Photo
- - - - -

League of Legends anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4296 replies to this topic

#91 kilm

kilm

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.

So accurate

#92 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Blitz can destroy tons of people with his pull, its fantastic!!

A Ms. Fortune was trying to shoot my dudes from behind trees, so i pulled her right through the forest :)

I usually try using the tanking classes too since no one usually does. Blitz and Rammus :) Amumu i never tried and dont really want to either

#93 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

I hate Blitz, he destroys my Kat :(
And I've been trying to learn Shen cause every game needs a tank and noone wants to play one. I think Sona is gonna be popular at first, then drop off fast. She sounds like she's all support, and noone likes to play someone who isnt getting all the kills.

I'm Summoner lvl 12, but what from I've seen it's better to have no tanks or support if you don't have pretty good players and team players.

I just played a game as Blitzcrank, where I pretty much just fed the enemies, since my allies would run away everytime we engaged. I'm too friggin slow to get away once combat starts.

Burst damage and gankers seem to work best at the lower levels.

#94 kilm

kilm

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

At low levels, without the runes and masteries, I can see an all carry team not being completely horrible.

But at higher levels, having no tank is a big weakness.

#95 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:37 PM

I'm Summoner lvl 12, but what from I've seen it's better to have no tanks or support if you don't have pretty good players and team players.

I just played a game as Blitzcrank, where I pretty much just fed the enemies, since my allies would run away everytime we engaged. I'm too friggin slow to get away once combat starts.

Burst damage and gankers seem to work best at the lower levels.

Ya gotta build Blitz good for him to work. Get boots early, but not too early. His W makes him run around fast too :)

Pull, hit e, hit r and they are really hurt

#96 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

At lower levels you dont really NEED a good team composition since your enemies probably are not going to be coordinating that well (neither is your team for that matter). Most people will just pick whatever character they think is 'fun' and blow all their spells on the first thing they see, then run till everythign is off cooldown. So tanks will never really get chance to play their role. Once you get into higher levels, some characters become completely useless against a coordinated team. My main (Kat) is fun to play, easy to learn, but gets STOMPED by any team who is coordinated enough to save a stun, slow, silence, snare, or anything for Kat because it makes her Ult useless. You have to wait for the enemy to waste all of those types of abilities on your tanks before using the Ult, or you'll just die.

For Blitz tanking is his role, but you can also use him for ganks. Get the hang of his pull, then use it to yank enemies into turrets or a group of your teammates. If you're defending by your base wall you can pull enemies over it so now they are stuck behind your turrets. Same for offense, pull an enemy over their own wall and they suddenly are all alone against your whole team. Bare in mind I never really play Blitz, but these are some of the things I've seen good Blitz players do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

At lower levels you dont really NEED a good team composition since your enemies probably are not going to be coordinating that well (neither is your team for that matter). Most people will just pick whatever character they think is 'fun' and blow all their spells on the first thing they see, then run till everythign is off cooldown. So tanks will never really get chance to play their role. Once you get into higher levels, some characters become completely useless against a coordinated team. My main (Kat) is fun to play, easy to learn, but gets STOMPED by any team who is coordinated enough to save a stun, slow, silence, snare, or anything for Kat because it makes her Ult useless. You have to wait for the enemy to waste all of those types of abilities on your tanks before using the Ult, or you'll just die.

For Blitz tanking is his role, but you can also use him for ganks. Get the hang of his pull, then use it to yank enemies into turrets or a group of your teammates. If you're defending by your base wall you can pull enemies over it so now they are stuck behind your turrets. Same for offense, pull an enemy over their own wall and they suddenly are all alone against your whole team. Bare in mind I never really play Blitz, but these are some of the things I've seen good Blitz players do.

