The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#1951 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

It's so shady too, it doesn't even show up in their search engine. I see a lot of early charges and refunds in November if you remind them and somebody is available on the phone line.

#1952 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

even though its about 23 pages of good reviews those last pages do have me questioning how quickly I jumped on this, glad i ordered with my paypal card. Hoping for the best though

#1953 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

The more I think about it the more I would prefer a white color...but since it makes no sense to buy it based on the additional stuff in the deluxe set then I guess I'm stock. Still wondering if I should get a white pro controller tho.

#1954 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

The more I think about it the more I would prefer a white color...but since it makes no sense to buy it based on the additional stuff in the deluxe set then I guess I'm stock. Still wondering if I should get a white pro controller tho.

I'm getting one black and one white controller. Luckily I was able to pre-order at newegg for $37.99 shipped. At this point all I'm picking up at GS at launch is the console. Everything else is coming from newegg.

I need a new signature.

#1955 Kaliyah

Kaliyah

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone know when the Wii U Pro Controller was removed from NewEgg? The page still exists but it is listed as discontinued - perhaps to stop people from using the coupon?

#1956 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Does anyone know when the Wii U Pro Controller was removed from NewEgg? The page still exists but it is listed as discontinued - perhaps to stop people from using the coupon?

The only thing I can think of is that it had become such a popular item with the coupon that the preorder numbers exceeded the number of controllers Newegg expected to get this holiday season. That's just a guess though. Keep an eye on the status. There's always a chance that it might suddenly switch back. Or better yet don't even bother waiting and just contact Newegg's customer service to ask them.

#1957 novem

novem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Wii U Console Black Deluxe

$355.99

http://www.costcapta...ode=DX_WUPSKAFB

DO NOT GET THE FREE SHIPPING OR IT WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE COSTCAPTAIN PREMIER! Normally $69, now $29. BOO! Just get the $4.99 shipping (3 - 5 days).

Here are two $5.00 off coupon codes, they don't stack: WB2008 and CPE2012. This basically converts you to free shipping. You also save on sales tax if you don't live in Georgia.

Be sure you see that the coupon registers. When you put in your card info and submit it checks out without showing you an order total screen. Put the coupon code in and hit return to see that it registers. Then select your card type. Then hit submit. Then fill out your credit card info.

CAG or DIE!

I noticed they have changed the listing. They raised the price to $400 and it now says:

"This is a pre-order. Item is in extreme high demand so availability is not guaranteed. If your order ships, you will receive a tracking number. If cancelled, you will receive cancellation notice. Thank you."

#1958 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

for anyone wondering, when I was able to check out with my paypal debit card, the transaction for 363.98 has a status of completed, and pending on my debit card purchase, Im assuming this means funds will be transfered from my linked account to costcaptain.com, inc, Atlanta, GA, in the next few days. Not surprised they are charging now, won't be surprised when they apologize later.

#1959 novem

novem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

I also just received this email from costcaptain.com

Dear ______,

We wanted to give you an update on availability and shipping of Wii U Console you recently ordered.

This item is in very limited supplies. What this means is that your order is in a shipping queue and we are working hard to ensure fulfillment but we do not have a definite delivery date. The manufacturer is not guaranteeing delivery by the holidays.
Next steps

If your order is fulfilled, you will receive a shipping tracking number.

Please respond to this email and let us know if you'd like to continue waiting or cancel your order.

#1960 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Tempted to use the Gamestop double trade value for systems on either my Vita (haven't played in so long after beating MGS:HD bundle) or my Xbox 360 (also barely played...but it's My Xbox and I've been an Xbox guy for a while and still might get Halo 4). Tempting...tempting...

#1961 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm getting one black and one white controller. Luckily I was able to pre-order at newegg for $37.99 shipped. At this point all I'm picking up at GS at launch is the console. Everything else is coming from newegg.

Good thing I ordered the pro yesterday at newegg before it disappeared but I went with black to match the console at least for now. And so far got 3 games preorder so that should be enough for now.

#1962 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190311

Out of stock... not surprising since it was such a good deal with the coupon code.

#1963 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Put my preorder from best buy on Craigslist for $50 an I am actually getting a lot responses people wanting to buy my preorder.

#1964 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Put my preorder from best buy on Craigslist for $50 an I am actually getting a lot responses people wanting to buy my preorder.

I have seen the best buy deluxe pre-order receipts alone go for over $300 ($5, buyer pays rest of the amount when they pick up the wii u)

Its been interesting to watch the ebay marketplace and i really have no explanation for whats going on.

I have seen some Deluxe wii u consoles with overnight shipping sell for LESS THAN MSRP, about $315 USD including shipping. Even seen some consoles sell for over $800 when pre-orderes were first announced. Now they seem to be leveling off at about $450-$550 range. I'm sure they will pick back up in December. October seems like a dead month for the wii u pre-order sellout buzz dying down and absolutely no advertisment. almost no one in my circles really even knows it exists.

#1965 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

October seems like a dead month for the wii u pre-order sellout buzz dying down and absolutely no advertisment. almost no one in my circles really even knows it exists.

