The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8371 mastere333

mastere333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

For anyone that ordered the Target bundle on Friday: Has anyone's tracking information updated?

I received two separate tracking numbers, one for NSMB and the other for the console itself. The console tracking information has remained the same since Nov 16.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Hopefully, it actually updates tonight.

My tracking updated this morning, however I only have one tracking number. Mine is currently in shipment and has a delivery date of tomorrow. This was with the standard shipping.

#8372 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Wiiu remote plus is the same as regular remote plus?

Yeah, it's just different packaging.

#8373 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I had component cables and was running at 480p and wii games look exactly the same played on wii u. I'm just not seeing a difference.

And you might not. It's all dependent on the tv it's plugged into. Some people's TVs just happen to do a crappy job with analog component signals. If you don't notice a difference, you probably always wondered why people complained about their Wii's looking super blurry and the colors not being super bright. Additionally, depending on the size of your tv and the distance you sit, you may have never noticed the blurring pixels that plagued others with the Wii.

Edited by ProppaT, 19 November 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#8374 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, it's just different packaging.

To explain, this:

Posted Image

and this:

Posted Image

are identical.

#8375 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

What do you mean? Red/blue glasses?

No.. playstation games in 3d use the 3d tv lcd shutter glasses. I have not had a chance to try AC3 WiiU yet, though we have it here. I'm assuming that the gamepad uses the same tech for 3d, since thats what they use on the ps3, and also on the tv display for the wii U.

#8376 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

It looks like your Nintendo ID is tied to the system it's created on and currently there's no way to use it on another Wii U system.

Edit: It looks like Nintendo's stance on this will eventually change according to this article.

#8377 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Broken link, but yep, that sucks. I hope they change that.

Crunchewy.png

#8378 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Broken link, but yep, that sucks. I hope they change that.

Fixed, thanks.

Are saves tied to your account? If so would that mean you couldn't even transfer your saves, either?

#8379 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Nintendo network I'd: linkgx1

#8380 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

No.. playstation games in 3d use the 3d tv lcd shutter glasses. I have not had a chance to try AC3 WiiU yet, though we have it here. I'm assuming that the gamepad uses the same tech for 3d, since thats what they use on the ps3, and also on the tv display for the wii U.

The glasses used for 3D all depends on your tv/monitor. I think he was questioning the statement of 3D being on the gamepad. I don't think the gamepad can display 3D right now, I think that was just a rumor.

#8381 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think you might not really know what you are talking about.

#8382 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Walmart has white Wii-U bundles (unit + game, no controller) online again.

#8383 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thank you mods for cleaning up the thread. Especially that QQ guy's post. Welcome to 2006, Mr. "QQ". :roll:

Got my system yesterday at Target, but didn't know if I wanted to open it (YES I DID!) or wait (NO I DID NOT!) .. totally forgot I'd have to wait 48 hours to download a damn update, or else I would have set it to download overnight. Why don't things just work out of the box anymore? I mean I know I could just play without the update, but this is more of a general statement than one towards the Wii U.

#8384 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wiiu remote plus is the same as regular remote plus?

I think the ones with Wii packaging has the sync button under the battery cover. You don't need to remove the battery cover to access the sync button for the ones with Wii U packaging.

#8385 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

How accurate is Walmart.com's inventory tracker. According to my zip code, 10 area stores have both units in stock?

#8386 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

It looks like your Nintendo ID is tied to the system it's created on and currently there's no way to use it on another Wii U system.

Edit: It looks like Nintendo's stance on this will eventually change according to this article.

Wow. My system is funky and I was going to exchange it but I don't want to lose my ID. I hope Nintendo makes the necessary change ASAP. Guess I will hold on my system as long as I can.

#8387 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Wow. My system is funky and I was going to exchange it but I don't want to lose my ID. I hope Nintendo makes the necessary change ASAP. Guess I will hold on my system as long as I can.

Are you still having problems with the system locking up?

#8388 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Anyone have a fix for this?

I'm trying to download the update, but it opens up "downloading data for update", no progress on the progress bar gets made, an then it says it can't connect to the server.

The network connection test is working fine, so I don't think it's my console or router. Should I call The Big N about this?

#8389 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yeah.. that is really silly I think. If they can't fix the Nintendo ID issue quickly, they should let us store our Mii / name data on the SD card.. at least then it would be able to be put into another system.

My console is working fine so far, but who knows.. it has seen less than 5 hours play. I would be extremely upset if I lose my nintendo ID because Nintendo can't keep up with modern features.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#8390 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm trying to download the update, but it opens up "downloading data for update", no progress on the progress bar gets made, an then it says it can't connect to the server.

The network connection test is working fine, so I don't think it's my console or router. Should I call The Big N about this?

Nintendo's servers are probably working overtime right now. When I initially did the update yesterday morning it took several minutes before it showed anything on the progress bar. If you've got the time it probably wouldn't hurt to give them a call. They may not be able to do much for you over the phone but at least you'd know what the source of the problem is.

#8391 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

How accurate is Walmart.com's inventory tracker. According to my zip code, 10 area stores have both units in stock?

It's not at all. Don't trust it. At least not right now. Houston has a ton of stores and most are reporting via the site that they have Deluxe in stock. None of them do.
Posted Image

#8392 Nintendragon

Nintendragon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am in the exact same boat as you... At this point, I am thinking we won't get these until tomorrow.

=(

Same for me. I've actually contacted Target and UPS. Target told me they sent it to UPS and UPS says they haven't received it. Someone is lying, and the package is in limbo as far as I can tell. My money's on Target being the problem, as I've ordered tons of stuff from Amazon, and they almost exclusively send to me through UPS. I also ordered with 1-day shipping, so this seems quite unacceptable to me.

In the future I'm just going to preorder from a store or Amazon. I was originally going to preorder from Amazon, but then Nintendo took them off of the list of retailers.

At least I'm not the only one that is having trouble with Target...

#8393 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm also waiting on the Target/UPS thing. I'm just hoping UPS is being lazy with the updating. It wouldn't be the first time.

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

estimated arrival: Friday,11/16/2012-Wednesday,11/21/2012

They've got till Wednesday before I start complaining.
Posted Image

#8394 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Account.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

CBrownsT10.png

#8395 Justamom

Justamom

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

For anyone that ordered the Target bundle on Friday: Has anyone's tracking information updated?

I received two separate tracking numbers, one for NSMB and the other for the console itself. The console tracking information has remained the same since Nov 16.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Hopefully, it actually updates tonight.

Yes, I ordered the basic bundle. The shipping info updated today and it now says it will be delivered on Tuesday.

#8396 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

My first try failed after maybe 10 minutes or so of trying to connect, I then set up the Wii U and then tried again. It took a while to connect to the server again and the download took around 30-45 minutes.

#8397 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

My plain original "non motion plus" remotes are working just fine with my Wii U! Bonus!

#8398 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hmm... Kinda strange, hopefully they change this soon.

http://www.ign.com/a...-wii-u-consoles

CBrownsT10.png

#8399 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Has anyone that ordered from gamestop.com gotten their WII U yet?

#8400 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, the locked accounts is pretty freaking annoying. You'd think they'd have that working at launch. Also they say you'll be able to use the login on "future devices". That doesn't sound like "Other Wii U systems". I hope they haven't screwed it up until the NEXT console.

Crunchewy.png