The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8581 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Target got in new stock today picked up 1 of 2 WiiU blacks with red card 350.00 out the door

Kamagii.png

#8582 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

SO uh.. Is Darksiders II better than one? Been debating about getting it for the Wii U. I liked the first one but got bored half way through and never finished. I felt it bad some good ideas, but got repetitive. Not sure if the 2nd one is like that too.

#8583 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Finally got the WII U from gamestop.com pre order.

Now im half way done downloading that damn update.

#8584 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sounds like confirmations are coming in that another short supply was sent to retailers today (I can confirm that the BB in my area received more as well).

#8585 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yea my Target got 2 Black and 2 white those were gone as the guy was putting them in the case.

Wife is wrapping it for me and my son for X-mas :)

Kamagii.png

#8586 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Did anyone else who orderd at Walmart.com not get the whole order? My controller never shipped but the system is on the way should have it this afternoon. At least Ihave not been charged yet. Anyone who had system ship not been charged?
Posted Image

#8587 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

No controllers from Walmart for me either.

#8588 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

My GameStop today got 1 black and three whites. I happened to be there while they were opening them up. All four were bought by 4 people who were already in the store browsing.

#8589 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Did anyone else who orderd at Walmart.com not get the whole order? My controller never shipped but the system is on the way should have it this afternoon. At least Ihave not been charged yet. Anyone who had system ship not been charged?

Walmart won't charge until the entire order ships or you cancel the outstanding part of the order.

#8590 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I settled on a PDP branded protector yesterday. I'm gonna apply it sometime over the thanksgiving holidays.

I bought that one. Two protectors for $9.99. I got it on pretty quick with no bubbles and minimal particles trapped underneath. It looks and feels really good.

#8591 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

How long is the Target preorder hold period for? One week? I'm showing a couple stores in the area with stock, but I think they're preorders. Other than that it's bone dry around these parts.

#8592 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'd be pissed if they sold something I had on layaway. I wonder if those people are still guaranteed a console whenever new ones come in, or if their layaways get just cancelled completely.

When I talked to the woman at layaway when I placed the pre-order, she told me it will sit in the back until I come and get it, or until Dec. 14. I think this guy's Wal-Mart manager is just a a$$hole. Layaway is not backup inventory... people have put down deposits knowing that they have a certain time limit to pay off their things. The Wii U pre-orders are no different.

#8593 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

The Walmart stores around me just received shipment on both sets. I'm pretty sure there are handfuls at most, if not all, stores nationwide. No substantial profit for flippers until the holiday season.....:D

#8594 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

The Walmart stores around me just received shipment on both sets. I'm pretty sure there are handfuls at most, if not all, stores nationwide. No substantial profit for flippers until the holiday season.....:D

Where are you located?
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#8595 goku2057

goku2057

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Both of mine are on the truck and out for delivery today. So here's to hoping they arrive in one piece.

#8596 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Springfield, IL

#8597 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Springfield, IL

Well I'm not in IL, but I guess i can check the stores around me when I get out of class. Since I am not paying attention to my instructor anyways, lol.
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#8598 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I've been able to find white basic sets almost everyday since launch, but can't find a deluxe, which is what I want.

I'm also hitting toys r us on my way home to take advantage of the B1G1 40% off. I think im grabbing Mario and Scribblenauts.

#8599 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yeah. I checked using major cities, ie Chicago/Seattle, as bases. They showed in stock at most stores for the deluxe. Didn't bother checking the Basic set.

#8600 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

I was 4th on the wait list at my local GS. They called today and said they had a deluxe for me. Also said not to worry because they were getting another shipment before the weekend.

#8601 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

I've been able to find white basic sets almost everyday since launch, but can't find a deluxe, which is what I want.

I'm also hitting toys r us on my way home to take advantage of the B1G1 40% off. I think im grabbing Mario and Scribblenauts.

If you have a Best Buy store near you, they will price match.

#8602 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

If you have a Best Buy store near you, and credit there, they will price match.

I do have quite a bit of Best buy credit, but thought my luck of getting that matched would be low. I intended on using the credit towards the system if I could find a deluxe at a best buy, but right now I will take the system anywhere i can find it.

Isn't the matching of the TRU ad very YMMV?

#8603 mabuhay13

mabuhay13

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Everything is YMMV when it comes to Best Buy and their mismanagement.

#8604 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Everything is YMMV when it comes to Best Buy and their mismanagement.

Exactly my thought! haha

I'm hoping I have luck when I leave school. WOuld love to find a deluxe SOMEWHERE close to me tonight. :D

#8605 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Thanks, but to be fair that's how most screen protectors work. :-#

I know but other CAGs were poo-pooing the PDP set because they couldn't figure it out so I thought it was worth mentioning. It's one of the better screen protectors sets I've bought and the extra styluses are nice.

uc.png

#8606 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes!

#8607 FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes!

Me, too! No more extra long Wiimotes for me.

Edit: TIV $2 each (100% bonus included) at Best Buy.

Edited by FierceDeityLink1, 20 November 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#8608 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I know but other CAGs were poo-pooing the PDP set because they couldn't figure it out so I thought it was worth mentioning. It's one of the better screen protectors sets I've bought and the extra styluses are nice.

Well, it's all about quality. I've used both in the past. The PDP is not horrible, and it does keep your screen protected.

That said, I installed a Hori on one of my DS Lites, and a PDP on the other.
After a year's use, I went and removed the Hori, and the screen was ready for application of a new protector within seconds.
When I removed the PDP protector, there was a film on my screen that took more than a few minutes to remove, and left the screen with a rainbow effect until I got it all off. They claim there's nothing there, but obviously they're not of the same quality as Hori.

#8609 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

That's... a really good idea.
Posted Image

#8610 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Where did you end up buying this and how much?
Thanks

I got the Nerf armor at my local Best Buy. $19.99. Available with blue, pink, or orange accents.

I'm very happy with it. Far better than going bareback.