They tend to do that with most new consoles now since there are going to be basically none for anyone that didn't preorder at launch anyways. Why would Nintendo pump a bunch of money into advertising in October when we probably won't start seeing new shipments until early December.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#1966 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

What's the actual difference between getting the Deluxe Black WiiU and a regular White WiiU?

Besides being a peon, of course.
Dongs.

#1967 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

What's the actual difference between getting the Deluxe Black WiiU and a regular White WiiU?

Besides being a peon, of course.

Nintendoland game, gamepad stand, system stand, gamepad charging cradle, 32gb of onboard flash memory instead of 8gb, and initial access to Nintendo Network Premium.

I'm hoping the premium network offers a good deal on downloading, if so I'll probably download the mario bros game to give the service a try.

#1968 Kaliyah

Kaliyah

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

Nintendoland game, gamepad stand, system stand, gamepad charging cradle, 32gb of onboard flash memory instead of 8gb, and initial access to Nintendo Network Premium.

I'm hoping the premium network offers a good deal on downloading, if so I'll probably download the mario bros game to give the service a try.

There is no deal on downloading or discounts in the US, it's some sort of unrevealed point system where purchases earn points - still unclear on how the points can be spent.

Japan gets a 10% discount however.

#1969 io

io

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

All-in-all you have to figure that is worth the extra $50. I'd have been hard-pressed to pay $50 (or $60) for NintendoLand, but it is worth $30 or so IMO. If you have no interest in that whatsoever, then the standard bundle is probably a better buy.

While the system memory will be expandable via flash drives or external USB drives, I like the convenience of 32GB right out of the box so I don't have to mess with other storage options for a while. That's worth a few bucks for sure. And I like the charging cradle accessory. And I will probably have to stand the system up to fit it on the game system shelf (next to the PS3 and 360, replacing the Wii) so the stand is essential to me (though only worth $5-$10 tops).

Whatever the Premium network thing ends up being is just gravy in my opinion. But I hope it is a little more than points that get you essentially 10% back off download purchases. I'm hoping there are exclusives and freebies. Hopefully Nintendo learned something from the success of PS+.

#1970 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Whatever the Premium network thing ends up being is just gravy in my opinion. But I hope it is a little more than points that get you essentially 10% back off download purchases. I'm hoping there are exclusives and freebies. Hopefully Nintendo learned something from the success of PS+.

I really hope that's all the premium club is. I believe Nintendo stated that it was only available with the Deluxe console and not for sale. If the benefits got much better than the 10% rebate, it would behe really fair for those who want the Deluxe system but had to settle for a standard.

#1971 io

io

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I really hope that's all the premium club is. I believe Nintendo stated that it was only available with the Deluxe console and not for sale. If the benefits got much better than the 10% rebate, it would behe really fair for those who want the Deluxe system but had to settle for a standard.

Well, there's always the possibility it will be offered independently later on - once they figure out exactly what it is ;). I have a feeling even Nintendo doesn't have it fleshed out just yet.

#1972 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

10% sounds like a lot compared to the garbage, insulting amounts XBOX is now offering as "achievement rewards." Those are a joke.

#1973 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

10% sounds like a lot compared to the garbage, insulting amounts XBOX is now offering as "achievement rewards." Those are a joke.

Depends on how far this 10% goes. If were talking 10% on every $60 console game purchase, it could be a great deal. Especially if Nintendo isn't charging tax.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1974 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

You really think that Microsoft's gamerscore reward program is finalized?

It's a beta being put in place for the next gen.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1975 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Wii U pre-order link from Best Buy in the first post is now dead, FYI.

#1976 ldp103

ldp103

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

This worries me too. I have my deluxe pre-ordered at BB and when I asked the guy about it, he said I was guaranteed a console at launch and also that the day I was there they "just started" taking pre-orders. I'll be off from work at launch so I'm still debating if I should camp out a bit... lol

I was wondering the same thing. What happens if the store receives 30 units, and have 20 people who pre-ordered online for store pick up and 20 who did a in store pre-order , not to mention people standing outside for one. Who do they fill first the online store pickups or the ones who preordered in the store?

#1977 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I was wondering the same thing. What happens if the store receives 30 units, and have 20 people who pre-ordered online for store pick up and 20 who did a in store pre-order , not to mention people standing outside for one. Who do they fill first the online store pickups or the ones who preordered in the store?

It should go by the time of purchase.

#1978 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Online vs. in-store pre-order shouldn't matter. When you do an Online order for in-store pickup, it should ping the same inventory. I imagine they'll do it by order number. If for whatever reason they REALLY oversold these things (i.e., 100 pre-orders for 20 units), I could see them doing a lotto system with the pre-orders. I'm really hoping that Best Buy sends out the typical "your pre-order is ready for pickup" message so I know whether I should even bother going. I have a sneaking suspicion that only about half of us that pre-ordered at Best Buy are actually going to get them on the the 18th. Game Stop seems to have been much more conservative with their pre-orders.

#1979 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?

#1980 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

damn, if i was you i would be demanding to see a manager, and start cussing them out about that crap.