The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2701 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Here at Walmart, it's about 7:15 local time. No one at lawaway, I spoke to a manager at customer service who said I'd have to wait until 9:00 am.

I did not bring a print out of the memo, wishing I had now.

#2702 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

I just got home from preordering mine. It was just me and another lady who was getting one for her kids for Christmas. It was pretty painless. The customer service guy was standing there for about an hour, so I probably could have had him ring me up then, but waited until 9. Heh...

Here at Walmart, it's about 7:15 local time. No one at lawaway, I spoke to a manager at customer service who said I'd have to wait until 9:00 am.

I did not bring a print out of the memory, wishing I had now.

If you have a Smartphone, which you probably have - just show them the memo that was posted above so they know what they are looking for in their binders.

#2703 geotech

geotech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Went to the Walmart in Freehold NJ at 7:30am. No line. Waited until 7:50am and went to the Walmart in Howell NJ. Got there at 8:10 and waited. Assistant Manager showed up 8:57am asked if I was being helped. I told him I was interested in the Wii U and showed in the leaked document. I was the first and no one else was in line. Purchased 2 of the deluxe (only one available) and then went back to Freehold NJ around 9:30 and bought 2 more. I asked if anyone else had preordered and the associate told me there was one person before me.

Thanks CAG and good luck to everyone else!

#2704 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Im in for the quick and painless transaction!

Went to Walmart a little after 10am with no hope of getting one, but figured I'll try anyway. Went the gaming department and asked if they are still doing pre-orders and the guy said "yup, we are pre-ordering in the layaway department" and we walked me over to start it up. He said I was the first customer, so he had no idea what to do. But he read the flyer, put in my info, and I walked out with a receipt 5 minutes later with no problems!

Thanks to everyone who has been posting about this. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have gotten the Wii U this Christmas.
Posted Image

#2705 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

This is so frustrating. I've even showed people the picture of the memo on my phone and have gotten nowhere so far.

#2706 oadekunl

oadekunl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Went to Walmart at 9:50am in Harrisonburg, VA and went straight to layaway (which opened at 9:00am). The person first check with electronics store and then the manager (but I had the actual ad from the paper with me). So after the manager when to the back, he had the internal memo printed and the instructions. It seems like I was the first person to do it. I already have it pre-ordered through Toys r us online, but I may cancel it because Walmart is cheaper (didn't include shipping).

#2707 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks to the original poster of the Walmart information. Got my preorder done! My Walmart had no idea about it. They were just gonna turn me away with a "no I'm sorry I don't know anything about it" got them to check with the manager. 10 minutes later it was a done deal!

#2708 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.

#2709 bitjello79

bitjello79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I Just got back from the Wal-Mart in Bethel Park, PA. It opened at 7:00 I got there at 6:00. There was No line. I went to the layaway department. I Was told that layaway doesn't open till 9:00. I talked to one girl who thought I was trying to layaway a Wii. I told her about the Wii U and she said I would have to wait for it to be released. I did not bother to explain more. I just waited until around 8:30. I then talked to a nice girl and guy and brought the flyer and told them I would like to inquire about laying away a Wii U. The guy new about it and told me to wait until he found out. I waited until 9:00 then came back. I was the first to do it so it took a little bit of time but I didn't mind. The girl must have been new becasuse she had some trouble with the computer system. The other girl asked me if I had a Wii. She thought the Wii U was an add on for the Wii. I explained that no, The Wii U is a completely new system like the Wii was tho the GameCube and Super Nintendo was to the NES. She then understood. I Had to pen a Layaway account with Wal-Mart and give an email. I then had to sign a long slip explaining the procedure and what I was laying away. I got my copy thanked all of them for their time and I was done.

I got up at 5:00 an just now got home at 10:15 so all told about 5 hours total time for me. It was longer because I don't have a car and allow extra time to bike there and back. I am happy I now know that I will have a Wii U at launch finally an HD nintendo console. This will be my first Nintendo console (excluding the 3DS) that I get on Launch day ever. I Have all of them just never bought any of them at launch. So all in all it may take a little bit of time depending on your Wal-Mart but It is worth it I think just to know you will get a Wii U.

A big thank you to everyone who posted information about this in this thread. Thanks!!

#2710 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Guys it doesn't matter really if you are the first or the last. On the official memo it clearly states there's a certain amount allocated for the pre-order layaway sale. Once the allocated amount has been met there will be a Sales Block.

Well then it does matter if you're last in line.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2711 edh1017

edh1017

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Oh, I didn't notice that, thanks. I feel better now. I got there around 9:45 AM and was told that a "bunch" of people had reserved them already, but I guess I'll get mine if they know how many they're receiving.

