The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8101 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

And I just had to play a game. Looks like all the games have updates I guess... here goes more waiting time >_>
Dongs.

#8102 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I already linked my nintendo account on my wii u, but I can't find the survey to obtain the 160 coins. Any help?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#8103 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Picked up my deluxe with nsmbu, black ops 2, sonic racing & warriors orochi hyper & black pro controller from gamestop. They still had like 5 white pro controllers left

#8104 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Well mine has had some weird issues as well. After the update I waited about 20 minutes then unplugged the thing to get it to reboot since none of the buttons were responsive. It also seems to take FOREVER to load anything in the system menus. I suspect I may have to return it and wait a while before I can get another one...

Hmm, I'm wondering if it's because of the new firmware not being thoroughly tested or if it's a problem with the system itself. Outside of that the system seems to work great though. There's about a 10-15 second load time after I start an app. I figured that wasn't unusual.

#8105 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

i had no problems at target, walked in gave my pre order paid and walked out in 5 minutes, now setting it up to work with my d link router sucked. I finally got it i think. Seems to be downloading the update but the controller is at like 20% for the last 40 minutes. Im just going to let it charge for now and keep going, hopefully its working.

Id like to be playing nsmbu right now but i guess i have 2 wait
122445.png

#8106 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Fuck Gamestop. Fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the Fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

Gamestop preorder = BS

#8107 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Fuck Gamestop. Fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the Fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

Gamestop preorder = BS

Oh god I am sorry to hear that.....

That is why I do not deal with Gamestop unless they have an incredible deal.

#8108 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Apparently some units have either a faulty fan or a bad power supply; the red power LED on the unit just blinks and blinks. It will not turn on or do anything. I have called 4 different BB's and there are none to be had. It never worked straight out of the box.

http://opa-ages.com/...ing-the-launch/

Just one of the many stories. I apologize if that is not an allowed link; simply google "wii u blinking light of death"

When I bought a Wii it wouldn't work out of the box. It kept giving disc errors every single time and it was the same way so hard to get one anyway. Ended up returning it and over paying for one. So I know your pain buying a new system and it not working and not being able to exchange it sucks ass.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#8109 coreyerb

coreyerb

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Dumb question, but Target ad is worded poorly: Is it buy 3 total, get 50% off 1? Or is it buy 2 total, one of which is 50% off?

#8110 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Gamestop preorder = BS

This is horrible. I feel like this manager doesn't understand the concept of pre-ordering and should probably choose another profession.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#8111 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Seems thats just that one store though as most people have had 0 issues with their pre-order.

#8112 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Gamestop preorder = BS

Make sure to leave them a terrible survey; you'll then get the manager in serious trouble. Sorry to hear about that btw :(
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#8113 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Really enjoying Miiverse surprisingly. I am surprised at how many people can draw extremely well with a stylus! The mario community especially has some good ones :)

Nintendo Land is fun, although the prize boxes you get are so random... just replica's of items you find in the mini games, but you can't do anything with them.. oh well!

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#8114 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Dumb question, but Target ad is worded poorly: Is it buy 3 total, get 50% off 1? Or is it buy 2 total, one of which is 50% off?

Buy 3, get 50% off 1.

#8115 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I called a best buy around me and they said there were like 20 deluxe editions in my area.

#8116 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Gamestop preorder = BS

I avoid GS if possible, so I'm not sure what their preorder policy is. Maybe it stipulates that if they can't contact you in a reasonable amount of time, you forfeit the item?

Anyways, if you don't pick up a preorder, they'll give you a credit equivalent to what you paid, so you don't lose your money.

#8117 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

I already linked my nintendo account on my wii u, but I can't find the survey to obtain the 160 coins. Any help?

me too. I think it just has to do with the number of people linking today. might just be caught in the middle and have to wait a day or two. just a thought.

#8118 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I avoid GS if possible, so I'm not sure what their preorder policy is. Maybe it stipulates that if they can't contact you in a reasonable amount of time, you forfeit the item?

Anyways, if you don't pick up a preorder, they'll give you a credit equivalent to what you paid, so you don't lose your money.

todays Day1 release. what do you suggest would be "reasonable amount of time" I get it, if its 3 - 5 days after release, but come on, this is just some BS store manager hooking his buddy up (who hadn't put in a pre-ordered)

#8119 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

After going to Kmart this morning and having them tell me that they were sold out... I got out of work at 4:15 and then called them and asked if they had any... they said they had 2. Went down and picked up the basic edition.. wooooooooooot.. don't care about deluxe didn't need that one anyways

#8120 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Anyone else ENJOYING Nintendoland? We're really digging it for mini-missions/party stuff. The Pikmin level(s) were great!!

#8121 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

todays Day1 release. what do you suggest would be "reasonable amount of time" I get it, if its 3 - 5 days after release, but come on, this is just some BS store manager hooking his buddy up (who hadn't put in a pre-ordered)

Like I said, I hate GS - I'm not trying to justify their behavior. But I can envision something like this:

Three days ago, GS called to verify s/he was still interested in the preorder and to provide pickup details. Didn't hear anything back despite at least two attempts. Maybe there is language in the preorder contract that covers this situation.

Again, I am just speculating.

#8122 Finalspirit

Finalspirit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?

#8123 stoner88

stoner88

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Walmart in Stow, OH failed on my pre-order(layaway)..

I walked out with $100 gift Card and unfulfilled order...

#8124 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Pulled up to Best Buy this morning at 9:30 with nobody waiting outside.

Store opened at 10am. There were maybe seven folks waiting by the time the doors opened. Looked like there were roughly 16-24 deluxe systems and maybe 8-16 basics to be had.

A successful morning overall.

#8125 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'm trying to decide between getting the deluxe vs the basic model. Can someone help me out?

#8126 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?

WOW I would have had a fit. Im over on the other side of MA so it kinda hits close to home

#8127 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

In other news, this is the 12th most read thread of all time on CAG!!

#8128 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hmm, I'm wondering if it's because of the new firmware not being thoroughly tested or if it's a problem with the system itself. Outside of that the system seems to work great though. There's about a 10-15 second load time after I start an app. I figured that wasn't unusual.

Could very well be the firmware is not optimized but hard to say at this stage.

#8129 dallow

dallow

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Went into Target with my reservation card this late afternoon.
They were holding it like they were supposed to. Glad they knew how to handle it.

#8130 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Dunno if it's been posted, but stock checking link for Target:

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14174037

Doesn't account for stores responsible enough to hold back preorders, but at least gives you an idea of what you're up against. Half the stores in my area are sold out it seems. Hope it helps the hunters.

MildObstruction.png