The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#181 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Nice, I didn't know about that. I was a little confused as well, since I thought I read they were suppose to have DLC on this new console.

yup, get your self a $20 USB HDD dock and use any size drive you want. Spend $150 total and stick a 2TB 3.5" behind it. So really, not a bad deal, but I doubt it has USB 3.0. So transfer times wont be pretty.

Also, still reading through the thread so if no one noticed:

You can only order 1 per ORDER. I placed two orders.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#182 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'll wait til Best Buy takes pre-orders. I trust their warranty policy more.

#183 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

I ordered from Bestbuy instead. Free express shipping, since I'm a Premier Silver member.

LINK

got a link to the $350 bundle? PLEASE?

#184 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm number 1 on my store's preorder list. Does GS hold in order of preorders or is it first come first serve among all pre-orderers?

Preorder list shows in the system by the date. So yes, it is tracked who ordered 1st and they are 1st to claim it down the list. (Provided they show up within the reserve hold time, which I think is 48 hours)

card.png

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#185 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I was the first to pre-order at Nintendo World Store Wii U event today.

Another incentive to buy the deluxe version is the Nintendo Network Premium, a loyalty program for 32GB Wii U owners. Gives 10% back on digital purchases. Not a paid online service.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion gives Wii U owners points for each digital download that can be redeemed in the eShop for future digital purchases. That program will run through 2014.

Nintendo TVii is another cool add-on service and it's FREE!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#186 BargainGamer

BargainGamer

Technology Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

This time I'll wait until some decent games are released and not give into the hype of a new console and probably will wait for a price drop 2-3 years later since I'm in no hurry to be the first to own anything.

#187 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'll wait til Best Buy takes pre-orders. I trust their warranty policy more.

Extended warranty = waste of money. Besides Nintendo gives you an extra 3 months for registering with club nintendo, so that's a 15 month warranty.

#188 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I was the first to pre-order at Nintendo World Store Wii U event today.

Another incentive to buy the deluxe version is the Nintendo Network Premium, a loyalty program for 32GB Wii U owners. Gives 10% back on digital purchases. Not a paid online service.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion gives Wii U owners points for each digital download that can be redeemed in the eShop for future digital purchases. That program will run through 2014.

Nintendo TVii is another cool add-on service and it's FREE!

Wonder if the points come right back, or if its on a delay or something
Posted ImagePosted Image

#189 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Didnt know the prem bundle had that..
http://kotaku.com/59...network-premium

card.png

#190 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

does the wii u even have a composite spot on it anywhere???

According to gameinformer.com it will support Wii AV cables, so if you need composite/component and have a Wii you're already good to go. Be warned that you'll only get analog stereo that way though...sucks since my receiver doesn't have HDMI.

uc.png

#191 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Those of you waiting for Amazon.com, good luck. Amazon pulled all their Nintendo consoles since June. And then they also pulled the 3DS late last year, put it back on, pulled it again.

#192 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...n-on-december-8

Do I read this right? Usa gets it before Japan? o.0 Thats a 1st.

card.png

#193 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Those of you waiting for Amazon.com, good luck. Amazon pulled all their Nintendo consoles since June. And then they also pulled the 3DS late last year, put it back on, pulled it again.

Interesting. Any particular reason why? Nintendo has them listed first on their retailers list on the official site for the Wii U, so it would seem it'll eventually be up for sale on Amazon.

#194 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Anyone else being an the F5 ninja for aznxsa to post a Deluxe link at BB

#195 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

http://kotaku.com/59...n-on-december-8

Do I read this right? Usa gets it before Japan? o.0 Thats a 1st.

Wii came out here first as well.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#196 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Interesting. Any particular reason why?

Who knows, they did it with PSN content and digital cards also

HEADS up guys the BB Wii preorder page for the link aznxsa gave has the normal BB header now. They might be updating it soon and adding Deluxe I hope.

