The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1621 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

HOLY CRAP! I had no idea this was coming for the Wii U. Take my money now, please!

I completely agree!! I think I might be more excited for this than the wii u launch :bouncy:

Edited by Zazoo, 21 September 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#1622 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?

#1623 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Interest free loan =\= preorder. I'll be paying the same amount, and I really could give two plops if GS makes any interest off it or not. I just prefer making payments here and there over dropping it all at once on the 18th. I feel like it makes the launch go smoother, knowing that it's already paid and I just need to pick it up and take it home.

This. I don't plan on going to gamestop on November 18th with more than my driver's license and maybe $20. I'm already going to be protecting my shiny new console.

I need a new signature.

#1624 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?

I reserved a non-bundle as well as a bundle. Both state they will ship on the 18th; arrive from the 21st to 26th.

#1625 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

It is pretty embarrassing playing with a 3DS in public if you're an adult. Most adults consider nintendo product a kids toy.
It's the equivalent of a grown man playing with a barbie doll in public.

I'm pretty sure the man-child will argue this fact.

Seriously? Who cares what some one else thinks, especially randomly in public. If this bothers you that much you should be the embarrassed one. Sounds childish and narcissistic. It's like some sort of anorexia.

#1626 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Just in response to return on investment. Someone sold a deluxe for $900 on eBay. Technically people could just sell the pre-orders they made and pay off there own cost for the system...

#1627 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Likewise, I've been making regular down payments on my Wii U. I'm content with knowing the weight's off my shoulders and it'll be paid for well before its release. In addition, I can get a better idea of how many more games I'm open to pre-ordering (for both WiiU and other consoles).

I think this has been said before, but if $350 is enough that paying it off is a "weight off your shoulders", should you really be spending it on a new video game console?

#1628 mangas

mangas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

toysrus has basic 2 game bundle up for preorder

#1629 elrobo8

elrobo8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Basic only. TRU exhausted their pre order supply of deluxe bundles this past Sunday.

You sure? One of my friends was able too preorder one Tuesday, and we've still got the Deluxe preorder slips out in my district.

#1630 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Just in response to return on investment. Someone sold a deluxe for $900 on eBay. Technically people could just sell the pre-orders they made and pay off there own cost for the system...

Some orders never get paid.

#1631 mangas

mangas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

BB has regular up for preorder

#1632 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think this has been said before, but if $350 is enough that paying it off is a "weight off your shoulders", should you really be spending it on a new video game console?

It's more a matter of secuirity and not worrying about doing anything but picking up your console with just your I.D. or pro rewards card on hand. I dont see what the problem is if people decide to pay in full or make payments as the release approaches.I really dont see reason for any argument here.

#1633 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Some orders never get paid.

Auction in question was "buy it now" which sellers can opt to have the buyer pay in full upon purchase.

#1634 tonybonjovi

tonybonjovi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Auction in question was "buy it now" which sellers can opt to have the buyer pay in full upon purchase.

Yeah...And if there is some sort of screw up with pre-orders...and there always is...you gonna have some mighty pissed off people. Ebay should not even be allowing people to post these auctions since really this thing doesn't even exist yet! Then again...ebay and paypal get their cut..what the hell do they care!

#1635 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

You sure? One of my friends was able too preorder one Tuesday, and we've still got the Deluxe preorder slips out in my district.

Yes, all stores were sent an email on Sunday that said to remove and destroy the slips that had both systems on them, and replace them with new slips with only the basic model.

#1636 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Yeah...And if there is some sort of screw up with pre-orders...and there always is...you gonna have some mighty pissed off people. Ebay should not even be allowing people to post these auctions since really this thing doesn't even exist yet! Then again...ebay and paypal get their cut..what the hell do they care!

I wouldn't say always. I have put many pre-orders up on eBay. Still have 100% feedback. Though this system is an exceptional case with the current level of rarity, I doubt many of the sellers believe they wont be getting the console. Some of them may have been the first to actually pre-order. Personally, I would not list an item that is this rare until i had it on hand.

