• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2431 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

If I go there and line up early and successfully pre-order this, is it guaranteed that I will get the console (they set it aside for me to pick up) or is it still first come first served on November 18? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.

#2432 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

If I go there and line up early and successfully pre-order this, is it guaranteed that I will get the console (they set it aside for me to pick up) or is it still first come first served on November 18? I'm sorry if this question has been answered before.

Answered before.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#2433 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

that sucks that they're pulling the listings right now, wasnt aware it violated policy

I think you have to be able to deliver the console within 30 days of the listing ending, which isn't possible at the moment. There is also the issue of people not being 100% sure they will even get the console at launch from their preorder, so I imagine that factored in as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2434 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I think you have to be able to deliver the console within 30 days of the listing ending, which isn't possible at the moment.

Pretty much this. The official policy is here:
http://pages.ebay.co...s/pre-sale.html
Unless they can argue that they were selling an actual pre-order ticket, which I would imagine in most cases are non-transferable (not to mention the buyer would still be responsible for the remaining balance, if any).

#2435 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

LOL, there is actually a layaway from consoles

#2436 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I had no intention of selling my PS3 after waiting in line for 4-5 hours for a pre-order, but when I saw what they were going for on eBay, i Had to. I sold mine for $2200 and bought a new HDTV with the profit. I did buy it again but in January 2007.

Wow. Someone bought a PS3 for $2200? I have no faith in humanity after reading that.

It's called PATIENCE, people.

#2437 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Walmart does layaway for a lot of stuff. What's your point?

Currently playing:

#2438 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

It's just a console pre-order disguised as layaway, really. Other than the $5 refundable fee, anyway.

#2439 kevgees

kevgees

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

What time is Walmart going to start taking Wii u preorders on Sunday? Midnight?

#2440 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Wow. Someone bought a PS3 for $2200? I have no faith in humanity after reading that.

It's called PATIENCE, people.

and after having the $2200 PS3, they use it to play... Resistence 1? CoD 3? that's just funny and sad now.

#2441 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

What time is Walmart going to start taking Wii u preorders on Sunday? Midnight?

Where I live, there are practically no 24-hour Walmarts.

Currently playing:

#2442 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart.

#2443 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

I just called my local 24 hour Walmart and asked about preordering at midnight. She said they weren't sure how they were going to handle it. So it sounds like YMMV when it comes to being able to preorder at midnight.

#2444 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

So with WalMart, you can pay it all off except for a penny? Or does the 5 bucks back count towards that? Are employees really going to know to leave a penny remaining on the order?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#2445 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

So with WalMart, you can pay it all off except for a penny? Or does the 5 bucks back count towards that? Are employees really going to know to leave a penny remaining on the order?

The $5 does not count. I believe the penny is policy as you have to have a balance left.

#2446 DeathStinger356

DeathStinger356

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

So thought I'd just give a heads up. I live in Sacramento, CA and called one of my 24 hour Super Walmarts in the area and after being transferred twice, I got to the electronics depertment where the gentleman said that the preorders WILL begin at midnight (at this store anyways) and that they will taken care of in the electronics department right there. So I hope that helps some of you! I'll be there at about 11:45PM on Saturday night

#2447 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

So thought I'd just give a heads up. I live in Sacramento, CA and called one of my 24 hour Super Walmarts in the area and after being transferred twice, I got to the electronics depertment where the gentleman said that the preorders WILL begin at midnight (at this store anyways) and that they will taken care of in the electronics department right there. So I hope that helps some of you! I'll be there at about 11:45PM on Saturday night

This gives me hope that mine will do it. I work at 8 AM on Sunday morning so I would be devastated if the ones around me didn't do one.

#2448 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

lol.. I'm trying to get through to the Walmart closest to my home, but they don't pick up WTF! Once I find out the start of pre-orders, I will share this information also.

Update: I just got through to another Walmart near by and the associate in the Electronics department told me they weren't taking pre-orders on Sunday but middle of next week instead? Please don't take this as fact obviously, but I'm wondering if each Walmart is doing things differently..

#2449 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'll hit up my Walmart and call, there is like 4 in my area so I'll just choose the oldest one that gets less people.

#2450 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hey DeathStinger, I am in Sac too, sent you a pm

I don't think this has been asked before but you don't have to pick up your preorder/layaway on Nov 18th do you? You can wait til the end of layaway date on Dec 14 to pick up your console I assume? This is going to be a Christmas gift for my boys so I don't need it at launch. Have lots of other gift shopping to do so if I can spread it out that will be even better.

#2451 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

I don't think this has been asked before but you don't have to pick up your preorder/layaway on Nov 18th do you? You can wait til the end of layaway date on Dec 14 to pick up your console I assume? This is going to be a Christmas gift for my boys so I don't need it at launch. Have lots of other gift shopping to do so if I can spread it out that will be even better.

I don't think you need to pick it up on Nov 18, but if you can pick it up on that day, why not? Just find a very good hiding place. ;)

#2452 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

Called my 24 hour store. Preorders will start at midnight.

#2453 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Called 3 of my 24 hour store and they said only during layaway hours 9am-9pm... no midnight.

Edited by Masx, 13 October 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#2454 DeathStinger356

DeathStinger356

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

No, considering that the memos are saying they will have only a certain amount and can stop preorders/layaway at any time, I would assume they have a certain number and once you open a preorder/layaway process on it, they cant sell it until AFTER the end of the layaway time after December 14th. So yes I would assume you should be ok. BUT take it with a grain of salt as some companies can choose to do things however they like. The nice this is that you still have about 5 weeks before the system is released to finsih the layaway process if you wish to do so

#2455 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Called 3 of my 24 hour store and they said only during layaway hours 9am-9pm... no midnight.

Which Walmarts/in what states did you call?

#2456 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Okay, so I just spent 30 minutes calling several different 24-hour Walmarts in my area.

1st Walmart- Hadn't decided whether to do a midnight release or not.

2nd- Girl was clueless. She said that they don't do pre-orders.

3rd- Put me on hold for 7 miuntes, the proceeded to read the sheet that was already posted in this thread. Finally, after 17 minutes on the phone, he told me they probably wouldn't as layaway doesn't open until 9AM.

4th- Old woman who directed me not to electronics, but herself. I asked anyway and she responded by yelling "A WHAT?!?! WHAT IS THAT??" I then told her to direct me again to electronics, only to be direct to her again. I hung up...

5th- Oops, called a neighborhood Walmart by accident.

6th- Told me that pre-orders are online only.

I still have a few more to call, but I'll do those tomorrow.

#2457 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

So far the 2 Walmart supercenters that I got through to in NJ are flat out denying that there are Wii U's for layaway on Sunday.. I don't understand. Maybe it's not nationwide or twice I got employees who don't know anything?

#2458 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

What's going on in this thread, whippersnappers?
Dongs.

#2459 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

So far the 2 Walmart supercenters that I got through to in NJ are flat out denying that there are Wii U's for layaway on Sunday.. I don't understand. Maybe it's not nationwide or twice I got employees who don't know anything?

Too bad the newspaper ad only say "Layaway yours today" instead of a specific date. Even though the ad starts 10/14 and that would be "today", with a specific date you could put their foot to the fire.

#2460 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Which Walmarts/in what states did you call?

Virginia