The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#2791 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'd pre order one there ain't no games coming out though I can't already get on my ps3 or 360 that I want escept maybe new super Mario bros u. Oh well I'll wait for a good bundle or price drop amd for some reviews.

#2792 rockotaco1

rockotaco1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I can't say I'm surprised. The flippers and folks "reserving one for a friend" will probably be lucky to break even.

There's demand for this console, but not nearly what the fanboys and speculators would lead you to believe.

Lucky to break even? How ignorant are you? lol

That's why EVERYWHERE is sold out except Walmart today. Not that many people know about Walmart preorders.

#2793 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

That's why EVERYWHERE is sold out except Walmart today. Not that many people know about Walmart preorders.

I'm betting Wii's gathering dust across the nation will lead to alternate gifts, like iPad minis. "But junior never plays the one we waited in line for a few years ago!"

We'll see how shrewd the speculators are. Some will make a few bucks, many will not.

#2794 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

OMG. Walmart sucks. Some old dude told me "why would we sell something we don't have in stock?" Literally, he was three feet away from a display of preorder cards for Medal of Honor.

The memo seems powerless to convince them. The manager is checking his email. Yeesh.

#2795 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm betting Wii's gathering dust across the nation will lead to alternate gifts, like iPad minis. "But junior never plays the one we waited in line for a few years ago!"

We'll see how shrewd the speculators are. Some will make a few bucks, many will not.

At this point, i don't think its fair for either side to act like they know what will happen. Its a no lose situation anyways.

#2796 Halo05

Halo05

I cancelled my online Gamestop preorder after I got my local Walmart one. I was second at the Walmart at around 12:15 pm local time. I'm not dying for one so if Walmart screws it up, I won't be too upset. It beat paying shipping from Gamestop and not even getting the system until a week later.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#2797 Sludgepond

Sludgepond

The Trigger

• CAGiversary!

I'd put more faith in Gamestop than Walmart when it comes to preorders. Preordering in general is their thing.

That's what I was thinking but I went to Walmart to get another one on preorder but neither the layaway or electronic department knew anything about it. They told me its an online preorder thing and not in store :roll:
GameStop don't fail me now!

#2798 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

You realize some of the preorders, if not most, are speculators right?

I'm glad I'm not speculating on the wiiU for money. And I'm a big wii supporter.

#2799 Dozens

Dozens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Scalpers can return the console if the resale is too low.

There's no risk, unless you get shot as you walk out the store and somebody grabs the bag. :lol:

#2800 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

went to my walmart today at 3pm and the layaway person knew right away what to do. took about 5 minutes...

my walmart sucks i'm surprised they actually did something right. In the past I usually had to wait 30 minutes when I tried to do instore pickup.. and if i asked someone they said they can't help or they will go in the back and ask and then i never see them again.

#2801 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I just preordered one from Walmart in Stillwater, MN. They had no idea it was even going on. Had to show them the memo before they would even check on it. They had no interest in even checking on it for me until I told them I wanted them to find out what was going on.

#2802 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

There's no risk, unless you get shot as you walk out the store and somebody grabs the bag. :lol:

LOL, don't jinx it.

#2803 Heimsgard

Heimsgard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Got mine today went to Walmart here in Coos Bay, OR around 8am saw no one was in line so I went to have breakfast and came back around 8:30 still no one there. So I sat on the bench until 9 then some lady helped me she knew what I was talking about just had to get a manager because she had acouple of questions bout the memo. Pretty much once the manager got there they entered all my info I paid $40 for now got my receipt and left. I was the only one in line so first yay! xD

#2804 b4mv

b4mv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I went to walmart. Blue Laws had layaway closed. >.>

#2805 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Good God, how are Walmart employees that stupid? It's on the front page of their ad.

#2806 CAGALICIOUS

CAGALICIOUS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

I am just curious. I am not buying one to do this but,

How much do you think a WiiU will sell on eBay during the first week of launch?

I remember seeing Wii's go for $700-800...

Once again I am not pre-ordering one to re-sell it.

#2807 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Good luck. Wal-Mart only gives you 15 days to return Video Game Hardware :applause:

#2808 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I am just curious. I am not buying one to do this but,

How much do you think a WiiU will sell on eBay during the first week of launch?

I remember seeing Wii's go for $700-800...

Once again I am not pre-ordering one to re-sell it.

I say 450-550. This is definitely not as hyped as Wii was.

Edited by jwcdis, 14 October 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#2809 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I went to walmart. Blue Laws had layaway closed. >.>

North Dakota? My wife did her grad internship there and the first time I heard about the Blue Law while shopping at Wal-Mart late on a Saturday, I thought it was a joke.

#2810 CAGALICIOUS

CAGALICIOUS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I say 450-550. This is definitely as hyped as Wii was.

That seems low. I saw the $249 iPhone 5's selling for $700 on eBay last week...

#2811 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

For the clueless Walmart employees, I just need to take the memo right? and they should know what to do after that?

#2812 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

target.com just cancelled my WiiU preorder, thankfully I had a backup at gamestop (#1 on list)

#2813 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Got my pre-order at the Porter Ranch,CA Wal-Mart. Took a couple people even though the memo was right at layaway. One wierd thing is the woman said at least one payment had to be made every 30 days or else the layaway would cancel. Since the system is out in over30 days she told me I'd have to do at least one more payment, even if $10. Anyone else hear this?

Did u just preorder or did u go in the morning? Thinking of heading over to porter ranch soon :)

#2814 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I work at Walmart. Came in at 1 wanting to preorder before clocking in. The person over layaway said the Wii U was a printing error. I asked to speak to a manager since I knew better. She said no. I said ok and clocked in. I spoke to a manager and told him to find the memo for the Wii U. We found it and got the pre order ready to go. She said she even turned down people earlier for it too. Good thing I work there I guess... Ordered two and the discount worked.
Posted Image

#2815 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Went in at 1230PM to the Porter Ranch Walmart...

Didn't even have to wait in line :D
Dongs.

#2816 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I say 450-550. This is definitely as hyped as Wii was.

I already see some going on Ebay for 700.

#2817 thegarageband

thegarageband

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Ebayers and flippers.

Did u just preorder or did u go in the morning? Thinking of heading over to porter ranch soon :)

Layway is by the Garden cashiers (it's the one on the left by the bikes).
Dongs.

#2818 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

target.com just cancelled my WiiU preorder, thankfully I had a backup at gamestop (#1 on list)

Damn that sucks, getting a bit worried about my Gamestop.com preorder but well hopefully all ends well.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2819 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

I already see some going on Ebay for 700.

That will drop a lot once the release day gets here and all the other flippers put there stuff up. They will end up driving the price down since at least 75% of the sales seem to be bums looking to make money off someone elses work. I would say come release date, $450 (Deluxe version) seems about what I imagine they will be selling for. The low price on Amazon for the Wii U drops every other day.

#2820 s2kadam

s2kadam

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

14 stores and 27 preorders later, I can rest. (one guy was a harda$$ and only let me have 1. lol)