The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1201 blankempathy

blankempathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Maybe it's because some of us have a life. We can't drop everything to run to a store and pre order on day 1 when Nintendo and their little games suddenly decide we annouce it now. And it sells out that day, no control over it, I have other things to do. If Nintendo wants to play it this way again, I won't get one for two years like the Wii. It's BS but thats life.

There has been news of Nintendo's upcoming press conference that would announce the price/date for a while. Don't get upset because you weren't paying attention.

#1202 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, but either way I'd think they would have to have a large batch ready to ship, so to build up to that point it would take some time. Works to their benefit. I just think if they already started pumping them out, they'll be able to have another small batch before Christmas for the US.

I believe they will get a few shipments out before Christmas, at least 2-3 more besides the launch window. Nintendo is smart, they know they just can't leave wasted holiday potential out the window. They want this to be the holiday item and well they are not that dumb to just have one shipment I would believe.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1203 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Maybe it's because some of us have a life. We can't drop everything to run to a store and pre order on day 1 when Nintendo and their little games suddenly decide we annouce it now. And it sells out that day, no control over it, I have other things to do. If Nintendo wants to play it this way again, I won't get one for two years like the Wii. It's BS but thats life.

I spend like 5-10 minutes a day reading gaming/tech sites and whatnot during my breaks/lunch. It's not hard to just check joystiq every day, and besides gamestop.com had preorders on the 32gb for like 3 days.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1204 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

They will have a trickle of console shipments to the retailers but your not going to find them in stock sitting on the shelves before Christmas. The scenario will be a delivery truck comes in with 10-20 units and they are sold as soon as they bring them in. Just my opinion of what will happen....again.

#1205 TheNight

TheNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

I went to my local Toys R Us and put in a pre-order today for the Deluxe and they had the Basic as well. Was told they should have enough on launch day to pick up then, but at the worst I would get one in the launch week.

#1206 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

They will have a trickle of console shipments to the retailers but your not going to find them in stock sitting on the shelves before Christmas. The scenario will be a delivery truck comes in with 10-20 units and they are sold as soon as they bring them in. Just my opinion of what will happen....again.

I agree you will not find them on shelves, but I think you are wrong about them selling them as soon as a truck delivers them. The recent pattern with this type of hot item is for the store to hold stock until a specific date to create hype, usually a Sunday.

#1207 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

I can't wait to see this thread on November 18th. "I wasted 10 hours in the freezing wind and came home empty handed"

I think the Wii U's initial sales will probably be pretty big. I mean, this is the first console of the next generation (even though like the Wii, it's hardly next gen), there are no other new consoles competing with it, and it carries the "Wii" brand.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1208 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

I walked into my local Best Buy today and pre ordered from a very nice woman. This chic was the biggest gaming nerd I've ever personally met in my life. She knew more about the Wiiu than I did and had a friend who personally tried Zombiu which got me hyped. Went back to Gamestop to cancel my 8GB pre order (was all they had left) and the guy gave me attitude and told me I'd get shafted at the Bestbuy launch. This is why I haven't done business with Gamestop in years.

On the one hand, i feel sorry for gamestop clerks. On the other hand some of them are such douchebags and liars.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1209 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

I walked into my local Best Buy today and pre ordered from a very nice woman. This chic was the biggest gaming nerd I've ever personally met in my life. She knew more about the Wiiu than I did and had a friend who personally tried Zombiu which got me hyped. Went back to Gamestop to cancel my 8GB pre order (was all they had left) and the guy gave me attitude and told me I'd get shafted at the Bestbuy launch. This is why I haven't done business with Gamestop in years.

They kinda get screwed when people cancel preorders.

#1210 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Ha they get mad cause they need sales/pre-orders like those to keep their job/get more hours. I worked there twice few years ago, once in Guam and once here in Texas. I never got mad personally, im a chill person but it's so funny shopping there and seeing them get mad when I/others cancel pre-orders.

if aomeone cancels a pre-order it looks bad on that employee even if he/she wasnt the one that got that customer to pre-order. kinda messed up ha

#1211 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

On the one hand, i feel sorry for gamestop clerks. On the other hand some of them are such douchebags and liars.

This guy was a massive nerd in his forties and yelled this while walking out of the store. I had a good laugh. :D

#1212 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

This. On one hand, if the person is nice or i know them, i always put something else on reserve.

