• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1471 ONIN

ONIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

A couple things...

Another pre-order customer walks out of the bathroom, grabs some games, a digital camera, some av cords, etc and walks up to the counter to claim his deluxe pre-order. The manager sells it to him no problem. This happens a few more times. After this is over, there is one deluxe pre-order remaining to be picked up and one basic un-sold. Both are gone by the end of the day.

I suspect what I just typed could happen many times on launch day at stores across the country. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

I truly hope that someone publishes this sweet piece of fan fiction a'la 50 shades of grey. You just need to clean it up a bit and bam!! I will pre-order the book on amazon. Promise.

#1472 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

man this thread is only going to get more interesting on launch day lol

#1473 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

This thread makes me gasey....

#1474 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Nov 18th at gamestop

#1475 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm still debating whether to get NSMB Wii U at launch or just wait for the inevitable NSMB Wii $20 price point. Decisions decisions...

uc.png

#1476 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

NSMB Wii U is the 1st mario games to be sold at launch. I say go for it because everyone have to one at launch. $20 is only the greatest hits.

#1477 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

man this thread is only going to get more interesting on launch day lol

I know! I can't wait to read all of the hilarious and horrific launch day stories!

#1478 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

A couple things...

Spoiler

Posted Image
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1479 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm still debating whether to get NSMB Wii U at launch or just wait for the inevitable NSMB Wii $20 price point. Decisions decisions...

Are you getting the system at launch? If so, imo NSBM is one of the two "no brainers" to get if there is one. It's Mario, it's a first-party title so you know it'll utilize the gamepad well, and...it's fucking Mario in HD.

The other title to get at launch is Zombie U.

And Rayman Legends...and possibly Black Ops 2 if it supports 3D.

#1480 raptor3076

raptor3076

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Never having played the other games anyone think Scribblenauts Unlimited will be worth a buy? With the coupon at newegg it's only 39.99

#1481 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Never having played the other games anyone think Scribblenauts Unlimited will be worth a buy? With the coupon at newegg it's only 39.99

Looks like it could be a good sleeper title.

#1482 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

NSMB Wii U is the 1st mario games to be sold at launch.

Super Mario 64 launched with the Nintendo 64 in 1996.

#1483 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Normally I'm with you there but Nintendo 1st party games rarely go on sale or have price cuts. Look at DS games from 2005. They are still at $34.99

I need a new signature.

#1484 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Are you getting the system at launch? If so, imo NSBM is one of the two "no brainers" to get if there is one. It's Mario, it's a first-party title so you know it'll utilize the gamepad well, and...it's fucking Mario in HD.

Zombie U isnt a launch title.(ok maybe it is. the release date is different everywhere)

And its got some major mixed reviews (that said I preordered a copy anyway since its a pretty weak release selection)

Edited by dcm1602, 19 September 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#1485 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Normally I'm with you there but Nintendo 1st party games rarely go on sale or have price cuts. Look at DS games from 2005. They are still at $34.99

No kidding. Super Mario Galaxy 2, which came out over 2 years ago, has remained at $49.99 since then!

#1486 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I played ZombiU at the Seattle Nintendo Wii-U preview party, and came away unimpressed.

I really feel that ZombieU will be to the Wii-U what Red Steel was to the Wii, over hyped, average at best, and getting labeled a killer app before it's even out.

125365.png

#1487 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Zombie U isnt a launch title.

Ummmmm...since when?

#1488 io

io

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

It's Mario and it's HD are enough reasons alone. However, you might be disappointed in the gamepad usage. It is really only for a secondary player to create platforms and stun enemies. That can be fun (I played that role at PAX) but I'm not sure it is even used if you are playing single-player. If so, they certainly didn't emphasize that in their demos. It was 4 people on Wii remotes and 1 on the gamepad with much chaos ensuing. But perhaps for single player you can use the gamepad analog sticks to control Mario too (and create platforms?). I also hope it allows for Pro Controller usage. I just absolutely detest holding Wii remotes sideways and using the D-pad to control a game.

The best use of the gamepad will surely be NintendoLand since that was designed with the pad in mind.

Probably. Of all the other games (besides NSMB U) it is the closest to a "sure bet" quality game. It just depends on if you like the concept or not. I haven't jumped on that yet because I still haven't even played Super Scribblenauts on the DS yet, though I did play the original. From what I gather they have refined the formula for this Wii U release so I'm sure it will be a good game. The strange thing about this game is that you can play it pretty much just on the pad without looking at the TV - so that might be a nice game to have for when the TV is being used for other stuff.

#1489 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Zombie U isnt a launch title.

