The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1711 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

I talked to a rep on the phone and they said that they cannot hold the money past 7 days, so the money will be released and then charged every week until launch. Please Amazon take my money!

Wow you would think BB could handle things better, they are such a horribly run outfit. I don't buy much there anymore at all.
Posted Image

#1712 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

I just got my check today, so tomorrow I will go pre order at Gamestop. I know a lot of people are looking down on the system, but day one for me.

#1713 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Yeah, I'm getting super excited for this thing. I will be off from work on release weekend so I am really pumped. Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday to hold me over.. The 3D is better than I was expecting.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#1714 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

I just got my check today, so tomorrow I will go pre order at Gamestop. I know a lot of people are looking down on the system, but day one for me.

I'm pretty sure GS is sold out for both the deluxe and basic consoles. They are doing a wait list though with no deposit required.

#1715 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

EPIC FAIL http://mynintendonew...ops-nationwide/

#1716 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm pretty sure GS is sold out for both the deluxe and basic consoles. They are doing a wait list though with no deposit required.

FML, I guess I will go to best buy

#1717 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

FML, I guess I will go to best buy

FML, I just notice on their website

#1718 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

FML, I just notice on their website

Check your local BB or TRU, you may get lucky, other than that, May the Line be with you

#1719 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

So happy I preordered now.
Posted Image

#1720 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

Damn, I was going to trade in my xbox for the wii u promo but I guess thats out of the question.

This is what I get for laggin.

#1721 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

They aren't sold out. Retailers do not know how many they will get, so they only took a very limited number of preorders.

#1722 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

They aren't sold out. Retailers do not know how many they will get, so they only took a very limited number of preorders.

So...they're sold out of their pre-orders.

#1723 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Pre ordered at my local toys R us today

#1724 thepoetvd776

thepoetvd776

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

I just came from Toys R Us, and saw the pre-order tickets there. Picked up 2, and went to the register.

Rang up as $999.99 each. Cashier calls manager and he says, "Its because they are all sold out on pre-orders. Just come the day of release we should have extra"

I had victory right in my hands...

#1725 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I just came from Toys R Us, and saw the pre-order tickets there. Picked up 2, and went to the register.

Rang up as $999.99 each. Cashier calls manager and he says, "Its because they are all sold out on pre-orders. Just come the day of release we should have extra"

I had victory right in my hands...

And this is why Toys R Us is like shopping at a third world country.

#1726 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hrmph.. Rayman Legends went from being a launch day game to being released on 12/4?

http://www.amazon.co...n legends wii u

Newegg/Gamestop has the same date.

#1727 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hrmph.. Rayman Legends went from being a launch day game to being released on 12/4?

New launch day list:

It is now: http://www.g4tv.com/...er-18/#readmore

Oh, and:

Posted Image
...it might as well be called that with all the ubi launch titles for it.

#1728 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

New launch day list:

Oh, and:

Posted Image
...it might as well be called that with all the ubi launch titles for it.

Yeah like I said why does amazon and newegg show 12/4 and this website shows launch day?

#1729 bahgee

bahgee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just got a cancellation notice from Target - email says there was a problem with your order. They are not open until 11AM CST for me to find out why. It was for the deluxe.

#1730 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

PSA: Amazon is now finally showing Wii U Black Ops 2 for pre-order, and is also offering free release day delivery (Nov 19).

#1731 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

So if you haven't put down a preorder for a Deluxe what's your best bet of scoring one launch day? I preordered the Basic but want the Deluxe.

#1732 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Just got a cancellation notice from Target - email says there was a problem with your order. They are not open until 11AM CST for me to find out why. It was for the deluxe.

And so it begins...

#1733 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

So if you haven't put down a preorder for a Deluxe what's your best bet of scoring one launch day? I preordered the Basic but want the Deluxe.

As already mentioned, you can get in line at one of the big stores for release day.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same stores keep just a handful of consoles for black friday as well. Considering how they are always looking for doorbusters to make them the place to go, I would expect a few Wii U to be held a week or so for Black Friday. So you may have 2 shots at sleeping out for a console.
Posted Image

#1734 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I hadn't seen it mentioned here but regarding the Gamestop wait list:

"Those on the wait list cannot put money down on a console, may reserve no more than two Wii U systems, and must pay for the system in full within 48 hours of being notified of its availability. To top it off, all registrations for the wait list are done in-person at any GameStop location."

#1735 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, so I paid off my deluxe WiiU and white Pro Controller (because I'm such a rebel) at Gamestop. Silly people not getting to stores on time. Have fun waiting around or waiting at Ebay.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#1736 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

I got an email from amazon that ZombiU is now avaliable for release day delivery. It's listed to arrive on November 13th.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#1737 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

why does amazon have the wii u controller pad for preorder, but not that actual wii u, LOL http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=wii u

#1738 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Somehow I entirely missed the hoopla about the WiiU pre-orders starting (other than getting the email from Amazon) and I remain entirely blah about the whole situation. I think there's a lot of potential in the system and I wouldn't mind having a Deluxe safely on pre-order, but when I take a step back, there's not a lot at launch (or in the launch window) that I really care about.

I guess it makes me a bit of an addict when I still would jump on a pre-order if I came across one that was from a reputable place that didn't require any goofy bundles. (I don't know if I consider Toys R Us reputable ;) )

#1739 francobash

francobash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Had been out of town for a training class for my job, and missed out at pre-ordering at the gamestop that I regularly frequent. Went in to pickup TTT2 that I had pre-ordered and one of the workers that I have known now for a few years, lets me know that he had tried to get a hold of me when the Wii U pre-orders went live and could not get a hold of me, so he went ahead and put a deposit on a deluxe Wii U for me. Thanks go out to W. for the hook up and always holding things that he thinks I would be interested in.

#1740 rentacop

rentacop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Any retailers say for sure if there will be consoles provided for lineups at launch? Didn't pay attention to preorder talk so that seems to be my best option now.