#122 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oh Katarina, how do i love thee!

I want her skins to be on sale :(

Im using some custom ones from leaguecraft.com, but other people cant see them

The best one I've seen is the Yoshi someone made for Kog-Maw. I may buy the champ just for that.

FYI, I'm on now and will be for a couple hours if anyone wants to play
Posted Image
Posted Image

#123 kilm

kilm

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

The best one I've seen is the Yoshi someone made for Kog-Maw. I may buy the champ just for that.

White Knight Poppy is amazing

http://leaguecraft.c...-poppy-v2.xhtml

#124 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

My friend who played DotA and HoN is playing it now. He stopped playing them because DotA was too limited and HoN too competitive (and he sucked). I tried it out tonight in practice and had fun. It's kind of annoying that they rotate characters each week.

#125 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:33 AM

My friend who played DotA and HoN is playing it now. He stopped playing them because DotA was too limited and HoN too competitive (and he sucked). I tried it out tonight in practice and had fun. It's kind of annoying that they rotate characters each week.

Those characters are the ones you have to actually buy with the in-game currency (IP). They do that so you can try out all the characters before you spend your IP on them. Nothing sucks worse then spending 6000 IP on a character you end up never using.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#126 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

True. I just wish there were some that you could always use.

I played a game with my friend who is level 13 so I was with higher ranked players and was awful as Annie (0/10/0).

I tried out Rammus in practice and did well. Then used him in a couple games. First game was good, I was like 3/3/2. The second game my teammates weren't that good. I finished 3/7/1 but kinda just gave up at the end. I'll miss Rammus. I wish I could get the King skin that makes him look like Bowser.

#127 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

I went nuts and bought Galio with rune points. I am almost 20 and want to save for runes.
Galio is sooooo much fun. First game with him I was like 9-3-19!

I went AP and since magic resists adds to his AP, I got around 650-700 towards the end. I was almost 2-shotting Annie and Veigar; they couldnt even hurt our team without them dying to my super long range abilities

#128 kilm

kilm

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

I went nuts and bought Galio with rune points. I am almost 20 and want to save for runes.
Galio is sooooo much fun. First game with him I was like 9-3-19!

I went AP and since magic resists adds to his AP, I got around 650-700 towards the end. I was almost 2-shotting Annie and Veigar; they couldnt even hurt our team without them dying to my super long range abilities

Galio is incredibly potent at high levels and works very well in the right comp, but generally in solo queue he's weak.

And carry Galio is kinda... :roll:

#129 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Alistar, Ashe, Cho'Gath, Evelynn, Ezreal, Karthus, Morgana, Nasus, Ryze, Sona are free this week.

#130 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Alistar, Ashe, Cho'Gath, Evelynn, Ezreal, Karthus, Morgana, Nasus, Ryze, Sona are free this week.

Uhg... that means EVERY game will have a Sona who doesnt know what she's doing. Not to mention the people trying to play as Eve (I dont really care if someone picks a bad character, I just hate when someone picks one and then someone else queue dodges).

I thought Ashe was always free?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 kilm

kilm

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

I thought Ashe was always free?

In Tutorial mode, yes. But she's only 450 IP so a lot of people have her.

#132 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

Uhg... that means EVERY game will have a Sona who doesnt know what she's doing.

That happened to me. I was Alistar and I went bottom with Sona. The Cho'gath and Tristana owned us.

#133 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Galio is incredibly potent at high levels and works very well in the right comp, but generally in solo queue he's weak.

And carry Galio is kinda... :roll:

Ive been carrying my team every game so far with Galio :D Once I get Lich Bane, gg since I can wreck towers!

#134 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

I played with the WORST Sona ever. He was bottom and doing bad, so i went to help him and he was mad that I wasnt initiating anything (laning against Garen and Taric). He kept dying over and over by overextending. He said "ug, this dps build I read that was awesome isn't doing good!" I said there is no way we will ever beat them in this lane and to just play defensively. He didnt listen and he kept dying

#135 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

I played with the WORST Sona ever. He was bottom and doing bad, so i went to help him and he was mad that I wasnt initiating anything (laning against Garen and Taric). He kept dying over and over by overextending. He said "ug, this dps build I read that was awesome isn't doing good!" I said there is no way we will ever beat them in this lane and to just play defensively. He didnt listen and he kept dying

I do not know what you were playing but Garen and Taric lane means stay back and play defensively. Initiating against that is a big I want to die. I recall having the exact same problem as TF. The only way I was able to be effective was to stay back and stun Garen whenever he overextended and just hit him hard before he ran away. Taric's stun is GG if you get caught in it with Garen on your arse.

I am a horny engineer, I never joke about math or sex.

- Wolowitz

#136 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

I've been playing Taric a lot lately. I like him. He's a great support for good DPS players. With randoms you edge towards a 50/50 win/loss. On a good team you make your team win faster and possibly roll the other team, on a bad team you can't really do anything to convert the game into a win (this is probably true for most the tanks & support).

