League of Legends anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4296 replies to this topic

#61 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

No, I dont think theres a cheap method for Riot Points. I was gonna use E-Rewards to get gamestop cards, and buy Riot Points thru them, but they dont carry them. So instead I'll just save them all for a 3DS :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

I'll be playing tonight (currently 8h48pm PST) if anyone cares to join me, would like to try arranged teams plus voice chat throrugh xfire.

XFIRE: kamui34
Posted Image

#63 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Double XP weekend going on...I'm not going to say it is the best time for new players, but for jumping back in it isn't a terrible time to come back to level up.
Space for Rent:lol:

#64 kilm

kilm

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

Double XP weekend going on...I'm not going to say it is the best time for new players, but for jumping back in it isn't a terrible time to come back to level up.

I think XP is the same, but IP is doubled. Stack IP boost per day and per win and watch your IP skyrocket!

But yeah, servers suck though. Lagging and DCing way more often than usual.

#65 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

You are right it is IP, or it was IP.
Space for Rent:lol:

#66 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

Just in case anyone was trying to add me or anything... I just had surgery on Monday, and cant really sit at the computer too long at a time. I get really tired really quick, so I'm not doing any online gaming cause I dont know when I'll suddenly need to stop playing and go rest. Hopefully I'll be back to it in a week or two.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#67 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Is this what everyone plays instead of Heroes of Newerth?

Tried LoL...really didn't think it even compared to HoN. :/

#68 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

How is HoN better? If I recall LoL team is made up of people who worked on DoTA?
Posted Image

#69 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

HoN seems generally more polished IMO. I like the cel-shade of LoL, but for the most part, everytime I tried LoL, I ran into insane amounts of network problems. Random people disconnecting when there were already 10 in a room. People disconnecting at load screens.

Not that this stuff doesn't happen in HoN, but I haven't seen any progression to work away from it in LoL. Also...I can only play as a few characters in LoL starting out? Not a fan.

#70 kilm

kilm

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

Eh, there's a lot of Pro-HoN anti-LOL and Pro-LoL anti-HoN on each respective forums. To each their own.

#71 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

I just started playing and really enjoying it :)

Bought the collectors edition for $20 at amazon, and it comes with 20 champs and even $10 worth of rune points..so its kinda like it only being $10...but not really

#72 kilm

kilm

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

http://www.pcgamer.c...-new-art-style/

pretty interesting stuff

#73 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

So I assume none of these games have bots you can play against? I'm never "elite" enough to have fun with these games. Too many people devote their lives to them and are gods by the time I try to join in.

#74 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:40 AM

There are practice games you can play against bots.

#75 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Last I checked though, the Bots were pretty terrible. Might be worth playing if you're trying to become accustomed with a champion, but aside from that it'll get pretty boring pretty fast.

#76 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Bots are nice to play against to grind XP/IP while waiting for someone.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#77 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Last I checked though, the Bots were pretty terrible. Might be worth playing if you're trying to become accustomed with a champion, but aside from that it'll get pretty boring pretty fast.

Bots are pretty bad. The best three of the bunch are Ryze, Alistar, and Sivir to practice against, Ryze because he's the only one with a shot at killing you with his burst combo, Alistar to practice kiting as ranged, and Sivir because she's good at pushing towers and at getting away. Bots are best used to practice your skills at avoiding unnecessary damage and being able to kill champions before they get away.

You can use practice games with bots to try out item builds, harassing champions, tower diving, last hitting creeps, ganking, etc. Basically, all the core things (other than team fights) that will help you do good against real people.

For just starting out with human opponents, 3v3 is best because damage is lower overall so you are able to spend more time in a fight. 5v5 is a bit more chaotic because if you stand in the wrong place in a team fight (or even just the wrong place on the map), you'll probably get instagibbed. IMO, there's a huge learning curve when transitioning from 3v3 to 5v5, so don't be discouraged if you get really good at 3v3, then play a 5v5 and die a lot.

#78 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Bots are really only good for learning a new champ's moves, and maybe trying out new item combinations.

Honestly though, the game tries to set you up with people of a similar skill level, so you shouldnt get pwned too bad. However, some people make 'smurf' accounts just so they can play against newbies and feel good about themselves. I'd suggest you find some friends and team with, it'll help you alot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

Yes the bots are terrible, but to a brand new player it will give them the chance to get acclimated to the controls and the basics of the game without getting steamrolled. And some IP/XP to boot.

As Waughoo said above the matchmaking does a decent job putting you against similar skilled players, unless you run into a good player's smurf account, which has happened to me.

