The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1921 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for the reassurance! I imagined I would be. I know others have been burned with GS and preorders, but I never have, so I'm hoping that streak continues.

Same here. Thanks man

I'm more so curious as to how the midnight release/release is gonna get handled.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1922 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, I was told several times since I was the first to pre-order at my store, I will get the first one.

#1923 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Same here. Thanks man

I'm more so curious as to how the midnight release/release is gonna get handled.

If I'm guaranteed one, I don't think I'm doing a midnight launch. Unless I can get my tough, biker-looking dad to join me in line or a small posse to go. I don't feel like getting stabbed and robbed because I'm a Nintendo Nerd.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine pure chaos.

#1924 247

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Only 8 people preordered at my local GS, 4 basic and 4 deluxe.

#1925 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

I figured there'd at least be a commercial or some kind of advertising by now for it.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1926 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

This has probably already been said but... I can't help but laugh to myself at how so many people were "Wii U? Not getting one! No interest! As much as I want to be excited, I'm not! Looks dumb! Too expensive! etc etc etc". Then as soon as preorders went live mostly all you see is "Where can I get one! Did I miss out? Can I still preorder! OMFG what if there's none left on launch, I preordered, but..."

Haha, just funny, sorry...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1927 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

If I'm guaranteed one, I don't think I'm doing a midnight launch. Unless I can get my tough, biker-looking dad to join me in line or a small posse to go. I don't feel like getting stabbed and robbed because I'm a Nintendo Nerd.

In all seriousness, I can only imagine pure chaos.

Haha, i remember how bad the PS3 and 360 launch got at a few places here. Robberies everywhere, by the time I got my Wii, the mall had police walking each person to their car and seeing them off.

Likely gonna take my older brother just to be safe, even though this is the good side of town.

And lol JKSonic, some people dont want things until the hype starts. I was kind of on the fence, but theres a few games I want at launch, I'll have the money, and I dont want to have to wait a month or two to luck out and find one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1928 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Haha, i remember how bad the PS3 and 360 launch got at a few places here. Robberies everywhere, by the time I got my Wii, the mall had police walking each person to their car and seeing them off.

Likely gonna take my older brother just to be safe, even though this is the good side of town.

And lol JKSonic, some people dont want things until the hype starts. I was kind of on the fence, but theres a few games I want at launch, I'll have the money, and I dont want to have to wait a month or two to luck out and find one.

The GS I go to is in a way better part of town than where I live, but I still don't trust the situation. I'd probably only feel safe if I was covered by snipers on my walk back to the car. I may do it, but I would rather go at 10AM. I'll be doing massive amounts of homework that weekend anyway, so I'll probably need those hours spent waiting for that.

#1929 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm one of them that listen to the hype!

Obviously by the profile pic, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. However my Wii is sitting there collecting dust since I only have 3 or 4 games for it out of the years of owning it (mostly use it for classic gaming if anything). So I figured I'll wait to see how people like it before jumping on.

Now that I hear it is selling out everywhere, I want one! Doubt I'll be able to find one though (don't want the basic, trying to get the deluxe).
Posted Image

#1930 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

This has probably already been said but... I can't help but laugh to myself at how so many people were "Wii U? Not getting one! No interest! As much as I want to be excited, I'm not! Looks dumb! Too expensive! etc etc etc". Then as soon as preorders went live mostly all you see is "Where can I get one! Did I miss out? Can I still preorder! OMFG what if there's none left on launch, I preordered, but..."

Thats me almost. I wasnt bashing but I had no interest after E3 to buy one. Even when the Gamestop preorder thread started I didnt bother. Then once Best Buy started selling them I ordered one just because I could. Im still not really hyped about any of the launch titles but I am sure my nephew will enjoy playing.

#1931 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Man, I'm REALLY kicking myself in the butt for not pre-ordering one... I have a $175 Best Buy gift card, but I decided to sit and wait on it to see if I really wanted one. Turns out I do, and it's too late...

Guess I'll just have to hope for the best on the 18th.

#1932 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm one of them that listen to the hype!

Obviously by the profile pic, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. However my Wii is sitting there collecting dust since I only have 3 or 4 games for it out of the years of owning it (mostly use it for classic gaming if anything). So I figured I'll wait to see how people like it before jumping on.