The one annoying thing is I get bad players who wander away from the group and expect me to heal them to full when they have 3 enemy champions on them. They really need a message that says "Your ally tried to heal you, but you were taking way too much damage. Try to avoid getting teamed up on" when they die.

Edited by wakawakawa, 05 October 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#137 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

If anyone wants to add me feel free. IGN is Worden and I'm lvl 20. I mainly play Malphite or Nasus.

#138 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

Ill add ya tonight.

Oh yeah, I JUST hit level 20 last night. I am exactly 1 exp over level 20, just made it :D

I bought some runes for Galio to fill up the page. Cooldowns, magic penetration, and mana regen. :) I was clicking on the WRONG rune and didnt realize it till I bought 5 of em :\ I wish I could sell them back. I think I bought pure + mana runes by accident. Complete waste.

I was in a game a few days ago, pretty even match, both down to our last 3 towers (besides nexus + towers). I told our twisted fate to keep backdooring their base with his ultimate when the minions go there to get the towers down, but he never did :\

In other fun news, Galio farms so well :)

#139 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Yeah you're only option is the rune combiner, but that's a crap shoot. I would just keep the runes. You never know, you might want them for a champion one day.

Servers are still down for the patch, and got 2 hours added onto the maintenance time.

#140 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

oo, i didnt know it was patch day. The patch notes are so minor too :\ Nothing big changed

Good thing im at work for another 3.5 hrs

#141 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Tiny patch is stupid. ANNDD Vlads pool seems buffed, which is the stupidest thing EVER. patch notes below for those getting errors on the site.

Spoiler
OP I ask/demand we list all LOL names in the OP.

Anyone else make it to ELO hell?

#142 kilm

kilm

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Tiny patch is stupid. ANNDD Vlads pool seems buffed, which is the stupidest thing EVER. patch notes below for those getting errors on the site.

Vlad's pool is actually more nerfed than anything else.

#143 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Vlads pool needs to not exist.

#144 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Spoiler

I didnt start ranked matches...kinda scared to do it too :P

#145 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

Vlads pool needs to not exist.

His pool is so gosh darn annoying. I was Blitz and everytime I did a pull on him he pooled and ran away.

#146 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

Vlad is seriously broken. I dont know what the cooldown on pool is supposed to be, but I've played guys who can use it about every 5 seconds. Our entire team couldnt kill him cause he'd just pool and heal, and it was like we had done nothing. I'm sure we could of done more if we had like 2 or 3 stuns/silences but you should never have to waste that many on one champ.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#147 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

I had a 75 minute game last night, it was crazy

Our team:

Vlad
Galio (Me of course!)
Udyr
Soraka
Ashe

Other Team:
Cho
Anivia
Amumu
Tyr
Ms. Fortune

So our Udyr had NO idea what he was doing and kept running away in team fights. Our Soraka wasnt doing much, but had 25 assists somehow.
Basically, our damage was from me, vlad, and a little Ashe.
I always go AP Galio cause he is so fun. And no one on my team would initiate anything except for Vlad. and when he did Udyr ran away and Ashe was barely doing anything.

So it was basically 2.5 v 5 the whole time and somehow it was a LONG game. I think I went something like 20-10-25 at the end. I got my AP to around 775 too. I kept trying to push their towers since I had lich bane and could 3-4 hit the towers. I got up to their nexus towers before Cho showed up, who had so much health and everything I couldnt do much alone. No one on my team was pushing any towers except me (which was late game!). More than half the team fights the other team ran away with a SLIVER of health and no one could finish them. After my huge ultimate, they are all hurt and no one was doing anything to the other team, I was so pissed :\

So we lost...but I gave it my all once again.

The other team at the end said I was rocking it and they thought I would be a bad Galio, but they were surprised I was good :D

Too bad Galio has long cooldowns though :\ I missed a few of my skill-shot spells and couldnt finish them a few times, but that takes more practice

Waughoo, maybe Vlad had lots of cooldown reductions?

#148 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

I had a weird game. I played as Nasus for the first time in a real game (I'm still learning how to use spells). I was top by myself since the Ryze on our team was a dumbass. He was mid but couldn't be trust. I basically just farmed against minions and slowly pushed against their turrets. Eventually I got to the last one and my teammates helped me. But we didn't even destroy an inhibitor and they surrendered.

I only finished 2/1/1 but I think I did good since I pushed top all by myself.

#149 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

Waughoo, maybe Vlad had lots of cooldown reductions?

Thats entirely possible, but it's still ridiculous. One non-fed character shouldnt be able to repeatably tower dive 1 v 5 and live.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#150 kilm

kilm

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Thats entirely possible, but it's still ridiculous. One non-fed character shouldnt be able to repeatably tower dive 1 v 5 and live.

You and your teammates must be doing something really wrong if you can't handle Vlad after he pools.