The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2611 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

Got one in Kennewick, Wa. No one was in line, and employees knew nothing about it until I showed them the memo. It took like 15 minutes, but was pretty simple.

Nice.
Dongs.

#2612 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Damn it.

All 4 Walmarts, minus one that kinda knew what was up.

The last one told me the Wii U would be available for Pre order on Nov 13, co signed by his manager.

I'm done.

#2613 masked_mamba24

masked_mamba24

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

just got back from my local 24hr wally world and successfully pre ordered 2 deluxe units. employees seemed to not know much about it but eventually got it sorted out. to my surprise there was no line just myself and a couple. i hope this helps someone and good luck to those camping out :)

#2614 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

just got back from my local 24hr wally world and successfully pre ordered 2 deluxe units. employees seemed to not know much about it but eventually got it sorted out. to my surprise there was no line just myself and a couple. i hope this helps someone and good luck to those camping out :)

Did you just go to electronics or customer service? I think layaway is closed for most 24/7 stores.

#2615 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm still waiting inside my Walmart.. The guy in Electronics can't find the damn UPC in the system.. I need some kind of print out from them in order to process it for layaway. Hopefully it drops into the system some time before 9am.. Until then I'm going to continue to sit here and have suicidal thoughts lol

#2616 masked_mamba24

masked_mamba24

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Did you just go to electronics or customer service? I think layaway is closed for most 24/7 stores.

i went to electronics first and they sent me to the layaway counter which was technically closed but they still me and the other people get our pre orders in.

#2617 DeathStinger356

DeathStinger356

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Well things turned out successful for me. Went there at about 11:45, went straight to electronics and there was a little confusion at first before the guy helping me said that he had to take me back to layaway (which was closed but he was nice enough to do the transaction for me anyways) to process the transaction at 12:01. There was a black binder with all the info in it back there. He said they only had them for the first 9 people (which confirmed the info they gave me over the phone) needless to say, I was the ONLY person there and got it rang up, paid for, and a reciept about as tall as I am lol

#2618 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'm still waiting inside my Walmart.. The guy in Electronics can't find the damn UPC in the system.. I need some kind of print out from them in order to process it for layaway. Hopefully it drops into the system some time before 9am.. Until then I'm going to continue to sit here and have suicidal thoughts lol

That happened with mine. Eventually the manager remembered that when entering a UPC/item number into the computer manually for layaway, that she had to leave off the last 6 numbers, or it would keep showing as item unavailable. At least that's the reason she told me. It appeared to work just fine when she left those last numbers off.
Posted Image

#2619 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

i went to electronics first and they sent me to the layaway counter which was technically closed but they still me and the other people get our pre orders in.

I see. Congrats

#2620 wickedbull

wickedbull

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Got mine! Just came back from wal-mart and at first no one knew what I was talking about.. walked back to electronics, no one was there, so went up to register and asked a cashier (saying my brother got one at a different walmart) so she asked on her walkie talkie and said someone was trying to figure it out. So she sent me back to electronics and the guy there almost sent me away saying he had no clue what I was talking about.. luckily there was someone there with me that said he called earlier and was told they were doing the preorder.. so the guy went back and then sent us to layaway.. which took 20minutes for them to figure out how to do, but they finally did it and got the 2 Wii's preordered.. :) This was in southern california!

#2621 masked_mamba24

masked_mamba24

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Got mine! Just came back from wal-mart and at first no one knew what I was talking about.. walked back to electronics, no one was there, so went up to register and asked a cashier (saying my brother got one at a different walmart) so she asked on her walkie talkie and said someone was trying to figure it out. So she sent me back to electronics and the guy there almost sent me away saying he had no clue what I was talking about.. luckily there was someone there with me that said he called earlier and was told they were doing the preorder.. so the guy went back and then sent us to layaway.. which took 20minutes for them to figure out how to do, but they finally did it and got the 2 Wii's preordered.. :) This was in southern california!

haha small world :D

#2622 iGen

iGen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I just tried phone-calling three 24-hour Walmarts within a 50-mile radius of my home, but none of them picked up. My nearest Walmart is 10 miles away, and I don't want to drive 20+ miles (round trip distance) only to return empty-handed. Is there a way I could contact a store and find out if they're still taking preorders before I make the trip?

