• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

What else can you watch on the Gamepad?

#1802 Yaris

Yaris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

GC games on a GC with component cables look a hell of a lot better than GC games on a Wii with component cables.

Really?

#1803 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well I have mine preordered and I will have it paid in full by release day. Just do not know what game I am going to get on launch. That is the hard one. Will have to be a game that is not on the other systems.

#1804 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Really?

It's analog, so it could just come down to the fact that those GameCube component cables were QUALITY cables and most of the Wii component cables are garbage, but GC w/ component looks better on my 32" 4:3 HDTV and my 42" plasma than my Wii does with my Wii component cables. Whether it's cable quality or something deeper in the hardware, I don't know (the GC DID use a special port designed for the component cables), but that's my experience.

#1805 Yaris

Yaris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I see, it could be because the Gamecube component cable had a processing chip inside it whereas the Wii's is inside the console, possibly exposing it to some I/O interference. I have a Gamecube with the component cable and have played GC games on a Wii with the component cable and didn't notice much difference. It's a shame the Wii has such a low resolution, playing it after using dolphin on my high end PC looks really bad.

#1806 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Were you guys using official Wii component cables? Wonder if that makes a difference? (I always wanted official GC cables but never found them cheap.) I do have the official Wii cables though.

#1807 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

So, I got a full refund on my credit card for the BB preorder. I called 1-888-Best-Buy and the lady said the order was fine, but she would need me to read her my card number so it can get charged again, and that the preorder charge occurs every six days. Does that make sense to anyone?

#1808 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Were you guys using official Wii component cables? Wonder if that makes a difference? (I always wanted official GC cables but never found them cheap.) I do have the official Wii cables though.

I'm not, which might be the issue. I could never justify $35 for cables when I didn't know whether they'd make a difference over the $10 ones. My GC component cables were a $10 used find at a GameStop. Man, I never looked back...it made those GC games look AMAZING at the time :).

#1809 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

So, I got a full refund on my credit card for the BB preorder. I called 1-888-Best-Buy and the lady said the order was fine, but she would need me to read her my card number so it can get charged again, and that the preorder charge occurs every six days. Does that make sense to anyone?

You do realize the difference between an actual charge on your credit card and a simple pre-authorization hold to verify you have credit right? Assuming you are like 93% of people on this thread and don't know the difference, what happened is that you were never charged anything. And you weren't refunded anything because you were never charged in the first place. You simply had a pending charge which is basically their way of making sure you actually have money available.

#1810 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

GC with component cables look a hell of a lot better than GC games on a Wii with component cables.

I have NEVER heard of this. Pics or source. Otherwise, they are both the same in quality, however Wii is more convenient because its cable is cheap.

#1811 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

You do realize the difference between an actual charge on your credit card and a simple pre-authorization hold to verify you have credit right? Assuming you are like 93% of people on this thread and don't know the difference, what happened is that you were never charged anything. And you weren't refunded anything because you were never charged in the first place. You simply had a pending charge which is basically their way of making sure you actually have money available.

...Yes, I do realize that. Not sure how this answers my question. I was asking if it sounded right for the BB rep to need my credit card number to recharge the order when I've never had this asked of me for a preorder, ever. Were you able to read my question?

At any rate, I actually got a call from Chase after my post, and they flagged it for fraud. BB also sent an email earlier this morning stating they were having a problem with my order. So a fraud flag actually makes sense and unfortunately, the BB rep didn't know to say that there was a problem with authorization of my order.

Thanks for your response though.

#1812 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

I have NEVER heard of this. Pics or source. Otherwise, they are both the same in quality, however Wii is more convenient because its cable is cheap.

I'd heard of it too. Google it

#1813 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'd heard of it too. Google it

It's difficult to find actual photographic evidence.

#1814 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Never bothered to see if others noticed this. But I noticed it very early on.

Wanted to play GCN games on the Wii so I could put the Gamecube away, but the games didn't look as clean on the Wii as they did on the Gamecube. So I always left both hooked up

Anyway, plan to disconnect the Wii once I get the WiiU. Don't know about the GC yet. Don't use it very much but do play a couple games every now and then (usually PN03 and Viewtiful Joe)

#1815 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

I have 2 wii's hooked up to my main tv, so I will be putting one away. I will still have the following all hooked up:

PS3
Wii
Dreamcast
Blu Ray player
Laptop
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1816 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

I was one of the first to pre-order my Deluxe at GS on 13th I believe. How likely will it be that I will get it on launch day? Just don't want to get screwed over.

#1817 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I was one of the first to pre-order my Deluxe at GS on 13th I believe. How likely will it be that I will get it on launch day? Just don't want to get screwed over.

When I pre-ordered one, I asked the GS employee the same question, to which he earnestly responded, "If you pre-ordered one, you WILL get one on launch day." He also said that they will hold it for 48 hours as is policy. He sounded pretty convincing so I didn't ask him any more than that, but we all know that in reality there's no way to actually know until the system launches.

The only thing you can do (or rather could have done) is pre-order it at more than one different store, just in case.

This is the first time I pre-order a game console, so I don't know how reliable they are from any past experience, though, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like they are the most trustworthy of all the B&M stores in terms of pre-order policies.

#1818 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

If they do the Wii U launch like they do with their games, it might be kinda hard to know what will happen. When you pre order a game, it is most likely that Gamestop will have a copy just for you, but we are talking about a console, which it is not the same thing. The launches of games is first come, first serve, and it doesn't go by who pre ordered first. It goes to who ever is in line outside Gamestop first. If they go this route for the Wii U, I'm sure it will cause problems. I wouldn't bet on Gamestop having a console just for you because of the pre order. I'm sure Gamestops will receive less consoles then expected and many customers will be left dissapointed/angered.

