The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7921 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

<_<

I saw some energizer thing that is a charging cradle for the GamePad and 2 Wiimotes. Maybe buy that for the time being?

#7922 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

I was able to pick mine up at Target this morning, but now I can't get it to connect to my wireless network. Apparently others are having similar issues.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#7923 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked but can you get Club Nintendo points for Wii U systems? Not seeing a PIN # in the box.

Edit: Tried using system serial # but not working.

#7924 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Can someone tell me if plugging headphones into the headphone jack on the gamepad gives you sound from the game?

#7925 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'd buy one, but I literally barely had enough for the console and no games. Manager told me to come back, so hopefully he found something

#7926 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Quickie did the update to let you play wii games come out and will best buy price maTCH BUY 1 GET 40%% OFF 1 tia

#7927 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Whaaaa? Isn't this covered in GameStop's return policy? Fucking bullshit.

Probably is but then where are they going to pull a new console out of?

#7928 endgamer

endgamer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

is there a stylus ? i can't seem to find it in my box or anywhere

#7929 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

is there a stylus ? i can't seem to find it in my box or anywhere

It should be in the Gamepad already. Near the R shoulder button.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#7930 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Probably is but then where are they going to pull a new console out of?

How convenient, they don't have any consoles to replace the faulty one, and by the time they get replenishments the return policy would be null.

Contact Nintendo!!

#7931 OddTodd87

OddTodd87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Sorry if this has already been asked but can you get Club Nintendo points for Wii U systems? Not seeing a PIN # in the box.

When you link your Club Nintendo account for the Wii U, it shows up a few hours later on the site with a survey and your points after that.
Posted Image

#7932 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

How convenient, they don't have any consoles to replace the faulty one, and by the time they get replenishments the return policy would be null.

Contact Nintendo!!

I bet they would be helpful. Never heard anything bad about Nintendo CS, and.their consoles and hardware have a.rep for being so durable they will probably be interested to look into why it failed.

#7933 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Does the gamepad headphone jack output in-game audio?

#7934 endgamer

endgamer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

ahh im a moron! haha thanks man :D

#7935 Kinggiddra

Kinggiddra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Are there any screen protectors available for the gamepad? 11am is taking too long!

#7936 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

9:30 am (BB is supposed to open at 11, doesn't look like they will open early). No one else in line. Hoping to get a deluxe, when I talked to them Friday they told me there would be extras of both deluxe and basic for non-preorders. Also as i was posting this an employee I know who just walked by just confirmed there would be extas so looks like I'm set :D good luck to anyone getting their consoles today!!

#7937 supergrass

supergrass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

ahh im a moron! haha thanks man :D

Actually glad you asked about it. I didn't see it either until you asked.

#7938 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Does the gamepad headphone jack output in-game audio?

I'm in the middle of downloading the system update now that I got the network issue sorted out. If no one else has answered, I'll post what I find later. Also, for anyone having similar issues connecting to Wi-Fi, this is what I did, and it worked on my end.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#7939 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

i love the system but its a little absurd how much extra shit you need to fully utilize it

you need the gamepad
pro controller
wii remote
nunchuck
classic controller (virtual console)

#7940 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

They ended up giving me a rechargable battery kit to use at the moment until my replacement comes. It works fine, so the issue was the cable for sure.

Really dumb for Nintendo to not retail these at launch date considering how important they are.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7941 GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Picked up my pre-ordered units today at Walmart a couple of hours after opening, couldn't have gone more smoothly. They said they only had enough left in to fill layaway pre-orders when one employee asked another if they had ones out for sale too. Apparrently the non-layway, normal-sale ones sold out basically instantly at opening.It took a minute or so to process my receipts, then they left for 5 minutes or so and brought the Wii U Deluxe units out to me. Mine were set aside in a back room and had labels on them when they were brought out. I asked them if they could bag 'em and they did so with double bags for easy carrying.

I really want to keep one still but it wouldn't make financial sense :p , but I do plan to buy one again later.

#7942 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

picked up the gamepad stand

whats the curvy piece for?

there is no instructions

#7943 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

There is a link in Club Nintendo for Register a Product. Enter your serial number there, and you get these instructions:
To register your Wii U system, link your Club Nintendo account to your Wii U. Then come back to Club Nintendo and complete the registration survey to earn 160 Coins.

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#7944 thegamer

thegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I had a pre-ordered deluxe set at Best Buy, but I wanted to avoid some of the crowd so I decided to check out Target and Frys this morning to pick up some accessories. This is in North Austin btw.