Yeah, thats how I solo'ed my lane with blitz when my teammate disconnected and never came back. Worked real good :) He even does good damage when I make him more tankie. I think the most fun I had so far was with Rammus though. It was in the early stages of the game and I forget who my teammate was, but he put good pressure and using taunt on the enemy when he tried to burst my lanemate. Saved that person a few times :)

Galio seems neat and I want to try him. Think they will make a new bundle with the new champions since Season 1? I think they are at around 20 now.

#98 kilm

kilm

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Galio seems neat and I want to try him. Think they will make a new bundle with the new champions since Season 1? I think they are at around 20 now.

Pass on Galio.

#99 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

I havent tried Galio, but I've seen some people do really well with him. Dunno how fun he is.

Anyone else finding Valdamir cheap as hell? We did a game the other day where he'd pool like every few seconds. We'd hit him with everything we had, he'd take 3/4 damage or so then pool, totally re-heal, then as soon as he was back up we'd hit him again, he'd pool, and so on. He shouldnt be able to pool that often, or survive 3+ ults at once.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#100 kilm

kilm

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

I havent tried Galio, but I've seen some people do really well with him. Dunno how fun he is.

Anyone else finding Valdamir cheap as hell? We did a game the other day where he'd pool like every few seconds. We'd hit him with everything we had, he'd take 3/4 damage or so then pool, totally re-heal, then as soon as he was back up we'd hit him again, he'd pool, and so on. He shouldnt be able to pool that often, or survive 3+ ults at once.

Cheap? No. Very strong? Yes.

Sounds like not only did you guys had no idea how to handle him or his pool, but he sounds fed if he has a lot of CDR and AP to heal himself quickly. Having crowd control helps, though.

#101 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Man, every time I try to get back into this game (~ lvl 20), I'm reminded why I left in the first place...queuing up solo sucks. In the past five games I've had, my team was stricken with some kind of handicap...such as a Morde incapable of killing anything (including a Jax with <100 hp), a Tyrn who left after dying twice in the first five minutes, or a Miss Fortune whose battle strategy rhymes with Jamikaze (had ~15 deaths at the end). Is a team with no feeders or leavers too much to ask?

#102 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Vlad was making me mad a few days ago.

I was Blitz and was doing perfect pulling and knocking him in the air, then he just pooled and ran away like a baby x1000

I usually solo queue when my wife is home cause i cant play good when she keeps bothering me :P

Yesterday I went for a straight Karthas AP build and just DOMINATED. I was bottom lane against a Sivir and an Ashe. Total domination over them. I think they really stunk too and didnt know how to play, but it was just amazing, never had anything like it. Some silly Olaf on their team was almost dead and hanging by his tower...pop my ultimate and say sorry for him dying :P I <3 Karthas ultimate. It is so fun :) The bad part with Karthas full AP was that I didnt have much mana. They surrendered too, but I ended up with 16-1-1. Was about to make my Zhonya's Ring :( Kartha's 'q' skill is so damn fast and you can just keep spamming it if ya got the mana

Im gonna be on tonight, add me. FlipprDolphin i think is my name on there. Wife is working so I will have time to really play.

Nidalee seems like fun, I was enjoying her in practice games farming for some ip.
I was interested in Udyr, but watching some gameplay video of him it seemed kinda boring.

#103 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

At lower levels you dont really NEED a good team composition since your enemies probably are not going to be coordinating that well (neither is your team for that matter).

I played against 1 really good Blitz player who was pulling people over walls. My team sorta sucked anyhow, but he definitely was a key asset on their team.

A lot of times it's hard for me to recognize who the good players on my team are. In one game we had a Sivir who wound up with 35 kills, but I didn't realized how powerful she was (she had like 3 infinity edges at the end). We would have won 15 minutes earlier if I stuck by her and supported her.

#104 kilm

kilm

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

A lot of times it's hard for me to recognize who the good players on my team are. In one game we had a Sivir who wound up with 35 kills, but I didn't realized how powerful she was (she had like 3 infinity edges at the end). We would have won 15 minutes earlier if I stuck by her and supported her.

If you see someone stacking IE, you know they're bad. The other team must've been so much worse, wow.

