League of Legends anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4296 replies to this topic

#31 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

Thats why I'm trying to get people together to play. I'm tired of being grouped with these random guys who just wanna ruin it for everyone else. Although, I do get some amusement out of them. I had a guy the other day who would run straight into 3-5 of the enemy at once with no teammates nearby. He'd die, then complain about how "No backup again?! I can't win with these f***ing noobs on my team!" even though he had no kills, and yet are team was something like +12 kills on the enemy.

Seriously though, if you guys wanna play add me, I'm on about every night and I'm happy to play with anyone who doesn't throw a fit/rage quit/or AFK just cause the game isnt going well. It's a game, you gotta lose sometime. And this game is designed to keep you around 50/50 win/lose.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

Thats why I'm trying to get people together to play. I'm tired of being grouped with these random guys who just wanna ruin it for everyone else. Although, I do get some amusement out of them. I had a guy the other day who would run straight into 3-5 of the enemy at once with no teammates nearby. He'd die, then complain about how "No backup again?! I can't win with these f***ing noobs on my team!" even though he had no kills, and yet are team was something like +12 kills on the enemy.

Seriously though, if you guys wanna play add me, I'm on about every night and I'm happy to play with anyone who doesn't throw a fit/rage quit/or AFK just cause the game isnt going well. It's a game, you gotta lose sometime. And this game is designed to keep you around 50/50 win/lose.

I play with Juno and Chico via Xfire - I forget who they are on CAG but I met them via the Xfire thread...They play that game Everyday..you can add me but I am still learning the game.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#33 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

I play with Juno and Chico via Xfire - I forget who they are on CAG but I met them via the Xfire thread...They play that game Everyday..you can add me but I am still learning the game.

I added you on xfire awhile ago actually. I haven't seen you playing yet, but that coulda been cause I was on xfire via raptr, which doesnt seem to work correctly most of the time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 LeadSavior

LeadSavior

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

I play this pretty often now, if you want to add me its my CAG name (LeadSavior).

#35 rumarudrathas

rumarudrathas

Oderint Dum Metuant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

Okay, I finally got this demonic game installed and ran a single practice games on the easiest bot level.

Took me 48mins to beat that match, and it took me 35 mins to reach level 18 (I'm assuming that's the cap?). I tried to play with a caster coined as the "shortest/littlest of evils" expecting a good amount of burst damage. I wasn't impressed really so I'll try my luck on a melee character, though I'm never any good with them in Demigod.

Any tips on which newb-friendly character I should aim for? I tend to play offensively but I wouldn't mind playing a good support that can serve as impromptu front-line. While I'm at it, how about a good way of leveling up quickly and efficiently?
Main Gaming PC: Acer Aspire m5630; C2D E4400 2.2ghz, 3gb ram, ATI HD 4850, 500gb.
Laptop: HP Compaq 6910p; C2D T7400 2.4gh, 2gb ram, Intel x3100,
120gb,
Consoles: PS3 4usb 60gb BC, Xbox 360 120gb Elite, Nintendo Wii
Handheld: PSP 3000, DS Lite, DSi.

#36 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:59 AM

Okay, I finally got this demonic game installed and ran a single practice games on the easiest bot level.

Took me 48mins to beat that match, and it took me 35 mins to reach level 18 (I'm assuming that's the cap?). I tried to play with a caster coined as the "shortest/littlest of evils" expecting a good amount of burst damage. I wasn't impressed really so I'll try my luck on a melee character, though I'm never any good with them in Demigod.

Any tips on which newb-friendly character I should aim for? I tend to play offensively but I wouldn't mind playing a good support that can serve as impromptu front-line. While I'm at it, how about a good way of leveling up quickly and efficiently?

Leveling up depends on each character (although lvl 18 is the cap). There is no one efficient way because each character is so different. If you are an offensive player try master yi. He is all abour offense and can get 20 kills a game if you are lucky. Otherwise try silvir or nunu because they are 450 and are both melee tank like characters.

#37 sniping_dreamer

sniping_dreamer

Pew pew pew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

Just started to play this recently. I really like what they did to improve the interface.

However, if you can only mute the annoying character sounds/change the announcer-lady.

Not that it doesn't sound extremely bad...but I wish you can replace it by a mod or something.

