The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2671 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Got 4 units pre ordered with a relative, we were there at 7am but layaway didn't have anyone till 9 we were told. Went to McDonald's for breakfast, came back and still were only ones there. Around 8:50 a nice csr came and asked what we were there for, left a minute, and had the folder. The orders went smoothly with labels printed as well. I'm happy :D.

Same here. I was second at my Wal-Mart. Quick and painless. There was a guy who showed up behind me who was getting one as well. CAG wins again! You can also put down a second person if you can't pick it up. I had my mom pre order the other two because no one else would go with me. It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

#2672 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Got back from my local store in MD. I as the second person at 8am (store opened at 6am). They had the memo, and within 5 minutes I was out the door with my two preorders in hand. Amazingly painless...the only curious aspect was that I was told that I HAD to pick up my units by the 18th. I wonder if they will release them if we don't get them?

The receipt says that you have until December 14. I see no reason not to pick it up on the 18th, in my case, but that's something worth checking.

#2673 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi guys,
I just ordered 2 and took a picture of the memo in case it helps any of you... does anybody know how can I post the pic? I tried unsuccessfully...

Upload it on Imgur

#2674 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Its 8:30 cat ill wait 30mintill hopefully and see what happens. I should be safe to get one right? Is there a total quantity per store? Or per walmart as a whole?

#2675 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yes, the register immediately prompts the associate "No. of labels?"

I saw this on the register but I didn't see the actual labels print out? Am I suppose to?

#2676 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Notice everybody is buying 2. Is everybody going to flip the other 1? The fact that Wal-Mart is allowing 2 per person should be pretty telling that there might be more then enough to satisfy demand come launch. I guess we'll know the answer soon ( how long it takes for them to stop taking preorders ).

#2677 The Questyen

The Questyen

The release date on ZombiU changed on amazon. I was listed for it to arrive on the 15th and now they've changed it to the 21st. If that's the case I'm gonna have to cancel and just buy in store.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#2678 GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger

Same here. I was second at my Wal-Mart. Quick and painless. There was a guy who showed up behind me who was getting one as well. CAG wins again! You can also put down a second person if you can't pick it up. I had my mom pre order the other two because no one else would go with me. It'll be interesting to see how this goes down.

Yeah, that is exactly what I did. Really glad I heard about this extra preorder thing at walmart.

#2679 thepoetvd776

thepoetvd776

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hi guys,
I just ordered 2 and took a picture of the memo in case it helps any of you... does anybody know how can I post the pic? I tried unsuccessfully...

Please post the picture.

I'm going to try in about an hour or so to go to walmart, and lets just say the folks at mine are a real case lol

#2680 sazer

sazer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Just got back from my Walmart in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. I walked in at the same time as another guy who was preordering too. It looked to be just the two of us. I have to say it was a painless experience. The woman working layaway knew exactly what I was talking about and got me taken care of right away. I was shocked.

#2681 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a layaway order between stores? I'm stuck out-of-town until tomorrow and don't want to miss out.

#2682 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Quick n painless here as well. Since I was the forst person there early, the manager had the associate there run through the proceedure with me, so I got to do it 1/2 hour early.

We are #1, and the electronics manager is holding all of them himself, in chronilogical order for launch day distribution at 12:01 am.

Nice n organized.

He also mentioned theres has been rumors of some wii U basic promotion on launch day, to appease people who can't get the sold out deluxe version. He said something like another game or controller probably discounted with basic wii U purchase.

If nintendo does supply massive numbers of the basic unit, it could be that deluxe prices on ebay encourage peopel to just buy the basic unit, and a pile of accessories instead of paying more for the deluxe version.

If that looks to be the case, we'll just return or cancel the second one we preordered, but we are hoping it'll help fund our upgrade from the basic Wii.

#2683 kevgees

kevgees

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just got back from my local walmart and it was sooooo smooth! Thanks CAG!!

#2684 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

The lady that did the preorder really put up a fight for me to not preorder it. She said they wouldn't get many and then she said the people in the back may not know that I have it preordered and could accidentally sell it. I hope there's something place in the system to remind them of preorders when they put the WiiUs in their inventory.

#2685 MachineElf

MachineElf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Does anyone know what the payment terms are? Ideally I would like to pay whatever is necessary today for the 2 and just pay them off the day they're released. Are they going to make me come in every week or two to make a payment? If, so, I'll just pay it upfront (less a buck since the memo mentioned not paying in full for tracking reasons).

#2686 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dJu1a.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

I hope this works!

