Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8851 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

At my Target, they have 1 white Wii U in the display case. Don't feel like asking if they have more. Black Friday is almost over, why do they have any left?

#8852 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

i think the saw someone on ebay selling a deluxe and it ended up being cheaper there than in store or pretty close. Maby when europe launches their wiis it will have more demand , but isnt everything region locked?

#8853 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Wasn't planning on getting on until Pikmin 3 came out, but I randomly checked the nearby Gamestop this afternoon while out shopping. They had signs saying they were in stock, so I got one. Seems like stock is a lot more reasonable this time around, so glad it's not like the Wii launch...
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#8854 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Picked up the 8gb today with ZombiU! I'm so excited!

#8855 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Its weird. I live in South Jersey and we went to like 3 game stops today, 3 wal-marts, 3 targets and 2 best buys and one toys r us and none of them had any deluxe or basics.

#8856 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Its weird. I live in South Jersey and we went to like 3 game stops today, 3 wal-marts, 3 targets and 2 best buys and one toys r us and none of them had any deluxe or basics.

It's still selling out, it's just getting frequently re-supplied. You're area probably didn't get a shipment today or yesterday. Keep looking and youll find one.

#8857 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Oh no. I have one, i got it pre-ordered and love it lol. Just funny how I havent seen any at all since the first launch.

#8858 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

I've probably turned on my wii-u 8 times since launch but have already experienced 3 hard freezes. Its happening within a few minutes of turning on the system and navigating to different spots. The only way to recover is to pull the power plug. Anyone else seeing this much freezing?

#8859 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Sorry, no freezing at all for me yet.

Just wanted to say that I was a bit of a skeptic when I picked up the console and really thought this console would collect dust fast for me. I haven't been able to put Mario down, and I was wow'd by how smooth the video chat was with someone on the opposite side of the country as me. My biggest disappointment was the fact that Amazon Instant Video and Hulu weren't live when the console launched, and being a Vita owner, I braced myself for several months of "it's coming we promise". Well color me impressed that those features are already live o.O , great job Nintendo!

#8860 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

There is a patch coming next week to fix freezing issues.

#8861 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Quick question: does the Wii U have Netflix and Hulu available?

#8862 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Yes

#8863 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

There is a patch coming next week to fix freezing issues.

Cool. Got a link to this announcement?

#8864 MisterS42

MisterS42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Quick question: does the Wii U have Netflix and Hulu available?

I assumed Deader was answering you, but to be more clear:

Yes Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Instant are available now.

Loving my Wii U so far.

#8865 marioman

marioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Very happy with my Wii U right now, once Mario is done though I am a little concerned with the software holding up. Thankfully Pikmin, Lego, Monster Hunter, and others are on their way.

#8866 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Very happy with my Wii U right now, once Mario is done though I am a little concerned with the software holding up. Thankfully Pikmin, Lego, Monster Hunter, and others are on their way.

I borrowed a dust-gathering Wii from a friend years ago, and I wasn't a fan. I impulse-bought the WiiU Deluxe from a Target on launch day and I have to say that I have high hopes for the system.

I have been playing Nintendo Land and SMBU and I'm just having genuine fun. Granted, I haven't really played a Super Mario Bros title for a long time (I didn't own an N64 and I barely dabbled in the DS offerings). Still, I'm enjoying the console.

Having the streaming video apps is nice. I usually use my 360 for Netflix streaming during dinners at home, but now I can do it from the WiiU too (the gamepad makes the Netflix app the best on WiiU in my opinion).

Wasn't a fan of the huge 5gb Software Update (followed by an update for each game). Past that, I hope that developers make good things for the console.

#8867 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

The update was nowhere near 5 GB; that's just a misunderstanding because of how much space the OS takes up.

I've probably turned on my wii-u 8 times since launch but have already experienced 3 hard freezes. Its happening within a few minutes of turning on the system and navigating to different spots. The only way to recover is to pull the power plug. Anyone else seeing this much freezing?

I have experienced a couple of freezes (only in Miiverse so far), but that's it. But as somebody mentioned, they have an update coming out next week. It'd be nice if they would also give us a way to shut off the GamePad without shutting off the console, but I doubt that will be addressed right now (if ever).

#8868 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

i've gotten hard freezes a few times trying to post on Miiverse through Super Mario Brothers when it prompts me if I want to post on Miiverse....

#8869 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have experienced a couple of freezes (only in Miiverse so far), but that's it. But as somebody mentioned, they have an update coming out next week. It'd be nice if they would also give us a way to shut off the GamePad without shutting off the console, but I doubt that will be addressed right now (if ever).

Where is the nintendo announcement of an update that fixes this?

#8870 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yes. Not ten minutes ago it froze while I was playing Mario Golf on the VC. I should've waited before sending all my VC/Wiiware stuff to my Wii U.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#8871 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

ZombieToast, I'm pretty sure you can just go into controller settings and turn off the gamepad display by itself. I managed to do this no problem :) I believe it stays off until you turn it back on as well.

#8872 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

If you don't want to pay tax and save some cash, there are some people selling Wii U deluxe sets for $350 on ebay. Since some of you have posted that the box is NOT sealed, then I don't know if those consoles are opened or used or something :/ just writing to let you know though (:

#8873 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Where is the nintendo announcement of an update that fixes this?

I don't know if an official announcement has been made, but if you just do a quick Google search for "Wii U freeze update" anything along those lines, you can see that most of the major sites have reported on it.

ZombieToast, I'm pretty sure you can just go into controller settings and turn off the gamepad display by itself. I managed to do this no problem :) I believe it stays off until you turn it back on as well.

Oh yeah, I know about that; I just think it would be nice if I had the option to turn it off completely, especially since all it takes is the push of any button to turn the display back on. It's certainly not a major issue, but I personally think the option would be more convenient and I'm sure there must be others would agree.

#8874 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=500440

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#8875 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Ok so I think I found the source of the patch rumor. This is not official from Nintendo at all. Even the person that reported this patch is skeptical of the information he received from the customer service rep.

http://www.nowgamer...._next_week.html

If the freezes started happening after the day1 update then yes i do believe this can be fixed soon but if this was not the cause then we may be waiting around a while. I'll probably call in to CS myself tomorrow and see if they say the same thing.

#8876 screamandshout

screamandshout

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Is anyone here still on a Gamestop waiting list? (Or does anyone know how much Gamestop gets a day?)

I just called them and the girl told me they get the systems everyday and to come and put my name on their waiting list and she will call me once it's in.

I forgot to ask how long the list is and how many they get everyday. >_<

#8877 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Toys R Us has WiiU bundles in stock.

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=15685436
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#8878 Gembala

Gembala

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I was in Reno, nevada and both Best Buy and Gamestop have them in stock. Especially Bestbuy has bunch laying on the floor both version

#8879 EricXC

EricXC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Apperently for the freezes, it has to do with the fact that your system is online and spotpass.

I've only had 1 freeze so far (and I've been playing alot).

#8880 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I mentioned this in another thread but did anybody preorder the Wii U Pro controller from Newegg and receive it? I placed a preorder for one when newegg was running the $12 off preorders promotion awhile ago and then when I checked my preorder they say that the controller will be available 12/31/12? Kind of strange since the controller is already available everywhere else.
Posted Image