The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8821 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Well, randomly found one at Wal-Mart today by surprise. It was the more expensive one with a game and bugger HD but I went ahead and threw it in lay away for the hell of it. Wasn't planning to get one just yet but since it was there and I intended to get one within the next few months I decided to put it on hold just to make sure I could get it. Personally I don't think I'll need that much memory since my primary system will remain the Xbox (and the fact that I don't play games anything like I used to) so I'll keep my eyes open for the cheaper one with the smaller HD for the next few weeks and if nothing else I'll just pay off this one and sell the game with it to recoup a bit.

#8822 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Funny. My walmart has a pile of white ones and not a black one anywhere. Such is life.

Edited by ScubaCat, 22 November 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#8823 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

went to walmart had like 2 or 3 deluxes and 4 or 5 basic hmmm

#8824 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

I have mine on layaway at Walmart, it's hard to wait! It's in there with a bunch of gifts for the kids for Christmas, got like 200 left to pay off from almost 700. None in stock at the one I go to, not even basic models. Craigslist is lit up with them though.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#8825 royalbliss1

royalbliss1

Black Rock City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Went to Kmart this morning. Couldn't believe there were 22 Deluxe and 0 Basic. The lady at the register said a guy came in a half hour before me and bought the last Basic model. She did say they only got 2 Basic in.

Posted Image

#8826 Gandor

Gandor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Stopped by 3 BB yesterday and all had the basic model in stock. Finally found a deluxe model at the last BB (figures).

#8827 phillyphill39

phillyphill39

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

I picked up one tonight at my local toysrus us they had a quite a few basic and deluxe sets. I settled for a basic set.

Posted Image

#8828 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

any black friday sales on the console, lol. i kid i kid. i want one but i cannot be an early adopter. i know they are going to releases another system in 6-12 months with decent storage capacity

#8829 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

$79 Seagate 2 TB External Hard Drive
This is the cheapest I have see an HDD yet for Wii U external storage.
They won't stay in stock for long going by past experience.

amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-2B

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#8830 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-2TB

If you click on used you can save another $6 or so through Warehouse deals.

#8831 iGen

iGen

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

WTF:

http://www.ebay.com/...U-/300820890396

*USED* Wii Basic Edition + Nintendo Land + NSMBU for $470 shipped

Buy a brand new Deluxe (which are selling for MSRP at retailers and barely over MSRP on eBay) and NSMBU, and pay under $470. Whoever bought that auction had more money than sense.

#8832 Quezz

Quezz

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

If you live in the Alexandria, VA area, the Best Buy in Potomac Yards had 10+ of the Deluxe and Basic Wii U around 6:00 AM this morning.

#8833 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-2B

Target had a 320gb drive similar to that for $35 last night. I think its still on sale. I should have bought it because i dont think ill ever need anymore than that. My ps3 is my primary console, has been for many years and ive only accumulated 350 gigs worth of content - most of which i could delete and never miss.

#8834 vocoder

vocoder

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

If you live in Thornton,CO there is one in Target on 120th and Washington.

I missed preordering period and I walked in Target this am to try my luck and bammmm I got one lol. Lucky sob.

#8835 adamical

adamical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

So, I have found that Nintendo Land blows Wii Sports out of the water, in terms of gaming for all. I could barely get my parents to play Wii Sports Tennis for 15 minutes, but 5-player Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and the Animal Crossing game got them to play for well over an hour while really enjoying themselves.

#8836 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Managed to get myself a Deluxe from GameStop this morning. Went in to trade in my PS3 and Wii, and asked if they were selling any Wii Us today, and the guy said yep, they were. Worked out rather nicely, as I had enough credit to pick up the Deluxe, Mario, and Scribblenauts Unlimited. I've spent probably close to 3 hours playing Little Inferno so far, which is a blast.
Posted Image

#8837 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

What did they give you for the Ps3?
Before the wii u came out there was talk of all these bonus trade ins, now no one mentions anything.
Posted Image

#8838 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Picked up my Wii U from layaway, maybe some of y'all can add me so I have some people on my friends list! My ID is therealdanhill.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#8839 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

What did they give you for the Ps3?
Before the wii u came out there was talk of all these bonus trade ins, now no one mentions anything.

If you're talking to me, I got $170 ($85 TIV, doubled due to the BF deal).
Posted Image

#8840 Weagle

Weagle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Was at the ToysRUs in Pineville, NC (near Charlotte) this afternoon. They had 12 Deluxe and several basics in a cage near the electronics checkout. No one appeared to be interested in them, sales associate was explaining the differences to the one person looking at them.

Keep telling myself I don't need one of these considering the backlog of games I already have. My wife made sure I didn't get one today. I also hope that there will be a different bundle next year, etc. etc.

#8841 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Was at the ToysRUs in Pineville, NC (near Charlotte) this afternoon. They had 12 Deluxe and several basics in a cage near the electronics checkout. No one appeared to be interested in them, sales associate was explaining the differences to the one person looking at them.

Keep telling myself I don't need one of these considering the backlog of games I already have. My wife made sure I didn't get one today. I also hope that there will be a different bundle next year, etc. etc.

Nintendo has some terrible marketing for the wii u

#8842 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I saw multiple deluxe editions at target, Walmart, and two best buys

#8843 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I think Nintendo did the launch just about right. I see them enough places, but they usually don't last for long. They have gotten re-stocked once or twice already also, but those have not lasted long. I usually see shelves with only one or two units left... sometimes sold out. Enough stock for people to buy, but if they are indecisive the units are usually gone on a second return. This is terrible for the resellers, though, I think.

#8844 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Saw a couple Basic bundles at Best Buy.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#8845 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Ugh my Deluxe came today from Walmart and the box is all beat up. :-# FedEx delivered.

#8846 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Me and the wifey went shopping last night and I stopped by BB around 2 a.m., was packed as hell. Anyways they had tons of both systems in stock. No one was scooping them up, but a lot of people had Xbox's though. I bought mine back on Monday, the deluxe but I did manage to get 2 games after a lot of debating. Picked up NSMBU and Fifa at TRU this morning with the BOGO 40% off. I was going to get ZombiU but I figure I would get bored with that real quick. Was looking at Madden but I have that for the Xbox along side Ops. I wanted to get a game I do not have on the other systems so I just went with them 2. If anyone has Madden could you please give me some insight on how it plays online.

#8847 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I checked 3 stores today and none of them had any Wii Us... thank god, I would've been tempted myself.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#8848 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Anyone else go out for the NSMBU promotion at Old Navy?
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#8849 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Anyone else go out for the NSMBU promotion at Old Navy?

I did!

#8850 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I will get one later on down the line and if I do get one it will be no more than that. I feel you my 360 is my primary system as I have had that for yrs now and I buy everything for that. My PS3 I never play as most of my friends do not have one and the online part of it real sucks bad. I have the 60 gb and I only have 6 gigs left. I made a promise I would not buy no more games for it outside The Show and since it does not come out until March, I will just wait to update me hard drive anyways. Anyways I will get a HDD for the Wii eventually since the Wii has to format it, I will get a small size. If I am not playing my Wii like that I will just format it back and just use it as a storage drive simple as that.