The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#871 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

1. There are too many current gen games backlogged and coming out, to play.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.

I took the "deal" to be the trade ins being offered at Gamestop for the system. Even if you don't want the system, can still do the trade in and cancel later.

#872 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

I am a bit concerned that Best Buy is still accepting online pre-orders for the deluxe model. I put an order in early yesterday, but I have a strange foreboding that they could cut me down come 11/18 and not ship it. Can anyone assuage these fears or am I kept wondering until that fateful day? Might be time to invest in a tent... :cold:

I have those same fears, so I got a backup at GS while I could. I did my preorder at Best Buy in-store however.

#873 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

I'm not preordering for a couple of reasons.

1. There are too many current gen games backlogged and coming out, to play.

2. The WU's launch lineup is meh. Re-up for $300-$350 NOW for only a handful of decent games I'd want? Pass.

3. Just like with new games, I don't preorder without a deal. This is not a deal. No money off, no free game, no nothing. This is not CAGish. I waited on the 3DS and was at least able to get it at a lower pricce AND the free Ambassador games.

Mark my words, there will be deals to be had on this. The preorder mopes will "first" and the people that wait a tad will save money, CAG stylee.

Let's see.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy

I have a MasterCard Reward Zone Credit Card and get double reward zone points. Gamers Club also does double points so it does stack according to my account. In addition, I get a 25% Premier Silver bonus points as well.

Therefore, I'll be getting about 1200ish points after paying it full on the credit card so that'll net me almost $25 in RZ certs.

Seems like a deal to me but your deal may vary depending on what you do to the console. Most seems to put it on eBay/Craigslist once they buy it and mark up the price.

#874 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

K-mart although allowing me to put it in the cart gives me an error upon checkout that although I am trying to purchase 1.0 quantity there are 0.0 quantities avaliable..similar at sears...so maybe sold out there as well?

#875 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

did the best buy page for the wii u disappear???

deluxe version is also sold out at gamestop online.

#876 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I really doubt that.

I know. I'm just easing his hate.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#877 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Let's see.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy

I have a MasterCard Reward Zone Credit Card and get double reward zone points. Gamers Club also does double points so it does stack according to my account. In addition, I get a 25% Premier Silver bonus points as well.

Therefore, I'll be getting about 1200ish points after paying it full on the credit card so that'll net me almost $25 in RZ certs.

Seems like a deal to me but your deal may vary depending on what you do to the console. Most seems to put it on eBay/Craigslist once they buy it and mark up the price.

Hate to burst your bubble but Gamers Club will NOT give you double points. Systems are not eligible.

#878 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ended up pre-ordering a deluxe at best-buy shortly after it went live. I kinda skipped out on the Wii last generation, but for some reason this one has my interest (and perhaps I will play some of the first party Wii titles on it, finally).

Other than for Dragon's Dogma or watching a Blu-Ray, I haven't turned my 360 or PS3 on in over a year and a half, and I have similar lack of interest about MS or Sony's next offerings as I have a high end gaming PC. This thing will at least offer some games/experiences I won't be able to "do better" on my PC.

I -almost- pre-ordered the basic instead of deluxe, but the deluxe seems like a much better deal. Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.

#879 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nope.

Actually, I prefer Black.

#880 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Nintendo has said that you'll need to have both the Wii and the Wii U connected to the Internet at the same time to transfer your digital content, so don't get rid of that old system just yet.

It's just my opinion, but when Nintendo clarifies it's postition,
I think there's gonna be some hidden misunderstanding and
people will not be able to transfer their Wiiware games to the Wii U.

If I cannot be 100% guaranteed that all Wii U content I buy is tied to
my permanent Gamer ID, I will not buy another Nintendo product.

Has anybody seen anything that suggests there is a Gamertag ID used to purchase online content?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#881 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Man Walmart sucks. $400 for basic, game, wiimote. Deluxe is $50 more. That means they're charging you $50 for a wiimote. No way is that worth $50

#882 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ended up pre-ordering a deluxe at best-buy shortly after it went live. I kinda skipped out on the Wii last generation, but for some reason this one has my interest (and perhaps I will play some of the first party Wii titles on it, finally).

