The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8431 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Where is the Best Buy tracker I can't find it on their website.

Found an original at Best Buy but can't pull the trigger when the Deluxe is so much better and I am cheap :/

So it is not on the site. I fudged the url for NSMBWiiU by replacing the SKU with the SKU for the Deluxe WiiU. It seems to work okay, but again, I don't want to drive 30 miles and be told it is for reserve or that the website is wrong. And I have been calling on and off for about 45 minutes and it either rings over and over except for the one time I got someone who attempted to transfer me and then it just rang in the games section...

Perhaps someone else can try it and have some luck.

#8432 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Would it work to preserve the data if you save to SD card first on your Wii, and then transfer?

From what I understand, this would only work with game saves, and ones that can be copied. Well, all can be copied if you soft mod your Wii, but I don't think this works with DLC games or anything.

Apparently Wii U formats the SD card in a way where it will no longer work for normal file copying from the Wii. So you will need two SD cards. One to backup all your saves and another to transfer stuff to the Wii U.

#8433 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.

I ordered on November 4th and it hasn't shipped yet. :( I did see they have a HORI protector + stylus pack that is listed for December.. i hope it didn't get pushed back to launch with that. The PDP one is doing okay, but i'll replace it with the HORI.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#8434 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

screw best buy, i ordered the day it popped up and they cancelled my order. Walmart has shipped though for me though.

#8435 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Unless you live in NY, NJ or CT where you can get to the Nintendo World store pretty easily, I think these things will become more and more difficult to find in about a month.

Agreed, but I think it will be much easier to find the Basic edition. Everyone wants the Deluxe version which sells out quickly at stores.

#8436 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Called Sams today and they said that they are not stocking the systems, just the games. Anyone else heard this?

#8437 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

I just got my order from Target black Wii U + NSMBU bundle... no Mario game... GREAT. Talking to someone from India right now, he doesn't understand that I'm missing an item from my order. Ugh.

#8438 Yoseph

Yoseph

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I just got my order from Target black Wii U + NSMBU bundle... no Mario game... GREAT. Talking to someone from India right now, he doesn't understand that I'm missing an item from my order. Ugh.

Did you get express or premium shipping and did you order it on friday?

I know with my white bundle order on thursday target shipped my items seperately. I got the console today but no game . They refunded half my shipping cost. The black bundle i ordered on friday with premium shipping but the ups tracking has not updated yet. I am really worried.

#8439 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

the CAG formerly known as rbarba4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:

Don't have as many hoops to jump thru, but still just as lazy:).

Know that as soon as I start to move stuff around, I won't be done for at least an hour. And the system update, plus no games (still in shipping status) really have me dragging my feet.

#8440 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Wow, you're lucky. The tracking information for my console still hasn't updated yet.

*sigh* I miss Amazon for Nintendo launches. I never have this problem with them.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#8441 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Don't have as many hoops to jump thru, but still just as lazy:).

Know that as soon as I start to move stuff around, I won't be done for at least an hour. And the system update, plus no games (still in shipping status) really have me dragging my feet.

That too. I have a wall mounted TV, and like 6 or 7 other consoles and once I start, I won't be able to stop until everything is rearranged perfectly. I have selective OCD. :applause:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#8442 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..

Wii U so good all you need is the box to have fun

#8443 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Just got off the phone with customer service... they won't refund me for the shipping or send out another copy of NSMBU. They said I have to return the entire order. I really better get my $33.45 I paid for the 1 day shipping back. I am furious. Their customer service is a joke. First it was a man that barely spoke English, then a girl who I had to re-explain my issues to, and then 25mins of waiting only to be told that I'm screwed. All of my UGH. I just love have $450+ of my money tied up, and not having my Wii U. So fun.

#8444 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Well Strange issue here with my Walmart.com order my Deluxe and Zombie shipped Friday and will here Tuesday. But I also had a pro in the bundle which has not shipped. They have not charged my card or even pre auth on it. Which I find weird, how can they ship the main part of my order and not charge at all? Plus my ETA on the controller Is Wednesday through next Monday but still not shipped. Very weird Walmart is a Clusterfuck.
Posted Image

#8445 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

dude I think it was pretty clear that the system and mario were sent separately.

Also they hire from the philippines not india

#8446 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV

#8447 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV

there is no "gamepad off button" the best you can do is(and its in the wii u instruction manual too that manual is surprisingly useful for once) is click the home button on the gamepad, click the controller settings and click turn display off.

no why there is no gamepad off button when you are using the pro controller for a game like ninja gaiden ill never know....

#8448 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yeah the battery life isn't great but also not a surprise. The only option I can think of is to leave it plugged in and run an extension cord to the couch if necessary.

#8449 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

You can turn down the screen's brightness. IIRC the default is the second-highest setting. The option is found on the Home screen. There's also a power-saving mode & the ability to disable rumble.

#8450 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm sure it'll change as time goes by, but I'm not seeing the rarity. Local Walmart has 2 basics and 8 deluxe on the shelf. They have more Wii U than regular Wii in stock.
Posted Image

#8451 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just got off the phone with customer service... they won't refund me for the shipping or send out another copy of NSMBU. They said I have to return the entire order. I really better get my $33.45 I paid for the 1 day shipping back. I am furious. Their customer service is a joke. First it was a man that barely spoke English, then a girl who I had to re-explain my issues to, and then 25mins of waiting only to be told that I'm screwed. All of my UGH. I just love have $450+ of my money tied up, and not having my Wii U. So fun.

Did you have to sign for the package from Target? Or did UPS leave it w/ Next Day Air. I ordered mine through Target online and I am wondering if I have to have a human around to sign for it since... ya know... work and stuff.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#8452 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Went to pick up the last of my pre-orders today at Walmart, and spotted a lonely Basic Set out with the rest of the video games.

#8453 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Here's a tip that some may have mentioned already for those that want to pick up extra Wiimotes:

TRU has the Flingsmash w/ Wiimote (w/ built-in Motion Plus) on clearance for $25, and with the current B1G1 40% sale, you can get 2 Wiimotes (and 2 copies of a throwaway game) for ~$40.

#8454 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Here's a tip that some may have mentioned already for those that want to pick up extra Wiimotes:

TRU has the Flingsmash w/ Wiimote (w/ built-in Motion Plus) on clearance for $25, and with the current B1G1 40% sale, you can get 2 Wiimotes (and 2 copies of a throwaway game) for ~$40.

online it's one per customer.. unless you're just talking about in store

#8455 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

online it's one per customer.. unless you're just talking about in store

I saw the online limit so went to the store and was able to get two there. You can call ahead to check their stock (their site only tells you if they have at least one).

#8456 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

thanks for the tip

#8457 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

This is what I did. My TRU had a bunch of them. I flipped one of the games at Bullmoose along with another game. I got less than $1 for Flingsmash. lol

#8458 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

there is no "gamepad off button" the best you can do is(and its in the wii u instruction manual too that manual is surprisingly useful for once) is click the home button on the gamepad, click the controller settings and click turn display off.

no why there is no gamepad off button when you are using the pro controller for a game like ninja gaiden ill never know....

When you turn the display off it turns right back on when you touch a button so it doesn't help conserve battery while playing a game with the gamepad. Seems like Nintendo dropped the ball a little bit on that.

#8459 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Im sure they will address it with a software update... they are really invested in this system so updates to make it better will be huge for them going forward. Loving it so far by the way :D

#8460 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Wii U so good all you need is the box to have fun

My 4 year old daughter agrees.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!