The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1231 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Looks like the Basic model (8GB) is available again for pre-order at Best Buy!

FYI the deluxe model is officially sold out in store now as well.

#1232 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive.

I was mixing it up with Origins. My bad.

#1233 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I preordered the deluxe in store at BB using the kiosk on Saturday. I'll hope for the best with them getting enough in.

#1234 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Rayman Legends is a great launch game too. Or at least I expect it to be given how fantastic Origins is proving to be. I think Legends might be top of the list for me.
Posted Image

#1235 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

My pre-order (B&M) experience today:

Best Buy: Deluxe doesn't show up in kiosk, only Basic.
TRU: Clerk can't find any preorder tickets for Deluxe, so only able to offer preorder on basic
Gamestop: Clerk says they got an email saying to not sell any more preorders
Target: No preorders ("yet")
Walmart: No preorders
Other Gamestop: Same as first
Back to TRU: Printed some more deluxe tickets when I came back, but then clerk got told by another clerk that they're only taking preorders on Basic.

So yeah, no luck getting a deluxe.

#1236 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Fanboy stuff needs to be taken elsewhere, please.

#1237 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Best Buy: Deluxe doesn't show up in kiosk, only Basic.
TRU: Clerk can't find any preorder tickets for Deluxe, so only able to offer preorder on basic
Gamestop: Clerk says they got an email saying to not sell any more preorders
Target: No preorders ("yet")
Walmart: No preorders
Other Gamestop: Same as first
Back to TRU: Printed some more deluxe tickets when I came back, but then clerk got told by another clerk that they're only taking preorders on Basic.

So yeah, no luck getting a deluxe.

I wouldn't expect Wal Mart to do preorders. I never seen them even do preorders on games. No clue on Target, but I would expect the same.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1238 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Does Walmart bill upfront for preorders, or do they only charge upon shipment?

#1239 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think Walmart puts a hold on the money.

#1240 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Does Walmart bill upfront for preorders, or do they only charge upon shipment?

Pre-authorize upfront then release the charge in 3-5 business days.

#1241 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

In other words, they do a transaction which they then reverse a couple days later, then bill once the item ships?

#1242 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

In other words, they do a transaction which they then reverse a couple days later, then bill once the item ships?

Essentially, yes.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1243 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I wouldn't expect Wal Mart to do preorders. I never seen them even do preorders on games. No clue on Target, but I would expect the same.

I think Target will do preorders, IMO

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#1244 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Bestbuy.com is taking pr-orders again on the 299.99 console.

#1245 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Best Buy: Deluxe doesn't show up in kiosk, only Basic..

Wow I'm glad I went out yesterday morning then because it was still available Sunday.

Other than the built in memory (which doesn't really matter cause of cheap SD cards), are people wanting the deluxe for the color? The pack-in game you'll probably be able to find fairly cheap second hand I would think.

I don't know what part of the deluxe is a must have that spending $50 can't get you except for color. (Unless I'm completely missing one of the features of the deluxe.)

Edited by shrike4242, 17 September 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1246 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I just came back from best buy, and can confirm the deluxe is no longer in the kiosk, and the clerk checked, and company wide they are sold out on preorders, HOWEVER they MAY have some available on launch day, and MAY open more deluxe preorders again. (She read that off the computer.)

Apparantly the deluxe preorder was removed from the system sometime earlier today.

#1247 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

@Gareee: Had the exact same experience when it looked like they still had them in.

The built in flash memory will likely be faster. Not SSD fast I don't think, but still.

Besides, taken into account with everything else and just plain simple math, it's a better deal, simple and plain.

#1248 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

@Gareee: Had the exact same experience when it looked like they still had them in.

The built in flash memory will likely be faster. Not SSD fast I don't think, but still.

Besides, taken into account with everything else and just plain simple math, it's a better deal, simple and plain.

I understand. Given everything, I'd rather have the deluxe. It's a good value. But I didn't see anything in it that said "OMG, I must have the deluxe or nothing!"

The 32GB will be good but we're all probably gonna add a 500GB+ external to it sooner or later right?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1249 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

Target does preorders for big title games. They also took preorders for the 3DS handheld.

Walmart doesnt do preorders for games but I think they did do it for the 3DS handheld.

#1250 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

I just came back from best buy, and can confirm the deluxe is no longer in the kiosk, and the clerk checked, and company wide they are sold out on preorders, HOWEVER they MAY have some available on launch day, and MAY open more deluxe preorders again. (She read that off the computer.)

Apparantly the deluxe preorder was removed from the system sometime earlier today.

I'm very happy it was removed. To everyone who has it pre-ordered, we should be safe at Best Buy! Hopefully..
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#1251 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I think Target will do preorders, IMO

If they run it like the Wii launch then no they won't. I worked at Target back in 06 during the launch and we used a voucher system:

1. Managers handed vouchers out at 7am
2. Starting at 8am, people were led back to electronics one group at a time
3. Voucher holders checked off what hardware/software they wanted and the employee would retrieve it and check them out
4. Voucher holders were led back out to the exit

I don't know if this was company wide or just my store but it worked perfectly. No craziness. The employees couldn't hold systems either so I had to take the day off and chance the line...got system 38 of 38. The people behind me were PISSED since we were supposed to get 39 and I told them they had a chance. :-#

I still have my order card and the giant vinyl banners stating "Wii Coming 2006". Pretty cool stuff.

uc.png

#1252 skylimitdm

skylimitdm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

For anyone that lives in the Westerchester / New York City area there are 2 stores in Yonkers and Westchester that is still offering Pre-order for both Deluxe and standard models. They only have a few more left of the Deluxe models. So get on it fast.

