Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8251 247

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Fifa 13 will be $25 on BF, is it the same as the ps3/360 version?

#8252 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

madden 13 from what i hear plays just like 360 and ps3 just ads the controller features. and madden 13 on 360 is great

#8253 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

madden 13 from what i hear plays just like 360 and ps3 just ads the controller features. and madden 13 on 360 is great

its missing the infinity engine

#8254 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

its missing the infinity engine

yeah that sucks

#8255 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Did some birthday shopping today and saw these in stock everywhere I went. Don't think I saw any lines yesterday either.

#8256 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

I pre-ordered at three different Walmarts, got to the first one shortly after midnight (Which, to my surprise was JAM PACKED with people buying groceries. Who does that at midnight on a Saturday?!), they told me to go back at 9 AM. The second said the same thing. A guy in electronics at the last one was like "We only got 8," but I told him I had pre-ordered it, and he walked me to layaway. Since my friend and I both got two, they let us walk out with the Wiis in their unopened cases. :D

Middle of month probably get paid/other means that activate then.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#8257 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Did some birthday shopping today and saw these in stock everywhere I went. Don't think I saw any lines yesterday either.

Just because you see a stack of Wii U in a store doesn't mean those are readily available. My local best buy had a stock of 9+ Deluxe and when I asked if all of them were allocated to preorders they said yes. Went to two different Target stores and they didn't have any displayed for sale.

Maybe your area is different from my area. My understanding is that it's sold out everywhere around me.

On a related note. My Target preorder fell through. I talked to someone on Saturday before launch to ensure my preorder was safe. The employee said yes. I went there this morning and they told me that they didn't get any shipment of the Deluxe model. Sigh, guess I'll have to wait before I can unbox my precious.

#8258 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Just wanted to report no issues at my Best Buy today. They opened at 10am... since I had a pre-order I walked in around 10:15am. Not much of a line, but the guy in front me go the "last" black version so when I walked up they said, we only have white ones left and I shot back "I have a pre-order for the black one". :)

Got my deluxe setup and they also price matched the TRU deal so I snagged ZombiU and Epic Mickey 2 under that deal (NSMB is being shipped from Newegg).

I haven't played it yet since when I tried to update it took around 3 hours to just download and I needed sleep before work. :(
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#8259 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...home_latest_art

Somewhat on topic, this is great news for fans of indie games, and indie developers as well. Really nice to see Nintendo modeling their eShop after services like Steam.

#8260 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

just got home with my wii u from wal mart

but i kind of don't want to play it since I want to get a controller screen protector first, lol

#8261 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

To anyone that has a preorder at Target... If your preorder fell through at one store, it can be honored at another store as long as you have your preorder card and the store has systems set aside for preorders only.

#8262 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

For those still trying to buy them without going out in public. Apparently Best buy has a business site that is selling them as well.

http://www.bestbuybu...s=&by_category=

#8263 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

For those still trying to buy them without going out in public. Apparently Best buy has a business site that is selling them as well.

Wonder where you got that info from? :roll:

#8264 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...home_latest_art

Somewhat on topic, this is great news for fans of indie games, and indie developers as well. Really nice to see Nintendo modeling their eShop after services like Steam.

This is good news to me. Letting devs set their own pricing is something that has been really lacking from the Playstation Store and Xbox Live Arcade.

Steam does so well for PC gamers due to the fact that we can get so many discounted games. Being the first to implement a system like this for consoles is a very good thing to see.

#8265 _m_

_m_

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yeah madden 3ds was a pile of poop. But the controller is perfect for calling plays.

It's probably a good idea to not buy any EA games on the Wii U. Take this how you will, but here's the reason why: http://www.ign.com/b...deal.452607225/

I know that it's IGN, but it does seem to have some truth in it, if not being the truth itself. I'm sorry if this ruins any plans you made before hand.

