The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#931 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Anyone else wishing the deluxe came in white as well? Gloss black controller and fingerprints is going to make my OCD kick in. I have went out of my way to avoid gloss black handheld electronics for years due to this (importing a ceramic white v1 PSP, my DSlite was white, my iphone is white).

My other concern with anything packing a LCD screen on it is dead pixels. Even one will drive me crazy, so here's hoping the quality control is strict on such things.

While I don't wish the deluxe came in white I do wish it wasnt gloss black drives me crazy!.

Gamestop has the Nerf Kit for the Gamepad for pre order. I may pick one of these up to help with the finger print problem plus I won't be so nervous about my nieces and nephews playing with the Gamepad

http://www.gamestop....rter-kit/103908

My justification-
The wii u controller- $80- Whenever Nintendo does decide to release it standalone i highly doubt it's going to be $60 like 360 and ps3 controllers are now ($50 MSRP for wiimote). It has a touch screen and camera built into it. Although it may be cheap to make I doubt Nintendo will sell it for anything less than $80. They will probably actually sell it for $99.
So that's $80 of the value right there.

The Gamepads when available to buy seperately are going to be quite expensive. In Japan they will be about $170 bucks and I dont' see them as being less than $100 any time in the near future

http://www.gamesrada...oppingly-hefty/

---

You guys are killing me here. I figured the WiiU wouldn't be one of those items I'd have to preorder but now I'm not so sure. I wonder though if a majority of the preorders are speculators because of the last wii craze.

I'm sure quite a bit of them are especially seeing how easy it is to preorder, no real time to be involved. Though I still think they will be hard to find even if all the horders don't pick up there consoles

Is TRU known to cancel orders? I just pre ordered the deluxe edition, but I am apprehensive about my order actually being fulfilled.

They shouldn't cancel it but I would be prepared for the back ordered email they will send out to tons of people. You will then have the option to let it sit on back order or cancel the order all together.

Just as a side note you can't return any item you buy online through TRU to a store and receive your money back, they will only give you store credit. You have to ship it back to them at your cost to get cash back

I almost kind of like the camping out to buy a system at launch thing. I did it for the Wii and the PS2. I'm kind of a nut about system launches also, I just love them for some reason. I hope ZombiU is really good.

If you have a good group of people camping out for a console launch it can be a lot of fun. I remember camping out at Circuit City for the Xbox 360 it was so fun. There were 15 of us in line, we knew how many they had so no one stayed long after finding out they were all claimed. No Midnight launch however some friends of people in line went to A Best Buy that had a midnight launch and brought the xbox 360 over. So from 1 am till 8am we were sitting out in the cold with camp chairs, coffee/Hot chocolate Playing the new Xbox, It was a blast!

#932 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

and you used paypal correct? nothing showing on there either?

I dont have a balance in my paypal but it shows there as processing

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#933 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

So the wiiu bundle at wal-mart has this in bold letters
Wii U console will ship on 11/18/2012

Then on the side it states this in smaller font:
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 12/31/2012

which one to trust?

any thoughts?

#934 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

how did you find what number in line you are? did you just ask or did it show it on your receipt???

Guy just told me I was the 8th person to preorder a deluxe system that day. I just assume I'm 8th in line.

#935 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well, Kmart is sold out of pre-orders. Guess that makes most retailers out?

#936 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

So the wiiu bundle at wal-mart has this in bold letters
Wii U console will ship on 11/18/2012

Then on the side it states this in smaller font:
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 12/31/2012

which one to trust?

any thoughts?

It's probably just the old placeholder date all the sites were using back when we all only knew it was coming out Holiday 2012

#937 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

In before the disappointment.

My dusty Wii says hi. I think I might have played 4 titles on it since launch.

Vita disappointment didn't set in until a couple months after launch when realization nothing was coming.

I got my 3DS with ambassador games upon price drop announcement. I will wait this one out since it is Mario and ??? for months (since that is all that is first party announced worthwhile).

#938 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

In before the disappointment.

My dusty Wii says hi. I think I might have played 4 titles on it since launch.

Vita disappointment didn't set in until a couple months after launch when realization nothing was coming.

I got my 3DS with ambassador games upon price drop announcement. I will wait this one out since it is Mario and ??? for months (since that is all that is first party announced worthwhile).

Pikmin 3, as far as first party.

#939 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I might just use this to play reg Wii games. Still don't have Smash bros or Skyward sword.

#940 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm wondering why nobody is mentioning Play-Asia. Do they not ship release day or something?

#941 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

You can pre-order at TRU with $20 down

in store only

I wanted to get one online, and my TRU is crap so I don't trust them for pre-ordering or day 1 purchases(been burned a few times by this particular store).

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#942 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Does anyone know if older titles will experiece any upscale in graphics due to the hd compatability?