Other than for Dragon's Dogma or watching a Blu-Ray, I haven't turned my 360 or PS3 on in over a year and a half, and I have similar lack of interest about MS or Sony's next offerings as I have a high end gaming PC. This thing will at least offer some games/experiences I won't be able to "do better" on my PC.

I -almost- pre-ordered the basic instead of deluxe, but the deluxe seems like a much better deal. Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.

I really wish I could have gotten a white deluxe, I have so much black plastic already.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#883 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I've got a basic at Gamestop and a deluxe at TRU. Not sure which one I want yet. I'll make that decision if and when they're both available for pickup.

#884 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

so wtf, where can i preorder, everywhere is sold out?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#885 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

It's just my opinion, but when Nintendo clarifies it's postition,
I think there's gonna be some hidden misunderstanding and
people will not be able to transfer their Wiiware games to the Wii U.

If I cannot be 100% guaranteed that all Wii U content I buy is tied to
my permanent Gamer ID, I will not buy another Nintendo product.

Has anybody seen anything that suggests there is a Gamertag ID used to purchase online content?

Nintendo has been fairly forthcoming in interviews lately in saying that you will be able to transfer your Wiiware games. I believe the games you've bought are tied solely to your console's serial number. The word is that the Wii U won't be using gamertags either, but rather a simplified (unified?) friend code system. AFAIK there's been no word yet that your future purchases will be tied to your friend code or once again linked with the Wii U's serial number.

#886 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but Gamers Club will NOT give you double points. Systems are not eligible.

Well at least I got the MasterCard. Only a $5 loss.

#887 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nintendo has been fairly forthcoming in interviews lately in saying that you will be able to transfer your Wiiware games. I believe the games you've bought are tied solely to your console's serial number. The word is that the Wii U won't be using gamertags either, but rather a simplified (unified?) friend code system. AFAIK there's been no word yet that your future purchases will be tied to your friend code or once again linked with the Wii U's serial number.

I haven't seen any press release where they clearly state how it would indeed work. Only that they are working on some sort of way to eventually transfer games one day. Seriously, this thing is releasing in just weeks, what in the world are they doing?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#888 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

so wtf, where can i preorder, everywhere is sold out?

Target is still accepting orders: http://www.target.co...-u/-/A-14174037

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#889 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

I haven't seen any press release where they clearly state how it would indeed work. Only that they are working on some sort of way to eventually transfer games one day. Seriously, this thing is releasing in just weeks, what in the world are they doing?

Weeks? More like days! Seriously though, like two months.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#890 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

According to a Nintendo rep, "Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer."

http://gimmegimmegam...etween-systems/

#891 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

No news on Walmart yet, eh? Any idea if Kmart lets you cancel preorders? I can't seem to find anything confirming

#892 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Go read the QA on 1up.com. It'll be another round of:
1. Download another app on the Wii, and Wii-u.
2. Make sure the app is running on both consoles
3. Wait for the app to wirelessly transfer your purchases.
4. All the content on the original Wii will then transfer to the Wii-u, and
be deleted permanently.

So, in other words, more of the same manure they've been feeding us until now. Those of you hoping that you'll trade in your consoles, and keep your old content better wake up (if you want any of that content).

#893 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

I tried, sold out at Target. Got one at Kmart

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#894 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

If I preorder from KMart using Paypal with a linked bank account, will my account get charged?

Posted Image

#895 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I tried, sold out at Target. Got one at Kmart

If Amazon or someplace else start selling them I HIGHLY suggest you cancel your order at Kmart (or Sears, same place) and buy elsewhere. There is a high chance they will end up canceling your order if there is any kind of shortage.

#896 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

If Amazon or someplace else start selling them I HIGHLY suggest you cancel your order at Kmart (or Sears, same place) and buy elsewhere. There is a high chance they will end up canceling your order if there is any kind of shortage.

Kmart apparently doesn't let you cancel orders, you have to return them in store and eat the shipping.

#897 litoeon

litoeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Kmart apparently doesn't let you cancel orders, you have to return them in store and eat the shipping.

Kmart has free shipping for me.

#898 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Kmart is now sold out.

th_w03j81.gif  

#899 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Just a question about the controller- are the analog sticks clickable? I'm aski because those clickable sticks are a must for cod.

#900 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Just a question about the controller- are the analog sticks clickable? I'm aski because those clickable sticks are a must for cod.

Yes they are clickable, confirmed at last E3