League of Legends anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4294 replies to this topic

#241 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

Ugh...this game is getting frustrating to the point where it isn't really fun anymore.

Played 3 games today and every game had 1-3 leavers. They really need to implement some sort of real punishment for these d-bags that bolt once it's apparent the game might be a challenge.

#242 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, you guys were right. Garen is pretty easy to play. I just went 10/4/4 with him and it was only my third game so I'd say that's pretty good.

Sorry to hear you're having leavers prime. I haven't had anything like that so far.

#243 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:16 AM

Make that 4 games in a row now, cept it was their teemo who left. So yeah we got to win, but their entire team went afk after the teemo left. It was just a matter of taking down the nexus as fast as possible. Boring.

#244 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

Just played a game with Morph and the lag was HORRIBLE. I was Garen and still did well 8/5/11. Some deaths could have been avoided if I knew what was happening. There was a point where I was just spinning continuously and couldn't do anything. Very frustrating when you lose and could have helped your team a lot more if the lag wasn't so brutal.

#245 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Make that 4 games in a row now, cept it was their teemo who left. So yeah we got to win, but their entire team went afk after the teemo left. It was just a matter of taking down the nexus as fast as possible. Boring.

You're having really bad luck! Add some of us and get a premade going. Then at least you know you'll have no leavers on your side.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#246 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

You're having really bad luck! Add some of us and get a premade going. Then at least you know you'll have no leavers on your side.

Yeah I'll add some more people from here. Some friends logged on and we played a game. Went much much better.

On a side note the new patch notes are out: http://www.leagueofl...ad.php?t=298128 Champs like Pantheon get a minor indirect buff due to the change of Last Whisper.

And the new champion spotlight. Looks like another OP ranged hero with crazy ultimate.

pJB6JWDESWU

#247 kilm

kilm

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

Yeah I'll add some more people from here. Some friends logged on and we played a game. Went much much better.

On a side note the new patch notes are out: http://www.leagueofl...ad.php?t=298128 Champs like Pantheon get a minor indirect buff due to the change of Last Whisper.

And the new champion spotlight. Looks like another OP ranged hero with crazy ultimate.

Yeah, most newly released champs are going to be OP so people buy them. get nerfed later

#248 dabebop

dabebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

So what's the thoughts on Lux and how to combat against her.

#249 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

patch day!

Apple Jax got a big buff :D

I dunno how to counter Lux, havnt fought her :)

I wonder how much IP she will be.

If anyone listens to podcasts, check out the MIA podcast :D

#250 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, most newly released champs are going to be OP so people buy them. get nerfed later

They definitely seem to err on the side of OP for the new champs. I don't have an issue with it. It makes them more money then they tune them down after they get a couple weeks of playtime.

#251 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

Have been playing Kyle a lot recently and am enjoying her quite a bit. She hits so hard early game and if used right her ult has changed outcomes of team fights for me. Though it sucks that I use a dps kyle build so am focusing on DPS but have to also pay attention to who is getting targeted start of fight to ult them.

Now lux I just saw her video this morning and my jaw kinda dropped. The op-ness is ridiculous. Cannot wait to pwn some nubs who play as her initially though :-) definitely a skill hero to pull of the crowd controls efficiently.

I am a horny engineer, I never joke about math or sex.

- Wolowitz

#252 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Holy crap, I shouldn't have watched that. During the second half, I didn't understand a single thing that guy was saying. It really makes me want to stick with the super easy champions as I wouldn't have a damn clue what to do with champions like her.

#253 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

so Edward, what is your LOL name?

Lux is apparently 3150 ip...not bad at all!!! She seems interesting, but I dont know if i need a new caster. Gotta try Galio again with his new mana costs. Early game should be pretty sucky, but then after that Galio should be OK.

Edward, you should pick up the collectors bundle. They sell it in stores for $20 (it is $30 straight from the riot store in-game). Comes with 20 champions, some runes, and $10 in riot points! THEN you can use the $10 riot points and put that towards the other champion bundle and you will only have to spend 15 dollars more for it. So 40 champions for $35 is pretty good!

#254 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Lux is apparently 3150 ip...not bad at all!!! She seems interesting, but I dont know if i need a new caster. Gotta try Galio again with his new mana costs. Early game should be pretty sucky, but then after that Galio should be OK.

Edward, you should pick up the collectors bundle. They sell it in stores for $20 (it is $30 straight from the riot store in-game). Comes with 20 champions, some runes, and $10 in riot points! THEN you can use the $10 riot points and put that towards the other champion bundle and you will only have to spend 15 dollars more for it. So 40 champions for $35 is pretty good!

I don't think the second champ bundle is 20 different champs though, there is some overlap. I could be wrong though.

#255 kilm

kilm

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

I don't think the second champ bundle is 20 different champs though, there is some overlap. I could be wrong though.

The two bundles offer 20 different champions each, no overlap

They should add a new bundle for the new champs though, they have so many now

#256 dabebop

dabebop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

Urgh, came off of using Garen and 3 games, three loses. Last two games the other team had leavers so 4v5 should be a pick up. To much feeding occured, and the last game our Jax was jungling in a 4v5, wouldn't listen to push a lane with 3 on 2 and his build was just horrible. Ninja Tabi, Blasting Ward for AP, and than Atma's Impaler, and of course he kept saying he was level 24 the whole time and acused our mid Morpe for not helping with ganks, when he was off killing Wolf creeps.

