The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#8911 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

So it sounds like when the the Wii U I pre-ordered at toysrus.com shows up next week, back to the store it goes since I grabbed one in store from Best Buy on launch day and trying to make a few extra bucks reselling them is a waste of time right now. Actually, glad people are finding these at retail.

Anyone returned anything in store from toysrus.com before? Is it no hassle?

Much to this threads delight, you are going to have issues. You cannot return an online TrU order in store and get your money back the same way you paid, you can only get store credit.

So you'll have to ship it back at your own expense (assuming nothing is wrong with it). I would laugh at you except I'm in the same boat. So I'll laugh at the both of us instead. HA HA!

#8912 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Where are the good damn deals on Wii U games ffs!?

You should come join us at the WiiU Buy/Sell/Trade forum here on CAG. You may find something you want!

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#8913 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

9,000 and loving the U!

#8914 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Thanks for the resume, but this isn't up for debate. You are still talking about graphics when you could buy a computer at any time if that is what pushes gaming forward for you.

I'm as excited for the other 2 consoles as anyone here, i'm just pointing out that you're dead wrong, and obviously have no clue what "console gen" means if you're this confused about it. I have no doubt that the PS4 and Xbox 3 will be more powerful. I honestly have no idea why that was brought up.

Curious though, do you feel the same way about the Dreamcast? Or you know, every other first of its gen console that didn't end up being the most powerful? You're welcome to think its underpowered, but there is no need to be willfully ignorant.

Ouch.

#8915 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Time to ban some people I would say.often times we have some users bringing up this useless discussion about saying that Wii u is not next gen

#8916 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Time to ban some people I would say.often times we have some users bringing up this useless discussion about saying that Wii u is not next gen

I wouldn't even call it a debate. One person is erroneously spouting b.s. while the other is not. A generation has never been framed by the power of its devices. It's simply a marker of time.

If Nintendo wanted to make a supercomputer with onboard A.I. capable of buttering toast, they could easily build it. That is obviously not their angle. Every generation preceding the wii, Nintendo has matched (and in some cases, outmatched) the competitors' offerings on the tech front. It's rarely a winning formula. @slowdance is right...the only people who care enough to b*tch about graphic thresholds should have enough sense not to play on consoles.

#8917 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

So shouldn't this thread be locked or something? Preorders are done, stores are getting new shipments in, the console is in the wild...not really seeing a need for this anymore.

uc.png

#8918 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

this thread should be locked... i'm posting this message from my wii u, it's not hard to find. i used the $20 Groupon offer on it, it works fine.

#8919 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Cheapy's too busy getting blasted with Scott!!

#8920 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

So shouldn't this thread be locked or something? Preorders are done, stores are getting new shipments in, the console is in the wild...not really seeing a need for this anymore.

I have to bite my tongue to not respond to anything here, I wish it would be moved.

#8921 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'm pretty sure each console is tiedforto a serial and that they're pretty strict about it. I could be wrong, though. Plus...every walmart is different, so you might get a lax one.

Yeah i think im going to justctry my lucky.So pissedat myself f or not thinking thatthrough...i just wanted to jump in and play Nano Assault and Zombi U...whatif i just switch the insides?

#8922 io

io

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Yeah, I meant to shut this down a few days after the console launched but just got busy with my own shopping ;).

I am closing it now. Discuss the Wii U in this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309784

FWIW, I went to Fred Meyer today and saw both versions sitting in the case. So far this is not like the Wii launch - not sure if it is more supply or less demand or a combination of the 2, but it is what it is...