#943 Celsius

Celsius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Dammit! It's sold out at Target already? What's the likelyhood they'll have more for sale prior to launch?
Game & Print Club
http://www.gameandprintclub.com
https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint

"What! Sarah, look not upon me with doubting eyes."- Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

#944 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

#1 on the pre order list at the gamestop I getting it at. I can't wait.

#945 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Look, you're totally allowed to do whatever you want, and I understand the idea and strategy behind what you're doing. But it's not fair to people like me that want one day one and were holding out hope for Amazon on the first couple of days. Now I'm possibly screwed out of getting one right away b/c of people like you that have to buy multiple to try and make a profit off of people who weren't quick enough to hit the pre-order button. Not cool.

You snooze, you lose. That's how the games always been played. You all should know that by now. :booty:

#946 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Dammit! It's sold out at Target already? What's the likelyhood they'll have more for sale prior to launch?

I think they will, but not much

I believe they will announce more mid to late october of both styles, also dont forget bestbuy have only sold out online pre-orders only. I talked to a best buy rep today at my store (Austin, TX) and they will begin pre-orders soon for instore only (They could be wrong though.).

#947 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Does anyone know if older titles will experiece any upscale in graphics due to the hd compatability?

It won't.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#948 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

PLEASE answer, does toys r us charge immediatley?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#949 royalbliss1

royalbliss1

Black Rock City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think they will, but not much

I believe they will announce more mid to late october of both styles, also dont forget bestbuy have only sold out online pre-orders only. I talked to a best buy rep today at my store (Austin, TX) and they will begin pre-orders soon for instore only (They could be wrong though.).

I picked up my preorder from in a bestbuy store yesterday. I had to use the kiosk to find the preorder, print out a ticket, then head to customer service to get checked out.

Posted Image

#950 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

You snooze, you lose. That's how the games always been played. You all should know that by now. :booty:

Really? I stated I was waiting for Amazon. I know they'll give me quicker shipping and they're the only retailer that hasn't botched any kind of pre-order I've ever placed with them, and that number is probably in the 100's. BBY, WM, TARGET, GS(most especially) & TRU have either had a pre-ordered game arrive 1-2 days late, messed up my info, or had my order "lost". Now that Amazon is saying they won't have it, it's sold out everywhere else, partly because of people buying multiples for flipping.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#951 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

PLEASE answer, does toys r us charge immediatley?

From toysrus.com

"Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed. This is known as an "authorization hold" and typically lasts from 3-7 days, depending upon the policy of your bank."

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#952 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

"32 GB internal memory for storage"

Man, they really went all out on that one. It can almost hold as much as my micro SD card...

#953 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

I hate these friggin authorization charges. Itll put my account negative, like wtf

Posted Image

#954 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

I picked up my preorder from in a bestbuy store yesterday. I had to use the kiosk to find the preorder, print out a ticket, then head to customer service to get checked out.

I couldn't pre-order a Wii U Deluxe last night at GS. So, I put in a pre-order online at one BB last night then dropped by another BB this morning to pre-order instore using the kiosk. I'm hoping that I will get 1 console at launch.

#955 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

"32 GB internal memory for storage"

Man, they really went all out on that one. It can almost hold as much as my micro SD card...

The trade-off is you can use any external HDD you wish; no proprietary nonsense. The Chinese are just foaming at the mouth with piracy right now lol. Still, how many great games do you think will be stored on it after they exhaust their dynasty titles? I mean, after buying everything 3rd party on PS3/360, there's not much left.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#956 trabanus

trabanus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

just pre-ordered the 32gb deluxe console at best buy. used the kiosk and they only required the same $5 down as games. Hopefully by not doing a worldwide release day and spreading out the release dates means they will not run out like last time.

#957 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

just pre-ordered the 32gb deluxe console at best buy. used the kiosk and they only required the same $5 down as games. Hopefully by not doing a worldwide release day and spreading out the release dates means they will not run out like last time.

It will sell out because people think they're getting a fully functional tablet with their system, and they're not. I also wouldn't trust BB to manage their allocation properly, so expect some horror stories of people walking away empty handed.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#958 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

It will sell out because people think they're getting a fully functional tablet with their system, and they're not. I also wouldn't trust BB to manage their allocation properly, so expect some horror stories of people walking away empty handed.

And a tablet alone that accounts for half of the cost of the whole bundle. Doesn't bode well for the strength of the console itself.

#959 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

The Walmart bundle doesn't look like a horrid deal. Most people probably want Mario anyways and a good and maybe an extra Wii-mote. I only have one Wii-plus that I got to just play Zelda with. Remember how bad the Walmart bundles were for the original Wii? You had to spend like 600 bucks and got a bunch of plastic tennis rackets and gold clubs.

#960 Granosx

Granosx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

At my local Gamestop ( Forest hills nyc ), I was able to preorder. They only asked for $25 down deposit for the deluxe Wii U. I went the same day it was announced around 7pm.