Now that I hear it is selling out everywhere, I want one! Doubt I'll be able to find one though (don't want the basic, trying to get the deluxe).

Just curious how you can be a big Nintendo fan and a classics fan, yet only have 3 or 4 games for your Wii... 3 Mario games + Mario Kart, 2 Zeldas, DKC Returns, and Punch Out pretty much doubles that number, and I wasn't even trying.

#1933 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Just curious how you can be a big Nintendo fan and a classics fan, yet only have 3 or 4 games for your Wii... 3 Mario games + Mario Kart, 2 Zeldas, DKC Returns, and Punch Out pretty much doubles that number, and I wasn't even trying.

Dont forget Brawl, 2 Kirbys, 3 Pokemons, 2 Mario Partys, and 2 anniversary games

#1934 coolflea216

coolflea216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

So when are they going to start advertising? I don't think I've seen one commercial yet. Nobody I know who isn't a hardcore gamer even knows this thing is coming out. I tried to tell them to preorder and I don't think any of them did and they are the ones that will be searching everywhere for one as Xmas gets closer and their kids all start asking for one from Santa.
Posted Image

#1935 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Dont forget Brawl, 2 Kirbys, 3 Pokemons, 2 Mario Partys, and 2 anniversary games

+ 2 metroid games

#1936 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

The motion controls kept me from getting a lot of those.

#1937 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Don't know, the Wii never really attracted me to play. I only have Zelda Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy & 2, and Epic Mickey. I mean if you are questioning my classic games as well, then thats a totally different number. I have tons on there, but even then I guess novelty eventually worn off since like I said, I barely play it anymore.

You gotta realize that Nintendo has been around forever. Just because the newest system didnt do it for me doesn't mean I haven't been a huge fan my whole life.
Posted Image

#1938 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Wii had a lot of great games IMHO, but not in HD and without all the accouterments I got use to on the 360 (friends lists, good online, voice chat, global achievements, etc), and once I'd gotten use to them it was hard to get enthused about the Wii even with good games. That's where I think we all hope the WiiU comes in. I must admit to still being a bit worried that they are going to fall short. Like I would really, really like to hear that the friend codes are effectively gone AND that there are multiple accounts instead of a one per-console account deal. That would royally suck and probably turn me off to the WiiU. Please, please tell me that haven't blown it there again. Hopefully they got it right, though.

#1939 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wii had a lot of great games IMHO, but not in HD and without all the accouterments I got use to on the 360 (friends lists, good online, voice chat, global achievements, etc), and once I'd gotten use to them it was hard to get enthused about the Wii even with good games. That's where I think we all hope the WiiU comes in. I must admit to still being a bit worried that they are going to fall short. Like I would really, really like to hear that the friend codes are effectively gone AND that there are multiple accounts instead of a one per-console account deal. That would royally suck and probably turn me off to the WiiU. Please, please tell me that haven't blown it there again. Hopefully they got it right, though.

Thats probably EXACTLY my problem. I had a 360 before I bought my Wii. That system totally changed the way I play games and offered more than what I got out of the Wii. Don't get me wrong, the games I played were fun, but it felt like it was missing something and what you pointed out is most likely what it is.

From what I read about the WiiU, it is suppose to change the way online gaming is done. They are not expecting it to be the best online experience, but introduce something new that will path the way (gotta admit, Nintendo usually DOES do this). I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer anyway, so I'm really interested in what the hell it is. And I'm sorry if I'm blind and it has been told already, I get my news from my @Gamer magazines :)
Posted Image

#1940 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

The Wii IS a dust collector. Take it from a hardcore Nintendo fan like me, there were definitely 1 year+ droughts almost every other year. The Kirby Collection is finally making me give it some use after almost a year of being dormant.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#1941 io

io

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

The Wii IS a dust collector. Take it from a hardcore Nintendo fan like me, there were definitely 1 year+ droughts almost every other year. The Kirby Collection is finally making me give it some use after almost a year of being dormant.