#2712 PlanarPotence

PlanarPotence

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Went to my Wal-Mart. No one knew anything about it, showed the assistant manager the memo. He looked it up and saw the same memo that's on here but he wasn't able to do the layaway at all citing the lack of preorder cards. I accepted that and went home. But it looks like I'll have to stop by again later today and hopefully get more knowledgeable people or something.

#2713 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Went to the Wal-mart in Elizabethtown, Ky (24 hour) and no one was in layaway at 9:20 so I was a bit worried. But, Wal-mart being what it is no one there had a clue what I was talking about. She called electronics who told me it was online only and I told her he was wrong. So after I gave up my place in line to look up the ad online, another associate brought the flyer and said they should have known about it all along and blamed it on some guy who wasn't there.

Funny note - the guy asked "Why do these kids need all these games and systems? I don't get it." It's actually for me and I'm 41. Lol!!!

#2714 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Err, no. It should only be the LAST digit of the UPC number. Congrats at getting some sort of food item instead.

Whatever. The receipt clearly states wii u hardware and rang up correctly, so I don't really care if they left off 1, 6 or all the upc digits. Congrats at being some sort of jack ass.
Posted Image

#2715 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Went to the Evendale Wal-Mart (North of Cincinnati). First stop was electronics - no clue what I was talking about. Then went to lay-away and I was taken care of within a few minutes. I was the 3rd customer that pre-ordered this morning and that was at 10am.

#2716 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Well then it does matter if you're last in line.

Haha, well I should have clarified I meant for those that pre-ordered already and the sales transaction went through they should be fine per the memo.

#2717 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

When we pre order at wal mart do we have to fully pay it off on the spot or on release day?

#2718 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

Funny note - the guy asked "Why do these kids need all these games and systems? I don't get it." It's actually for me and I'm 41. Lol!!!

I would've flipped out at him, I can't stand this sort of bullshit.

#2719 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

relax. who gives a shit what some walmart manager says.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2720 PlanarPotence

PlanarPotence

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

When I come back later today, what should I tell the Wal-Mart people to scan for the pre-order. Is there a booklet or something with the Wii U barcode that they can scan?

#2721 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

I know even Best Buy preorders aren't guaranteed but man am I glad I kept my kiosk in store preorder there.

#2722 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

When we pre order at wal mart do we have to fully pay it off on the spot or on release day?

10% at pre-order plus $5 fee which is refundable - at least in my state, Ohio - it might be different in yours. Also, you are able to pay a little bit at a time before pickup at any register, lay-away, or customer service. Or, you can just pay it all off at pickup.

#2723 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

When I come back later today, what should I tell the Wal-Mart people to scan for the pre-order. Is there a booklet or something with the Wii U barcode that they can scan?

When I went to the lay-away counter, they had a white binder that had all of the information. If a regular worker does not know, always ask for a manager.

#2724 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

And make a scene and a fool of yourself in the process? Congrats sir, you win the internet, tough guy.

#2725 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Went to my Wal-Mart. No one knew anything about it, showed the assistant manager the memo. He looked it up and saw the same memo that's on here but he wasn't able to do the layaway at all citing the lack of preorder cards. I accepted that and went home. But it looks like I'll have to stop by again later today and hopefully get more knowledgeable people or something.

There are no cards. They are supposed to scan the UPC on the sheet for it to ring up.

#2726 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I guess I got one lol. Went to my Wal Mart and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. He pulled out this list. I was #2. He said he expected the entire allotment to go today, but I was guaranteed one on release day. TBH I was kind of surprised I was only number 2. (This was at 750am btw).

Now I can join the group of people and freak out about whether Ill actually receive one on release day lol...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#2727 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Thanks to the information about the Walmart preorder or I would probably not been able to get one. I went to a 24hr one around 8:15am and the girl in electronics knew about it but said I had to wait until Layaway came in a 9:00am. The guy came in, read the memo, took my information, scanned the barcode, then I paid and he gave me a receipt. I did not see anything about a label but hopefully not too much to be concerned about. I was the first one to preorder so I should be good.

#2728 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

I wasted some time this morning but at least I got in for 2. I went there at 6:30 and it was empty. Went home and then back at 7:30 and it was still dead. Ate breakfast at McD's and then settled in at 8am. Layaway girl got there about 9:05 and I was out in 5 minutes with 2 reserved. Very smooth process. No one else even showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if you could roll in there anytime today and get one reserved. But then again, I don't know how many they have to reserve. I asked the girl and she made it sound like the system would let them know when to stop. No clue.
Posted Image

#2729 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I expect this thread to explode on November 18th.

#2730 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

If there is one place I expect to some how Fuck this up for people, Its Wal-mart. Half of them don't know their ass from their elbow.

But, I really do hope it works out for those who pre-ordered today.