Went to Target around 8:15 am and they had just sold their last console. They had 20 systems but held 10 back for preorders and had 5 deluxe and 5 basic for walk-ins. The gaming employee said that some guy had camped out since 6:00 pm yesterday, and the next set of people showed up at 6:00 am this morning. Picked up a eShop card and a Seagate external hard drive and left.

Got to Frys around 8:50 am, line of about 8 people or so. Let us in early and people made a beeline to the gaming area. Turns out this location only had about 8 or so basic sets and no deluxe sets. The deluxe sets they had were for people who had pre-ordered. People got angry because they had called last night and was told that they had some deluxe sets available for walk-ins. Also in regard to the basic sets, they sold them in bundle form only, with Nintendo Land, Mario Bros. U, and a Nyko Remote and Nunchuk set for 450 dollars plus tax. Some people left and a few people ended up buying the expensive bundle. I tried to give people info on storage options and the differences between the two systems. Didn't have any screen protectors for the gamepad so I left.

Got to Best Buy around 9:50 am, and there was a line about 30 people deep. The employees were handing out tickets for deluxe systems and I'd say they still had about 5 or so left after they opened. They directed all people who pre-ordered to the customer service area where they had all of our systems on a cart and all walk-ins to the Wii U section of the store. I grabbed a screen protector from the Wii U section and then headed over to customer service to pick up my Deluxe set and my in store pickup of Mario Bros. U and a Pro controller. The entire process was painless and I was out in 15 minutes. They had a boatload of games and accessories available for purchase as well. It was also funny too because there were a few people in line that had no idea the Wii U came out today or what it was, they had just come to do normal shopping.

So in closing, seemed like it was relatively easy to get a Wii U here, not too many people were waiting around unlike when the Wii came out and I had to camp at Walmart for 17 hours to get one.

#7945 fazzle

fazzle

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Wow so.... Fuck Sears. I was there around 1130 (they open at noon) and went in as soon as they opened and went upstairs to electronics. there was 1 guy ahead of me, but they had Deluxes in stock! We both went to order one, and they rang it up..and an error popped up. Managers came over, had no idea what to do to get rid of the error. They called the corporate help number to figure out how to sell these damn Wii Us, and got told they weren't ALLOWED to, since they only got two in stock and needed to keep them for Black Friday.

Seriously what the hell? I'd be fine if they were sold out, but intentionally holding back merch that's PROMINENTLY displayed in your flyer? I hate going to the mall anyway, and they've just given me another reason to not go there.

#7946 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just grabbed my GameStop preorder and it's currently downloading the gargantuan launch update. My GS experience was stellar: each system was numbered and they had a booklet of all the serial numbers so they wouldn't lose track of anything. In and out in five minutes. :D

I'm kinda pissed that Nintendo Land doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code but whatevs.

So for this Digital Deluxe thing...is it automatic or is there some code that I have to redeem?

uc.png

#7947 gravel

gravel

i love the system but its a little absurd how much extra shit you need to fully utilize it

you need the gamepad
pro controller
wii remote
nunchuck
classic controller (virtual console)

I agree, but I had most of that already, and I picked up a Pro Controller this morning even though I don't need it yet (only have Nintendo Land and NSMBU).

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#7948 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Wow so.... Fuck Sears. I was there around 1130 (they open at noon) and went in as soon as they opened and went upstairs to electronics. there was 1 guy ahead of me, but they had Deluxes in stock! We both went to order one, and they rang it up..and an error popped up. Managers came over, had no idea what to do to get rid of the error. They called the corporate help number to figure out how to sell these damn Wii Us, and got told they weren't ALLOWED to, since they only got two in stock and needed to keep them for Black Friday.

Seriously what the hell? I'd be fine if they were sold out, but intentionally holding back merch that's PROMINENTLY displayed in your flyer? I hate going to the mall anyway, and they've just given me another reason to not go there.

Wow.

#7949 gravel

gravel

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Just grabbed my GameStop preorder and it's currently downloading the gargantuan launch update. My GS experience was stellar: each system was numbered and they had a booklet of all the serial numbers so they wouldn't lose track of anything. In and out in five minutes. :D

I'm kinda pissed that Nintendo Land doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code but whatevs.

So for this Digital Deluxe thing...is it automatic or is there some code that I have to redeem?

That doesn't launch until December, but you will retro-actively get the 10% for anything bought after Nov. 18th. The information is on ddp.nintendo.com

Currently Playing
Arkham Origins

#7950 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

That doesn't launch until December, but you will retro-actively get the 10% for anything bought after Nov. 18th. The information is on ddp.nintendo.com

lol I just did see the URL on the front sticker...thanks!

uc.png