• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2521 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Just got back from my 24 hour Walmart.
2 guys were sitting in fold-up chairs back in Layaway.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2522 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Call first man - mother fuckers are motherfucking crazy in this mother fucker where I mother fucking live mother fucker. You mother fucking feel me? Mother fucking call first to be mother fucking safe. Dont want you to be mother fucking wasting your mother fucking time over this mother fucking pre-order mother fucker.

:/

#2523 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Okay everyone, PLEASE let others know what happens with your midnight preorder/layaway situation. Bring your cell phone! If you are getting up early, consider checking here before you go out.

worst case scenario:
if there are stores that allow layaway at midnight, there literally might be NO preorders left at 8 a.m. You could be first in line and get nothing! Also, pick a Wal-Mart that is faster/knows what they're doing better then others as if there is a real limited amount of preorders available the speed of the layaway person could come into play.

That's worst case scenario of course, you'll probably be fine =).

edit: of course, this is also assuming that Wal-Mart has a certain amount TOTAL and would potentially presell 50 at one location and 0 at another ... if it's per store, never mind.

Edited by paulwekiva, 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#2524 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Mother of crap. I'm so glad I'm #1 at my GS and I don't have to deal with this horse shit.

#2525 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Well shit.. I was planning on getting there around midnight. :roll:

#2526 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

If there is anyone in line when I get to walmart in the morning at 8:30 I'm going to shit myself

#2527 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Okay everyone, PLEASE let others know what happens with your midnight preorder/layaway situation. Bring your cell phone!

Okay, post your phone number and I'll call you?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2528 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

I just called my local Walmart looking for info. The lady attempted to transfer me to Electronics, and after five minutes of rapid rings, she picked up again. She said she'd page them to take the call and put me on hold, but after another five minutes of no answer, I just hung up.

Tried calling a store that's a bit further away, and the same exact thing happened.

Are the people in Electronics just so sick of the phone calls that they're not picking up the phone anymore?

#2529 soul899er

soul899er

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

They hung up on me twice.....

#2530 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I just called my local Walmart looking for info. The lady attempted to transfer me to Electronics, and after five minutes of rapid rings, she picked up again. She said she'd page them to take the call and put me on hold, but after another five minutes of no answer, I just hung up.

Tried calling a store that's a bit further away, and the same exact thing happened.

Are the people in Electronics just so sick of the phone calls that they're not picking up the phone anymore?

Calling Walmart is the most frustrating experience ever. I called them all evening last night and they never pick up. I only got through to 1 last night and they still couldn't patch me over to Electronics. I was finally able to get through to Electronics/Layaway at 2 stores this morning.

#2531 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Walmart is the most frustrating experience ever.

There...fixed. :-(

#2532 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

There...fixed. :-(

True dat. :-|

#2533 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

lol you all should of pre ordered when you had the chance

#2534 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Nice trolling jerkass.
We are preordering. Walmart is my preferred store.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2535 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

I might would head out to walmart in the morning but the town I live in now is about an hour away from where I will be living around launch time.

#2536 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Mother of crap. I'm so glad I'm #1 at my GS and I don't have to deal with this horse shit.

When the Wii launched back in 2006 my wife and I were grabbing some late night snacks at Meijer and there was about 20 people lined up in folding lawn chairs or just sitting on the floor. This was probably around 10 pm. Thankfully I had preordered at gamestop.

#2537 kevgees

kevgees

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

I called my local walmart and the lady said preorders won't start until tomorrow at 10 am

#2538 GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Oh, I did... several times. I want more, though ;).

#2539 rightwingjedi

rightwingjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

My rural Ohio store confirmed layaway 9 AM. Now, I'm wondering when to get there.

Any idea on the #'s of U's that will be available for PO? I know the smaller the area, the smaller the # but I'm curious.

Edited by rightwingjedi, 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM.
Spelling

#2540 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

My rural Ohio store confirmed layaway 9 AM. Now, I'm wondering when to get there.

Any idea on the #'s of U's that will be available for PO? I know the smaller the area, the smaller the # but I'm curious.

Nobody knows this. Including at least one of Walmart and Nintendo.

#2541 rightwingjedi

rightwingjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Nobody knows this. Including at least one of Walmart and Nintendo.

Over/Under on 20-30 units per store?

If my layaway opens @ 9 I think I'll hot Starbucks @ 7, the crapper @ 7:30, then Wally World @ 7:45.

I only owned a Wii for a week when it hit and was not keen on it and ended up gifting it to a needy family. I am pumped for thus Wii U!

#2542 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

I only owned a Wii for a week when it hit and was not keen on it and ended up gifting it to a needy family. I am pumped for thus Wii U!

wat
Dongs.

#2543 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

What time is everyone showing up?

#2544 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

I already have 2 pre orders (one at TRU in store, and the other bestbuy for in store pick up), but I want to be on the safe side and get a thrid one.
My walmart is not crowded, so I will just show up by 845 AM

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#2545 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

My store said midnight, so I'm headed over after work to get there around 11:30 to see what's up.

#2546 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

My store said 9am, but I'm going to try to convince an associate to do the layaway as soon as I get there lol. I'll bluff and say I spoke to the manager this morning over the phone and that's what he said. :P

#2547 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

So for the stores that are doing midnight preorders, is it going to be in electronics or at the layaway counter? Because in virtually every single 24-hour walmart, the layaway counter is only open from like 9AM-9 or 10PM.

I stopped by the 24-hour one earlier today, and after literally 20 minutes of standing around while everyone checked with everyone else and looked up stuff on the computer, they came back and said "Yeah, you can reserve a console tomorrow". Me: "So at midnight or at 9AM?". Answer: "No idea." Sigh.

#2548 SuperTuna

SuperTuna

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Good luck to all those getting theirs for the first time or just snagging more for whatever your reason. I just called my rural one and no one's there so far. I'm going to hit it up around 7 or so.

#2549 TEHJOE

TEHJOE

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

We don't have a upc so I would check back Monday.

#2550 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

We don't have a upc so I would check back Monday.

This could make things interesting:hot:

I need a new signature.