Also, I've been solely using Evelyn. I'll miss her when she disappears off this week's free-heroes.
Posted Image

#38 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

You're talking about Veigar, that little bastard mage. Even with the recommended build, if you start using his skills for building your base AP, you can do insane damage. Stun, Meteor spell then Ultimate ability will make short of anyone. Considering that you can essentially double your damage across all abilities is enough.

For noob friendly I would recommend Ashe or Sivir. Easy to use and can contribute greatly to the team (I prefer Sivir really)
Posted Image

#39 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:05 AM

Ok, thought you guys would like this one... I finally had one of these jerks get to me.

Me and this guy, he's Nasus and I'm Katarina, are on the top lane. He's taking every possible opportunity to get himself killed. He's basically just rushing the other team the whole time, even when they're under towers. He dies like 3 times before we hit lvl 6, and I haven't died but got maybe 4 kills. Now I've finally got my Ult (basically she just throws a bunch of knives for big damage), and I keep having to use it to try and scare the other team away from him so he doesn't die.

After saving him like the 4th time in a row... he rushes them again before my ult recharges and dies. Then he says this "I can't lane with Kat, she NEVER uses her ult, and just kill steals". Now I usually ignore these people, but I've seriously spent this whole game trying to keep this guy alive, now he's mad at me. So I'm like "Every time my ults been up, I've had to use it to save you, and I couldn't use it that last time because you rushed them before it could recharge." Oh and as for the 'kill steals', I'd like to point out that he was dead when I got most of those kills, so I dunno how I stole them.

Well he ignores that and changes lanes, which I'm fine with. Our team is doing well (except Nasus), and we're coordinating well with each other. We decide to push the mid lane together. Nasus, of course, rushes the other team... all 5 of them. Instant death. Now he's mad at our ENTIRE team. He starts yelling at us for not supporting him (BTW, no support characters on our team). Someone mentions he shouldn't rush the entire enemy team. Well now he's like "I'm a TANK, I'm supposed to be up front. You're all supposed to support me! It's common sense!". I say "You shouldn't rush the entire enemy team either, it's common sense".

Now he starts saying how the rest of us dont "know our roles" and he knows HIS role, his character's description even says "tank". I told him not to be mad at us because he's bad at his role.

I think that really ticked him off, cause now I'm being told how ALL my kills were thanks to him, and I wouldnt have any without him, and he was gonna prove it to me. I'm like "Cool, go for it". So he goes off by himself... and dies... alot. Meanwhile I'm having a great game, getting a lot of double kills and we've taking out almost all the other team's towers. We finally get into their base, and I get rushed. I manage to kill 3 enemies before I gotta run. One more enemy is chasing me, but I run past a teammate specifically so he can kill him for me. The teammate gets this enemy down to a tiny bit of health, and Nasus shows up and finishes him off. Then he says "See?? That was ALL me!"

I'm just like "Yup... all you. Good job"

Well, he got in a few more comments about how great he is, and I think dies once or twice more before we win. But he ended with like 3/14/7 or something. I think I was 18/2/12. The rest of the team we high kills low deaths too. One of them added me to their friend list cause they liked our teamwork.

But seriously... I spend the first 15-20 min of this game trying really hard to save this guy's butt, and I all I get I yelled at. I was rather ticked off at the time, but now it's just funny.

Anyways, thought you guys might get a laugh out of that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

I've been playing pub games today, and there is one thing that's been bothering me. I really hate that you have to wait 25 minutes to call a surrender. 10 minutes in and they already have like three or four of your towers and you can just read the writing on the wall, yet you cant do anything but basically feed them to try and end it quicker. I try doing my part, but it's pointless when you've got four teammates up top trying to gank one player while the other four enemies just rape your towers at the bottom.

So many people worried about upping their KDR than actually working together to win.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#41 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

New update is out. Added new character Garen, who already needs a nerf I think. But patch also balances some of the other characters better, added a couple new items, and some new skins are available.

Also I just got Ezreal, who is awesome. I'm not great with him yet, but I do ok. He's especially hard since he is entirely skill shot based.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 a_bleak_tomorrow

a_bleak_tomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

just started playing yesterday its fun but i suck will report back if i get any better haha.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 happy

happy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

Sorry for the crazy bump, but I just started playing and am enjoying it so far. Apparently they're starting the first season next week if any cags are interested in making teams (I'm not entirely sure how it works other than that I'll need to get to lvl 20 to participate).

