The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1051 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Welcome to every console launch for the last twenty years.

How was the SNES launch?

Edited by Serious McMopy, 16 September 2012 - 04:44 AM.

#1052 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Well, preordered the white one from Walmart.com. Was able to cancel the wiimote plus after I had put my order in. Didn't need it, so it's a good 40 dollar savings now.
Posted Image

#1053 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

I agree and my 3DS is covering for my Mario and Zelda craves. 300 is way to much unless it plays 3D blu-rays or blu-rays in general.

Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.

#1054 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

Well call me a sucker. Honestly, the real suckers were those who bought the PS3 (in which at launch was a glorified blu-ray player) for $599/$699 at launch. You can keep the blu-ray. Besides, Nintendo will not give Sony any money for using their technology. A new format will be coming soon anyway. So I'm on board.

I really hope not. I've been building up my blu-ray collection and now it is really respectable. I hope a new format for films doesn't come out any time soon.
Spoiler

I need a new signature.

#1055 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

FYI, bestbuy just shot me an email saying they backordered my wii-u deluxe pre-order. So beware with bestbuy.

#1056 HellMark

HellMark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Just ordered a deluxe with Frys. I have no faith I'll get this but me pondering if I should or shouldn't order for the next two months would have driven me crazy. :)

FYI The product page is still showing both SKUs available.

#1057 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

I preordered even though I don't want one. I have too much BB credit to care.

#1058 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

There's no new format coming soon. Next is digital delivery. Until then Dvd and Blu-ray will stick around. Audio has just about reached its ceiling and video is great at 1080p. Tons of people still dont have hd, there wont be widespread 4K for a long time.

#1059 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

I preordered even though I don't want one. I have too much BB credit to care.

Same thing I said when I preordered at GS. If you've been on your CAG Ps and Qs the system shouldn't cost you any real money.

#1060 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

In store pre-orders will probably get priority, the fact that there still allowing them at bestbuy is alarming for those who ordered online.

#1061 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

I really wouldn't have a problem with the white $300 model if it was a bit cheaper or still came with the charging accessories for the pad.

Anybody who is going to be downloading many games on this will end up using a cheap external hard drive anyway - 8GB or 32GB, it doesn't matter, you're going to run out of space if it's anything like the xbox.

The guy at my best buy seemed to know what he was talking about and clearly said that they would be cutting off pre-orders once they had exceeded how many they had to sell. I would guess that if they're selling you a pre-order, they're not exceeding what they have been told by nintendo that they will have, at least at the store level.

Online, it's easy to give someone a backorder email and also because you haven't charged them anything, who cares. Store pre-orders would logically get priority because those people have taken the time to put money down and travel to the store already, not to mention you have to deal with a return + bad customer experience if you don't fulfill it.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1062 thegamer

thegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Just ordered a deluxe with Frys. I have no faith I'll get this but me pondering if I should or shouldn't order for the next two months would have driven me crazy. :)

FYI The product page is still showing both SKUs available.

Is there a hold authorization on your card after buying from Frys? I preordered in store at BB but I am looking for backups.

#1063 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

some people on gaf were saying frys puts an authorization hold for the entire amount on your card.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1064 HellMark

HellMark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

Is there a hold authorization on your card after buying from Frys? I preordered in store at BB but I am looking for backups.

Yeah there's a hold on there. I'm using a credit card also.

#1065 thegamer

thegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

some people on gaf were saying frys puts an authorization hold for the entire amount on your card.

Yeah there's a hold on there. I'm using a credit card also.

Thanks! I wonder if Frys will do any in store pre-orders. I gotta pick up Kirby tomorrow anyway so I'll check in the morning.

#1066 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Looks like Target is OOS on the basic model.

#1067 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

hmmm, I only preordered the wii u deluxe from bestbuy.com yesterday and it is oos now... kind of wondering if I should go in panic mode :) Can always give this to my bro's family if I both ship.

Walmart deal doesn't seem that good (just don't need the extra and I don't plan to see if I can cancel it)... what are the options now? in store BB to try my luck? maybe Frys instore since it doesn't list it online.

#1068 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well, preordered the white one from Walmart.com. Was able to cancel the wiimote plus after I had put my order in. Didn't need it, so it's a good 40 dollar savings now.

How did you do that?

I didn't need it either, but wasn't able to get rid of the wiimote+ for my order

#1069 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

You guys really think most of you will be getting a system day one?

