The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

• Please log in to reply
5768 replies to this topic

#3841 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Eh entertainers are like that. Here's Maher on a misogynistic rant, kind of atypical and more characteristic of the right. I do like his crack about Fraiser though lmao

Yeah I never really understood that, I can't watch the video right now, but I remember that show. I think it was just done as a joke though, it's hard to tell sometimes when someone is doing a comedy show.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3842 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hahaha...yeah, Maher's [not]funny like that. It's similar to "I'm not a racist, but-" syndrome except that in his case, it's about women...and he pulls that shit a lot. I'm not sure how much of his material he writes himself, but the loons on the right have a point when he called Palin a cunt. Too bad it's all about scoring points rather than calling out their own ideological ilk on it's own racism, classism, sexism, etc.

As for Fraiser, I never really liked his show, but I also found it hilarious during the credits when he's singing about tossed salad and scrambled eggs. I don't think he's talking about a vegetable dish and dairy products.:lol:

Well to be fair I said the same thing about her and would again. Has nothing to do with the fact she's a woman, she's just a moron with moronic opinions.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3843 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Oh ok, that makes it all right then.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#3844 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Well to be fair I said the same thing about her and would again. Has nothing to do with the fact she's a woman, she's just a moron with moronic opinions.

I have to side with perdition on this one. Calling her a cunt really isn't necessary when there are so many other insults to use...and I've used plenty.

It's kinda skirting the "I don't hate black people, just n****rs" line.

#3845 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well anyone who accuses me of hating women because I insulted Sarah Palin is just....well probably Palin herself. I will say in regards to Maher, he doesn't seem to have a great love for women, or maybe it's just that he's too cynical, who knows. He strikes me as someone who was rejected by women a lot and now has a Fuck 'em and leave 'em kind of attitude.

#3846 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well anyone who accuses me of hating women because I insulted Sarah Palin is just....well probably Palin herself. I will say in regards to Maher, he doesn't seem to have a great love for women, or maybe it's just that he's too cynical, who knows. He strikes me as someone who was rejected by women a lot and now has a Fuck 'em and leave 'em kind of attitude.

Right. Someone saying that you hate women by using that word is completely off their rocker, but you don't have to hate to be sexist. Now I'm not well versed in feminist theory, but the words we use are pretty important. Hell, I have a hard enough time not saying retard to describe something stupid after over 20 years of that kind of programming. Same thing with f*g. I'm just saying it's something to think about as someone with straight white male privilege(I'm assuming the first two).

As for Maher, he mentioned that he was rejected a lot in school and that influences his decision to stay single and go from girl to girl. I noticed that he doesn't go for white girls though. His last two girlfriends were black and Latina respectively, if I remember correctly.

#3847 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hell, I have a hard enough time not saying retard to describe something stupid after over 20 years of that kind of programming.

That's one of my weaknesses, too. I don't say it very often, but I do slip on that one for sure.

It's crass and offensive, it marginalizes groups - and it's also unclear and uncreative. Hey, alright, you called someone a "fuckin' retard." You and everyone else do that. If you're going to insult someone, there are more accurate, more creative ways of doing it. That's what I have recently tried to strive for, but struggle greatly with. I even have tried to avoid words that would be considered blasphemous (e.g., shouting "AH, COME ON JESUS CHRIST!" in traffic) - again, thus far it's a challenge because we have spent the bulk of our lives talking this way.
Posted Image

#3848 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Myke, you mentally deficient unpleasant fellow human being, I decree multiple accusations of your incessant rapscallionry.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#3849 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

forsooth!
Posted Image

#3850 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

That's one of my weaknesses, too. I don't say it very often, but I do slip on that one for sure.

It's crass and offensive, it marginalizes groups - and it's also unclear and uncreative. Hey, alright, you called someone a "fuckin' retard." You and everyone else do that. If you're going to insult someone, there are more accurate, more creative ways of doing it. That's what I have recently tried to strive for, but struggle greatly with. I even have tried to avoid words that would be considered blasphemous (e.g., shouting "AH, COME ON JESUS CHRIST!" in traffic) - again, thus far it's a challenge because we have spent the bulk of our lives talking this way.

Yeah...I'm not full onboard with the religious stuff yet, but I try to keep myself in check around christian acquiantances, not that it makes it ok in private by any means. I also try to avoid pussy and bitch too, but those are a lot tougher.

