The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8461 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

When you turn the display off it turns right back on when you touch a button so it doesn't help conserve battery while playing a game with the gamepad. Seems like Nintendo dropped the ball a little bit on that.

yea i know but it at least helps if you arent using the gamepad. but i do agree no gamepad off button and no keep the display off button sucks

#8462 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

And now for the saddest story of the day.
I picked up my preorder at Best buy at 11am Sunday morning. Got out of work , updated and played Nintendoland for a couple hours.
Super impressed with the technology, very excitedly planned to buy Mario today.

Grabbed Mario today, couldn't wait to get home after work to play. Got a call from fiancee who told me our 2 year old son poured his drink of water down the top of the system....

Sadly preparing to go home after work and see what can be salvaged.

#8463 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

I picked up my preorder at Best buy at 11am Sunday morning. Got out of work , updated and played Nintendoland for a couple hours.

Grabbed Mario today, couldn't wait to get home after work to play. Got a call from fiancee who told me our 2 year old son poured his drink of water down the top of the system....

Brutal!

#8464 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hey, as I read that, I was really afraid something happened to your two year old. Don't be too sad! You've got the most important thing in your life still.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#8465 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

The worst part is that the best buy warranty doesnt cover accidental damage on the system itself, only on the gamepad and accessories -_-

#8466 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hey, as I read that, I was really afraid something happened to your two year old. Don't be too sad! You've got the most important thing in your life still.

I also thought that something bad happened to your 2 year old son!

#8467 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

At the moment I'm not to impressed with him, lol.

Apparently though the 360 got it worse...
Oh well hopefully the ps3 survived the flood.

Usually he shows absolutely no interest in the consoles under the tv. This is the first time he's ever done anything like this.

To make matters even more worse, I had given my debit card to my fiancee and forgot to get it back, so I ended up putting the system on a best buy charge.
Man I hope it still works....

#8468 Meeps

Meeps

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.

I had it preordered and switched to 1-day shipping, but customer service had no idea when it would actually ship so I cancelled. Gamestop.com lists the release for tomorrow so I'm trying them instead. Hori's official site seems to have them for order today too.

#8469 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I also have a 2 year old and I'm always afraid that he'll destroy my gaming consoles. I'm really glad that I have a man cave with all my video game consoles/PCs that keep him out . Once he figures out how to open the door, I'll have to lock it! That means I'll have to unlock my man cave every time just to play games!

#8470 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

I also have a 2 year old and I'm always afraid that he'll destroy my gaming consoles. I'm really glad that I have a man cave with all my video game consoles/PCs that keep him out . Once he figures out how to open the door, I'll have to lock it! That means I'll have to unlock my man cave every time just to play games!

Same here sad thing is my son loves watching me play games but he enjoys throwing everything. so I am pretty sure they made the wrist strap for him.

Kamagii.png

#8471 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

thats the reason i could never be a parent

if a kid of mine did that id probably be in jail right now

#8472 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Usually he shows absolutely no interest in the consoles under the tv. This is the first time he's ever done anything like this.

To make matters even more worse, I had given my debit card to my fiancee and forgot to get it back, so I ended up putting the system on a best buy charge.

When the next generation of consoles comes out and he's old enough to play/appreciate them is when you strike. Get him super excited for launch and purchase one for him. Get it all set up and sit him down in front of the TV. After he's gotten into playing it for an hour or so walk into the living room with a baseball bat and smash the console to pieces. Look him straight in the eye and tell him "This sucks doesn't it? Well now you know how I felt." Then pour a glass of water on him.

#8473 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I played for 5+ hours today, lol. Eventually tried to update Netflix, but it couldn't connect to the server. I'm assuming the servers are getting hit hard again. I'll try again later. I'm freaking addicted to Mario. Miiverse is pretty nifty and I'm impressed with the depth of Nintendoland. There is a lot more there than normal party game compilations.

Another note...last night I thought I couldn't get the console to my wifi. Turns out I just needed to add the dashes to my security password. I felt like a dumbass when I realized that lol. Also glad to say the update didn't take too long for me. I did it at around 2 today and it probably took about 37 minutes.

#8474 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Same here sad thing is my son loves watching me play games but he enjoys throwing everything. so I am pretty sure they made the wrist strap for him.

