League of Legends anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4294 replies to this topic

#4111 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I just started playing recently with my cousins and their friends. Is it just us or is the matchmaking terrible?

#4112 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Had a game where our Vi derped smite on Baron and the enemy Eve just walked in and stole it. 4 of us died and the enemy team took out some turrets and an inhib. Then when Baron was back up, they went for it. I was playing Graves and went behind it. They were harassing me but I somehow managed to steal it with just my Q. I just used that to hit them back but it killed Baron, used my ult on them anyway which worked out well since I got a couple assists out of that.

Got Baron again later and just pushed and had a team fight. But we definitely would have lost if we didn't get Baron when I stole it :)

#4113 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I just started playing recently with my cousins and their friends. Is it just us or is the matchmaking terrible?

in what way?

it works fine for me.
Every day's great at your Junes!

#4114 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Solo Que.
Team demands I go top.
I pick Veigar.
"OMG GG NOOB WHY WOULD YOU PICK THAT"
No one dodges.

I'm against Gangplank.
I win and turn around every other lane with ganks.
+Honorable opponent and teamwork points all around.

GG Deathfire "Nerf"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4115 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

in what way?

it works fine for me.

Me and my cousins are pretty good gamers. We're pretty competitive and the majority of games we play we usually win in with a good-to-great ratio. We were also pretty good at DotA. Certainly not pro-lvl competition (I don't think) but we won most games we played as far as pubs are concerned. So with that said we jump into LoL games and it feels like we're playing against smurfs and/or we always get the player that feeds. I'm sure it was also us getting used to playing against/with champs we don't understand and getting the feel of the game but to me there's no way we should be going 1-2 wins every 10 games. At least that was how it felt when we just started. Now it's a lot better at lv12+.

#4116 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

i think there's a lot of noobstomping stuff in league (think riki/SA from dota).

the other thing is that if you have a stack, you get matched up with other stacks. so if you have a group of 3, they try to pair you against a team that has another group of 3.

lastly is that there is always an mmr, even in normals, so you tend to play against people matched up similar to your skill level, and starting out it is actually really volatile but eventually it will even out.

#4117 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

So after saying it got better I lost 10-12 games in a row (with and without a group) and when I should have gotten one win I got the sitting reconnect error and couldn't rejoin after quitting out. If it wasn't for an angry join to a new match when I should have gotten off I would have missed a 8/6/27 King Rammus game. Goddamn MOBA games are so easy to hate and so easy to love.

#4118 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yeah matchmaking is usually terrible, speaking from a 3's stand point anyway.

#4119 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I randomly decide to try playing this game occasionally and always get amazingly shit games.

Just had one where we kept getting dove bot by Nunu, EZ, and Sona. Like, four times in a row just dove on. We ask Udyr for a gank (who has yet to come bottom) and he says "nah". I'm just like "whatever dude, keep ganking your buddies lane over and over rather than the one being camped. Its not like a fed EZ is going to be a problem". He responds "Dont worry, I'm getting Anivia fed (3-2) she carries hard late".

We lost because of the fed EZ.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4120 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

when i jungle, i gank based on opportunity. a lot of times when top dies twice and then asks me to gank, there's a high chance that the opponent top laner will 1v2 us. usually i look at gank opportunities based on the position of the creep wave and the health of both laners.

bot lane is especially hard to gank if you don't tell me where the wards are. pinking is more important with sightstone in play.

the only thing that annoys me is when i am pushed to tower a lot in early game and our jungler doesn't do anything about it. it's practically free kills.

#4121 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

when i jungle, i gank based on opportunity. a lot of times when top dies twice and then asks me to gank, there's a high chance that the opponent top laner will 1v2 us. usually i look at gank opportunities based on the position of the creep wave and the health of both laners.

bot lane is especially hard to gank if you don't tell me where the wards are. pinking is more important with sightstone in play.

the only thing that annoys me is when i am pushed to tower a lot in early game and our jungler doesn't do anything about it. it's practically free kills.

Thats the thing. Their bot was continuously pushing to set up the tower dive. We told Udyr this after the first time they did it. The second time he's at the golems just watching rather than coming in to help (oh, but he'll go in and clean up if need be).

I understand at some point you have to give up on a lane if they're getting dominated and you need to go and try and get other lanes fed so they can carry. However, never even attempting to help is fucking stupid, and then to be a complete moron about it is even worse.