#80 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:12 PM

As Waughoo said above the matchmaking does a decent job putting you against similar skilled players, unless you run into a good player's smurf account, which has happened to me.

Is is common to run into people like that? It'd be cool to start playing without running into wastes of space like that.

It always amazes me when people will go to such extraordinary lengths just to beat down on noobs to make themselves feel all pro. It's pathetic.

#81 kilm

kilm

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

Is is common to run into people like that? It'd be cool to start playing without running into wastes of space like that.

It always amazes me when people will go to such extraordinary lengths just to beat down on noobs to make themselves feel all pro. It's pathetic.

Common? Like everyday common? No. Every other day common? No. Every blue moon? Yes. It will happen, just not very frequently.

#82 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

I wouldn't say it's too common. I am summoner lvl 17 or 18 now and it's happened to me maybe 4-5 times. I have also had games where a lvl 30 with hundreds of wins was put into my game. Those cases are either a matchmaking fail, or the lvl 30 duo-queued with a lower lvl friend to play together.

All in all I would say their matchmaking is decent, but has some quirks.

#83 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

So anyway, I bought the collectors edition for $20. Such a bargain.

20 Champions + runes
$10 in Riot points

I bought a 14-day IP boost and was farming ip for a while. Unlocked Kassadin and I am enjoying him a lot. Teleporting is great :D

I want to unlock at least one of each "class" that I think is neat during my boosting

#84 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Fuck Garen. OP son of a bitch.

I'm level 30 and play lots since late beta as 'Soclairian'. Feel free to ad me.

#85 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

ok, ill add ya. probably wont be on till tomorrow

#86 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

Ive recently gotten into it as well. I love it. I bought the collector's pack as someone else said, its such a great bargain, especially if you were intending to get a lot of those champions anyway.

Im debating on purchasing a 6300 IP champ with the riot points that come with the package. Kog'maw or Karthus look fun, but im more interested in the 3150 IP champs to be honest.

My name's ManyFs in-game, add me if you'd like, I play every other day or so. Level 12, usually main Taric/Rammus.

#87 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

I just started playing this game this weekend.

The game itself is really fun, but playing with random teams is often frustrating. It seems both teams often have players that don't really work together much, so tanks and support classes wind up being weak (As my friend said today, what's the point of being a tank if no one plays as a team?) I've only really played 2 games so far where my team got rolled.

I imagine the games are very different with premade teams and/or higher level players.

I haven't really run into any crybabies or hostile players yet so I guess I can't really complain that much.

I've done best w/ Yi and Sivir, who are high DPS classes with abilities to flee. I've had some luck w Olaf w Frost Hammer, but a lot of the times I need just a little help from allies, which can be hard to get some games.

I played two games as Alistar (Minotaur) and I can see how he is good, but everytime I would stun and headbutt enemy champions (with 50-60% health) into my allies, they would run away. I assume they thought the enemy champion used some charge attack and wasn't being flung by me.

Edited by wakawakawa, 15 September 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#88 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

Any new players feel free to add me, I'm happy to play with beginners.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Sona is out now..dunno how much she will be. Thoughts on her?

Every game so far that I used Blitzcrank, I have been rocking it. I wish he wasnt free this week..i dont want anyone else using my Blitz :(

I had to 1v2 my lane cause my teammate disconnected, and I still owned my lane! Grab near tower, rocket punch em up in the air, they are dead :) The other team had a Blitz, but I was destroying him, so then he switched lanes, so I followed him and beat him up there :P Eventually they all focused me almost everytime so that was that.

I am really enjoying: Karthus, Blitz, and Rammus. I havnt used Xin for a while or Kass (who is free for this week), but they are fun too. Blitz and Rammus just dominate if your team has even a little bit of teamwork

#90 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:22 PM

Sona is out now..dunno how much she will be. Thoughts on her?

Every game so far that I used Blitzcrank, I have been rocking it. I wish he wasnt free this week..i dont want anyone else using my Blitz :(

I had to 1v2 my lane cause my teammate disconnected, and I still owned my lane! Grab near tower, rocket punch em up in the air, they are dead :) The other team had a Blitz, but I was destroying him, so then he switched lanes, so I followed him and beat him up there :P Eventually they all focused me almost everytime so that was that.

I am really enjoying: Karthus, Blitz, and Rammus. I havnt used Xin for a while or Kass (who is free for this week), but they are fun too. Blitz and Rammus just dominate if your team has even a little bit of teamwork

I hate Blitz, he destroys my Kat :(
I've been playing Miss Fortune and she's alot of fun. And I've been trying to learn Shen cause every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.
Posted Image
Posted Image