The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1651 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Technically, Melee wasn't available at the GameCube's launch - it came out two weeks later.

4 weeks here. Launch.... Window I should say. When my parents got it for my birthday it was my first gcn title.:)

#1652 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Sigh... gonna need to get screen protectors and put them on.

#1653 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

This too. I'm more freaking out more about getting mugged than getting a console. I'd rather pay it off beforehand and come with pretty much what you're coming with. This is also why I'm sort of hoping there isn't a midnight launch. I'd like not having to wake up early for a store opening, but at the same time I'd rather not risk walking through a pitch black parking lot.

Or hopefully GameStop and other stores doing preorders hires some security. Or at least do what a previous poster mentioned and have people just drive up to the door and pickup their consoles/games.

Bring a GAP or H&M bag or something like that to throw it in or, if you don't have anything like that laying around, an old gym duffle bag. As long as you don't advertise "hey, I've got a Wii U" by carrying around a GameStop bag, you should be fine. If I lived in an area where public transportation was the only sane way to travel (just the opposite here in FL), I'd probably do something like this just for peace of mind.

#1654 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Bring a GAP or H&M bag or something like that to throw it in or, if you don't have anything like that laying around, an old gym duffle bag. As long as you don't advertise "hey, I've got a Wii U" by carrying around a GameStop bag, you should be fine. If I lived in an area where public transportation was the only sane way to travel (just the opposite here in FL), I'd probably do something like this just for peace of mind.

How do you know someone wont rob you for those new khakis and polo shirt? Its a crazy world.

#1655 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

People buying preorders off eBay are just stupid. The buyer protection that eBay gives its buyers only lasts 45 days. So you have to file a claim with eBay / PayPal within 45 days if you have yet to receive your item. If you buy a preorder for something like the Wii U and it doesn't come out until mid November, you are screwing yourself. What if when the Wii U comes out the seller doesn't bother sending you the console? Answer: you are out of luck since you are out of the 45 day max period to file a claim for not receiving your item.

People really should have patience when it comes to stuff like this. I also don't want to hear about people who missed your chance to preorder. My GameStop called me the day preorders came out to inform me to place a preorder. I mean seriously only $25 down if you are a powerup rewards member? That's chump change if you have any sort of job.

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous to buy a preorder off e-bay of that amount. Especially now because someone could take your money and well nothing you can do about it because of the 45 day period. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of scumbags were actually trying this, seeing if people could bite then shaft them because you had your chance to file a complaint period is over.

Also there were more then enough chances to preorder. Gamestop.com had preorders of the 32 GB model for over 3 days, and when Gamestop.com stopped taking preorders, Wal Mart.com started. Plus I mean I don't follow gaming sites religiously but even just following Nintendo on facebook would of told you hey, Wii-U news. Better look for preorders.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1656 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

I was able to order the Deluxe in the Walmart bundle. However is says it will arrive on the 28th of November. :(
Order it about 4:00pm Central time today.

The people who where able to order the deluxe without the bundle are the arrive dates the same as mine?

I preordered deluxe bundle with pro controller and super mario U tues morning. It said estimated time of arrival is november 21st-29th. I keep checking the email and it says should receive by november 29th. I'll be kind of shocked if I get a system by mid december though because I'm afraid I waited a bit too long to preorder. I guess it depends on how many units walmart have in their warehouses on launch day. I also wonder if walmart puts online orders over in store stocking because if so I can't imagine there being any Wii U consoles on the store shelves.

#1657 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Looks like Best Buy's website is no longer taking pre-orders for either model for shipping or in-store pickup. This is a bit of a good sign for those of us who pre-ordered through the website, as it shows that maybe they DO know their limits as far as pre-orders go.

Stoked to play the first ever Mario game in HD.

#1658 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Looks like Best Buy's website is no longer taking pre-orders for either model for shipping or in-store pickup. This is a bit of a good sign for those of us who pre-ordered through the website, as it shows that maybe they DO know their limits as far as pre-orders go.

Stoked to play the first ever Mario game in HD.

Me too. I can't wait for it. I just hope my wii component cable hooked up to my HDTV will pass a 720p signal. If not then I will have to buy a hdmi switch being as my 32" westinghouse has only 1 hdmi which my launch ps3 is using. My halo reach 360 is using 1 component and the Wii the other component.

#1659 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Me too. I can't wait for it. I just hope my wii component cable hooked up to my HDTV will pass a 720p signal. If not then I will have to buy a hdmi switch being as my 32" westinghouse has only 1 hdmi which my launch ps3 is using. My halo reach 360 is using 1 component and the Wii the other component.

If it doesn't, Nintendo is just being stubborn (and, well, Nintendo tends to be stubborn). Good news is you can get a three port HDMI switcher for $10 now...some of them even come with a remote). And, HDMI cables are like $2 from monoprice. I've actually thought about buying an HDMI switch for my tv just so I only have one video cable running to the back of my tv. It'd be nice to reduce cable clutter to one HDMI cable behind my tv.

#1660 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

If it doesn't, Nintendo is just being stubborn (and, well, Nintendo tends to be stubborn). Good news is you can get a three port HDMI switcher for $10 now...some of them even come with a remote). And, HDMI cables are like $2 from monoprice. I've actually thought about buying an HDMI switch for my tv just so I only have one video cable running to the back of my tv. It'd be nice to reduce cable clutter to one HDMI cable behind my tv.

Oh, didn't know they were $10 for a switcher. I have to do that for the Wii-U because I already have my 2 ports full.
Posted Image

#1661 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Oh, didn't know they were $10 for a switcher. I have to do that for the Wii-U because I already have my 2 ports full.

