Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

wii sports is playing in 1080p

i thought wii u didnt upscale?

#8282 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

when u play wii games the thing takes you too a wii menu just like the old system

my guess is that is what the large update was for

#8283 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

I LOVE this thing! I've been playing all night. Like many of you, it won't connect to my wifi so I have to try to understand the long-ass process to manually do it. I just skipped it for now because I wanted to get to the games. One this that makes me think it'll be a while before I get my console connected to the web: it says knowing what kind of security (ssid?) is key. I have no idea what kind I have. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow, and download the long ass update once I get it connected.

I've jut been playing Mario and Nintendoland so far, without online hooked up...but I effing love this. It is definitely next generation. Not current. It feels new. Completely fresh. I am so glad I preordered.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#8284 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

I am absolutely loving New Super Mario Bros. U! I've been playing it exclusively on the gamepad down in my basement (no router issues amazingly) and it's silky smooth and beautiful. Finally found a way that I can play console games while the family is asleep. It's incredibly cool too that you can plug headphones into the controller as well. Nintendo literally thought of everything :)

Can you do this with every game?

#8285 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

only thing i ever seen it done with is mario so who knows. Even nintendo showed it off with mario.

#8286 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Your ssid is the name of the network you have, it probably has to do with the security you have set up, such as wep, wpa2 and so on.

Some of these other security features sometimes need extra steps in the Wii U network setup so it can properly connect.

#8287 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Your ssid is the name of the network you have, it probably has to do with the security you have set up, such as wep, wpa2 and so on.

Some of these other security features sometimes need extra steps in the Wii U network setup so it can properly connect.

I guess that's what I meant. I don't know if I have wep, wpa2, etc

#8288 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Do all games allow you to play on the gamepad without the tv? Like batman or zombiu? Or is it dependent on the game?

#8289 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Do all games allow you to play on the gamepad without the tv? Like batman or zombiu? Or is it dependent on the game?

It depends on the game, I forgot what it said during the tutorial but it lets you know if you can. I was just looking at the back of one of the games, I wished it depicted a picture of allowing that feature. It has a picture of a gamepad, I don't know if that means it goes both ways or it you can just use it.

#8290 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

It depends on the game, I forgot what it said during the tutorial but it lets you know if you can. I was just looking at the back of one of the games, I wished it depicted a picture of allowing that feature. It has a picture of a gamepad, I don't know if that means it goes both ways or it you can just use it.

Ok, thanks, I appreciate it. Not a big deal, was just curious. I can't wait to get mine!

#8291 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

why is it so hard for nintendo to put ethernet ports into their systems.it's yet another way nintendo trys to cut cost. I'm sorry but don't matter if you have the best router on this planet. some Electronics affects the signal of wireless internet nothing you can do about it. It's more on customer and you ALWAYS get better connection hardlined then wireless.

#8292 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Do all games allow you to play on the gamepad without the tv?
Like batman or zombiu? Or is it dependent on the game?

joystiq.com/wii-u-gamepad-console-gaming-with-no-tv-required

No, I think right now it is NSMBU, Batman AC, one other?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8293 jcwkings

jcwkings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Does target put systems on hold?

#8294 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Was anyone elses update really fast??? mine only took 5 mins. I dont know what all this talk about the slow loading time is? Maybe this isnt the same update? Did you have to do anything to initiate the update because mine did it on its own...

#8295 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

wow, I can't get mine connected to wifi. I am getting error 103-1003 using auto settings. When I try manual connection I get 103-2004.

#8296 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

To anyone that has a preorder at Target... If your preorder fell through at one store, it can be honored at another store as long as you have your preorder card and the store has systems set aside for preorders only.

This is very YMMV. My order fell through because my target didn't get any deluxe models for shipment. I went to another Target and they said that they can only honor the card if you bought it at that particular store. They really aren't supposed to honor something like this because it throws off the preorder scheme. If I take a unit from Store B instead of my original Store A, then the person who ordered at Store B might miss out on the console they preordered there.

#8297 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

for anyone that got epic mickey 2 on wiiu today, can you tell me if you are forced to play with gamepad? or can you use pointer controls with mickey?

#8298 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Was anyone elses update really fast??? mine only took 5 mins. I dont know what all this talk about the slow loading time is? Maybe this isnt the same update? Did you have to do anything to initiate the update because mine did it on its own...

well, obviously all the people who got their launch systems at midnight last night and early 8 or 10am in the morning all got in the system to update and clogged the servers. if you updated just now, then you weren't in the heavy traffic. I am updating now and it's taking about 15 minutes

#8299 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Here's a question, and i'll post this in the general thread too. I went ahead and bypassed connecting to the internet because I didn't want to try to understand the complicated process. I wanted to get right to playing. I'll be hooking it up tomorrow and updating. But, I heard NSMBU forces another system update? Well, I already started playing that game, and have saved data.

Does anyone know if the console recognizes Mario needs a system update, will this cause my save data to be corrupted or erased? Thanks for any help.

#8300 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

well, it's supposed to be a 5gb update.

#8301 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

I just updated mine finally - checked the packet capture on the AP it's isolated to;
Usage:
654.4 MB (652.4 MB received, 1.9 MB sent)

#8302 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

ok i love the tv remote part of the gamepad.....why you ask? i dont know why but i can bury a remote in under a second and spend 10 minutes searching for the damn thing. but a big giant gamepad that even has its own power plug is a lot harder to lose.

i seriously thought this was going to be the dumbest thing they added to the console but by golly i love the TV remote function....its a remote i cant lose!

#8303 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

what games besides NSMBU and Zombie are you guys picking up?

im thinking about getting Sega All-stars, Epic Mickey 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3

#8304 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Gamepad Only Able Games:
Darksiders 2
Warriors Orochi 3
Black Ops 2
Batman
AC3
NSMB U
Tekken TT2
Scribblenauts unlimited
Rabbids Land
Sonic Racers

These are the ones I know of anyway.

#8305 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

what games besides NSMBU and Zombie are you guys picking up?

im thinking about getting Sega All-stars, Epic Mickey 2 or Ninja Gaiden 3

Only have Mario so far. I put off Skylander Giants until the Wii U came out, so that will be my next purchase.

Nothing else catching my eye at the moment, though that is mainly due to having a lot of the solid games (Batman, Darksiders II, etc) already on PC.

So my next plan of attack is picking up some of the best Wii games and playing through those since I abandoned my Wii early on. Have a Zelda game I picked up from a gamefly sale a while back that will probably be first.

My two $8 flingsmash bundles I got from some crazy BestBuy clearance sale a long while ago is finally paying off, yay for wiimotes. Need to get a nunchuck tho, and $20 for one feels like a punch to the gut.
Posted Image

#8306 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Zombie U you need a tv to play the Game Pad is pretty sweet for it though... Don't understand the low scores for the game I am having a blast with it. Playing Mario I don't even look at my 58 inch tv dunno if thats a bad thing lol

#8307 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Are purchases made in the eShop now associated to your account or is it still only associated with the console? Anyone know? Thanks.

Account.

uc.png

#8308 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Let's put this 5 GB update rumor to bed
The Wii U OS is 4.2 GB
The Day One update is about 700 MB

ign.com/key-details-on-wii-u-storage-solutions
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8309 htz

htz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Let's put this 5 GB update rumor to bed
The Wii U OS is 4.2 GB
The Day One update is about 700 MB

ign.com/key-details-on-wii-u-storage-solutions

I foresee christmas morning Nintendo's servers are going to crash again.

#8310 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Does the Wii USB ethernet adapter work with Wii U? If it does it could make a really huge difference here. I don't see why it couldn't work but this is nintendo after all.