The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8491 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

do you think a portable USB powered 3.b hard rive will be ok for the wii u? bestbuy will have one for 39.99

Maybe, maybe not.

"To ensure maximum performance between your Wii U and an external storage device,
we recommend using a hard-disc drive (HDD) with a dedicated power source (i.e., using an A/C adapter)."

http://www.ign.com/a...orage-solutions
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8492 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Those who picked up from Target, do you go to electronics or customer service? All i need is the card correct?

I went to electronics...they scan the card so you can get the $5 giftcard

#8493 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

I dont know if I should sell my Wii and get a game cube, or keep the Wii to use as a game cube...

Even with 100% the Wii would only get me 50 bucks at gamestop yeah?

#8494 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I dont know if I should sell my Wii and get a game cube, or keep the Wii to use as a game cube...

Even with 100% the Wii would only get me 50 bucks at gamestop yeah?

I always keep my consoles. The Wii is a very good system, and if you don't have a GC that's all the more reason to hold on to it.

#8495 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

just heads up Gamestop is offering double trade in credit for consoles on black friday , you can get $50 back for your regular Wii, also i traded in Nintendoland today got $27 bucks for it not bad

#8496 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

just heads up Gamestop is offering double trade in credit for consoles on black friday , you can get $50 back for your regular Wii, also i traded in Nintendoland today got $27 bucks for it not bad

Is a Wii only $25, might as well keep it in closet.

#8497 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Is a Wii only $25, might as well keep it in closet.

well you can get $50 credit for it on black friday, or $60 for it if you have a motion plus controller

thats pretty good for something thats obsolete now, you wont even get that much for them on ebay

#8498 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, the value is like nothing now but its likely going to just sit and i can prob get a gamecube cheap on craigs list.

#8499 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

LOL somebody yesterday posted they got $30 for Nintendoland. Went down $3 in a day.

#8500 bangbang

bangbang

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I pre-ordered Wii U Deluxe bundle with Zombi U from Walmart on 10/30. Console went to shipping status on Sunday and is scheduled for Wednesday delivery. (cheapest shipping). I picked up Mario U and Madden 13 from TRU 40% off deal.

Thinking about exchanging Zombi U for maybe... AC3 or scribble nauts ?! or something...

Sold my wii for $80 a couple weeks ago on ebay.

Should be a nice thanksgiving week-end.

#8501 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
Everrything works , even the 360.
Glorious.
There you go folks.
Wii u is mad water resistant. Loves me some nintendo.

That's good I'm happy for you!:)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#8502 bangbang

bangbang

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

After reading joystiq's review of zombiu I'd suggest playing it.

Thanks i'll check out joystiq's review.

#8503 Kingmob46

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Well, here is my quest for the D-Luxe short re-cap version [for posterities sake]:
Original Wal-Mart Pre-Order: forced to cancel [cannot change shipping address after placing order, who knew I would sell and buy a house in the time between pre-order and release?]

Target Pre-Order: Delayed until well into December

K-Mart in store pick up [HA HA yeah right, that would require K-Mart to take its bloated 1970's sales philosophy out of its lumbering corporate ass]

New Egg big boy package: Order Voided [I'm still shocked that this is how New Egg treated this]

Sunday Morning 11/18: walked up to Wal-Mart 15 minutes before opening, picked up last D-Luxe, back in my car 25 minutes after I got out.

Total time spent chasing pre-orders: at least 5 - 6 hours

Total time spent waiting/purchasing at Wal-Mart 25 minutes.

There is a lesson to be learned here.

#8504 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Just got off the phone with customer service... they won't refund me for the shipping or send out another copy of NSMBU. They said I have to return the entire order. I really better get my $33.45 I paid for the 1 day shipping back. I am furious. Their customer service is a joke. First it was a man that barely spoke English, then a girl who I had to re-explain my issues to, and then 25mins of waiting only to be told that I'm screwed. All of my UGH. I just love have $450+ of my money tied up, and not having my Wii U. So fun.

Don't give up. Being screwed is not an option. Write to and/or call corporate offices if you can. Make a big sob story and what-not and you may get something out of it. Say it's ridiculous that you would risk ruining a little kid's Christmas over your own error(lie and say the gift is for your son or something).

#8505 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

well you can get $50 credit for it on black friday, or $60 for it if you have a motion plus controller

thats pretty good for something thats obsolete now, you wont even get that much for them on ebay

eBay here I come, i'm looking to pick one up. Last Nintendo console was N64.

Yeah, the value is like nothing now but its likely going to just sit and i can prob get a gamecube cheap on craigs list.

Hope the MGS Gamecube game isn't too much.

#8506 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Currently looking for a place that has the Hori Screen protector locally since Amazon is sold out : /
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#8507 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I also have a 2 year old and I'm always afraid that he'll destroy my gaming consoles. I'm really glad that I have a man cave with all my video game consoles/PCs that keep him out . Once he figures out how to open the door, I'll have to lock it! That means I'll have to unlock my man cave every time just to play games!

Hide it behind a secret wall that you must play a piano to open, then turn your man cave into a.... BAT CAVE!

#8508 The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Currently looking for a place that has the Hori Screen protector locally since Amazon is sold out : /

Check hori's website

#8509 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

I got bb to PM tru's buy 1 get 1 40% off, got zombiU and NSMBU but NSMBU only cost me 31.80... Did they derp and give me 50% off by accident???

#8510 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Got my Wii U and now starting the long update process lol!!! Hopefully it will be done by the time I wake up for work.

#8511 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Went into a local best buy today and seen at least 10 Wii U Deluxe models sitting on a shelf by the Wii games/consoles. Either they got a new shipment in or they were selling preorder consoles.

Picked one up since I wasn't able to grab one at the midnight launch at Walmart since I didn't preorder and they only had 10 that night.

Also got them to PM TRU B1G1 40%, grabbed NSMBU and Black Ops, debating if I should have gotten something else instead of BLOPS.

#8512 247

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Was thinking of buying a usb drive but since you cant install games i think ill save my money.

#8513 Meringue

Meringue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I think only USB HDD's work for game installation.

I have an old 320 one that'll match nicely, but I don't plan on going digital for retail games on anything but PC, so I'll probably be fine with the 32GB if I get a Wii U soon, unless there's some sudden deluge of digital only releases of niche titles.

#8514 Fathergamer

Fathergamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Well i got my Wii U at Walmart at the mark of midnight yesterday. I had to wait eight hours in line , but I got my deluxe bundle. They kept telling us all they had was the white one. I had already gone throught my seven stages and had excepted that is what fate had delt me, but long story short they were very wrong and I walked away with a deluxe, which im using right now to type this message. I am hearing that the system is still available in some store here in Florida.

#8515 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Here's the Nerf Armor in action:

Posted Image

Where did you end up buying this and how much?
Thanks
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#8516 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Someone already managed to grab "Xscapist." :-(

When setting up the Wii U initially, has anyone had it refuse to display when 1080p is selected as the option, only displaying in 1080i?

#8517 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Miiverse is much better than I thought it would be... I'm impressed.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#8518 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

GIANT WII U AD DOMINATING THE FRONT PAGE OF YOUTUBE!!!

S*** just got real...

#8519 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

My Target.com preorder finally shipped last night and the info changed on UPS. Shipped from a St. Louis suburb to Texas.
Posted Image

#8520 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

I think I will try and find a system today. So far five Wal-Marts, five Gamestops, a Target and a BestBuy... all sold out of all units. Games are plentiful though.