Thanks.

#2623 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

I just tried phone-calling three 24-hour Walmarts within a 50-mile radius of my home, but none of them picked up. My nearest Walmart is 10 miles away, and I don't want to drive 20+ miles (round trip distance) only to return empty-handed. Is there a way I could contact a store and find out if they're still taking preorders before I make the trip?

Thanks.

Just show up at 9am at any Walmart in the Layaway/Store Pick-up area in the back and you'll be fine. You don't have to call and confirm anything. Print out and bring the memo just in case.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2624 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Actually closer to Chatsworth :D

I went down to porter ranch today and asked layaway about it, they just kept telling me it comes out in November , have you heard anything different from them?

#2625 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Wii U Deluxe Console
Item 550924127
UPC 45496880866
$349.96

I know.. I gave both numbers to them and both come up as invalid/unavailable.

#2626 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Nice trolling jerkass.
We are preordering. Walmart is my preferred store.

Walmart is your preferred store LMAO

#2627 iGen

iGen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Just show up at 9am at any Walmart in the Layaway/Store Pick-up area in the back and you'll be fine. You don't have to call and confirm anything. Print out and bring the memo just in case.

The ones around me that aren't 24hr open at 6

#2628 weegy

weegy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Success at Monona Wal-Mart near Madison, WI.

We went at 4 a.m. because we had been told on the phone pre-orders would start at 9 a.m.

They had started at midnight, though, and we were consoles 13, 14, 15, and 16. The layaway lady said we could pick them up at 12:01 a.m. on November 18.

For each of us it was about $79 down for two consoles. We had to leave at least a penny on our total order, not one for each console.

Happy Hunting!

#2629 nugarp

nugarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Ordered 2 deluxe consoles from Walmart in NOVA. They already had a few layaway preorders iit seemed like. Went around 4am and the process was no sweat - they knew exactly what was going on.
360, PS3, Wii, PSP Slim games & acc for trade:

my tradelist

#2630 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Not a soul In electronics or the back in Sanford, fl

#2631 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Got to my local Walmart at 4 because I thought they opened at 5 but they do not actually open until 6. Only me and one other couple were there. My Walmart actually had a layaway employee come in early at 6 this morning just for this so I guess they were expecting a turnout also. I got my two ordered no problem. I thought they were going to charge the $5 fee per unit but it was only one fee for both.

This is in Salem, NH btw.

#2632 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Army mine now. Ghost town. Electronics comes in at 7. Umm it's 7:13 mister.

#2633 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Just checked out 2 Walmarts. One couldn't find anyone who knew anything about it and the other took about 15 minutes to tell me 9am.

#2634 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...

#2635 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...

Man, Walmart. lol. That sounds kind of creepy actually. Maybe ask the janitor if there is someone you can talk to?

#2636 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm at the 24 hour one I go to, and it's dead. The person I asked doesn't know about the preorders. Just waiting around for someone that actually works in the electronics section.

#2637 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Man, Walmart. lol. That sounds kind of creepy actually. Maybe ask the janitor if there is someone you can talk to?

It is pretty creepy. Luckily the tvs are on im watching brave never seen it before so I dragged a chair from the layaway area and sat it over here im watching it till somebody shows up.

#2638 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

*grabs popcorn* ...wait...I was expecting quite a few horror stories. Sounds like Walmart halfway has their shit together for once.

#2639 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

I did the exact same thing. It was weird not seeing people all over the damn store. They told me 9am as well. The lady at customer service (pretty cute ;)) gave my the ad. She then radioed for the girl in electronics. No where as attractive as the previous lady. She then told me that layaway opens at 9 so I'm heading there then. Saw a few other Cag's/(that site)/eBay there as well. Good luck guys/gals.

Edited by CheapAssHustla, 14 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#2640 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Got to mine at 6:30 and no one was there. McD's wasn't open yet so ran home to eat some breakfast. Going to head back in a few minutes and camp out the last 2 hours.
Posted Image