#197 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Wonder if the points come right back, or if its on a delay or something

Didnt know the prem bundle had that..
http://kotaku.com/59...network-premium

According to this, it's as fast as it takes for you to redeem the points, I guess?

laytonobj50%

#198 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Ah, I thought they meant it actually came right back to you in Wii Point format (Kind of like Xbox Rewards but faster)

Either way, still a pretty awesome program, especially since its technically free.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#199 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Wii came out here first as well.

Correct. Nintendo just releases it here a little earlier because of Black Friday shopping, something which doesn't take place overseas.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#200 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Do you guys think this will be a Black Friday deal buster or something? I'll probably wait a little more before i put down money on this thing.

#201 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Do you guys think this will be a Black Friday deal buster or something? I'll probably wait a little more before i put down money on this thing.

I'll be honest, I think several of us are hoping to flip a few to pay for one. If this thing stalls out of the game, there will be a lot of dumped preorders

#202 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

True. I'm just keeping hope alive for Amazon because Ninty does show them at the bottom of their buy page, here:

www.nintendo.com/wiiu/buynow

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#203 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

I would say that's almost guaranteed. I think that is the whole reasoning behind the November release date. I would be VERY surprised if there weren't any bundles or other incentives for Black Friday.

laytonobj50%

#204 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

So. Anyone had more word on friend codes? Seems to be a new system still going to use it, But might be like 3DS. Just 1 code for all.

Personally I just want an Animal Crossing WiiU where I could play with random people.. or have random people join my town overnight. (And you could lock the town. Randoms cant change your town or destroy things or change unless they were added as a friend)

As for black friday. I think they may just be a door breaker for "We have 10 in stock for the public" not a price drop or bundle.

card.png

#205 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I would personally be shocked if this is not hard to find before Christmas. Nintendo is masterful at marketing their systems. If it doesn't have huge demand they will probably just limit the supply to create hype. They would probably sacrifice short term sales for the long term buzz scarcity provides.

While the msrp of the Wii was lower, they were selling in the secondary market for even more than the U is coming out at. Parents are willing to spend 400 on a system at Christmas. I don't think that price is what will determine the systems success in the short term- marketing will. If they can make it the must have x-max present, price will be irrelevant.

They've sure done a shitty job of marketing it thus far. Hell half the public didnt even know it was a new console lol.

#206 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Wii U game will cost 59.99 http://kotaku.com/59...-will-cost-5999, You're killing us Nintendo!

#207 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'd really hope they'd just move into a streamlined system like Xbox or PS3. The whole Friend Code thing was cool at first, now its just archaic.

Seems more likely especially since theres a Trophy/Achievement system for it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#208 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

I would say that's almost guaranteed. I think that is the whole reasoning behind the November release date. I would be VERY surprised if there weren't any bundles or other incentives for Black Friday.

I would say its certainly not guaranteed at all. The thing comes out a week or 2 before Black Friday and you think there will retailer specific bundles or sales? No chance. Itll be advertised all over the place but just for the skus nintendo unveiled today.

#209 FaidSint

FaidSint

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Just got my Wii U preordered at Gamestop. Got the deluxe version.

For those curious about a Black Friday deal, I am just speculating, but I'd say its probably not going to happen. Based on every console launch I've seen in the past (okay maybe not Vita), supplies are SUPER limited first week. My guess is that pre-orders will sell out within the week at pretty much all retailers. Remember, this release Sunday is the weekend before Black Friday. For there to be a doorbuster deal on Black Friday, that would mean that not only did pre-orders not sell out, but there were enough Wii U's left on the shelf 5 or 6 days later that they can offer a big deal. My guess (remember.. guess) is that there will be no Black Friday Wii U deals, in fact, the best deal of all would be actually FINDING a Wii U come that Friday.

Games are another story. It's certainly possible to see some game deals posted at BB or GS, but even there, I am doubtful. It's just going to be too much in demand to warrant a deal. It's like an iPad, those things all sell out like within 5 minutes of release, you never see an iPad sale until like 2 years after it comes out.

#210 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

I preordered, I don't want it, selling to a soccer mom after release for profit OR will just get my money back. It's worth a $25 gamble as there will always be demand for a new system no matter how crappy the Wii was.