So many idiots @_@ and of course, as always, it was a "shit" team. Anyway haven't played against a Lux, but in one of my games she just got destroyed by Teemo.

#257 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

The two bundles offer 20 different champions each, no overlap

They should add a new bundle for the new champs though, they have so many now

Hmm I stand corrected. Was that changed recently? I remember looking at the 2 bundles myself and seeing duplicates.

*edit* ah I see how I got confused. I was comparing a bundle to champs I already had a while ago. /brainfart

#258 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

This one?
http://www.amazon.co...87529178&sr=8-1

Spoiler

Kinda tempting to get even though I doubt I'd use even half of them.

#259 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

LOL name: DukeEdwardI

Be warned though, you're probably not going to like playing with me. This kind of game for me is lots of fun to play, but I'm kind of a dunce when it comes to strategies&tactics/item builds/etc.

I think I'm going to hold off on buying for now as I need to start saving cash for Christmas/birthday gifts/Sister's wedding. I figure I'll just unlock a champion every now and then and if I'm still playing down the line, then pick up the collector's bundle.

#260 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:10 AM

You can build the recommended items but you'll want to check a guide for builds. For strategies, just stay near your teammates, help them when you can, and don't chase.

#261 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

What a crazy game we just had. We lost...but was another galio asswhooping. We would of won if blackino didn't mess up his champ pick I think. We did great at the end.

#262 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:54 AM

Our Amumu was dumb going with a support build.

BTW, there are some limited edition Halloween runes. The only ones I see are Tier 2 Quintessences. I bought the +30 health one for 995. Good value since the Tier 3 one which adds 32.4 health is 2050! So if you have a lot of IP to spare, pick some up. I believe all of them are Tier 2.

#263 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:30 AM

Suffered nothing but defeats tonight. But that's alright, that's how we learn.

Tried out Soraka and Heimerdinger. A little bit weaker than I'm used to playing, but once I got used to Soraka I managed to keep my teammates healed and in battle. Went 1/3/16.

Heimerdinger was great fun. He's not much of a hero killer, but he can farm the shit out of a lane and do some pretty good defending early on. Place some turrets next to a tower and you're good to go for a couple of levels. Definitely bought a lot of increased power ability items to make those turrets better. Unfortunately, my team wasn't doing so hot, so he was kind of useless.

#264 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:32 PM

OMG, our Amumu was SO STUPID. I forgot about him

at the START OF THE GAME, we said "yeah, a tank!!"

Then 25 min in when I saw he was dying in like 3 hits i said what are you doing?? He said "Oh, i didnt know I should have been tank, I went support"

AND all of his items were pure CRAP.

If it wasnt for me, Garen, and Xin, we would of lost a lot earlier. We did real good :D

The other team had squishy Teemo, Ryze, Warwick, and a tankie Garen and I forget their other guy. I was giving a 2-3 shot whooping to Teemo and Ryze and made them poop their pants every team fight. Warwick went down easy too.

Was a fun game of back and forth though!

Our Amumu was dumb going with a support build.

BTW, there are some limited edition Halloween runes. The only ones I see are Tier 2 Quintessences. I bought the +30 health one for 995. Good value since the Tier 3 one which adds 32.4 health is 2050! So if you have a lot of IP to spare, pick some up. I believe all of them are Tier 2.

#265 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Amumu didn't even have Aegis of Legion, that's one of the better support items. Their Garen was pure health. He had over 4000 I think.

#266 Morphx2

Morphx2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Yup, thats why I bought a deathfire grasp. Besides the ability cooldown, it takes off 30% of their current health + 3.5% every 100 AP. I had around 800 AP, so thats a big chunk of his health off. I think the cooldown for deathfire is like 2 minutes though.

Gosh, worst Amumu EVER. I have never ever seen an Amumu go support either. It is so weird

#267 kilm

kilm

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Happens all the time. People build tanks as carries and non-tanks, support as carries, carries with terrible builds... never stops

#268 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, I'm guilty of that. I was playing as Garen last night and was just buying the recommend items and also being super careful. I hate dying so I tried to stay alive by running away at the very first sign of trouble. Apparently I was playing Garen all wrong and the opposing team were making fun of me and calling me terrible.

So I guess every champion has only ONE item build you can go with and anything different than that is terrible? Is this more true than false? Because that's kind of lame.

#269 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

It depends on the champion in my experience. Some have a few viable builds, but some are pretty cookie cutter. I'd put Garen in the cookie cutter catagory, he pretty much dominates built as a tank and is pretty hard to kill cause of it.

#270 kilm

kilm

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

It depends on the champion in my experience. Some have a few viable builds, but some are pretty cookie cutter. I'd put Garen in the cookie cutter catagory, he pretty much dominates built as a tank and is pretty hard to kill cause of it.

Yeah, depends on the champ. Stacking sunfires on Garen will make him wreck face but something like an IE or Ghostblade will be ok but won't really be that great on him.

I think IE and Ghostblade are both recommended, IMO not terrible, but there are just better builds to use, so it does kinda out you as a newb lol