The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1741 Nibi

Nibi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Just pre-ordered a basic console at Nintendo World. They only have basic pre-orders left and I decided to pick one up because I know I will have family members scrambling and calling me near launch trying to find one.
Current Hypewagon pick-
Spoiler

#1742 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Just got a cancellation notice from Target - email says there was a problem with your order. They are not open until 11AM CST for me to find out why. It was for the deluxe.

Damn dude. This happened to me once, it was because I ordered something but forgot I deactivated the debit card used with the purchase. At least Amazon gives you a couple days to fix it, they don't outright cancel it.

I would be pissed beyond belief, Everyone working for the Target corporation would know my name and number for the rest of their lives.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1743 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

That's why I put money down with cash.

Anyways, what are the chances that the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 goes on sale on Black Friday like the PS3 and 360 versions obviously will? I'm honestly counting on it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1744 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Why is it so obvious it will go on sale?

#1745 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Because the Assassin's Creed games always go on sale on Black Friday.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#1746 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

It's an Ubisoft game...it'll be $15 the day after it's released.

#1747 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

Because the Assassin's Creed games always go on sale on Black Friday.

this is accurate they are always at least $40 maybe even $35 on some occasions

#1748 Sonic2k2

Sonic2k2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

You guys think the basic console will get/be limited and sell out?

#1749 io

io

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

You guys think the basic console will get/be limited and sell out?

Through Christmas for sure, yeah.

#1750 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

yes wal mart will likely be that store that people can wait in line for that didnt preorder...now when that line starts who knows

#1751 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

I work in electronics at walmart, they didnt even know it was coming out, and no they dont do preorders for it at all, thats why i preordered my deluxe wii u at gamestop day 1. also got mario, scribblenauts, pikmin 3, black ops 2, and zombiu. cant wait for launch

#1752 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I just went to my local Walmart and I asked if I still could preorder the Wii U and they said that they dont do preorders that will have it available on launch day. Could this mean in launch day I could go and find one? My local Walmart is always open 24/7 so will they sell it on midnight? How much early should I be on the store?

In the past Wal-Mart hasn't done Midnight releases...instead they tend to wait until later in the morning to launch. I'm not saying that will be the case this time, and I'm not 100% sure what the rationale behind their launch time is, but that's what I've observed in the past. And, knowing Wal-Mart, details are VERY likely to change store to store unless they put a specific time in their flyer.

#1753 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for that! I will be on the store since the 17th morning. Now I dont need to sell my gaming laptop to buy a overpriced one on eBay. I will ask for those two days(17th & 18th) off on my work since today. I've seen videos of the Wii launch lately and wow those were BIG lines.

I don't see the wii u being nearly as big. Nintendo hasn't been doing a big marketing push. Right now the biggest driving forces are word of mouth and signs saying that preorders for the console are closed.

#1754 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

When I went to pay some on my wiiu preorder at gamestop they told me that their store was only getting 6 wiiu's to preorder. Sounds like a very limited run to me. They didn't mention if it was 6 deluxes (like I have ordered) or 6 all together though.

#1755 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

When I went to pay some on my wiiu preorder at gamestop they told me that their store was only getting 6 wiiu's to preorder. Sounds like a very limited run to me. They didn't mention if it was 6 deluxes (like I have ordered) or 6 all together though.

It could be this, it could be that corporate has only told them to only allow that many pre-orders no matter how many they're actually getting. News stations showing lines down the street outside of your store makes for a lot better press than no lines at all, because all the systems are pre-ordered and everyone is casually coming in Sunday morning to pick up their console.

#1756 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I just got an e-mail from Play-Asia about their Wii U pre-orders. Basically you get on a reservation list right now, and then when pre-orders start, they'll let people on the reservation list make a pre-order. Here is the page for the Wii U Deluxe (US Version):

http://www.play-asia...en-70-5dup.html

#1757 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'll pick up a WiiU if there's a Tales Of game made exclusively for it. Or Mega Man Legends 3 (I can dream, can't I?)!

#1758 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I just got an e-mail from Play-Asia about their Wii U pre-orders. Basically you get on a reservation list right now, and then when pre-orders start, they'll let people on the reservation list make a pre-order. Here is the page for the Wii U Deluxe (US Version):

http://www.play-asia...en-70-5dup.html

Can only imagine what they will charge for it, as much as Ebay and Amazon Scalpers from past experience.
Posted Image

#1759 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Toys R Us has some of the Wii U games for 20% off with free shipping if you buy $150 worth of them. Mario being the most notable.

#1760 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Not sure if this was posted yet, but: http://www.gamestop....nding/wiiuwait/

#1761 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Not sure if this was posted yet, but: http://www.gamestop....nding/wiiuwait/

Man sucks to be stuck with that.

#1762 NRoos

NRoos

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Toys R Us offering 20% on purchases over $150. Only 2 Wii U games quality. But 3 games you save around $35

#1763 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'll pick up a WiiU if there's a Tales Of game made exclusively for it. Or Mega Man Legends 3 (I can dream, can't I?)!

Tales games aren't good enough to justify a console purchase.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#1764 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Tales games aren't good enough to justify a console purchase.

Agreed. Most overrated series of all-time...at least on this generation.

#1765 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Cant wait for launch day, hope gamestop has a midnight launch, if they dont, i'll head to walmart to watch the craziness happen.

#1766 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

In the past Wal-Mart hasn't done Midnight releases...instead they tend to wait until later in the morning to launch. I'm not saying that will be the case this time, and I'm not 100% sure what the rationale behind their launch time is, but that's what I've observed in the past. And, knowing Wal-Mart, details are VERY likely to change store to store unless they put a specific time in their flyer.

I think Walmart does the voucher thing like Target. After the line forms, they hand out vouchers for however many systems they have to each person in line (limit 1 per person). Then you come back later to pick it up, say around 8am. Walmart doesn't want a mile long line in the electronics department during business hours.

#1767 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Toys R Us has some of the Wii U games for 20% off with free shipping if you buy $150 worth of them. Mario being the most notable.

Wii U Pro Controller qualifies also. TRU seems to have the wrong picture up though.

Two controllers and Mario together will bring you above the $150 requirement.

#1768 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

I don't mean to pile on but how did everyone not preorder here? If you wanted one, were on the fence, didn't want one, its so risk free to have preordered and used the next two months to convince yourself to keep it, let it go or flip it. I always miss out on these things but even I went ahead and preordered day of at best buy for local pickup.

wasn't the preorder fee only $5 for wii-u, if you preorder in bestbuy stores?

#1769 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I don't mean to pile on but how did everyone not preorder here? If you wanted one, were on the fence, didn't want one, its so risk free to have preordered and used the next two months to convince yourself to keep it, let it go or flip it. I always miss out on these things but even I went ahead and preordered day of at best buy for local pickup.

Probably because you get your card "authorized" for the full price right away from some places. Or maybe some people really underestimated the demand, I dunno.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1770 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Wii U Pro Controller qualifies also. TRU seems to have the wrong picture up though.

Two controllers and Mario together will bring you above the $150 requirement.

That is tempting, but the fine print on it excludes presell, video games, and video game hardware I think.

But if they let you check out with the discount, they will probably let you keep it.