Store locations
1- 731 West Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck NY 10543
2- 29 Mill Road Eastchester, NY 10709
or call- chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png(914) 630-7076 tell them that Deonne Referred you to the store. You will only have to put $20 deposit toward the system.

Website
http://stores.kingsg.../StoreFront.bok

Facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.....9201671?ref=ts

Edited by skylimitdm, 17 September 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#1253 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Gamestop Preorders for new systems are a crap-shoot.

Putting your money down does "Not" guarantee you a system as they say it does.

I will say that lately they have been trying not to take to many reserves so they can fill the demand based on what they get. The problem is, they don't know how many they are going to get.

Way back in the day when I got my 360, they did it by the list in the store. We had something like 240 reserves of the 360 and they only got 16 in the store on day one. That is it. Luckily I was 3rd on the list, behind two employees. It was nice, no need to wait in line. Of the 16 that came in there was probably 6 of us there to pick it up.

Anyways, the lists are no more and instead of first reserve first get based on when you reserved it, its more like you better stand in line really early on launch because its likely they wont have enough even if you reserved. And it doesn't matter if you reserved the first day you could or the last, the further you are in the front of that line, the better chance you will get one.

Hey, at least they will tell people in line to go home that are to far in line to get one. lol

So to be honest, the best chance to get one will most likely be from somewhere that is NOT reserving it in store. Show up early make it known what your there for and start the line. Then you will get have a good chance at getting one.

#1254 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Bestbuy.com is taking pr-orders again on the 299.99 console.

Thanks! I'm 75% sure I'll end up cancelling before launch, but at least I have one waiting for me if I want it. I'd really like the deluxe version, so hopefully we'll see pre-orders for it again before too much longer.

#1255 meatball2112

meatball2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

They will have some on launch day if you are willing to wait in line for hours before the store opens. Just remember, if any store puts a weekly ad out and advertises it, they will have some on launch day...they have to.

#1256 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm very happy it was removed. To everyone who has it pre-ordered, we should be safe at Best Buy! Hopefully..

I don't see the need for people to fret over cancelled BB preorders.

Although they can be more precise with inventory they've been conservative with their allotment. Where they have messed up before based on member experiences have been for in-store preorders. But remember we have another upcoming season of holiday releases so I would expect BB stores to get better at holding all types of preorders by the time the Wii U launches.

#1257 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

If they run it like the Wii launch then no they won't. I worked at Target back in 06 during the launch and we used a voucher system:

1. Managers handed vouchers out at 7am
2. Starting at 8am, people were led back to electronics one group at a time
3. Voucher holders checked off what hardware/software they wanted and the employee would retrieve it and check them out
4. Voucher holders were led back out to the exit

I don't know if this was company wide or just my store but it worked perfectly. No craziness. The employees couldn't hold systems either so I had to take the day off and chance the line...got system 38 of 38. The people behind me were PISSED since we were supposed to get 39 and I told them they had a chance. :-#

I still have my order card and the giant vinyl banners stating "Wii Coming 2006". Pretty cool stuff.

That's how the three Target locations in the Los Angeles area I shopped at handled Wii preorders as well. In fact, they also handled subsequent deliveries that way and people would hear rumors and show up each morning until the deliveries arrived and then they would do a line/voucher walk-in as well.

#1258 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I was in my local BBY today so I decided to check if you could still preorder the Wii U. Looks like at my store they are no longer offering preorders on the deluxe version only the basic. So at least we know they are taking it off of the preorder screen once they have the number of preorders, that either the store or corporate has decided is enough.

I also noticed that I could no longer preorder ZombiU or New Super Mario Bros U from the touch screen kiosk. Though I just checked and I can still order them online for instore pickup. Boy would that suck to have a shiny new wii U and no games to play LOL

#1259 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

For anyone that lives in the Westerchester / New York City area there are 2 stores in Yonkers and Westchester that is still offering Pre-order for both Deluxe and standard models. They only have a few more left of the Deluxe models. So get on it fast.

Store locations
1- 731 West Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck NY 10543
2- 29 Mill Road Eastchester, NY 10709
or call- 914 268 0183 tell them that Deonne Referred you to the store. You will only have to put $20 deposit toward the system.

Website
http://stores.kingsg.../StoreFront.bok

Facebook fan page
http://www.facebook....89201671?ref=ts

It's nice that you're trying to be helpful, but this is the third time you posted this in the past 10 minutes. I assume there is some sort of technical issue, but.. WE KNOW! lol.

#1260 skylimitdm

skylimitdm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

If anyone has a Blockbuster still in there area they said they will be selling the Wii U on launch day. That is one place that people may have forgot that they could pick one up.