The basic model which is still mildly availabe is listed for even more than the deluxe.

#1637 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

This. I don't plan on going to gamestop on November 18th with more than my driver's license and maybe $20. I'm already going to be protecting my shiny new console.

This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.

#1638 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.

get a gun permit

#1639 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

It's more a matter of secuirity and not worrying about doing anything but picking up your console with just your I.D. or pro rewards card on hand. I dont see what the problem is if people decide to pay in full or make payments as the release approaches.I really dont see reason for any argument here.

Thank you- those are my exact sentiments. No need for any senseless debates. :applause:

fs_overall.png

#1640 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

I was shown the waiting list today while at my local GS. There were already about 75 names on it (2.5 pages on a legal pad). The clerk told me every store in the city (8) sold out of preorders w/in 24 hours. He also told me each store would only be getting a few extra consoles. It's going to be a mad rush on the 18th.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#1641 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I think at this point there are clearly a number of preorders being made by resellers hoping to hit it big but on the other hand this seems to be early indications of a potential hit. Time will tell but seeing these preorders selling out has me optimistic about the WiiU's future. The other nice part about this preorder sales success is that it potentially indicates to developers that there is interest in the system which will spur them into developing for the system that much sooner.

#1642 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

They've been cancelling most of them, as their policy is that you have to be able to have the item to the buyer within 30 days of the auction ending

#1643 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

People buying preorders off eBay are just stupid. The buyer protection that eBay gives its buyers only lasts 45 days. So you have to file a claim with eBay / PayPal within 45 days if you have yet to receive your item. If you buy a preorder for something like the Wii U and it doesn't come out until mid November, you are screwing yourself. What if when the Wii U comes out the seller doesn't bother sending you the console? Answer: you are out of luck since you are out of the 45 day max period to file a claim for not receiving your item.

People really should have patience when it comes to stuff like this. I also don't want to hear about people who missed your chance to preorder. My GameStop called me the day preorders came out to inform me to place a preorder. I mean seriously only $25 down if you are a powerup rewards member? That's chump change if you have any sort of job.

#1644 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

I still think GCN had the better launch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Especially with Smash Bros. Icing on the cake. We didn't even get a sequel until Wii U. *sigh* and it will probaly be at LEAST two years before we get it. Once can dream though.

If I were in charge of the Wii U launch: Rogue Squadroon IV, Smash Bros IV, Super Mario U (haven't had a launch 3d mario game in over a decade)
Posted Image

#1645 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

I still think GCN had the better launch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Especially with Smash Bros. Icing on the cake. We didn't even get a sequel until Wii U. *sigh* and it will probaly be at LEAST two years before we get it. Once can dream though.

If I were in charge of the Wii U launch: Rogue Squadroon IV, Smash Bros IV, Super Mario U (haven't had a launch 3d mario game in over a decade)

Did you really just ignore the existence of Brawl? One of the best games on the Wii, and my personal favorite game of all time? For shame!

#1646 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Did you really just ignore the existence of Brawl? One of the best games on the Wii, and my personal favorite game of all time? For shame!

I actually disliked Brawl. It was kinda...meh. I disliked Smash attacks, and hated that most of the characters were essentially the same from last time. Ganondorf still a copy of captain falcon. It just was more of a......a 2.0 than a full blown sequel IMO. Felt like if the GCN had a hardrive then it would be possible (a la N64DD) I was a HUGE Melee fan though.
Posted Image

#1647 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I actually disliked Brawl. It was kinda...meh. I disliked Smash attacks, and hated that most of the characters were essentially the same from last time. Ganondorf still a copy of captain falcon. It just was more of a......a 2.0 than a full blown sequel IMO. Felt like if the GCN had a hardrive then it would be possible (a la N64DD) I was a HUGE Melee fan though.

