The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2761 Inwa

Inwa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Where was this at? I'm over in Brooklyn Center and I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the Walmart over here at 9am to see what's up. If they have the ads out they should at least be able to get a manager to tell them what to do.

I went again this morning and finally got someone to help me out. I was also at Brooklyn Center. They had the sheet on the layaway counter and a note on it that said:

"We may only be getting 6"

There were 6 hash marks next to the note, three of them were crossed out. I was number 4. Got my Deluxe preorder. Now to sell the PS3.

#2762 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just pre ordered 2 in store. One for me and one for my cousin Craig.

#2763 thestonedgamer

thestonedgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Went and preordered mine at Wally World, I was third at 9:05. My Wally World is one of the last ones on the edge of the city I live in though.

The better half will be stoked for xmas....I'm wishing I would have ordered an extra for my cousin Craig too.

#2764 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

So do I go back to the electronic department to do this? Customer service? Dumb question I know, but I've never put anything on layaway.

It means they typed in the UPC instead of scanning it. Hand Keyed it. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#2765 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Got 2 in SLC this morning. Got there about 9:35, waited 5-10 mins for help but the lady knew what to do, said 4 had been ordered before me. She also said the system would only allow preorders until the amount the store is receiving were sold. Very painless.

#2766 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well, the layaway system at the store I was at wasn't active until 10:00 am according to the Walmart associate. But my patience paid off and I got my 2 reserved. I was the only there the whole time. (I went to the store around 7 am)

So between the 2 at Walmart, the one at Gamestop, and one each at two different Best Buys via kiosk, I should be okay. Perhaps I'll even be able to pay off the two I plan to keep by selling off any extras.

#2767 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

I'm wishing I would have ordered an extra for my cousin Craig too.

;-)

I'm hoping that I will have enough money to pay for one come November 18... that is, of course, if my local stores are still taking pre-orders by the time I get there.

#2768 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

So I got to my 24 hour Walmart at 9 am (like they told me)...Got to layaway...1 dude was already there talking to one of the associates about being able to get it at launch Sounds like they knew what was going on. They had the memo with the barcode ready and everything.

The whole process was painless, but not quick. The layaway lady didn't show up until 9:15. Before she got there me and the other guy had a quick little chat.

Me: "You here for layaway?"
Him: "Yeah"
Me: "So deluxe or Basic?"
Him: "Oh, I think you can only do deluxe here"

My discount card worked, so I'll be paying $315 for the deluxe model. Trying it online when the pre orders were up didn't work.

I ordered 1, but the guy in front of me ordered 2 (1 for him and 1 for his "cousin"...lol right)

is his cousins name "E, Bay"? LOL

#2769 iGen

iGen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

is his cousins name "E, Bay"? LOL

No, but my cousin's name is "Craigs List" (LOL)

feeBay sucks shit. If you sell your console for $600 you'll be paying $125-150 in fees excluding shipping.

#2770 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

No, but my cousin's name is "Craigs List" (LOL)

feeBay sucks shit. If you sell your console for $600 you'll be paying $125-150 in fees excluding shipping.

i see, "list" must be a very common last name also

#2771 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

It's not anywhere near that much. Listing is free unless you sell a ton of stuff every month, and they take 9% (eg. $54 of $600) of the selling cost, and if the buyer pays with a credit card from a Paypal account, Paypal keeps 2.9% (eg. $17.40).

PSN = madcatz1999

#2772 Sludgepond

Sludgepond

The Trigger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have a preorder in at GameStop but would it be a better bet to get a preorder in at Walmart? Or is GameStop good enough? When I asked the person that rang me up at GameStop if I was guaranteed a console, he said yes....

#2773 baboonfreak

baboonfreak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

It's not anywhere near that much. Listing is free unless you sell a ton of stuff every month, and they take 9% (eg. $54 of $600) of the selling cost, and if the buyer pays with a credit card from a Paypal account, Paypal keeps 2.9% (eg. $17.40).

you're probably better off selling as a buy it now auction. then the ebay fee is $34. not to mention that if you're a top rated seller you get a 20% discount off that fee as well on your monthly invoice.

#2774 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

My buddy preordered 2 consoles on 6 different transactions :-x

I would have too, but I can not imagine the manager is gonna let him walk out with 12 units on launch day. Maybe they will?

#2775 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Anybody having luck in SoCal? Called two stores and both layaway departments said they haven't gotten a memo yet but expect to this week. Don't want to go in unless there has been some success out here.

#2776 Sarcous

Sarcous

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Anybody having luck in SoCal? Called two stores and both layaway departments said they haven't gotten a memo yet but expect to this week. Don't want to go in unless there has been some success out here.

A friend and I secured preorders at the Walmart in Buena Park Mall. It was the only Walmart that had the memo and knew exactly what to do. Not sure if you're around that area though.

#2777 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

I was the second person to do it at my store. They only had one sku for the deluxe model. Was pretty effortless. Now to seek out deals on games/hardware.

#2778 griffon2k

griffon2k

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Out of curiosity, the people ordering two flipping or saving for gifts?

We got a second in case any of our family and friends are looking for one. If no one wants it, we'll probably sell it.

#2779 furielrage

furielrage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I went to both Long Beach Walmart Supercenter Store #3477 and Cerritos Walmart Store #2082. Both knew about the Wii-U pre-order and was out in about 3 minutes. The Long Beach one is a 24hr and they mentioned I could pick it up at midnight.

#2780 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I was the second person to do it at my store. They only had one sku for the deluxe model. Was pretty effortless. Now to seek out deals on games/hardware.

newegg is your best shot. They have had $12 off preorder deals every other week. I already have 4 launch games and two controllers preordered for a nice discount

I need a new signature.

#2781 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well that was easy. I just pre-ordered two from my Walmart. Was first to do so. At 3:00. Had to show assistant manager the memo. He didnt even know about it.
Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#2782 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

I went to both Long Beach Walmart Supercenter Store #3477 and Cerritos Walmart Store #2082. Both knew about the Wii-U pre-order and was out in about 3 minutes. The Long Beach one is a 24hr and they mentioned I could pick it up at midnight.

A friend and I secured preorders at the Walmart in Buena Park Mall. It was the only Walmart that had the memo and knew exactly what to do. Not sure if you're around that area though.

Thanks for the info. When I go to the store I just want to be able to tell them "my friend" preordered one at "x" store. So that helps.

Hopefully there won't be a problem.

#2783 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Got one. But since it's Walmart I'm not getting excited until I actually have it in my hands. I feel like they're gonna mess it up somehow.

#2784 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

The people at customer service and layaway didn't know what was up when I called, but a manager ended up filling them in after I was on hold for a while. Going now to place the pre-order. This is in Moreno Valley/Riverside.

#2785 GohanX

GohanX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have a preorder in at GameStop but would it be a better bet to get a preorder in at Walmart? Or is GameStop good enough? When I asked the person that rang me up at GameStop if I was guaranteed a console, he said yes....

I'd put more faith in Gamestop than Walmart when it comes to preorders. Preordering in general is their thing.

#2786 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

So, come October 19th, will we be able to put the Wii U preorders on eBay? I know it has to be within 30 days, right?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2787 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

So, come October 19th, will we be able to put the Wii U preorders on eBay? I know it has to be within 30 days, right?

I say yes since it is 30 days pre-sale auction.

#2788 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Dear lord.

This is why I don't think the preorder numbers are real. Reggie must know this too.

#2789 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Got my pre-order at the Porter Ranch,CA Wal-Mart. Took a couple people even though the memo was right at layaway. One wierd thing is the woman said at least one payment had to be made every 30 days or else the layaway would cancel. Since the system is out in over30 days she told me I'd have to do at least one more payment, even if $10. Anyone else hear this?

#2790 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well that was easy. I just pre-ordered two from my Walmart. Was first to do so. At 3:00. Had to show assistant manager the memo. He didnt even know about it.

I can't say I'm surprised. The flippers and folks "reserving one for a friend" will probably be lucky to break even.

There's demand for this console, but not nearly what the fanboys and speculators would lead you to believe.