#44 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

Every time I try to re-pick this game up, I'm immediately reminded why I stopped playing in the first place...trying to Solo-queue bites.

Recently had a round that had someone on our team DC at the start, leaving us at 4v5. Twitch and Heimerdinger couldn't agree who got mid, so both went there, and both refused to leave, leaving Alistar and Malphite (me) on the sides by ourselves. Eventually got to the point Twitch and Dinger were trying to sabotage the other by reporting their locations to the other team.

#45 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

I tend to stick to 3v3 maps... less chances of someone DC/leaving it appears.
Posted Image

#46 potatoman

potatoman

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

its a good game but i prefer Heroes of Newerth.:)

#47 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

Season 1 has begun:

http://www.leagueofl....com/season_one

It includes a complete revamp of the client (lobby area). I'm totally hooked on this game. I would compare it to a faster paced Demigod that actually has a great community.
Space for Rent:lol:

#48 kilm

kilm

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Season 1 has begun:

http://www.leagueofl....com/season_one

It includes a complete revamp of the client (lobby area). I'm totally hooked on this game. I would compare it to a faster paced Demigod that actually has a great community.

I like how when you're already in the client/lobby, there is a link to download game.

About the "great" community, I wouldn't go that far. I feel it's the the same as any other gaming community, but I do get far less nonsense in-game than other games.

#49 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

I like how when you're already in the client/lobby, there is a link to download game.

About the "great" community, I wouldn't go that far. I feel it's the the same as any other gaming community, but I do get far less nonsense in-game than other games.

Yeah, I've been playing it quite a bit recently and I see Waughu on xfire playing it often as well. The best part is that its free! For more great free games like League of Legends, check out Megazell's thread located here:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244468
stickied in the PC forum!

:lol::D:applause:8-):)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 kilm

kilm

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, I've been playing it quite a bit recently and I see Waughu on xfire playing it often as well. The best part is that its free! For more great free games like League of Legends, check out Megazell's thread located here:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=244468
stickied in the PC forum!

:lol::D:applause:8-):)

Funny. You're a really funny guy.

No, seriously, this post made me lol

#51 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

I've been playing a bloody lot of LoL recently.

Name on there is InverseMatrix and I play a mediocre Evelynn.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#52 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

InverseMatrix; I play Eve.

Why would you do this to yourself?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

Why would you do this to yourself?

Because she's fun to play :D

Sneak sneak RAVAGE QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ DEAD ENEMY

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

#54 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:08 AM

Any recommendations for clans or groups? Tired of playing with random players.
Posted Image

#55 kilm

kilm

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Any recommendations for clans or groups? Tired of playing with random players.

Just find people you know who like DOTA games? Or like other games, play a game and if there's someone on your team you enjoyed playing with, just add him to your buddy list. Even a 2p queue is better than a 1p queue.

#56 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for people to play with as solo queue does suck. I haven't got to play much since season 1 started though, I've been pretty ill. Once I'm better I'll be jumping right back into it. I did a few ranked games and quickly realized I REALLY need to learn more champs. I usually only play a couple different ones, and with draft mode in effect I often do not get to pick my main.

Oh, and if you're interested in trying the game out, please use this link

https://signup.leagu...f=4bad2605b3d91

I'll get credit for the referral. Shameless, I know, but I like free stuff. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Triggerhappy14

Triggerhappy14

Hey, what's going on?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

I stopped playing for a while and recently began playing it again with a friend and I'm having so much fun. I'm glad I decided to start playing again.

#58 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

Decided to give Veigar a try for a bit, since I know Eve sucks.

Little black mage dude is awesome, but damn he falls over quick. I need to work on him a bit to get him up to my Eve standard.

I just wish Eve was more viable at higher levels, since I can murder people pretty well with her.

#59 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, I'm forced to stop playing Kat so much. Everyone has realized that one stun/silence/taunt/anything ruins her. I've tried playing Shen abit, and I like him. Also I've been trying Kassadin, but I'm really bad with him. And every once in awhile I just play Ashe, since she's pretty easy to do decent with. I really need to learn a good tank, and maybe a healer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Is there any tips on getting Riot points on the cheap? I checked ebay, but no luck. By the way Rammus rules with the right items:).
Space for Rent:lol: