#8791 ytsejames

ytsejames

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

FYI, this is what I saw at Best Buy less than an hour ago:

Posted Image

Those aren't display boxes.

I just got back from Target, and check this out! 30 Basic and 30 Deluxe on a display far away from the electronics section. I verified that these were not display boxes. They had more in electronics. They were in the middle of setting up the Black Friday displays. Was the launch shortage simply a way to build hype? This is the store I got my Wii U at, and they had 1/4 this many at launch.

Posted Image

#8792 minort tough

minort tough

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Agree 100%. Nintendo will get played much longer than Wii Sports in our house. BTW, found a Deluxe at Fred Meyer in Lynnwood, WA today.

#8793 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

I just got back from Target, and check this out! 30 Basic and 30 Deluxe on a display far away from the electronics section. I verified that these were not display boxes. They had more in electronics. They were in the middle of setting up the Black Friday displays. Was the launch shortage simply a way to build hype? This is the store I got my Wii U at, and they had 1/4 this many at launch.

Fuck man that's insane, usually they wait to set these displays up till after close. You know the launch was artificially shorted that's retail for ya. I like how Reggie says Monday more will be available for Black Friday don't worry. So what the factory built a couple thousand over the weekend and they shipped to stores in time for Friday? Right:roll:

#8794 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

]

that's good to see.

The thing that cracks me up was the obvious resellers in this thread INSISTING (trying to convince themselves probably) that there would be NO WII-Us available this holiday.

The real test though will be how much they have in stock post-bf weekend. Then we'll know whether the shortage hype was legit or not.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#8795 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Fuck man that's insane, usually they wait to set these displays up till after close. You know the launch was artificially shorted that's retail for ya. I like how Reggie says Monday more will be available for Black Friday don't worry. So what the factory built a couple thousand over the weekend and they shipped to stores in time for Friday? Right:roll:

went to TRU to see if they had a deluxe when i was taking a picture of the buy1get1 40% off for wii u games to pm at BB, the guy said they weren't selling them until friday...

#8796 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

my targets were putting up black friday stuff tonight too.

As for the shortage...

When wii first came out I know for a fact that Target at least was holding a ton of wiis specifically for black friday - the store runs a national ad and they can not put something in the national ad unless they have a certain quantity at every store nation wide. I think that after black friday people will be fucked if they did not get a wii u. Also all of my targets have been out around here so maybe the outages are regional? With the wii, when the nation was out and people were spending 400 or so on ebay they always had them in stock here....

Good luck to those still looking!

#8797 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

that's good to see.

The thing that cracks me up was the obvious resellers in this thread INSISTING (trying to convince themselves probably) that there would be NO WII-Us available this holiday.

The real test though will be how much they have in stock post-bf weekend. Then we'll know whether the shortage hype was legit or not.

Yeah, remember, its only launched in the US so far so they can send more here but I bet after this weekend stores will be selled out and then units are going to be shipped to EU and JP.

#8798 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah, remember, its only launched in the US so far so they can send more here but I bet after this weekend stores will be selled out and then units are going to be shipped to EU and JP.

I totally agree and had some girl at a gamestop tell me that is exactly what is going to happen....having said all of that and all that shit two posts up

Gamestop has the black and white one for sale online right now!

Game on bitches! ....and like I said, get it while you can, I think this shit will sell out...for the year....by tomorrow

#8799 czissis

czissis

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Got a Deluxe at the Best Buy in Pembroke Pines FL. They had at least 20 or so of each model. Also plenty of Pro Controllers.

#8800 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Got my deluxe set today and I'm very happy with it. I own all the consoles new and old and I must say the Wii U truly is unique and brings a new experience to gaming. I love the miiverse social aspect of it all and I think it surpasses xbox live and playstation offerings. I was playing through New super mario bros U and could see other people's mii's faces on a particular level and every so often could post or draw anything I wanted and when I go to the wii u menu it shows up your post along with others in a sea of mii's. Each can be clicked on and viewed and it's so awesome seeing how creative people are with their artwork. I transferred all my Wii stuff over to the wii u without a hitch and the update took probably an hour so no big deal their. The hardware is very well built and of the highest quality which is to be expected of nintendo. I love the fact they have now included a white led showing when a game disc is inserted and a blue power led is a nice touch matching my wii mote led color. Very sleek system and at a very nice price and I think we will see a long prosperous life for this latest console from nintendo.

#8801 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Got my deluxe set today and I'm very happy with it. I own all the consoles new and old and I must say the Wii U truly is unique and brings a new experience to gaming. I love the miiverse social aspect of it all and I think it surpasses xbox live and playstation offerings. I was playing through New super mario bros U and could see other people's mii's faces on a particular level and every so often could post or draw anything I wanted and when I go to the wii u menu it shows up your post along with others in a sea of mii's. Each can be clicked on and viewed and it's so awesome seeing how creative people are with their artwork. I transferred all my Wii stuff over to the wii u without a hitch and the update took probably an hour so no big deal their. The hardware is very well built and of the highest quality which is to be expected of nintendo. I love the fact they have now included a white led showing when a game disc is inserted and a blue power led is a nice touch matching my wii mote led color. Very sleek system and at a very nice price and I think we will see a long prosperous life for this latest console from nintendo.