I see Xenoblade Chronicles on your list of games you are playing. So, surely it must have been dust-free earlier this year for that! I put about 160 hours into that over the summer which is probably more than I played the Wii total in all 5 years up to that point! Being online and having trophies/achievements is nice, some games (like Xenoblade) transcend all that.

#1942 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Good hype by Nintendo whether they sold a ton of preorders or limited them some to create an image that it's going to be a tough find.

I can remember the last time I turned on my wii and now don't get on as much as I like with a one year old son. When I do have some time, I get on the 360 or PS3. I figured I would give the Wii U time to come out and see what games were out and the general reviews. It doesn't matter if I don't get one until sometime next year. But I can't lie, now that the pre orders have sold out so fast and we are getting closer, I regret not pre ordering one. I should have done it just in case I started wanting one sooner. Oh well, live and learn. I can't wait to see the reviews once it's out because I have no intentions of camping out for one. I figure sometime next year I'll be in the right place at the right time and snag one.
Posted Image

#1943 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Was not excited at all at first. Now that it is getting closer and I'm starting to see more videos of it man im getting pumped. I'm already counting down the days. Can't wait!!!

#1944 alexandertyler

alexandertyler

Be Platform Agnostic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

http://www.costcapta...ode=DX_WUPSKAFB

DO NOT GET THE FREE SHIPPING OR IT WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER! Normally $69, now $29. BOO! Just get the $4.99 shipping (3 - 5 days).

Here are two $5.00 off coupon codes, they don't stack: WB2008 and CPE2012. This basically converts you to free shipping. You also save on sales tax if you don't live in Georgia.

Be sure you see that the coupon registers. When you put in your card info and submit it checks out without showing you an order total screen. Put the coupon code in and hit return to see that it registers. Then select your card type. Then hit submit. Then fill out your credit card info.

CAG or DIE!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1945 Samurai_X-51

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

http://www.costcapta...ode=DX_WUPSKAFB

DO NOT GET THE FREE SHIPPING OR IT WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER! Normally $69, now $29. BOO! Just get the $4.99 shipping (3 - 5 days).

Here are two $5.00 off coupon codes, they don't stack: WB2008 and CPE2012. This basically converts you to free shipping. You also save on sales tax if you don't live in Georgia.

Be sure you see that the coupon registers. When you put in your card info and submit it checks out without showing you an order total screen. Put the coupon code in and hit return to see that it registers. Then select your card type. Then hit submit. Then fill out your credit card info.

CAG or DIE!

So has anyone shopped here before? Would like to see someone vouch for it.

#1946 nugarp

nugarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

So has anyone shopped here before? Would like to see someone vouch for it.

I tried to order from there. Rejected my debit card 3 times for 3 different reasons and I finally said screw it. Site seems fishy but no extra charges on my card yet. I don't really want to pull out and try my credit card now...

Edit: they've put an authorization on my debit card but never completed my order. I'm going to call the bank.

Edited by nugarp, 02 October 2012 - 04:30 AM.

360, PS3, Wii, PSP Slim games & acc for trade:

my tradelist

#1947 Samurai_X-51

Samurai_X-51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

I tried to order from there. Rejected my debit card 3 times for 3 different reasons and I finally said screw it. Site seems fishy but no extra charges on my card yet. I don't really want to pull out and try my credit card now...

Edit: they've put an authorization on my debit card but never completed my order. I'm going to call the bank.

Good luck to you. FWIW, my Google searching suggests the site is legit and intended for academic licenses for software, but who knows what's up here. Probably submitted for 10 of them so they can list it, get attention on their site and then refund a bunch of people.

#1948 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Pre-ordered 1 deluxe, chose 12.99 expedited shipping (1-2) days. No trouble having the order go through, total was 363.98 with coupon code. Instantly got an email confirmation.

wierd but unless i am missing something, when I search the website, i can't find the wii u page...

Nothing on there about multiple pre-orders, so I don't know if they will allow it

#1949 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

just tried this 999 $355.99 $355,634.01 Total: $355,634.01

so not sure how many people will actually receive their pre-order, doesnt seem to be a limit

#1950 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Seems like there's a lot of horror stories of them TAKING the pre-orders, but not actually FILLING the preo-orders with the Leap pads last year on resellerratings ..

http://www.resellerr.../rating/page/25