Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8221 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I knew i was doing it wrong, I didn't let it get steamy enough.

You needed a Barry White cd playing

#8222 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

So when it says Downloading Data for update... thats not even the update part right?

#8223 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

How is it? Does it get in the way of the shoulder and trigger buttons at all?

It passed the dry hump test. Doesn't seem to impede any GamePad operations. Makes the unit feel a lot more solid in hand.

If my firmware download ever completes, I'll test a game. Perhaps by Wed! :-\"

#8224 Nokken

Nokken

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

These online stock checkers are garbage. Walmart and Target both list Deluxe sets in stock in my area. I went to check the stores and they were all sold out - basic sets included. 3 Walmart locations and two Target.

Best Buy and TRU, too.

#8225 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

These online stock checkers are garbage. Walmart and Target both list Deluxe sets in stock in my area. I went to check the stores and they were all sold out - basic sets included. 3 Walmart locations and two Target.

Best Buy and TRU, too.

most stores don't update online stock checkers till 8 a.m every day or when ever the store opens.

#8226 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Best Buy and TRU, too.

Yeah don't rely on those at all, they don't update frequently and if the store is holding units or other things then it will show they're in stock but you won't be able to buy them.

You could try an online stock tracker like nowinstock.net it is pretty quick and reliable with online stock anyways.

#8227 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

The 5gb update is a total buzz kill. I was excited that I got home in time to hook it up and play a little before I had to get to bed for work in the morning.... till this slow ass update.

#8228 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Just dropping by to confirm that ZombiU is actually fucking awesome.

That is all.
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#8229 jcwkings

jcwkings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

has anyone played a wii game on the wii u? How does it look?

#8230 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

any impressiosns on black ops 2 for wii u yet?

#8231 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

That is all.

i beat the game already and by the end of it i was happy it was over. First hour it was great then you started to do same thing over and over. I would give it 6/10 it's just a avg game and a zombie theme that at this point is overdone.

#8232 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

That is all.

Glad someone likes it!

#8233 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

i beat the game already and by the end of it i was happy it was over. First hour it was great then you started to do same thing over and over. I would give it 6/10 it's just a avg game and a zombie theme that at this point is overdone.

I believe you, and is exactly why i didnt buy. I only bought NSMB, Im sad no other games will be coming out this year for the WiiU I actually want to play, but I know there in the pipeline.

#8234 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Must have game of the year: Rabids Land. A surprise hit and the reason I even considered buying a Wii U.

#8235 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

So can anyone confirm that you are able to go online with the original Wii games?

For example, Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii.

#8236 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

Must have game of the year: Rabids Land. A surprise hit and the reason I even considered buying a Wii U.

those games have always been decent was the first game i got for kinect and will be buying rabids on wii u after price drop.

#8237 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

those games have always been decent was the first game i got for kinect and will be buying rabids on wii u after price drop.

Good to wait for a price drop; I got on the newegg deal so I decided why not.

#8238 markenglert

markenglert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I went out at around 1pm today and everywhere was sold out except for my local Target, which is the busiest in the area. They had a cage out on the floor with about 5 deluxes and 8 standards. Just walked in and bought a deluxe, easy... well, after driving around to about 5 other stores.

haven't bought any games yet, going to read some reviews and watch some quick looks first.

#8239 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I am surprised by the lack of midnight launches, Halo 4 and COD all had them, yet its soo quiet out there for a new Console release!!!

Nintendo doesn't do midnight launches on their big stuff, they like early Sunday morning launches at Gamestop. It's all about being at the front of those big box circulars in the Sunday paper.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8240 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

ijustine is the most annoying person ever. hated her on jtv and hate her on youtube. She just recent started to do video game videos on her youtube page seeeing she found out it was huge money maker

She guest hosts during Spike's E3/VGA's coverage also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8241 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

But.. but.. but... it shows in stock at all my local targets and gamestops!

#8242 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

She guest hosts during Spike's E3/VGA's coverage also.

I saw her at SDCC this year. I wanted to be rude and obnoxious while she did her interviews and walking the exhibit floor but just couldn't do it cause I would probably be banned for life from the show
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#8243 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

has anyone played a wii game on the wii u? How does it look?

Tried out DKC and it was excellent. It seems more vibrant to me and its probably because of the HDMI input. It's neat to use a mockup of the Wii menu and use a Wiimote too!!

Coming from a 23-year Nintendo fan this system is a 10/10!!!

#8244 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

How are people getting Walmart to price match the TRU BOGO 40% off deal on the controller, when it shows just games? I wonder if I can take my Mario & controller back and have them adjust it.

#8245 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Picked mine up today at GS after work at 5. I also got Mario and the pro controller. I've been playing Nintendoland with friends all day. It wouldn't connect to my wifi, so I'll have to do the manual set up thing later. I just didn't feel like doing it and then waiting for the long update. I just wanted to play lol

Edited by Drclaw411, 19 November 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#8246 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Just walked through 24hr walmart about half an hour ago. Had 5 white systems and 3 black pro controllers in the glass case. I guess nobody wants the basic sets at all..

#8247 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Anyone happen to pick up madden wiiU?

#8248 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Anyone happen to pick up madden wiiU?

id hold off on that

EA has a terrible reputation when it comes to their sports games on new hardware

#8249 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

id hold off on that

EA has a terrible reputation when it comes to their sports games on new hardware

Yeah madden 3ds was a pile of poop. But the controller is perfect for calling plays.

#8250 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yeah madden 3ds was a pile of poop. But the controller is perfect for calling plays.

def

madden 14 ill def buy on wii u