I look back on it and I'm glad we lost. Maybe that Udyr will be less retarded in the future and realize that letting EZ (or any AD for that matter) just get free kills when you're in the area is a dumb thing to do. He probably wont, but one can hope.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4122 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

also udyr vs ez is just asking for trouble in teamfights, lol.

triforce ez + sona slow + nunu slow

well
damn

#4123 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

anyone know much about networking etc?

I tried playing this on my laptop in November and had a lot of "lag" etc including audio lag. I expected lag/latency due to internet but does the FPS counter have anything to do with connection? My ping was in the 110s for the most part and fps was in single digits maybe reaching the teens at times.

Now a few weeks ago I tried again at my aunt and uncle's house (on my laptop still but this time a different pc profile which shouldn't matter). I didn't really play much but the ping and fps were better. Ping was in the 90s and fps 20-30s.

My laptop has 4gb ram and an ATI Radeon graphics card. At home [in my room that is two floors above the router/modem] I have verizon dsl. My aunt and uncle have fios and I was on the same floor as the router/modem.

Just wondering if anyone could explain the fps difference and importance.

#4124 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

It sounds like your laptop isn't very powerful. 4GB RAM is on the lower end (I think 8GB has become more common) and my guess is your graphics card is integrated. 20-30 FPS is very low and due to your computer. The lag is due to your connection. Did you try reducing the visual settings?

#4125 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

What you're experiencing is frame lag and not lag from your internet connection. Your ping and your FPS share zero relation or effect over one another. Your PC isn't powerful enough to handle League of Legends. 4GB's of RAM is just fine, but whatever video card you have (as stated, probably integrated) isn't good enough to run the game.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4126 kaiyouske

kaiyouske

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how some of these ranked players ever got to level 30 without knowing some of the very basic concepts as looking at the mini map and sticking with the team. I feel that the main problem with this game is that Riot fails to teach the players with a more thorough single player or vs AI mode that would properly teach how to play each role(Top, Mid, ADC, Jungle, Support) and therefore flooding their own game with people that are absolutely clueless when they graduate to play against other humans.
-kaiyouske

#4127 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

There isn't enough of an indicator when you're doing something correctly or not. People just use the scoreboard as the judge as to whether or not they are playing well. From early on, they're just taught that as long as you have a positive score you're fine and can proceed to shit talk anyone that doesn't have a positive score.

It doesn't matter if you're AP carry and are 10-2-0 when all you're doing is walking in after all your team dies and just cleaning up. It doesn't matter if you're support and are 6-2-1, you're stealing kills from people on your team that can benefit from them more. That's where the problem lies though, the game doesn't give you any critiques. They look at the scoreboard and just assume they're doing great.

One of our friends is this way. He'll be 0-3-1 near the end of the game, just being completely useless throughout. Then, in garbage time (AKA when we're in their base ready to win, they're in our base ready to win, or we're just goofing around farming kills) he'll clean up half a dozen kills and end the game 6-3-1. After the game is over he'll proceed to talk about how he "did okay", only basing that thought off his score that he only wound up getting in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4128 kaiyouske

kaiyouske

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Which was why I really think they should just make 5 campaigns for the game; one for each role. Maybe put in a achievement system for these campaigns so that would entice people to give them a shot. But yeah, the amount of ignorant people in ranked games are ridiculous. Just had another game where people won't even pick as a team so I got 3 ADs.... lol. Awesome.
-kaiyouske

#4129 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

riot doesn't want to be locked into the role mindset and will never acknowledge that the game is "supposed" to be played 1-1-2 with jungle.

that said, on purple side one time i had bot lane completely warded, we got pushed to tower and were poked pretty hard so we had to push lane and back. a fight happens at blue side wraiths between our mids and jungles and bot lane comes up and cleans up.

"WHERE'S THE MIA"

well shit LOOK AT THE WARDS

also because of the matchmaking people can get to level 30 regardless of how bad they are, believe it or not there are a lot of players who are really bad. i have a couple of friends who are pretty bad but fun to play with, and when i play with them in normals we often get teams that don't even have junglers.

#4130 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

riot doesn't want to be locked into the role mindset and will never acknowledge that the game is "supposed" to be played 1-1-2 with jungle.

that said, on purple side one time i had bot lane completely warded, we got pushed to tower and were poked pretty hard so we had to push lane and back. a fight happens at blue side wraiths between our mids and jungles and bot lane comes up and cleans up.