#8266 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Having a blast with the Wii U so far. This new interface is slightly unnerving because I have trouble deciding whether I should look at the pad or the TV, but I'm sure I'll eventually get used to it. In the case of Scribblenauts, however, I'm finding very few scenarios in which I benefit from looking at the TV (aside from the bigger size, of course). But it's good to know that I don't have to miss out on anything when I play this while my wife is watching her stupid Hallmark movies. I just hope some of the older style puzzles start showing up. This game is incredibly fun still, but it is far more different than I anticipated. Not in a bad way, though...it's just such a big change. But like I said, I'm still having a great time.

I guess that sums up the Wii U overall. The experience is different and weird and it feels a little odd, but it's a lot of fun and I'm fully embracing it. Also, I didn't think I would be saying this, but the Wii U browser totally blows IE10 on Xbox 360 out of the water. Now, if only Miiverse would start working...

i really don't see an advantage of the browser compared to ie10 on 360. but who the heck uses web browser on gaming system anywamys. I use the system to play games not go on internet that is what a pc is for and always have next to me while playing a game.

#8267 Jarpo

Jarpo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for this. Sadly it doesn't seem like you can use a Best Buy credit card through this site. Am I missing something?

#8268 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

for me miiverse works time to time but most of the time i get error message. i hate the feel of netflix app till that is updated i will use netflix on my 360 or my led tv netflix app.

#8269 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for this. Sadly it doesn't seem like you can use a Best Buy credit card through this site. Am I missing something?

not sure why you can't it's either a visa or mastercard

#8270 nosalenobuy

nosalenobuy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

The gamestop I placed the preorder with still did not call me yet. I will go there tomorrow and hope I am not screwed.

#8271 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

I am absolutely loving New Super Mario Bros. U! I've been playing it exclusively on the gamepad down in my basement (no router issues amazingly) and it's silky smooth and beautiful. Finally found a way that I can play console games while the family is asleep. It's incredibly cool too that you can plug headphones into the controller as well. Nintendo literally thought of everything :)

#8272 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Are purchases made in the eShop now associated to your account or is it still only associated with the console? Anyone know? Thanks.

CBrownsT10.png

#8273 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

trying to play sonic online

""this mode needs to send game status information to your friends""

keep getting that

#8274 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

just got home with my wii u from wal mart

but i kind of don't want to play it since I want to get a controller screen protector first, lol

They are terrible. I bought the official ones with 2 stylus. The first one left a dirty smear when i removed the numbered sticker on the front. The second was already scratched up as they dont come with 2 protective covers like phone ones do, just one to stick and the front has a sticker on it.

REALLY disappointed, 10$ down the drain.

#8275 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Well I must say that I am quite happy with the purchase. Was contemplating playing zombiu or returning it, but decided to just open it up and give it a shot. I am loving it so far. I went the survival mode option (once you die, game over), and found myself afraid to see whats around the corner. I died after about an hour:) On a side note, I ordered a cheap screen protector a few weeks ago in anticipation of the release. It works fine but will eventually replace with a higher end one. I paid like only $2 for it.

#8276 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Just curious, anyone else got a dead or stuck pixel on their gamepad? I just noticed mine had one....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8277 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

the gamepad is cool but in nba 2k13 its a pain in the ass when im trying to drive to the basket because my hand is too far seperated

pro controller fixes this though

#8278 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

KratosGOW2525, by default the audio comes from the TV and the gamepad. There is a volume control on the gamepad though and a headphone jack, so you can either mute the TV, mute the gamepad or both. Or do what I do: Play just on the gamepad with headphones =) Very customizable!

#8279 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

when u play wii games the thing takes you too a wii menu just like the old system

#8280 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

KratosGOW2525, by default the audio comes from the TV and the gamepad. There is a volume control on the gamepad though and a headphone jack, so you can either mute the TV, mute the gamepad or both. Or do what I do: Play just on the gamepad with headphones =) Very customizable!

yes i got a wii U which is a home system to play on a small screen. that is what my 3ds is for.