• Please log in to reply
4296 replies to this topic

#1 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

Posted Image

Well it seems we're getting a bit of a following for League of Legends here at CAG.

For those who do not know, League of Legends (LOL) is a FREE online game similar to the Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne mod "Defense of the Ancients". The game has over 60 champions to choose from, each one having their own skills and uses.

Link to download: League of Legends (yes I get credit for this);)

Here is a link to the official New User Guide for League of Legends: New User Guide

It's a lot of fun but it can also be frustrating to find a good team to play with. So I'm adding a list of all the CAGers names, LOL names, and Xfire names. I've added everyone who posted their LOL name on this board (sorry if I missed some), but I did NOT add anyone who said they play but did not list their LOL name.

THIS THREAD IS NOW A WIKI, YOU CAN NOW ADD YOUR NAMES TO THE LIST

CAG ___________ LOL _____________ XFire

Waughoo _______ Waughoo ________ waughoo81
TLPRIME ________ Worden
Morphx2 ________ FlipprDolphin
loltonytony ______ loltonytony
dabebop ________ Bravosnake
Potatoeman ______ ManyFs
Logain8955 ______ InverseMatrix
LeadSavior _______ LeadSavior
Xavin ___________ ThaReaper
Seventh _________ Feichai
icedrake523 ______ icedrake523
wakawakawa _____ Summer Summoner
Salamando3000 ___ salamando
kraivyne _________ Kray
gog0727 _________ Gog0 _________ gog0727
kaiyouske_________kaiyouske
Karunashi ________ Karunashi _____ Karunashi
cachucha ________ Cachuchin
ExplodingRat _____ ExplodingRat
Finishoff _________ Finishoff
jbang ___________ jacksalad
RisenShadow _____ RisenShadow
urmomlikesme ____ urm0mlikesme
hero101 _________ Lindor Chocolate
Kasama __________ KilU420
wckddudeman ____ wckddudeman
Ghich ___________ MoistTroll
Jam424 _________ Jam424
mrx001__________ bearswillmessUup
Luxuria___________7DSLuxuria
RabbitSuit_________Rabbitsuit
crystalklear64______ck64___________crystalklear64
GoingIncognito______Randombits
Tom Jane__________Flollop
kainzero___________jooooooooe
xilly_______________Sybaritical
Sir_Fragalot________sirfragalot
Wenislad___________Ory

Edited by Waughoo, 16 August 2012 - 02:03 AM.
Added player

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:04 AM

More of a HoN guy myself.

#3 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:02 AM

I keep meaning to give it a try. My co-worker goes on and on about it. Plays it CONSTANTLY when he's not at work.

#4 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:06 AM

Used to play it a bit in the Beta, but then retail came out and I never felt like waiting for the characters that I liked to be in rotation. Nor do I feel like paying the money to use the characters that I liked. Plus I sucked.

#5 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

I think I have everyone from Xfire on my friend list. I see a good amount of CAGs on it.

Xfire would be the best way to connect with other players for that game.

I covered that game on my 'Free And Legal PC Games' list.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244468

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#6 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

Thats what I like about it actually, you never have to pay for anything. All the characters can be unlocked just by playing the game. The only stuff that requires real money to buy is XP and IP boosts, which give you double XP or IP for a couple days. Even those are occasionally given out for free on certain weekends. I just hit lvl 21, and have bought like 6 or so characters plus a filled all my available rune slots and I havent spent a dime.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

I used to play HoN a whole lot, but I like LoL a lot more now, because of the people that play it mostly. Plus I have been told I am extremely good at the game :P . If you want, add me: ThaReaper.

Posted Image

#8 fldash

fldash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

HON is the hardcore, snot-nosed brat, elitist one of the two. I haven't played LOL, only HON, and the community is such a drag that sometimes I find myself wanting to go on a rampage... I might give LOL a try because I here the community is quite a bit better...

#9 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

I play occasionally. Name is InverseMatrix.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#10 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

LOL is a great game, the community can be dicks at time. The only problem with this game is disconnects because if one person disconnects, the game doesn't do anything to reconnect a new player. So essentially someone could DC when the map loads and it becomes 4v5 the whole game.

#11 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, unfortunately that happens often. Usually you get at least one player who rage-quits. Thats why I'm trying to find people to play, so we can do arranged matches and not worry about quitters.

