The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1351 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I already have plenty of Wiimotes...but would it be incredibly lazy to buy more just so I don't have to constantly re-synch between the two consoles depending on what I want to play? LOL
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1352 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I already have plenty of Wiimotes...but would it be incredibly lazy to buy more just so I don't have to constantly re-synch between the two consoles depending on what I want to play? LOL

Think that's how I ended up with so many wiimotes.

My two white ones are synced to one console just for Ghost Squad. I like to dual wield in that game:twoguns:. Never even take'em out of the gun shell
Poor scores, but really fun to go all John Woo:D

#1353 wohomerhoo

wohomerhoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

3DS XL is being sold by Amazon now. I hope that is a sign that Wii U is coming.

#1354 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

This can be confusing, but the CS answered correctly. Basically, they do a "pre-authorization" to ensure that your card actually has a credit limit that will enable this purchase. For example, if my card was maxed, even though I'm not spending a dime right now, it would come back denied because there's no room in the limit to add a Wii U.

This means you are NOT charged right now. But depending on your card company there may be a "hold" on the card to ensure the funds are still available within the limit at the time it ships. That way you don't get to shipping day and get an email saying "cancelled. funds weren't available after all."

Then you will actually be CHARGED on the day it ships. So for billing purposes, the bill for Wii U would be due some time after November 18th as opposed to next month because of September pre-order.

Hope that all makes sense!

Understood most of that. The only thing I really had a question on is, I don't mind the preauthorization to check for the funds, but will this fall off in 3-5 days, or will it stay on there until it ships around Nov. 18th? When I've preordered in the past with Best Buy, they did this, so there wasn't a hold on the funds for the entire waiting period, just to check in the beginning, and then finalizing when shipping. I mean if they are going to hold this preauth on my account for two months, why not just final charge me and be done with it. It really doesn't matter either way, I just really don't like having that much cash held up for such a long period of time, especially when there is no disclosure for this on their website....But, I'll keep it anyways. :)

#1355 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

GameStop said that they are working with nintendo to get more wiius to open up more preorders.

#1356 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

GameStop said that they are working with nintendo to get more wiius to open up more preorders.

Of course they are. GS LOVES preorders, so they will want as many of these things available as possible. Nintendo rarely seems to listen to anything from anybody about anything though so I wouldn't be surprised if GS's requests fell on deaf ears.

#1357 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I am still indecisive about the Wii U, but I have 1 of each pre-ordered at Gamestop. Leaning toward keeping the deluxe but I don't know if I should cancel my basic or what. I have time to decide.

If it were me I would probably cancel the basic preorder allowing someone else to get one who otherwise might would have to wait a few extra weeks. As far as flipping it who knows because nintendo might really up the supply through the holidays and there may be enough to supply the demand to the point they won't be doing much on ebay. On the other hand I'm sure you might know someone who would want one for xmas too so there's always that. Tough decision either way in these tough economic times.

#1358 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Of course they are. GS LOVES preorders, so they will want as many of these things available as possible. Nintendo rarely seems to listen to anything from anybody about anything though so I wouldn't be surprised if GS's requests fell on deaf ears.

I have a feeling it will fall on deaf ears for the time being because seems walmart must be getting a lot of units allocated to them. I know the preorder status keeps changing there so walmart must be working hard with nintendo. I still can't believe people have been able to preorder the bundle with the pro controller as late as noon today and I've not checked the walmart site recently to see if it still shows shipping date of 11/18. Either walmart is really confident in the number of units they will have or are willing to risk having a Wii U riot on their hands come the 18th. Seems all these console launches should be pretty predictable at this point but each turns out to be totally unique. Be interesting to see how this one turns out nonetheless.

#1359 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

so question....can i preorder accessories at gamestop like the controller or whatever else???

#1360 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

It could be Nintendo started low with their stock estimates to make sure they had enough to cover preorders and now they have a realistic number of consoles made, so they are hopefully going to get more.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1361 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

I pre-ordered from Best Buy online, with in-store pickup. Supposedly with launch-day pick-up. The one question I have is - I used just my credit card for the pre-order, but I'd prefer to use some gift cards to pay for the purchase. (I didn't have the gift cards on me when I was doing the pre-order and was afraid to wait until I did have them because I knew they'd close pre-orders before long). In my previous experience, I was told that I could not alter the form of payment for an in-store pick up item. Is that correct?

I do understand it automatically charges my card when you I do a pre-order, but it seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal to change it at the store? I'd guess they'd have to ring it as a return and ring it is a new purchase - would there be a problem doing that with an in-demand item like this?

I'm in the same boat as you. My plan is to pick it up and ask them to do a return/repurchase. I don't see why they would have any problem with this.

#1362 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I sure Hope Walmart does not send a game and the pro controller and say the system is back ordered. I will be pissed off. I know they do these things if they split ship it. I'm hoping it all ships together in one box.
Posted Image

#1363 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

It could be Nintendo started low with their stock estimates to make sure they had enough to cover preorders and now they have a realistic number of consoles made, so they are hopefully going to get more.

I was thinking along those lines and it's why I asked the question below that no one answered.