I'm calling it now, most stores will get 20 systems at most, and many will be dissapointed/angry.

#1070 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I love all the armchair quarterbacking in this thread.

Does anyone know if GS has updated to actual SKUs yet? I'd like my receipt to actually say "Wii U Deluxe".

uc.png

#1071 Belarr

Belarr

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

I love all the armchair quarterbacking in this thread.

Does anyone know if GS has updated to actual SKUs yet? I'd like my receipt to actually say "Wii U Deluxe".

As of 9:24pm last night they were.

Edit: Holy crap, what a terrible way to use up my first post after 5 years. Oh well, at least I can get some pity karma...oh wait, wrong site.

Edited by Belarr, 16 September 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#1072 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have a tablet and I have an I7 3930K with 16GB of 2133 ram in quad channel configuration computer and two current gen consoles I rarely play. What need do i have of inferior hardware?

Explain please?

Ive already saved the princess from Ganon and Bowser countless times now. They can stay unrescued.

The fact that you're touting a tablet, not playing ANY console or PC and bashing on Nintendo games makes me wonder why you ever left Kotaku.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#1073 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

As of 9:24pm last night they were.

Cool, I'll have them print up a new receipt when I pick up Kirby today.

uc.png

#1074 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Darn. It appears to be that the Wii U will be very hard to find for people who didnt preorder now that all/most of the major retailers are sold out right now.

I can see it now. People constantly calling BBY and whatnot. It's going to be insane come November 18th. I'm thinking I should take that day off, lol. I'll deal since I have bills to pay. This system looks cool in it's own right. I bought a Vita earlier in the year, and I'm still breaking it in. I want to limit myself to one console a year, and besides I hardly have time for videogames as it is. :( Good luck to everyone else getting/thinking about getting one.

#1075 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Edited Wiki to show Bundle is currently available on Walmart again.

#1076 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Edited Wiki to show Bundle is currently available on Walmart again.

It's not available. When you click on the wii u after doing a search, it says the page is unavailable.

#1077 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

It's not available. When you click on the wii u after doing a search, it says the page is unavailable.

I just added it to my cart with no issues.

Please note: Items in your cart are not reserved until you complete your purchase. Continue Shopping Proceed to Checkout
Cart Items
Store Pickup or Ship to Home?
Price
Quantity
Total

Nintendo Wii U Solution Bundle w/ Customer Choice of Wii U Game and Wii Remote Plus
Your Choice Wii U Console
(Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Console w/ GamePad & Nintendo Land, Black)
Your Choice Wii U Game
(Wii Fit U (Wii U))
Your Choice Wii Remote Plus (Compatible with Wii and Wii U)
(Wii Remote Plus - Pink (Wii))
Save for later | Remove
Enter ZIP Code and click Go to view shipping/pickup options and estimated shipping.
Go
$449.00

Update
$449.00
Include a Service Plan?
Subtotal: (1 item) $449.00
Estimated Shipping --
Estimated Order Total: $449.00
Proceed to checkout to view final order total, including taxes, fees, shipping and optional gifting charges.

Proceed to Checkout available in checkout

To view estimated shipping,
enter ZIP Code

Open a Walmart Credit Card, Spend $100 Today and Get $20 back*
*Offer subject to credit approval
Learn More or Apply Now.

#1078 brewin

brewin

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

This system has some great potential. I hope they announce a 3DS dongle that will allow users to play 3ds/ds games on their TV through the wiiu. I was wary about the wii but I am confident the wii u will be a much better system. Look at the lineup and support they already have for the system! Nintendo is leaps ahead of where they have been in previous generations. I can't wait!
Posted Image

#1079 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Doesn't stop the buyer from saying they received a rock in a box and opening a SNAD claim; at which point they can mail back anything they'd like and keep the Wii U and you'd be SOL

Situations like this happened to me twice, and I managed to win the dispute both times (partly through luck, partly through outmaneuvering the scammer). The second time the buyer left negative feedback after getting stuck with the item and no refund (he tried to return a bag of sugar instead of the item itself); apparently eBay considers negative feedback because someone wouldn't roll over and let himself be ripped off a valid reason for negative feedback, and did nothing about it. That was it for me with eBay - it's just a matter of time before you get screwed selling on that site.

#1080 SquareSide

SquareSide

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

In the good old days you wait outside the store in the cold to get your system. I will do this for the Wii U like I did for the Wii. Good times. I also live in Montana, stuff really doesn't sell out around here.