Otherwise if they come out with the "YOU WILL REGRET THIS!", I just laugh and leave.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1213 stormshadow88

stormshadow88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I think the main thing that I'm having a hard time figuring out is that it seemed like there was absolutely zero or very little hype for the Wii U even after E3. So I'm surprised to hear about all of these retailers running out of preorders. Just seems to contradict the stories we've heard about the system not generating a lot of buzz. I've been excited for it for awhile and am happy I got a preorder in store at best buy. But I didn't expect the quick sell out after all we've heard or not heard in the news about the wii u this past year.

#1214 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

At one point we had two stores in town. One in a strip mall at walmart, and the other in a strip mall at target. The manger at the walmart store was such a douche bag that I'm convinced that's why the store closed. I even went on Yelp to check out reviews for the stores and people mentioned that guy by name as a reason they would never shop there again. I've done business with this gamestop during the 360 launch which went very smooth, and bought a few games over the course of the next few years. I told the guy I cancelled with at the counter that it was nothing against them just they didn't any stock for the console I wanted. Completely my fault for not getting out sooner for the pre order.

#1215 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

they should get better jobs then. not our fault that their "motivation" is to push pre-orders or lose hours.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1216 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

they should get better jobs then. not our fault that their "motivation" is to push pre-orders or lose hours.

Um........do you just realize the fallacy you just made?
Posted Image

#1217 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

They won't loose hour per say but they can get reprimanded and eventually loose there job. The way that part of the business is set up is kind of crap but what can I say, at least I don't work there.

#1218 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Walmart pre-orders say 'will ship 12/31/2012', which hardly seems like a pre-order. I'd like one around release time if I'm to bother.

Nintendo has learned to keep supply limited to maintain demand during a launch.
Posted Image

#1219 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

Walmart pre-orders say 'will ship 12/31/2012', which hardly seems like a pre-order. I'd like one around release time if I'm to bother.

Nintendo has learned to keep supply limited to maintain demand during a launch.

I ordered the non-bundle one and my order status states:

Processing
Your order is being processed. It is estimated to arrive between Wednesday, 11/21/2012 and Monday, 11/26/2012.

#1220 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Um........do you just realize the fallacy you just made?

What i'm saying is that it's not the customer's fault if he felt he recieved better service elsewhere and chose to go with the gamestop employee's competitor.

His reaction to the customer being better served elsewhere is just plain childish. Would that make you want to go back there? Do you think that gamestop employee deserves the pre-order/hours/job? He sounds like an asshole, to me.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1221 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

What i'm saying is that it's not the customer's fault if he felt he recieved better service elsewhere and chose to go with the gamestop employee's competitor.

His reaction to the customer being better served elsewhere is just plain childish. Would that make you want to go back there? Do you think that gamestop employee deserves the pre-order/hours/job? He sounds like an asshole, to me.

Oh I see and agree now that u explained more.

#1222 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Well, Fuck it. I pre-ordered Wii U on Wal-Mart. Hopefully it ships when they say it will.

Otherwise, I just hope Amazon does not start any feuds with Microsoft or Sony. I rather do my business with them.

#1223 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Can you cancel a Wal-Mart preorder?

Also, how do you sign up for notifications from Amazon?

#1224 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

you should be able to cancel it from your walmart order detail page. Amazon notification sucks so don't bother. use zoolert or something similar.

#1225 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's now sold out for both of the stand alone versions on
Wal-Mart.com.

#1226 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

when amazon had the wii u up you just clicked sign up to become notified but since amazon took it down a long time ago i have no clue

#1227 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm not really a fan of having multiple versions either, but I prefer black, so that's works out fine for me.

#1228 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

I preordered one. Glad I checked CAG for F1 2012 deals and saw this because I had no idea the preorders started.

I'm certainly not buying this console for any power underneath the hood. I look at is as a very late comer to the current generation of consoles. I'll play the new Mario game and then probably sell in early next year after I realize its collecting too much dust.

#1229 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm holding off getting Darksiders II, Rayman legends, and Assassin's Creed III for Wii U versions, since all are supposedly going to be "enhanced" versions for the Wii U.

Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#1230 lukejskywalker

lukejskywalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Looks like the Basic model (8GB) is available again for pre-order at Best Buy!
Let's roll in my covered wagon!