#105 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

I read guides and made a Word document with the builds that I read for the characters I like to use so I have quick access to it..im such a dork :P

So how is Shaco? He seems like an interesting character, but I read he should jungle at the start.

#106 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Vlad was making me mad a few days ago.

I was Blitz and was doing perfect pulling and knocking him in the air, then he just pooled and ran away like a baby x1000

I usually solo queue when my wife is home cause i cant play good when she keeps bothering me :P

Yesterday I went for a straight Karthas AP build and just DOMINATED. I was bottom lane against a Sivir and an Ashe. Total domination over them. I think they really stunk too and didnt know how to play, but it was just amazing, never had anything like it. Some silly Olaf on their team was almost dead and hanging by his tower...pop my ultimate and say sorry for him dying :P I <3 Karthas ultimate. It is so fun :) The bad part with Karthas full AP was that I didnt have much mana. They surrendered too, but I ended up with 16-1-1. Was about to make my Zhonya's Ring :( Kartha's 'q' skill is so damn fast and you can just keep spamming it if ya got the mana

Im gonna be on tonight, add me. FlipprDolphin i think is my name on there. Wife is working so I will have time to really play.

Nidalee seems like fun, I was enjoying her in practice games farming for some ip.
I was interested in Udyr, but watching some gameplay video of him it seemed kinda boring.

I'll add you now, but I'm not sure if I'll get to be on tonight or not. Got my brothers-in-laws (yes plural, adopted twins) birthday today.

I've been popping in probably once a night or so lately, and might do 1 solo queue if there isnt a group playing. I highly recommend that if you CAN get a group together, get on Vent or Xfire for chatting during the game. Makes everything SO much better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 loltonytony

loltonytony

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

I play it, but most of my games have been really bad >< (USER name: loltonytony )

#108 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Cool, hopefully I can play with some of you tonight. If not, Saturday night + Sunday for me.

#109 kilm

kilm

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

So how is Shaco? He seems like an interesting character, but I read he should jungle at the start.

Shaco should jungle because he's a good ganker, but his early jungle can get disrupted rather easily. He's been nerfed to hell, though; way less useful than he used to be.

#110 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

If you see someone stacking IE, you know they're bad. The other team must've been so much worse, wow.

I think I'm like lvl 14 now, but generally I find the people I play with are bad-okay with a good player now and then. The thing is, when someone is fed they are overpowered, so it's hard to tell who the good players are, who the good champions are, and what the good builds are. Obviously a Sivir with 30+ kills should destroy anyone no matter how you build her.

I just look at who my teammates are picking then pick someone to complement them who I like to play. It's funny when I get the "LOCK IN!!!!" in text when I'm actually spending the time trying to pick a character to best help the team.

Edited by wakawakawa, 24 September 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#111 kilm

kilm

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

I think I'm like lvl 14 now, but generally I find the people I play with are bad-okay with a good player now and then.

It doesn't really get better

#112 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I have a couple PAX 2010 limited edition Jax skin (designed by the Penny Arcade team). PM me if you want them.

EDIT: All gone!

Edited by doctorfaustus, 28 September 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#113 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

I left a game because it was so bad in the first 4 minutes

Our Taric went into their bush at the start, saw them, didnt move. He died way before minions spawned.

We had one person speaking some non-existant language in all caps

We had an Ashe that did not want to go mid.

I was stuck in a lane (Katarina) fighting against Nunu and Sona since our Taric was crap.

The Teemo didnt want to switch with me (hes ranged and im not, would of made it easier), so he stayed in mid lane.

Worst teamwork EVER

--------

In other news, im enjoying the heck out of Katarina!! At first I went AD and thought she was horrible, then I went AP and enjoying it tons better. Tons of kills and assists; its great!! But if my team has bad teamwork, then i can not do much.

Next person on my list to try out: Tristana!

#114 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

It can be pretty hilarious to see how far south a lack of teamwork can go.