#2687 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dJu1a.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

I hope this works!

You have too many IMG tags..
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dJu1a.jpg[/IMG]

#2688 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Just got back after going home earlier. Still the only one here. Less than 15 minutes to 9, and the person working layaway had no idea what I was talking about.

#2689 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Just got back after going home earlier. Still the only one here. Less than 15 minutes to 9, and the person working layaway had no idea what I was talking about.

Tell them there should be a folder back there with instructions.

#2690 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thank you! I'm new at posting pics, sorry for the confusion.

#2691 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

The people at my Walmart didn't know anything at first but one of them thought there was something for them to print off in store news or whatever and sure enough, it was that exact pictured page for instructions. I was the only one there until 8:30 when they finished ringing me up and then a guy walked up behind me and asked if they were all done and he seemed very happy when I told him he was #2.

After the assistant manager went over their stuff, they said they'd probably only get 6 reservations at the store and would stop after that. So I got to be #1 and I look forward to going to the midnight launch, picking up a WiiU for my mom, hooking it up and playing Nintendo Land...until it's time for me to go pick my WiiU from GameStop haha.

#2692 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Made the choice to go to the non 24 hour walmart. Was the first one to do it when I rolled in at 9:30. After some initial confusion I was in and out and good. Only getting 1 myself.

#2693 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Tell them there should be a folder back there with instructions.

Everyone I've spoken to keeps talking about how they don't have the preorder cards for it.

#2694 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Everyone I've spoken to keeps talking about how they don't have the preorder cards for it.

There aren't any cards. Show them the picture that was posted. Tell them to find this paper.

#2695 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm about to go to another Walmart and preorder in case the one I'm at screws up. How hard would it be to cancel a preorder?

#2696 Vito Raliffe

Vito Raliffe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Just got back from my local Walmart in North Carolina. I got there about 8:20 AM and no one else was there. I sat on the bench in front of layaway and waited. At 9 AM I stood at the counter so they would know I wanted to be helped. At 9:03 AM an employee asked me if I had been helped and I said no and that I was waiting for layaway. She told me they don't open until 10 AM (that is for the photo center that is at the same counter) and I pointed to the paper sign that said "LAYAWAY - 9 AM - 9 PM" and she said she didn't know who was scheduled to be there. She went to go find someone.

At 9:07 AM an employee came by to help me. I told her I was there to preorder the Wii U and that we're supposed to do it at layaway. She didn't know anything about it, so I handed her the memo I printed out from here. I told her that there should be a booklet with a bar code for her to scan, and that if there isn't, the manager should have one. She pulled out her radio and asked some lady if they knew anything about layaway for Wii U's, and she said she had no idea. The lady left the counter to go find someone.

At 9:15 AM she came back with the assistant manager who had the paper with the Wii U info and barcode. Yay! He was very nice and curiously asked me how I got the memo and knew about this, and I explained that it got leaked online. He said they were supposed to have signage sent to them to place around the store but that they never got it. He said since I'm #1 that I'll be guaranteed one and that I can come in to get it whenever on the 18th. The lady took my driver's license and put in my info, asked if I was the only one who was going to pick it up (so she could put in an alternate name or not), asked for my phone number, and then I paid the minimum of $42.50. She asked if she needed to print out the label, and the manager said she should so they can place it on the Wii U box if I don't pick it up right away.

They printed out a receipt for me to sign and initial, and then I got my copy and was on my way. Yaaay

So, yeah, MAKE SURE TO PRINT OUT THE MEMO and take it.

Edit: Oh, and the assistant manager said the system will not be allowed to take preorders anymore once the allotment is full. He joked that it was good that I was #1 since they'll probably only get two!

#2697 griffon2k

griffon2k

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Arrived at my local Wal-Mart at 8am. No lines. Waited for 9 before pestering layaway. They had no clue what I was talking about either, but my wife and I had spoken with a manager yesterday who got instructions from the home office and left them for the layaway dept to use.

They hadn't read them, of course. After giving them 5 minutes to get the instructions down, there was no fuss. I pre-ordered two. There was only one person in line behind me for it.

Now the wait for launch...

#2698 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Out of curiosity, the people ordering two flipping or saving for gifts?

#2699 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Well that was super easy. I arrived at 8:40 and waited till 9 for layaway to open. Was the first and only one there. Glad to know I have one coming no problems.

#2700 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

We bought a second to flip to finance our own.. ;) If nothing else, it'll pay for a pro controller, or Zombie U.