I haven't gotten around to having my son watch me play games yet because as soon as I start playing, I know he'll jump off the couch, grab the kinect sensor, and fling it at the TV! Then he'll start running around the house laughing while i chase him down! ;)

#8475 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

If it's really just water, everything should be fine if you leave it in a well ventilated place to dry thoroughly (this is a general rule for all electronics).

#8476 PlayableMoogle

PlayableMoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Honestly, it's Nintendo. I'd give it two days, then try turning it on. I bet it'll be fine. Please report back when it does though, so everyone can rejoice.

Your 360, however, is probably f'd in the a.

#8477 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

the gamepad is so awesome

watching mnf and playing nba 2k13 on the gamepad

im in love

#8478 Loudpacmanjones

Loudpacmanjones

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

anyone know where i can rent wii u titles in person?

not sure if this was asked before sorry if it was.

nnetwork id: mtchap

#8479 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

family Video
Blockbuster (maybe)
Movie Gallery (maybe)

Kamagii.png

#8480 SQUIDWARD79

SQUIDWARD79

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Well Strange issue here with my Walmart.com order my Deluxe and Zombie shipped Friday and will here Tuesday. But I also had a pro in the bundle which has not shipped. They have not charged my card or even pre auth on it. Which I find weird, how can they ship the main part of my order and not charge at all? Plus my ETA on the controller Is Wednesday through next Monday but still not shipped. Very weird Walmart is a Clusterfuck.

same thing for me. Actually received Mario today. WiiU tomorrow and pro controller, who knows.

#8481 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

first freeze up

during halftime of a game in nba 2k13 both screen and gamepad went black and stuck on the music in the game

ejected the disc and music still played so i had to pull the plug from the back

hopefully its just a glitch in the game and not evidence of the system malfunctioning

sucks

#8482 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I called my Blockbuster and there putting out all the Wii U games tomorrow. I asked the guy and he is putting aside a copy of AC3 for me so I can rent it tomorrow morning.

Could all just depend on location tho.

I recommend the Blue Ticket Pass. $14.99 a month for 1 game/dvd and no limits..beat AC3 in 2 days, take it back and grab the next game for me. You can literally take a game back 3 or 4 times a day if you wanted to....and if they dont have a game in you want just grab a DVD.

#8483 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

I picked up my preorder (online in-store pickup) from Best Buy this evening no problem. Just the Deluxe system. I have NSMBU coming from NewEgg tomorrow. It all goes into the basement hidden away until Xmas.
Posted Image

#8484 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

first freeze up

during halftime of a game in nba 2k13 both screen and gamepad went black and stuck on the music in the game

ejected the disc and music still played so i had to pull the plug from the back

hopefully its just a glitch in the game and not evidence of the system malfunctioning

sucks

Had two in NintendoLand today. Mine were crazy hard locks that I had to unplug the console for. That was kind of lame. My girlfriend has been playing Scribblenauts for the past hour and a half perfectly fine, so hopefully it's just a bug.

#8485 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
Everrything works , even the 360.
Glorious.
There you go folks.
Wii u is mad water resistant. Loves me some nintendo.

#8486 Scarlet H

Scarlet H

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
Everrything works , even the 360.
Glorious.
There you go folks.
Wii u is mad water resistant. Loves me some nintendo.

There was one victim... My Samsung Galaxy tablet. It fires up, but it won't charge. So I've got about 2 more hours to enjoy it. :cry:

Avid Xbox 360, Zune, and Windows Phone 7 user.

Posted Image

#8487 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

When the next generation of consoles comes out and he's old enough to play/appreciate them is when you strike. Get him super excited for launch and purchase one for him. Get it all set up and sit him down in front of the TV. After he's gotten into playing it for an hour or so walk into the living room with a baseball bat and smash the console to pieces. Look him straight in the eye and tell him "This sucks doesn't it? Well now you know how I felt." Then pour a glass of water on him.

The glass of water at the end is the best part. Smashing the console is brutal enough, but you just need that extra knife-twist to really get the point across.

Well played.

#8488 ||||||

||||||

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

anyone in los angeles area know a best place to pick up a wii u deluxe. i had it paid on layaway at the walmart on crenshaw, and they never received any in. they don't know when either. so, i wan't to try luck somewhere else and just cancel it from walmart.

#8489 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

There was one victim... My Samsung Galaxy tablet. It fires up, but it won't charge. So I've got about 2 more hours to enjoy it. :cry:

well time to trade it in while it has battery life!! lol

#8490 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Those who picked up from Target, do you go to electronics or customer service? All i need is the card correct?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921