In one fairly rememberable game...started out as a 5v5, but our team had a leaver right off the bat. That wasn't too big of an issue, since it was right from the start, meaning we could gain levels faster and hopefully feed off our opponents. From the start though, there were two characters battling for control of mid...a Heimer and a Twitch. Neither wanted to leave, as each wanted their boosted xp. Bear in mind, since we only had four, that left myself and the other guy in lanes by ourselves. If they had listened to us, each one could've had their own lane (as myself and the other guy could group up), but each was deadset on getting mid.

They hated each other so much that they spent the rest game telling the other team where the other was. "Twitch is hiding in the bushes to your left"..."Dinger is pushing top" and so on. Needless to say, we lost.

#115 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

I've noticed that the person who does the worse during the game is usually the one who thinks everyone else sucks. I once had a guy play Nasus and lane with my Kat. I did everything I could to keep the enemy's health down, but Nasus wouldnt do anything but kill minions. Then he would get down to about half health and decide to tower dive the enemies. He wouldnt even get a hit in on them, and die. Of course this was MY fault for not "supporting him". When he came back, he'd get in the middle of the enemy minions who would eat all his health. When the enemies would try to kill him, I'd have to jump in and waste my Ult just to keep them off him so he didnt die. He tower dives them again, dies, blames me for "never using his ult". I told him my ult was always on cooldown because I kept having to use it to keep him from dying. He goes to another lane, dies some more and blames our noob team (who is winning still despite his feeding thus far). Then he decides to push mid, which is a good idea, accept he does it alone. He dies, then starts yelling about us for not supporting him. We actually didnt even HAVE a support character, so we tell him that. He gets mad and starts yelling at us about how he is the only one that 'knows his role'. We say all he's doing is tower diving and feeding. He says "I'm a TANK, thats what I'm supposed to do but you guys are not supporting me". We meantion that he's running off by himself so we CANT help him, but once again we all just suck. We ended up having to defend alot, and he would run off by himself while we defended our towers. He'd get ganked, and it was our fault. We lost, he went something like 1/13/2 and the rest of us were like around 5/2/6, I think I was like 8/2/7 or something. In chat afterwards the other team started thanking him for feeding, which he replied was our fault again.
I think some people just cant admit to themselves that they are bad.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#116 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

I also hate the one guy on my team (happens a lot) who thinks he is the BEST and makes excuses if he dies or something and trash talks the other team all the time

#117 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think a lot of subpar players and kids like big team games because they live a lot longer. Often being able to gank someone is much more important than winning as a team. If they were such awesome players they would prefer 3v3 where their win percentage would be much higher.

In one recent game I had a back seat driver player as Ryze, telling me how to play Taric. Essentially, I needed to melee their 2 ranged champions. I am very proud because after him telling me "You need to charge more", I straight up charged down the lane without attacking. He then ragequit. Lol. My other teammates were good enough and we had a decent shot at winning if we had a different 5th player.

I've been playing Taric and Rammus a lot. On a good team they are a lot of fun. On a weak team, you are essentially worthless.

I like Warwick also, although he becomes fairly weak when everyone is 18 and grouped up. I do a 50/50 jungle which seems to work well and help cover lanes and gank. I have seen a few (like 1-2) good 100% junglers, but most of them are terrible. They wind up being like 5-6 levels behind your highest player.

#118 dabebop

dabebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

Cool to see that we got a decent following for LoL here. I've just been playing for about 2 months now, and I like it. I rotate a lot with Xin at the moment, Akali, and just started playing my Gangplank again, went 20/0 in my first game with him after a hiatus for a few weeks.

I'll add whoever I see posted their user name around here in the thread, and for me it's
::Bravosnake

#119 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

I will try to be on tonight as long as my wife doesnt bother me while she studies for school (oh, help me help me, blah blah blah blah)

#120 kilm

kilm

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

Many thanks to Doctorfaustus for offering up the skins