You learn alot from those people though, for instance, did you know that if someone has a bad game, they are automatically a noob? However, if someone is really pwning everyone else, then they are ALSO a noob cause they're obviously using an over-powered hero and playing cheaply. Also, if you're playing a game and you personally are doing terrible, but the rest of your team is doing great, it's because THEY are noobs! I actually played a game yesterday where someone rage-quit because "I would have killed him if that noob wasnt using heal!".

All that aside, I still love the game and have fun playing it. Oh, and the new 3x3 map came outta beta today :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

yeah, unfortunately that happens often. Usually you get at least one player who rage-quits. Thats why i'm trying to find people to play, so we can do arranged matches and not worry about quitters.

You learn alot from those people though, for instance, did you know that if someone has a bad game, they are automatically a noob? However, if someone is really pwning everyone else, then they are also a noob cause they're obviously using an over-powered hero and playing cheaply. Also, if you're playing a game and you personally are doing terrible, but the rest of your team is doing great, it's because they are noobs! I actually played a game yesterday where someone rage-quit because "i would have killed him if that noob wasnt using heal!".

All that aside, i still love the game and have fun playing it. Oh, and the new 3x3 map came outta beta today :)

lol!

It's free or Fuck it!

#13 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, unfortunately that happens often. Usually you get at least one player who rage-quits. Thats why I'm trying to find people to play, so we can do arranged matches and not worry about quitters.

You learn alot from those people though, for instance, did you know that if someone has a bad game, they are automatically a noob? However, if someone is really pwning everyone else, then they are ALSO a noob cause they're obviously using an over-powered hero and playing cheaply. Also, if you're playing a game and you personally are doing terrible, but the rest of your team is doing great, it's because THEY are noobs! I actually played a game yesterday where someone rage-quit because "I would have killed him if that noob wasnt using heal!".

All that aside, I still love the game and have fun playing it. Oh, and the new 3x3 map came outta beta today :)

That is an awesome story, and it really is true, seen some of it happen myself. The DoTA community (at least for WC3) is what had kept me away for so long. Like the "No Noob/DL" games... how am I not supposed to be a noob if you won't let me DL the game and play!?!?!?! But anyway... Nice profile avatar thing (always forget the name of it).

I played Leagues of Legend awhile ago, should get back into it, but anyway my problem is that they released it way to quickly to retail. The game was good, but launching a game with only 1 playable map?

But nah I like it, well I liked it more before they decided to alter Ryze. Now I understand a nerf because then the character (or class) is the same, but weaker, or more balanced. But they completely changed how Ryze plays now with new skills... And yes i know they changed him months ago, but that was back when I played.

#14 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

Dammit...this thread has inspired me to pick up this game for a few more games...cursed decently produced free game clogging up my backlog. The "First Win of the Day" bonus IP is really really nice...but it'd still take a long time to get the IP needed for a rank 4 champion. I'll hate losing Mundo when the Champion Wheel spins again in a couple days.

Gotta ask though...what's the deal with Riot Points? for 5 bucks, you get 650 RP, iirc, but any champion or skin costs more than that. Skins especially, Red Baron Corki would cost more than 10 bucks (and skins cannot be bought with IP, only RP). I know they gotta make money somehow, but dang. At that rate the only skins I'll ever own are the ones I get for free, which goes against my "gotta collect everything" nature.

#15 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Ryze is still a beast after the changes. If they player is even halfway decent they can devastate any non-tank character. I use Kat, so I just wait for him to use his trap on someone else before I hop in and Death Lotus his face.

I find RP to be complete waste of time unless you use them to buy with ip or xp boots. Either of those
will give you double ip or xp earned for X number of days. The best thing to do is use an ip boost on one of Riot's occasional 'Double IP weekends'. So you could have 4x IP for a weekend, which would be like 800 IP for your first win of the day alone. There is the issue of server downtime on those weekends though. I've seen they're server go down on IP weekends twices, but only for a few hours at a time. It still screws people over though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Icydragon

Icydragon

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

No, the only downtime they have is when some hackers trying to crash the server or Riot trying to update new patch.

#17 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

Feichai in game, added you.

I am a horny engineer, I never joke about math or sex.

- Wolowitz

#18 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

I've been playing for a while now, almost level 30. I just recently bought Shen, but my favorite is Ezreal; my overall record with him (kills/deaths/assists) is 434/175/298.