I never bought any system at launch and never really payed attention to release dates. Is this >2 months from pre-order to launch for the WiiU the longest pre-order window for a system to date? I ask this because this seems like more than enough time for Nintendo to manufacture more units to meet demand.

#1364 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. My plan is to pick it up and ask them to do a return/repurchase. I don't see why they would have any problem with this.

Yeah I also asked about this when the preorders first started. The consensus seemed to be the worse case scenario (if they don't let you cancel the store pickup and buy it with credit for some reason) is you actually complete the store pickup, then bring it in the next day and do the return/rebuy.

#1365 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

so question....can i preorder accessories at gamestop like the controller or whatever else???

Even if you could, I probably wouldn't bother. 75% of these pre-orders are going to flippers it seems. I'm thinking we're going to be good on accessories and games.

#1366 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Walmart still has the bundle up with choice of game and pro controller, I bet it won't be for long.
Posted Image

#1367 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Even if you could, I probably wouldn't bother. 75% of these pre-orders are going to flippers it seems. I'm thinking we're going to be good on accessories and games.

Maybe thats why the Walmart bundle has not sold out they make you spend an extra $100 but I was going to anyway.
Posted Image

#1368 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Any idea how long Fry's holds funds for?

#1369 miacosa

miacosa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Purchasing the Deluxe set also includes membership in the "Deluxe Digital Promotion," which rewards points for digital purchases that can later be used to buy eShop wares. The basic Wii U set does not have the as a bullet point.

#1370 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

I was thinking along those lines and it's why I asked the question below that no one answered.

I was going to say no. I think Gamestop started preorders for 3DS in January, a full 2 months before the system was released. Here's a post I made about it: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=283707

Consoles though I can only say maybe. Hopefully someone who remember better than me can say when the 4th generation and before did preorders. Wii and PS3 preorders were done a month before they came out, plus a few days.

#1371 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

I was going to say no. I think Gamestop started preorders for 3DS in January, a full 2 months before the system was released. Here's a post I made about it: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=283707

Consoles though I can only say maybe. Hopefully someone who remember better than me can say when the 4th generation and before did preorders. Wii and PS3 preorders were done a month before they came out, plus a few days.

I did a preorder for my Wii about 2 months prior. The Xbox was also about 2 months, but I came late and was number 48 in the store. I managed to get the Xbox on Xmas eve after release. The ps1 and 2 were impossible to get at first, and I was too late to preorder. Well, actually I would have been on a waiting list over 100 deep for the ps2. I am amazed they even took a list of that high of a number. The n64 I was lucky to find a month after release as stores in my area got 1-2 in at a time. I cannot remember a console launch that did not have a shortage. Well, ps3's were easy to get only a few weeks after launch (the price helped that) in my area. I would always see one in taget.

I suspect the wii-u to be hard to find until middle of January. My thoughts on the topic.

#1372 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Dr. who wiimote as posted above:

http://www.amazon.co... who wii remote

OMG! I'm all over this. I'm ordering one of these for sure!

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#1373 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

The Best Buy in Deptford New Jersey is no longer taking pre-orders for either console. I asked and they said they will be doing midnight release and they "should" be able to cover all pre-orders that were placed.

If they don't have enough, you're pre-order will carry over to the next shipment.

#1374 stormshadow88

stormshadow88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I just happened to check my best buy in store preorder on the reward zone website where it lists all your transactions and point purchases. The strange thing is that the online receipt for the purchase shows the preorder for a "test SKU" for store # whatever. The printed receipt says Wii U 32GB but it seems weird that the website would say something different like that. I had to call customer service about something separate and asked about it and they said it was supposed to say that. Does it appear that way for you guys as well?

#1375 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Why are people who are so concerned about preauthorization holds spending $300 on a console?

Don't they have other concerns?

#1376 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why are people who are so concerned about preauthorization holds spending $300 on a console?

going to need a lot of popcorn for the reaction this will get even if i do agree.

#1377 KRONUS EGGPLANT

KRONUS EGGPLANT

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Pre Ordered Through Walmart, this morning got the Deluxe bundle and decided to get a couple of games. My wife really wanted new super mario bros so I caved and I got pikmin 3 which will prolly not be out till January. Notice this When I go to walmart site and click on the deluxe bundle it says "sold out online" So I dunno :/

#1378 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Both BB and TRU around me are "sold out" of the 32GB.
Posted Image

#1379 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Some people probably have to save up before release and don't want to have money tied up. Seems like a good enough reason, no?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1380 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Dr. who wiimote as posted above:

http://www.amazon.co... who wii remote

OMG! I'm all over this. I'm ordering one of these for sure!

I know!! I'm not evening going to use it I just want it to display LOL

I just happened to check my best buy in store preorder on the reward zone website where it lists all your transactions and point purchases. The strange thing is that the online receipt for the purchase shows the preorder for a "test SKU" for store # whatever. The printed receipt says Wii U 32GB but it seems weird that the website would say something different like that. I had to call customer service about something separate and asked about it and they said it was supposed to say that. Does it appear that way for you guys as well?

Mine says the same thing on my rewards account