The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8161 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Could someone please share how long BB will hold your preorder before they put it back on the sales floor? Thanks in advance.

They told me 7 days when I asked last week but ymmv. Just call them.

#8162 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

They would have had to sell 14 Deluxe and -4 Basic then. :)

Probably sold the deluxes and got some returned or something like that. Very possible.

xivpads.png

#8163 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Here's the Nerf Armor in action:

Posted Image

#8164 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Gamestop policy is 5 day, but apparently thats just BS to get people to pre-order and pump their pre-order numbers.

Fuck GME, hopefully BBY doesn't pull that shit.

#8165 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Just picked up New Super Mario and Sonic All Stars. I really wish Best Buy carried Tekken and Warriors Orochi, because I would have gotten those in a heartbeat. Either way, only 3 other games out now at the moment I really want.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8166 vc318

vc318

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I did and the sales lady said 3 days but she said she wasn't sure. That just didn't sound right. I will call back tomorrow and double check. Thanks! :)

#8167 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I thought gs policy was 2 days? And in some cases 0 days cause gs sucks.

#8168 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Just picked up New Super Mario and Sonic All Stars. I really wish Best Buy carried Tekken and Warriors Orochi, because I would have gotten those in a heartbeat. Either way, only 3 other games out now at the moment I really want.

My BB definitely had Tekken..

#8169 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Ah, guess mine was just sold out then, or just didnt stock it. Whatever though, I'll get it later, top game on my list now is Warriors Orochi 3
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8170 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

No offense, but there stock checker SUCKS! I had someone within Target get me local stores that had the deluxe in stock and she told me a nearby Super Target had 14 deluxe in stock and 5 basic in stocks. When I went there, there were no deluxe in stock and 9 basic in stock. Their whole system is out of whack!

Fun fact - their in-store stock checker (I think) only updates once a day (if I remember right it's 8am). The online stock checker updates multiple times a day.

And no offense taken, I didn't write the thing.

MildObstruction.png

#8171 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

So, I managed to get the last basic unit at a Target a few towns over. Everything else was sold out. I am fine with the basic, honestly.

Snagged a copy NSMBU as well. I will probably pick up another game sooner than later.

#8172 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

I can't get my Tivo Series 2 to work with the remote thing at all, my LG tv worked fine after running through a bazillion codes for it.

I think that's part of the tvii thing that got pushed back until sept.
Posted Image

#8173 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

picked up my copy 3hrs ago and almost thought I wasnt getting it due to the way the worker said "oh you preordered" but he came out with a box and I left a happy customer.

Did anyone have tape on the tab to open the box like the ps3 or Wii usually has? because I didn't. also my game pad goes out of control when putting the date for the Wii U but it works normal when I leave that part of the setup anyone has this issue?
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#8174 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

picked up my copy 3hrs ago and almost thought I wasnt getting it due to the way the worker said "oh you preordered" but he came out with a box and I left a happy customer.

Did anyone have tape on the tab to open the box like the ps3 or Wii usually has? because I didn't. also my game pad goes out of control when putting the date for the Wii U but it works normal when I leave that part of the setup anyone has this issue?

The box isn't sealed, there isn't really a way to tell if it's been opened.

#8175 daminion

daminion

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Excellent experience at Target today. I preordered a week ago when I saw they still had the black version available. Picked it up today at 7:00pm. They said they had 5 tickets for the morning crowd and held the rest back to fill all of their preorders. Saved 5% with red card and was out the door.

#8176 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Could someone please share how long BB will hold your preorder before they put it back on the sales floor? Thanks in advance.

Look on your pre-order receipt, if you pre-ordered in store it should say 5 days like mine did. Online with in-store pick up is 7 days though I think.

th_w03j81.gif  

#8177 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The box isn't sealed, there isn't really a way to tell if it's been opened.

I noticed that. That's interesting, because I called and asked for Gamestop's return policy and they said 30 days full refund as long as it hasn't been opened. How could they tell if there is no seal?

#8178 Halo05

Halo05

Yay Wally world didn't sell my preorder to someone else.

The setup process was very long between charging the gamepad and updating the firmware but now everything's good. Although I can't set up a Nintendo internet account thing through it. I figured it might just be that the servers are getting hammered.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#8179 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Pre-ordering at BestBuy was a success for me. I was able to pick up both an in-store pre-order and a BestBuy.com store pick-up pre-order easily and without any hassle:D

Has anyone see the Hori Wii U gamepad screen protectors at a B&M? I checked Best Buy, Walmart and TRU. These stores were only selling the PDP and PowerA ones.

#8180 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Went to Best Buy at noon to pick up my Wiiu Deluxe. They checked in the back and the gal comes back with the standard edition. She goes to the back again and comes back empty handed. They sold my Wiiu to someone else. Hella frustrating considering I preordered in September.

Manager said he located another Wiiu Deluxe in another store and will have it Tuesday. 1.5 hours wasted. Now I have to wait till Tuesday (crosses fingers)

Shaq-Fu the rest of this post.

#8181 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I really hope someone is able to find a work around to get the update to work or something, im having zero luck.

#8182 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

does it take forever to update the wii u?

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#8183 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Here's the Nerf Armor in action:

Posted Image

Cheaper than condoms.

#8184 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Sagged the last basic Wii U at 11 from Best Buy. I got lucky because a minute after I snagged it another couple was in there trying to get it. Also got them to price match TRU for their B1G1 40% off deal.

#8185 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Went to Bestbuy and was told that they took too many preorders and didn't have my preorder. The manager there told me that they will be getting another shipment in either tomorrow or Tuesday. For my trouble, he promised to take $40 off my Wii U when I get it. I appreciate the discount, but I would have liked to play the Wii U today when it is officially released.

#8186 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hey Cag's ! So far so good. I didnt let my gamepad charge up all the way and now I get to see how it does on a full charge, but im thinking eventually im going to need a wii u pro if I end up doing some all night marathons.I really enjoying everything so far and my sun really likes Nintendoland and Zombi u is intense so far! Im glad I decided in the Blockbuster unlimited pass, it will definitely save me some money iver the next few months and allow me to get a good feel of the system and games, at least I hope! Looking for some CAG's to friend me...my. Nintendo Network ID is SeaTac Sheik, add me and let me know yours!

#8187 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?

#8188 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

ZombiU is installing right now. I'm amazed that it has the 3rd largest Miiverse community, I did not see that coming.
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#8189 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Well, I fixed the 105 error at least. Havent been able to fix the 108 error which is either a weak wireless signal or the server and im going to guess thats more the server.

But damn, I do need a new wireless router.

#8190 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Anyone else having router issues? Mine keeps losing connection nonstop
122445.png