#3851 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I find crass language hilarious. It's almost like our language's way of knowing you're on friendly terms with someone.

Or in other situations, the complete opposite.

#3852 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

No blasphemy, Myke?

But that's a core part of every good French-Catholic boy's identity...

Posted Image

#3853 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

That's not the -my word I would associate with Catholic boy cores.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#3854 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I hate that so much, I catch my self saying jesus, christ, god etc. and it's because I grew up hearing it so much. And you know me, I should be yelling "Oh for the love of Darwin!":lol:

#3855 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yeah...I'm not full onboard with the religious stuff yet, but I try to keep myself in check around christian acquiantances, not that it makes it ok in private by any means. I also try to avoid pussy and bitch too, but those are a lot tougher.

You know, just for the sake of equality, I have to say that for as much as some religious folks get their panties in a bunch over certain phrases being said, they sure don't care if things they say or do make anyone else uncomfortable or offended.

#3856 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

That's not the -my word I would associate with Catholic boy cores.

And Strell goes for the easy catholic sodomy joke.:lol:;)

#3857 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Quiet, ruffian. I do not consort with common dandies such as you show yourself to be. Now withdraw from this exchange at once, that we may all return to decency!

Posted Image

#3858 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

And Strell goes for the easy catholic sodomy joke.:lol:;)

Right in the tabernacle!

Posted Image

#3859 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Quiet, ruffian. I do not consort with common dandies such as you show yourself to be. Now withdraw from this exchange at once, that we may all return to decency!

Filthy cur, dost thou wish for fisticuffs? Thou should know I am an excellent pugilist.

#3860 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

We shall duel in the manner those of class all follow, and settle our dispute for satisfaction upon the court of tennis! May you draw your racket swift and true, its machinations pleasing to deliver victory to that who most deserves it!

Posted Image

#3861 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Tennis? Is thou of the female persuasion? Men of honor settle disputes on the battlefield!

*pulls out Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots game*

Woudst though like to be the red or the green robot?

#3862 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Tennis? Is thou of the female persuasion? Men of honor settle disputes on the battlefield!

*pulls out Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots game*

Woudst though like to be the red or the green robot?

Tennis it is, Clak.

Rules are that the person who is challenged gets to choose the weapons.

Tennis. It. Is.

Posted Image

#3863 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I would have presumed him to have an advantage at a sport which requires gripping a stick and swinging it with the vim and vigor of Hercules against a volley of balls.

Posted Image

#3864 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Very well, I shall see if Andre Agassi is free to play in my stead.

#3865 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

I would have presumed him to have an advantage at a sport which requires gripping a stick and swinging it with the vim and vigor of Hercules against a volley of balls.

Ho ho, humor of that sharpness should be wielded with more care. One might be so inclined to insult thine good mother! Who as I have come to hear, was like the village motor car, everyone desired a ride!!

#3866 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ho ho, humor of that sharpness should be wielded with more care. One might be so inclined to insult thine good mother! Who as I have come to hear, was like the village motor car, everyone desired a ride!!

Oh Snapth! Thou hast evoked the besmirchment of Strell's giver of birth!

#3867 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

http://www.startribu.../148856085.html

Bureau of Labor Statistics says Wisconsin lost more jobs in past year than any other state

MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin lost more jobs in the past year than any other state, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The bureau's figures show the state lost 23,900 jobs from March 2011 to March 2012. No other state lost more than 3,500 jobs, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://$$$$$$$/IpnExl).

Of those 17,800 were government jobs.

The loss of 6,100 private-sector jobs was also tops among the 50 states and Wisconsin was the only one of those that saw a decrease in total non-farm jobs, which includes both the public and private sector.

Yep. It's times like these that being a nihilist makes life easier.
Some pure comedic gold in some of the comments too...
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#3868 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

The twisted world of Republicans will call this a win, because it's largely government employees - so that's cutting spending, huzzah!

(never mind that poor government employees are poor in the same way that private sector employees are when they're fired.)
Posted Image

#3869 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Just like how, I think it was Rick Perry, crowed about adding jobs to the state, but most were government jobs. That's really shrinking government/cutting spending.

#3870 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

So opinions on mitt romneys borrow mony from your parents and take more risk comment for students facing a bleak job market?

Although j try to stay indepent in my political views republicans baffle the hell out of me. I wonder what would happen if the current president said everyone should just borrow more money.