The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8671 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Ninja Gaiden 3 is far superior to the 360/PS3 version that released earlier this year, has minor framerate hiccups which most people aren't bothered by.

Batman: Arkham City is a solid port, better in some areas worse in others.

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU is butchered don't even bother with it. EA put minimal effort into porting the game over.

Darksiders 2 is another solid port, some say the best version of the game, haven't played it myself. I played the jacked up PC version :cold:

#8672 Meeps

Meeps

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

I was also waiting for Amazon on the Hori screen protector but was surprised to find it at Toys R Us. Not listed online. B&M item #873124003901. $7.99.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try looking tomorrow. It's been driving me nuts not being able to open my system until I get one.

#8673 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Ok... wth wii U... I was typing a message to someone... Mario will try to auto complete to (ganja) before it does to mario when your still typing it... before mario... and its the wii u.... wth?

#8674 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Assassin's Creed 3 has better lighting but otherwise runs the same as the other versions.

CoD: Black Ops 2 looks and runs better. Online feels exactly the same.

#8675 GoGoMeZ

GoGoMeZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Went to Walmart here in Fort Worth, Tx and was able to snag a deluxe. Wal-Mart guy told me they didn't have any in. I asked him if he could check the back as the website said they had them in store. He gave me the typical wonderful attitude you can expect from WAL-MART associates and went to the back room. He returned with a box of four deluxe models and said they must have just came in. I guess stores are already getting more in and the system is not that hard to find if you look.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8676 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

I work at Office Depot. We are going to have quite a few external hard drives on sale on Black Friday...

Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB External Hard Drive for $59.99.
Seagate® Expansion Desktop USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 2TB for $79.99.
Western Digital® My Book® Essential™ USB 3.0 External Hard Drive, 3TB for $119.99.

There's also to be a wide assortment of cheap flash memory.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (12) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#8677 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Ok... wth wii U... I was typing a message to someone... Mario will try to auto complete to (ganja) before it does to mario when your still typing it... before mario... and its the wii u.... wth?

maybe put down the drugs and step away from the keyboard. :D

#8678 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Assassin's Creed 3 has better lighting but otherwise runs the same as the other versions.

CoD: Black Ops 2 looks and runs better. Online feels exactly the same.

When you say feels exactly the same do you mean lag compensation and bad hit markers? Im holding out hope they are not there.

#8679 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

http://www.nintendo....usb_devices.jsp

^Nintendo's recommended list of hard drives. Go with the buffalo, much better reviews than the toshiba.

#8680 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Anyone else having issues connecting to Netflix? It let me attempt to login, but I think I mistyped the password (it's the only reason I can think of on my side) and now anytime I attempt to use the Netflix app, it tells me it is unable to connect to Netflix at this time, and gives me a useless URL to go to. Then my only options are to Retry or Exit.

#8681 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

TRU order finally shipped yesterday.

#8682 tmille69

tmille69

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

-Man, I get the last Deluxe System in stock and Of course it has to be the one with the faulty Gamepad screen! It stutters, and tears with pixels, like a satellite dish in a Thunderstorm! -Fucking sucks! -It's not a total loss you can still use the Gamepad, but now it's asking for a Gamepad update, and it gets to 80% and Fails! So I called Nintendo, I have to send it in, which is going to be forever! okay, okay maybe not forever, but 10 days is a long time when you just bought a new system!.. I'm Sad :(

#8683 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

http://www.nintendo....usb_devices.jsp

^Nintendo's recommended list of hard drives. Go with the buffalo, much better reviews than the toshiba.

Kinda new to the external HD field, would a Seagate be an OK choice? That 2TB one that Office D will be selling is tempting.

#8684 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Anyone else having issues connecting to Netflix? It let me attempt to login, but I think I mistyped the password (it's the only reason I can think of on my side) and now anytime I attempt to use the Netflix app, it tells me it is unable to connect to Netflix at this time, and gives me a useless URL to go to. Then my only options are to Retry or Exit.

I used Netflix on Sunday with Wii U but I didn't seem to have any issues :/ Could it be just a snag this evening?

Side note: Noticed the Hulu Plus download was available today, by the way

#8685 xarthan

xarthan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Went to gamestop to see if they had any deluxe, wishful thinking, but got on their waiting list. Then decided to drop by freddie, and woohoo they had 1 left. Snaged that :)

#8686 jcwkings

jcwkings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

is there anyone who was able to buy a deluxe wii u at k-mart???

#8687 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

K-mart and Target had some deluxes today where I live. Target had 3 deluxe and 3 reg. I sent $500 before I knew it, smart. People are having luck, just drive around and hit every shop you can think of.

Posted Image

#8688 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

i thought i saw there was an issue if your password had an @ in it. so if you do that is the problem, easy fix change your password.. it not, im not sure what the problem is.

#8689 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

wonder if after black friday these Wii U's will still be in stock not for me i have one but just general curiosity

#8690 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Kinda new to the external HD field, would a Seagate be an OK choice? That 2TB one that Office D will be selling is tempting.

Yes, the Seagate is a better HDD than what Nintendo has listed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8691 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.

#8692 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread, but is anyone else regretting the purchase of a Wii U? I bought one, and honestly, it just isnt doing much for me. :/ 3 days in and I am already thinking of selling it. (no not scalping, I would either sell it on here at cost or craigslist at cost. seriously.) I just dont dig Nintendo Land and I dont have enough faith in the system to buy a new game.

You should try a few of the higher rated exclusives before throwing in the towel. Perhaps NSMBU or Scribblenauts?

#8693 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I stopped by Target yesterday and was told that they received ten on top of the ten preorders they had and that they were sold out within an hour. Since I was one of the preorders he told me it would be held until Sunday (I picked one up at Wal-mart's midnight launch already) and would be put out for sale after that. I asked when they would be getting more in and he said they were expecting a truck BEFORE THE 20th OF NEXT MONTH!!! Lol

#8694 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I did a post search in this thread and couldn't see anybody who has my same problem:

I ordered a wireless Pro Controller from Amazon back in September. And the estimated delivery status just got bumped into late December. Anybody get their controller from Amazon or have the same delay issue?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#8695 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Pro controllers are in stock at a lot of retail locations. Just cancel the preorder, and buy it locally.

#8696 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

the gamestop that i work at is all sold out of the pro controllers, but i guess it just depends where you are at

Firepowerr.png

#8697 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Pro controllers are in stock at a lot of retail locations. Just cancel the preorder, and buy it locally.

I am in NJ and all the stores that I visited were out of the controllers in black. Plenty of white ones.

#8698 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have a deluxe layaway preorder at Wal-Mart but won't be able to pick it up for another week or two probably. Anyone know how long they hold these?

#8699 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I have a deluxe layaway preorder at Wal-Mart but won't be able to pick it up for another week or two probably. Anyone know how long they hold these?

It should say right on your receipt. 60 days from when you placed it
Posted Image

#8700 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

It should say right on your receipt. 60 days from when you placed it

Duh. Great, thank you for the response.