"WHERE'S THE MIA"

well shit LOOK AT THE WARDS

I hate when people cry that they didn't get an mia when they engage on the jungler or something right next to a lane. You know the opposing top laner was in his lane 5 seconds before he killed you, why do I need to mia? Map awareness is totally lost on most people.

Just yesterday I was supporting a Varus and I had river warded and their jungle was coming. I saw the Varus not moving so I pinged the jungler 3 times as I was retreating, he still didn't react and died. I was expecting him to blame me for leaving him or not typing or some shit, but he realized his folly and said he fucked up. I could talk all day about how a majority of people playing this game are retarded, but I think we all know that. I especially like games where I pick a champ, get bitched out because this champ sucks, and wreck face with him. They still say he sucks though, ok bros.

#4131 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Glad I was able to trade some MS points for RP because I bought my first skin. Sad Robot Amumu is great. Frankly any mecha skin in this game looks cool. Damn if the champs and skins in this game aren't expensive. Wish Riot would take the Valve route more and love their players more.

Also thinking of getting Fizz. Anyone have any opinions on him?

#4132 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

merhabalar tavsiye edebileceğiniz <a href="http://www.expertakademi.com/index/kurumsal/hizmet/5/Web_&_Grafik_Tasarim">web tasarım</a> firması var mıdır ? benim için çok önemli

Agreed.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4133 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

LoL Noob here. Just got to Summoner level 8 playing mostly Beginner Bot matches.

I feel like I've been doing pretty well playing ADC as Twitch (only dying once or twice a match, taking down towers and laning) but I tried my first Intermediate bot match last night and got rolled. Died 12 times, basically any time Ryze bot found me I was dead. We lost the match but luckily I was playing with a good group of randoms and everyone had some helpful advice. I guess its just keep practicing or stick to beginner bots for now!

#4134 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Glad I was able to trade some MS points for RP because I bought my first skin. Sad Robot Amumu is great. Frankly any mecha skin in this game looks cool. Damn if the champs and skins in this game aren't expensive. Wish Riot would take the Valve route more and love their players more.

Also thinking of getting Fizz. Anyone have any opinions on him?

fizz is tough to play because you're melee ap mid. granted, with flask you're better off than you were s2.

other than that he's decent, just gotta hit your ult and time your pole correctly. we're still in league of ad assassins though, and i'm not sure if he loses to them or not.

#4135 9Tale

9Tale

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

One of our friends is this way. He'll be 0-3-1 near the end of the game, just being completely useless throughout. Then, in garbage time (AKA when we're in their base ready to win, they're in our base ready to win, or we're just goofing around farming kills) he'll clean up half a dozen kills and end the game 6-3-1. After the game is over he'll proceed to talk about how he "did okay", only basing that thought off his score that he only wound up getting in the last 10 minutes of the game.

He's right though. If he's able to get an advantage and extend it from having 0 kills then good on him. This is by definition being a late game champion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said I'm looking for a few CAGs to play some casuals to help me get to 30 on my smurf.

#4136 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

He's right though. If he's able to get an advantage and extend it from having 0 kills then good on him. This is by definition being a late game champion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said I'm looking for a few CAGs to play some casuals to help me get to 30 on my smurf.

Contributing zero to the team for 30 minutes then getting 3-4 free clean-up kills during garbage time isn't being a "late game" champ.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#4137 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

sounds like a top laner, lol

#4138 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

It sounds like your laptop isn't very powerful. 4GB RAM is on the lower end (I think 8GB has become more common) and my guess is your graphics card is integrated. 20-30 FPS is very low and due to your computer. The lag is due to your connection. Did you try reducing the visual settings?

4GB RAM is perfectly fine.

He didn't post his specs, but even if he has a low end ATI CPU/GPU combo (c-50 and such) that come in the $300 laptops, it's more than sufficient to run LoL.

The problem is that you most likely have too much BS running. Low end computer especially, ship with a bunch of running programs you don't need.

Windows Key + R
(Run Command) type msconfig
Go to Startup tab
Uncheck all (even if you uncheck your AV product it will still autostart)

Should help a ton. Assuming you don't have hardware problems. And turn the graphics down a little in game. I've run LoL fantastic on old Core Solo and integrated video, which is pretty old and low end. You should be fine if you optimize your stuff.

#4139 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

im too good to play with you guys, but add me anyway: FlipprDolphin

#4140 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

back to playing again