It is now: http://www.g4tv.com/...er-18/#readmore

#1490 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

edited my post just read that elsewhere

I dunno whats goin on with that game

I read that it was confirmed not to be @ launch, then that it was.

Weird

#1491 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Who else got the backorder email from fry's?

Everyone should quote drclaw411's book to make this thread more fun lmfao

#1492 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

NSMB Wii U is the 1st mario games to be sold at launch.

Super Mario 64 launched with the Nintendo 64 in 1996.

Super Mario Land hit store shelves at the Gameboy's launch. ;)

#1493 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

http://www.nintendow....com/news/31795

Looks like the burger king toy line rumor was true....preorders begin Oct. 25.

#1494 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I really feel that ZombieU will be to the Wii-U what Red Steel was to the Wii, over hyped, average at best, and getting labeled a killer app before it's even out.

I agree, from what I see it's just a generic fps with tacked on WiiU gimmicks

#1495 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Normally I would be all over it, however from October through mid November I have to get RE6 Antho and ACIII CE for the wife, and MoH:Warfighter, Halo 4 CD and Black Ops 2 HE 360 for me. I might have to let Blops 2 slide as it is, which kills me since I have every CoD LE on the 360 thus far and I'm afraid of repeating what happened with the Blops 1 HE. Plus I have Rayman Legends for $38 through NewEgg and I'm way more excited about that...should get to my house launch week. Maybe I'll just get NSMB after the holidays.

True but Nintendo has the Wii Nintendo Selects line now...I'm hoping they cut first party Wii games down to $20 to capitalize on the Wii U's backwards compatibility. I remember them cutting first party GameCube prices during/after the Wii lauch (most notably SSB Melee).

uc.png

#1496 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

It's Mario and it's HD are enough reasons alone. However, you might be disappointed in the gamepad usage. It is really only for a secondary player to create platforms and stun enemies. That can be fun (I played that role at PAX) but I'm not sure it is even used if you are playing single-player. If so, they certainly didn't emphasize that in their demos. It was 4 people on Wii remotes and 1 on the gamepad with much chaos ensuing. But perhaps for single player you can use the gamepad analog sticks to control Mario too (and create platforms?). I also hope it allows for Pro Controller usage. I just absolutely detest holding Wii remotes sideways and using the D-pad to control a game.

The best use of the gamepad will surely be NintendoLand since that was designed with the pad in mind.

Probably. Of all the other games (besides NSMB U) it is the closest to a "sure bet" quality game. It just depends on if you like the concept or not. I haven't jumped on that yet because I still haven't even played Super Scribblenauts on the DS yet, though I did play the original. From what I gather they have refined the formula for this Wii U release so I'm sure it will be a good game. The strange thing about this game is that you can play it pretty much just on the pad without looking at the TV - so that might be a nice game to have for when the TV is being used for other stuff.

For me, personally, I don't care if I use the gamepad for it or not, but I know to other people the multi-player use of it might be a selling point.

#1497 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

I agree, from what I see it's just a generic fps with tacked on WiiU gimmicks

Normally I'd be the first to cry "gimmick", but from what I've seen it looks as though the use of the gamepad might actually enhance the gameplay and bring something different to the table. I don't know, might still be a gimmick, but as long as it's fun I'd be on board.

I'm hoping we get some early reviews on Zombie U. If it's coming out in the low to mid 70's on metacritic, I'll probably flip my paid-off pre-order over to Black Ops 2 or Halo 4. I would really like to get 2 games aside from Nintendo Land if I'm getting the system at launch, since it's mostly going to be for my use and it looks like 2/3 of the Nintendo Land games will be multi-player focused.

#1498 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

I think my issue with Wii U is simply that outside of NSMB 2, I dont see much that I would play soon after release. I'm waiting for Pikmin 3 and Smash Bros like most Nintendo fans are, so I think better deals will be had soon after release. Nintendo will have copies around again for Christmas, and even in the first quarter of 2013 I think some systems will be available.

#1499 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hmmm...

So MH3 HD is a launch day release for Japan, but wont be released this year in NA?

#1500 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Are you getting the system at launch? If so, imo NSBM is one of the two "no brainers" to get if there is one. It's Mario, it's a first-party title so you know it'll utilize the gamepad well, and...it's fucking Mario in HD

Did you olay NSMB 2 for the 3DS? It could induce narcolepsy in insomniacs. It's so easy my dog could beat it by pressing random buttons. And worst of all, it's not fun, it's just a sorry rehash of a gane that wasn't so hot in the first place. What makes you think the Wii U version will be any better?