Thank you for this positive review. I am seeing so much negative stuff out there it's tiresome. Can't wait to get mine!

#8802 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

going to be alot of happy kids this Christmas...::clap:: for Nintendo

#8803 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

My Wii -> Wii U transfer was painful.

Updated the Wii U (took ~ 2 hrs) (watched Sons of Anarchy while I waited), downloaded the software (15 min), setup the SD card (5 min), turned on the Wii (1 min), updated the Wii (10 minutes), downloaded the software (another 5-10 minutes), started up the transfer and my SD card won't read. (I think it was too big) FINE. Go back to the Wii U, but it won't just let me restart. I have to click exit. Reopen program. Do you want to continue? No. Delete delete delete. Close program, open program start with a DIFFERENT SD card.

FINALLY getting it to go through now but I've been here setting this thing up for 4!!!!! hours now. Just to get it up and running. If this was my parents or my kid... they would have LOST it by now.

#8804 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Updated the Wii U (took ~ 2 hrs) (watched Sons of Anarchy while I waited), downloaded the software (15 min), setup the SD card (5 min), turned on the Wii (1 min), updated the Wii (10 minutes), downloaded the software (another 5-10 minutes), started up the transfer and my SD card won't read. (I think it was too big) FINE. Go back to the Wii U, but it won't just let me restart. I have to click exit. Reopen program. Do you want to continue? No. Delete delete delete. Close program, open program start with a DIFFERENT SD card.

FINALLY getting it to go through now but I've been here setting this thing up for 4!!!!! hours now. Just to get it up and running. If this was my parents or my kid... they would have LOST it by now.

Owch that is long, don't pull the plug though! lol

#8805 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I dunno, I think Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water. I'm going to see how well it's received tomorrow when we have a big group of people over.

Lubricate generously with wine.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8806 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I preordered a pro controller from amazon like two months ago and I just got an email today that my estimated shipping time is now December 20th!

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#8807 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Weird.....my update took like 45 minutes and my wii to Wii u transfer only took like a total or 9 minutes...I know cuz I recorded the funny pikmin, lol
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: MGS: Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#8808 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Gamestop has the 8GB and 16GB Wii U's back in stock for online ordering right now ($13 shipping).

#8809 supercag34

supercag34

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Black is already out of stock...

Ugh.

#8810 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Black is already out of stock...

Ugh.

:-/ sorry. It might be worth keeping an eye on. Or just ordering a white one and swapping out the HD. That seems to be the way to go anyway - even 32GB is nothing. I kind of can't believe they didn't put bigger HDs in this thing - esp the Deluxe.

#8811 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Bought my Wii at launch and just now getting it opened and setup as we speak. It is downloading the update which I really hate I started it as I am sleepy and it is taking a while. I did not get any games for it yet as I will do that tomorrow or Friday as I do not know what games I really want for it. I am trying to figure out what hard drive I want for it and I did go get the Pro Controller today. With a discount and a $15 RW coupon from Kmart it came up to be 31 bucks so I just went on ahead and scooped it up. Funny as I got to Kmart a lil before 7 p.m. and people were already camping out and laying around waiting on the store to open up in the morning. The parking lot was ridiculous. I think Kmart opens up at 6 on Thxgiving and the sell was like a 32" tv for 97 bucks. Can't go wrong with that. No Wii's when I went in and only one Pro Controller. My coupon had to be redeemed by the 21st so I just used it on that.

#8812 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Woohoo! Nice surprise today in that my WiiU games from Amazon & Newegg both arrived today, even though shipping estimates kept saying Friday delivery. Now I gotta get off my duff and hook it all up.

Got a question about the Wii-to-WiiU transfer. Found a couple of old blister pack Wii points and wondering if I need to use them up before initiating the transfer. Or can you access the old Wii shop channel from the WiiU.

By the way, still have a preorder card for a deluxe unit leftover. May not matter anymore, but if you're near La Habra and are having trouble getting one, contact me. Not looking for a ransom, just the princely sum of 10

#8813 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

You can still access the Wii Shop from the Wii U but in the Wii part.

#8814 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

I love the little Netflix feature they include

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#8815 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

You can still access the Wii Shop from the Wii U but in the Wii part.

Thanks. Then I'll make the purchases after the transfer

#8816 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

So is the Wii U a good introductory system for someone that has been reluctant to try out Video Games in the past? With NintendoLand of course.

Im planning on getting the Nunchucks and all.

#8817 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

So is the Wii U a good introductory system for someone that has been reluctant to try out Video Games in the past? With NintendoLand of course.

Im planning on getting the Nunchucks and all.

Did they like the Wii/other Nintendo games?
Posted Image

#8818 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Got the wii u from walmart today, paid for 2 day shipping back when it was first announced. packaging was flimsy, and they just left it at the door with no signature. Other than that no problems.

#8819 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Amazon Instant Video and YouTube apps are now live. As disappointing as not having these video apps on day 1 was, I'm impressed at how quickly they've popped up since. Can't wait for Nintendo TVii in December!!

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#8820 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Did they like the Wii/other Nintendo games?

Skipped the Wii, so this a first. Don't know how complex the Nintendo Land games might be.

So Im thinking this touch screen and nunchucks should be much easier for them, no?

Like the New Super Mario Bros game and the Gamepad "Block" feauture in multiplayer.