It's like every other electronics accessory. If you go to Best Buy, it's going to cost you $50-75. If you go to Monoprice.com, Amazon, or some place like DealExtreme, it's probably gonna cost a fraction of the price. I know I saw a 3 port switcher w/ remote for $9 on Amazon the other day. I don't know what the active switchers are priced these days, which are the best (they sense information on the HDMI channel and automatically switch for you when you turn on your console).

FWIW, I buy all my cables through Monoprice. They're all dirt cheap, you can pick just about any length/color you'd ever want, and everything I've ordered is pretty high quality. High enough quality to where you don't know how they do it for the price.

#1662 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

It's like every other electronics accessory. If you go to Best Buy, it's going to cost you $50-75. If you go to Monoprice.com, Amazon, or some place like DealExtreme, it's probably gonna cost a fraction of the price. I know I saw a 3 port switcher w/ remote for $9 on Amazon the other day. I don't know what the active switchers are priced these days, which are the best (they sense information on the HDMI channel and automatically switch for you when you turn on your console).

FWIW, I buy all my cables through Monoprice. They're all dirt cheap, you can pick just about any length/color you'd ever want, and everything I've ordered is pretty high quality. High enough quality to where you don't know how they do it for the price.

Oh yeah, I know Monoprice for cables. I am just used to input switchers for PC (KVM switchers) costing a fortune. I will have to look closer to launch.
Posted Image

#1663 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Got a good laugh out of this. And I did pre-order the Wii U, but it's still funny.

http://www.dorkly.co...d-for-the-wii-u

#1664 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Got a good laugh out of this. And I did pre-order the Wii U, but it's still funny.

http://www.dorkly.co...d-for-the-wii-u

:lol: especially the eBay Hoarders and Internet Commenters

#1665 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Considering half the people in this thread (and those who preordered) will probably flip theirs, I'd much rather it go to a kid.

60% of all statistics on the internet are made up!

The percent of pre-orders going to flippers is all speculation at this point and since we don't know how many consoles will be available at launch, the point is moot. Bottom line, is people who pre-ordered should get the first crack at purchasing the system. If the store doesn't get enough to fulfill someones pre-order, that's one thing. However, people who pre-ordered didn't put money down to be entered into a store lottery system.

People who support flippers are to blame for the flip phenomenon. It's not like getting tickets to a concert where there's a finite number of tickets available. Show some restraint if you can't get it on day 1, they'll make more.

BTW - I pre-ordered one deluxe and plan to keep it.

Edited by elvis731, 21 September 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#1666 TURDGAMER

TURDGAMER

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

I preordered 1 deluxe from gamestop shortly after they put it up so I should get it at launch. I then ordered my games from New egg for 47.99 with a promo code. I ordered about 15 of them because I wanted to get the deal and am not sure which ones I will keep.

#1667 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Weird, Bestbuy just charged my credit card again for the Deluxe even though they removed the first authorization. I hope Bestbuy won't be randomly charging my card and then removing the charge. Amazon, PLEASE start taking preorders!

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#1668 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Bestbuy is notorious for backorders. I wouldn't trust them just a piece of advice.

#1669 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Weird, Bestbuy just charged my credit card again for the Deluxe even though they removed the first authorization. I hope Bestbuy won't be randomly charging my card and then removing the charge. Amazon, PLEASE start taking preorders!

That authorization will be charged then removed IIRC about every 2 weeks till they do a final charge when the item ships. If you have problem with authorizing you could also possible lose the pre order, so it kinda sucks with that issue.

#1670 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Bestbuy is notorious for backorders. I wouldn't trust them just a piece of advice.

Yep. A lot of iPhone 5 folks are finding that out the hard way.

#1671 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

not sure if this has been asked but has anyone pre-ordered the wii u from gamestop then after the initial pre-order try to trade in a wii console and get the $50 for it? I tried today and the guy said you had to trade it in when doing the initial pre-order?

#1672 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

not sure if this has been asked but has anyone pre-ordered the wii u from gamestop then after the initial pre-order try to trade in a wii console and get the $50 for it? I tried today and the guy said you had to trade it in when doing the initial pre-order?

True statement. Part of the reason why they pulled the trade-in promo when all the pre-orders sold out.

#1673 Xuchilbara

Xuchilbara

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thank you- those are my exact sentiments. No need for any senseless debates. :applause:

At least this forum is milestones ahead of yahoo in way of class (I know, thats not saying much...). On yahoo the argument pretty much somehow turned into a racial debate in less than 15 posts.

#1674 Belarr

Belarr

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

Gamestop.com Basic Preorders now sold out.

http://www.gamestop....asic-set/104795

Updated the wiki.

#1675 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

At least this forum is milestones ahead of yahoo in way of class (I know, thats not saying much...). On yahoo the argument pretty much somehow turned into a racial debate in less than 15 posts.

That or denouncing all forms of religion. Yahoo comments sometimes just scare me altogether.

I need a new signature.

#1676 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

At GS right now, they started a waitlist for Wii U console orders. No deposit required.

#1677 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

At GS right now, they started a waitlist for Wii U console orders. No deposit required.

Nice! :D

#1678 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm out of stuff I would never play again to trade-in. Got less than half to pay for in cash...or Gamestop gift cards that I can buy from Amazon which I have like $43 in credit there.

#1679 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Looks like my Target preorder didn't get charged to my card. Maybe they will wait for shipping time..... :)

#1680 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Guy at gamestop yesterday was trying to get customers on the waiting list even though they weren't even there for anything Nintendo related.

I asked my BB if they are doing a midnight launch and as of right now they don't know but would likely depend on how many preorders they had. He wasn't sure how many preorders they had for their store.