Posted Image

#19 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

I use Kat mainly, just cause she's fun to play. I sometimes use Ashe, but not too often. I used to use Siv, but after many many games I finally realized that I suck with her.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

Played one single game back in Beta. I never was a fan of DotA types, and as such, I can't see myself getting good at it. Learning curve was a bit steep, and the community, both for HoN and my sample of LoL, was quite unforgiving
Main Gaming PC: Acer Aspire m5630; C2D E4400 2.2ghz, 3gb ram, ATI HD 4850, 500gb.
Laptop: HP Compaq 6910p; C2D T7400 2.4gh, 2gb ram, Intel x3100,
120gb,
Consoles: PS3 4usb 60gb BC, Xbox 360 120gb Elite, Nintendo Wii
Handheld: PSP 3000, DS Lite, DSi.

#21 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

Played one single game back in Beta. I never was a fan of DotA types, and as such, I can't see myself getting good at it. Learning curve was a bit steep, and the community, both for HoN and my sample of LoL, was quite unforgiving

It's true that it's tough to learn, but once you learn how to play it well it can be extremely rewarding. Some of the best times I've had gaming have been when I was doing well in DotA (as rare as they were).

It's A LOT better if you're playing with friends or people you know though. Find some people online or here on CAG to play with a regular basis and you'll find it to be a much better experience.

#22 angrypurplecyclops

angrypurplecyclops

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

I just started playing and there is definitely a learning curve but the game play is very cool for a free game, there's lots of options and new things being added and even when you lose it's pretty fun because you'll definitely get better by playing and your "summoner" earns exp even when you lose and you get IP (which is how you upgrade stuff and purchase more hero's) every game.

#23 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

Well, looks like the new problem for this week was an overabundance of players. If you tried to join a game, you'd most likely have a 5 minute wait before getting into the pre-game team chat. After that, you'd wait awhile and then be kicked back out into the waiting queue. It would always say "xxxxxx has left during champion select, you have been placed back in the matchmaking queue". Which would make sense if it happened once or twice, but it happened to me 6 times in a row! My other 2 games I played had it happen 3 or 4 times each too.

Even though its a free to play game, they do have paying customers. They need to get their servers working better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

Dammit, I might bite the bullet and pick this up again... any tips/tricks?
Main Gaming PC: Acer Aspire m5630; C2D E4400 2.2ghz, 3gb ram, ATI HD 4850, 500gb.
120gb,

#25 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:55 AM

Is there any sort of offline mode against bots, to get a feel for the gameplay before jumping online?

Nvm, seems to be a practice mode you can use bots in, awesome.

#26 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

I've tried to pick this up a few times, and each time I get about 2 games in before I run into one of the...colorful members of the community. It's about then when I remember why I hate DotA so much. (Once I tried HoN instead; there it only took one game.)

Lo and behold, the pattern repeated itself tonight. I dedicate this most recent failure to become interested in LoL to that guy whose name I've already forgotten that just spent the last 20 minutes explaining to me in no uncertain terms how horrible a person I am for daring to be bad at a video game.

What really tops it off for me, though, is the conclusion to our exchange:

Me: It's just a game, bro.
Him: one you should never play again.

Good advice, I think.
Posted Image

#27 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

What really tops it off for me, though, is the conclusion to our exchange:

Me: It's just a game, bro.
Him: one you should never play again.

Good advice, I think.

Wow... just wow. How the hell can DotA-types even survive with this much vitriol? At least the Hardcore CS community is somewhat forgiving and understanding.
120gb,

#28 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Wow... just wow. How the hell can DotA-types even survive with this much vitriol? At least the Hardcore CS community is somewhat forgiving and understanding.

I think many online games (especially freeware) survive because ppl come in playing with a core base of friends and family.

It's free or Fuck it!

#29 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

My friends and I played a 3v3 earlier and won, however the servers went down right after the match, so I dont think our stats were saved. Awesome.

EDIT

Great, another 3v3, another win, and another server crash. This is getting to be bullshit. Should be 2-0 but am still 0-0.

Edited by SEH, 10 April 2010 - 10:32 PM.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#30 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

They're like wild animals. They don't respond to reason, you simply have to show you're the alpha male by being good at the game. If you're not good at the game then you just have to take it on the chin. It sucks but that's just the kind of community that spawns in a game this heavily team based.