#1819 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

According to some interviews Nintendo has done you'll need to have both the Wii & the Wii U connected to the net at the same time in order to transfer the games between the two systems. You should be able to use an SD card to transfer the saves. The Wii component cable should also do the job to get 720p with the Wii U, the limiting factor with the Wii was the system and not the cable itself. IIRC the Wii also can output a native 1080p signal on specific games that support that resolution.

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly appreciate your interest in finding out more about Wii U so you can be prepared when it is launched! I can tell you Wii U will be compatible with the component cables you have for your Wii console, which should work to output 720p on your TV. In case you were not already aware, the system also comes with a high-speed HDMI cable which is capable of going up to 1080p.

Regarding your question about transferring Wii games and save data, I can tell you that we are planning to make it possible to perform a system transfer from a Wii console to a Wii U console. This process will transfer any Wii Shop Channel purchases over to the new system; however, at this time we do not have more details to know if this will also include any save data on your Wii console. I know you were hoping for a confirmation about this, and I can only recommend that you continue checking our website as more information is released.

It is worth noting that to perform a system transfer from a Wii console to a Wii U will require an Internet connection, an SD card for the Wii U console, and you must have both systems in your possession.

We also do not have any information to suggest if Wii U might have a way to view your play history for games like the Wii console has. Again, I know you were hoping for more information, and I appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns you are welcome to contact us again. In the meantime, everything we have available to share regarding Wii U has been added to our website. On our website you can find additional details, such as the price, many of this system's innovating features, and a lineup of the games that will be released for this magnificent new home console. Here's a direct link:

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

Sincerely,

Crystal L. Odam
Nintendo of America Inc.

#1820 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

thats why i wil be there early as freaking possible on launch day, just to make sure i get one.

#1821 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

If they do the Wii U launch like they do with their games, it might be kinda hard to know what will happen. When you pre order a game, it is most likely that Gamestop will have a copy just for you, but we are talking about a console, which it is not the same thing. The launches of games is first come, first serve, and it doesn't go by who pre ordered first. It goes to who ever is in line outside Gamestop first. If they go this route for the Wii U, I'm sure it will cause problems. I wouldn't bet on Gamestop having a console just for you because of the pre order. I'm sure Gamestops will receive less consoles then expected and many customers will be left dissapointed/angered.

If you preorder something and you pay it off fully and they don't have it for you on day of release, they sold your property. You can't be given a raincheck on something you've fully paid for. At that point you could sue them, among other things. It's a very big problem if it happens and I don't know about you, but I would make sure that whoever did it got fired.

#1822 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

God dammit I had better be able to transfer my 4.5 year Brawl file.

uc.png

#1823 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

When I pre-ordered one, I asked the GS employee the same question, to which he earnestly responded, "If you pre-ordered one, you WILL get one on launch day." He also said that they will hold it for 48 hours as is policy. He sounded pretty convincing so I didn't ask him any more than that, but we all know that in reality there's no way to actually know until the system launches.

The only thing you can do (or rather could have done) is pre-order it at more than one different store, just in case.

This is the first time I pre-order a game console, so I don't know how reliable they are from any past experience, though, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like they are the most trustworthy of all the B&M stores in terms of pre-order policies.

Thanks for the info. It was good.

#1824 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

I pre-ordered my Wii U deluxe from Best Buy with in-store pickup shortly after pre-orders started on day 1. It's been paid in full. They better have one for me when I get there as soon as they open their doors on November 18. I would hope that if anyone that pre-ordered is going to miss out it wouldn't be the ones that ordered as soon as pre-orders started.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#1825 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

I pre-ordered my Wii U deluxe from Best Buy with in-store pickup shortly after pre-orders started on day 1. It's been paid in full. They better have one for me when I get there as soon as they open their doors on November 18. I would hope that if anyone that pre-ordered is going to miss out it wouldn't be the ones that ordered as soon as pre-orders started.

I got the first PO at my BB in-store and I'm even still kind of worried about getting it. I'm going there first, because it's the one I'd rather have, but I have a GS in-store PO and a GS.com PO that will definitely work as backups if I get fucked. I'll have $150 in RZ Certs that I would just LOVE to use on the Wii U.

#1826 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

It's difficult to find actual photographic evidence.

This made me lol.

#1827 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

my mobile version of this thread looks like this

Posted Image
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1828 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

my mobile version of this thread looks like this
{snip}

You can change it back to full-site view. IIRC, the option is at the bottom of the home page for the "mobile site" view

#1829 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Honestly, if I had the spare time I'd do it because I'm curios about it myself now. I'd have to find a pair of official Nintendo Wii Component cables to make it a fair comparison, though. All I know is that GC games just stuck be as not being nearly as sharp when I first got my Wii component cables. Basically, like GC games on a GC w/o component cables.

For all I know, the Wii firmware may not have supported progressive scan for GC games over the component cables around launch and things may have been improved since with a firmware update.

#1830 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Honestly, if I had the spare time I'd do it because I'm curios about it myself now. I'd have to find a pair of official Nintendo Wii Component cables to make it a fair comparison, though. All I know is that GC games just stuck be as not being nearly as sharp when I first got my Wii component cables. Basically, like GC games on a GC w/o component cables.

For all I know, the Wii firmware may not have supported progressive scan for GC games over the component cables around launch and things may have been improved since with a firmware update.

Not to step on your toes but that's all pretty bullshit. Wii component and Gamecube component look the same. There is a full Gamecube inside the Wii, hell all the games now prompt you for progressive scan automatically if it's on Wii.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded