The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1021 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Welp, looks like I'm screwed on the deluxe one. Hopefully Nintendo makes more after the first shipment since I dig the black console more than the white one.

Thats what Im hoping for too.

#1022 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

Does the wii u game pad have clickable analog sticks? How will you sprint and use the knife in cod?

Also has anyone ordered from play Asia? $50 shipping!!!

#1023 photogenic_arrogance

photogenic_arrogance

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm pretty ecstatic about the Wii U. Sure, none of the launch games are going to reinvent the wheel or anything like that, but they do look fun. That's all I really want out of any launch game.

Hopefully everyone still looking for a deluxe edition or the basic get one.

#1024 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

I hope this thread is the only WiiU in stock thread. I still remember the hundreds of "Wii in Stock at amazon" threads. Just make one damn thread and keep all the news there.

There were probably multiple threads b/c the Wii wasn't on store shelves for the first 2 years so everybody posted when they saw 1. The WiiU may quickly sell out thru the holidays but I'm guessing by March it's every place. At least the white 1, doesn't seem like anybody is pre-ordering that one. Can't say I blame them, seems like Nintendo made it not to sell.

#1025 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Does the wii u game pad have clickable analog sticks?

Yes.

#1026 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

There were probably multiple threads b/c the Wii wasn't on store shelves for the first 2 years so everybody posted when they saw 1. The WiiU may quickly sell out thru the holidays but I'm guessing by March it's every place. At least the white 1, doesn't seem like anybody is pre-ordering that one. Can't say I blame them, seems like Nintendo made it not to sell.

Wait...you're saying...OMG. The white wii u will be RARE! *pre-orders 50*

Does the wii u game pad have clickable analog sticks? How will you sprint and use the knife in cod?

The Japanese model or the American model? Or both?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1027 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

1. Yes it does 2. Yes, it's in asia. I've had good luck with playasia.

#1028 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

Now granted take this with a grain of salt, but I called gamestop earlier to see if by chance they were still taking pre-orders, they were for the basic, I have my deluxe at Best buy, but was wanting a warm and fuzzy with a back up order, however the guy said they received an e-mail from corporate that all 500,000 deluxe systems they had been allotted were pre-ordered, yes he threw out that number, but to me that seems like so little for one chain for a major launch.

I also have a suspicion that all the systems aren't available for pre-order, I mean Black Friday is 5 days later, I'm willing to be some are set aside for that to use as door busters to get people into stores.

#1029 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Now granted take this with a grain of salt, but I called gamestop earlier to see if by chance they were still taking pre-orders, they were for the basic, I have my deluxe at Best buy, but was wanting a warm and fuzzy with a back up order, however the guy said they received an e-mail from corporate that all 500,000 deluxe systems they had been allotted were pre-ordered, yes he threw out that number, but to me that seems like so little for one chain for a major launch.

I also have a suspicion that all the systems aren't available for pre-order, I mean Black Friday is 5 days later, I'm willing to be some are set aside for that to use as door busters to get people into stores.

Its been widely speculated they'll hold some for Black Friday and id be inclined to agree with you. Ill be happy i dont have to wait in line at 2 a.m. to get one.

#1030 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Its been widely speculated they'll hold some for Black Friday and id be inclined to agree with you. Ill be happy i dont have to wait in line at 2 a.m. to get one.

You know you have to also wonder how much of this demand is from resellers/scalpers because I was in a target and walmart and asked about preorders and they didn't even know it was coming out, now I know not every employee is created equal, but Nintendo hasn't really put out the buzz to the general population yet and their window is very short.

#1031 tonybonjovi

tonybonjovi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

You know you have to also wonder how much of this demand is from resellers/scalpers because I was in a target and walmart and asked about preorders and they didn't even know it was coming out, now I know not every employee is created equal, but Nintendo hasn't really put out the buzz to the general population yet and their window is very short.

LOL...Same With The Best Buy I went to...the Floor Guy in the Video Game Department had no idea how to pre-order or when it was coming out...I had to find it myself on the kiosk...when I got to the register...IN THE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT...the girl asked me what exactly it was that I was pre-ordering...EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SPELLED OUT ON THE PRINT OUT SHEET...I HAD TO EXPLAIN TO HER THAT IT WAS A NEW NINTENDO SYSTEM

#1032 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm curious how long Fry's has had these for pre-order.

Did they just make them available today?

Anyone check Frys's yesterday an know if they were available for pre-order or not?

Does anyone know if Frys has a history of overselling pre-orders? Or canceling orders?

Frys's has had it available since yesterday. I have done a pre order from them in the past and had no issue, but like any company they can cancel an order for any reason. Best Buy is known for this. I think they only charge once shipped, but I don't recall I'm sure somewhere on their site states that or a Google search should. I'm still personally holding out for NewEgg or possibly Amazon if they ever do.

Edited by AcePuppy, 16 September 2012 - 01:56 AM.
mobile spelling error

#1033 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

You know how crazy those lines will be, you'll have to camp out for days to even have a shot. It amazes me that people will do that to get something like a $199 laptop.

#1034 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

You know how crazy those lines will be, you'll have to camp out for days to even have a shot. It amazes me that people will do that to get something like a $199 laptop.

Yeah the people buying laptops are always good for a laugh, especially since the laptops are usually stripped of any good specs to begin with.

#1035 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Do stores/companies know for sure how many units they are getting already? If they don't, they are probably just temporarily stopping pre-orders now just to be safe. I wouldn't be surprised sometime in October, people will get another chance.

I hope so. Its bad that the Wii U got its release date and price announced two days ago and now all the major retailers are sold/nearly sold out.

#1036 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

Me and the wife actually have decided to brave black friday this year, if the deals are worth it atleast. I hope my pre-order is good because I don't want to have to camp out in line twice in one week, that would suck

Thankfully I've gotten pretty good with the gaming dept guys at the Best Buy here, so I should be able to get a heads up if they get in a low amount, atleast I hope so, because I think most stores will get them in at the latest the week before

#1037 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

I hope so. Its bad that the Wii U got its release date and price announced two days ago and now all the major retailers are sold/nearly sold out.

I'm betting Black Friday is more to blame, cause if their store doesn't have any but store X does where are the sheep gonna go?

I mean black friday is more and more of a circus every year

#1038 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe edition at my local Best Buy. Only a $5 deposit too. Apparently they just started taking them today there.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#1039 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Amazon only has the regular bundle up & probably preorders already out as I can't do anything. Where the hell is the bundle that actually matters ie; black?

#1040 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Walked into the Tukwila, WA location and pre-ordered the Deluxe, easily:

Posted Image

#1041 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

Pre-ordered one at my local toysrus

#1042 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

I did the best buy pre-order. The guy working in the game department said that they would be cutting off pre-orders based on their allocations but I don't know how true this was. Also only $5 was required.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#1043 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

For those who ordered from walmart.com do you see a authorization charge?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1044 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.

#1045 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Well got my preorder in yesterday at BB. When I asked about it they took me over to the kiosk and printed out the ticket.

Was in Target today and asked about preordering but they aren't doing it and no word if they ever will in-store. May be wrong, but can't ever remember them doing preorders for consoles.

By the way, Target's been my go-to store for console launch purchases. They usually have a bunch available. At least thy have at th ones I've been to.

I'm pretty ecstatic about the Wii U. Sure, none of the launch games are going to reinvent the wheel or anything like that, but they do look fun. That's all I really want out of any launch game.

+1
Right now Pikmin3 and Wonderful101 are must haves. ZombieU and Tanks!x3 are very probable purchases

And being a Rocksmith junkie, I'd love to see it come over as well. But that most likely won't happen until MS and Sony have their new systems launched

They'll do that if there is no confirmed release date. I've heard launch for Zombie U, but I've also heard launch "window."

Gamestop seems to think it'll be available 5 days before the system launches.

Yup, usually an unconfirmed release date. But figure UBI will do everything possible to hit launch day. It'd sell like crazy being one of the few/only M-rated games available on launch day (think Red Steel). Of course I'm worried it'll become another red steel; a game full of promise and interesting ideas, but flawed in execution

#1046 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Walked into the Tukwila, WA location and pre-ordered the Deluxe, easily:

Spoiler

I cancelled my online BBY order and got this at my local BBY store yesterday since I don't want to get charged full price once Sunday hits.

Let's hope whoever pre-ordered at the kiosk won't get screwed over on launch day. I do got the backup still reserved at Gamestop just in case.

#1047 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Well. I decided to take a shot with Frys. It's not like the deluxe edition is available anywhere else.

#1048 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

I'm sure glad I used the newegg $12 off on zombiu and rayman. I didn't on Mario or Pikmin because they were still $99.99 at the time. Here's to hoping for another Newegg code prior to launch! On a side note, I called my GS today. They are taking pre-orders for the Pro controller now, which they weren't when I showed up at store opening to pre-order the console the other day.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1049 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.

Welcome to every console launch for the last twenty years.

Currently Playing: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)  -  Dead Nation (PS4)

Recently Finished: Uncharted 3 (PS3) / B+ - South Park: The Stick of Truth / B+ (PS3)

#1050 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

I was #35 on my pre-order at GS, so I squeezed in another one over at BBY, as well. Hopefully, I can secure one on launch day and will cancel the other one soon after. Both stores said nearly all customers had requested the deluxe/premium bundle. Well done, Nintendo...so crafty.

Monthly Lowball Sale is over for now.  Crazy deals await you next month so tune back, then. 

animePSP2.jpg