Agree to disagree I guess. I just love all the smash games but Brawl is by far my favorite. And I actually really likes the Subspace Emissary and I hope the next game gets a sequel to it. I know most people thought Subspace was pretty average, but I LOVE sides rollers and one built on the smash engine with all those characters was a dream come true for me. I still remember how excited I was for that game. Me and 14 friends went to the midnight launch...we got there at 4pm. We had three coolers, ordered pizza, and built a basketball hoop out of a bucket, tape, and chair that we got at the dollar store next to GS. It was a blast. We all played in the tournament and my buddy nearly won. It was a lot of fun seeing as how it was the first time any of us had played Smash with a wii remote and nobody knew the controls. That launch was such a blast. Low point was when some nerdy thick glasses dude came up to one of my friends and asked her "if you're a real girl gamer can I have your number?". She pretended she didn't play games and was just there to hang out with us, lol.

I remember checking the Smash dojo every night for the update and spending hours on the smash world forums. I have out more hours into Brawl matches alone than probably any other game this generation, and it's not like I don't play my other games a TON. Damn I love that game.

#1648 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Agree to disagree I guess. I just love all the smash games but Brawl is by far my favorite. And I actually really likes the Subspace Emissary and I hope the next game gets a sequel to it. I know most people thought Subspace was pretty average, but I LOVE sides rollers and one built on the smash engine with all those characters was a dream come true for me. I still remember how excited I was for that game. Me and 14 friends went to the midnight launch...we got there at 4pm. We had three coolers, ordered pizza, and built a basketball hoop out of a bucket, tape, and chair that we got at the dollar store next to GS. It was a blast. We all played in the tournament and my buddy nearly won. It was a lot of fun seeing as how it was the first time any of us had played Smash with a wii remote and nobody knew the controls. That launch was such a blast. Low point was when some nerdy thick glasses dude came up to one of my friends and asked her "if you're a real girl gamer can I have your number?". She pretended she didn't play games and was just there to hang out with us, lol.

I remember checking the Smash dojo every night for the update and spending hours on the smash world forums. I have out more hours into Brawl matches alone than probably any other game this generation, and it's not like I don't play my other games a TON. Damn I love that game.

Oh no I'm not saying it wasn't awesome. It was. Subspace is what I wanted Adventure mode to be in the first place. I guess...... I made the mistake of being too big of a fan setting expectations to high. Like I imagined this huge online component. I followed it every day. I even made a calendar for Brawl ( somewhere in my house!). I'll probally buy it again with the Wii U. It's just high expectations and waiting 6+ years is kinda like waiting for Star Wars Ep 1 after seeing that legendary poster.

#1649 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

Technically, Melee wasn't available at the GameCube's launch - it came out two weeks later.
Posted Image

#1650 io

io

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

^ You know, this "launch window" nonsense from Nintendo is pretty annoying when by that they mean through March (or later). But I think 2 weeks afterwards pretty much counts as a launch title. I'd say anything the first month is a launch title and the term "launch window" should be, uh, terminated ;).

These are good points. I think I'll go in beforehand and pay off the rest (with my GS credit) so there is nothing I have to deal with when I pick up my preorder. I suppose I'll still have my PUR card with me anyway (though it doesn't haev nearly enough to pay off the system - I have my credit split onto multiple cards). My GS is in a pretty safe place, but you never know.

I definitely want there to be a midnight launch though. I remember getting my Wii at midnight and going home and hooking it up late at night when everyone else was asleep and messing around with those cool new Mii things ;). Plus I got a ton of friend code exchanges via CAG because it was new and shiny. Hell, I even got Cheapy to exchange friends codes. I think he has since trashed (literally) his Wii system and the memory on mine went corrupt so I lost all those codes (had 1000's in my Mii Parade when it died that I also lost), but it was fun for the first year. It then grew into disappointment when you couldn't really do anything with all those friends on your friends list... But hopefully they fix all that this time around.

By the way, the memory going currupt also led to me losing all progress on Brawl and Animal Crossing. I never played either game again after that and in fact I will not get into any game on the Wii or Wii U if they have locked, uncopyable saves. That memory corruption thing was obviously a flaw in their OS design and I seriously hope they don't have that issue with the Wii U or at the very least that we can back up any and all saves.