgraded me to one day shipping for free?

#7906 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Happy. My NFM.com preorder will ship on Tuesday and they honored the $25 gift card offer on the console that they are running so will get my Wii-u Deluxe for $349.12 net. Almost like buying from Amazon with no sales tax.

#7907 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I managed to pick mine up earlier this morning at a TRU. Went an hour before opening. They didn't have too many of them(I figure, 8 deluxe and 5 regular), but I was 5th in line and managed to get deluxe so no problems here.
Posted Image

#7908 ONIN

ONIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Just got back from target. They had about 30 of the black and the same for white. Not a single person in line got a white, there was about 25 people ahead of me
I had a pre order but wasn't able to go to front of line like many said they were. Oh well got my black wii u and that is all that matters :)

#7909 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Target actually held one for the reservation cards. The guy said they sold out of all the others that didn't have reservation cards. Very happy camper.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#7910 geotech

geotech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Preordered 2 deluxe's at the Walmart in Howell NJ. When I went this morning they only had one for me. Got refunded for the missing one instead of waiting for another to come in at a later date plus a gift card. Assistant Manager was a good guy. The associates I delt with on the other hand...

Freehold NJ Walmart no problems!

#7911 blazein5

blazein5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Got mine off lay-a-way at walmart it was painless, on the way out i noticed 2 of the white systems in the case.

Update finished time to play

#7912 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

<_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7913 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

<_<

They don't have a choice. Ask for the district managers number and they should change their attitude.

#7914 supergrass

supergrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Went to Best Buy and got my preorder quickly and painlessly, though for some stupid reason I left my credit card on my coffee table after preordering Mario yesterday. He still let me get my stuff with just my ID.

They had systems left there and white ones at Toys R Us near me. Plenty of games and Pro Controllers as well.

#7915 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Got Preordered Deluxe at my Bestbuy. had 4 basic units on the floor and only 2 preordered deluxe's when i arrived. Some guy bought 2 of the Basic's so sold out fast. Also Toysrus only had 1.

#7916 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

My Target did not have the Pro Controller or Sonic Racing.

Did in-store pickup for Best Buy.

#7917 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

<_<

I would call Nintendo support and see if you could get a replacement cable.

#7918 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Is ZombiU worth picking up? Getting some very mixed reviews... I thought it looked great, but now I'm second-guessing whether to go to Best Buy and buy it. Don't want to drop $60 when I could buy a different game instead.

#7919 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Is ZombiU worth picking up? Getting some very mixed reviews... I thought it looked great, but now I'm second-guessing whether to go to Best Buy and buy it. Don't want to drop $60 when I could buy a different game instead.

Watch the Giant Bomb quick look!

#7920 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

<_<

Whaaaa? Isn't this covered in GameStop's return policy? Fucking bullshit.