The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

• Please log in to reply
5756 replies to this topic

#3991 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Obama was in 4th or 5th grade. During recess one day , near the monkeybars The other kids in class were Chanting "Corettas got a boyfriend" Because this little girl Coretta apparently liked Obama , & Ten year old Obama pushed her

Are these two incidents even comparable? : No

Thus my equality remark earlier.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3992 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Politics brings out the very worst in people, I don't know why anyone would want to work as a politician.

Ego and/or money.

#3993 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

In this age of Political Correctness and Tolerance I think the media is going to pretty much gloss over and ignore the fact of Rommey's mormonism.

And let's face it, it's a pretty much made up religion. (As are most religions to some extent).
But it's not like Brian Williams on 30 Rock is going to report on their baptism practices, abstianing from caffiene, polygamy, etc, etc.

Even most mainstream Christians look at mormonism and go "Yeah, they're a little 'off'."

It just won't get mentioned. Which is a bit of a shame, because this the perfect time to have a national discussion of how weird it is.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#3994 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm glad you added that last bit about made up religions. I have to say that's funny when I hear someone say "So and so is a made up religion" and I'm thinking, "you mean like all of them?".
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#3995 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

^ Yeah , Its funny because its ridiculously true. A good example for liberals to take it all in is Ed Schultz: Entirely Motivated in taking scalps to a sickening degree

Actually, I was referring to them switching sides if the money was right. I don't have a huge problem with what Hannity or Schultz do when it's their job to be pundits. My only issue is when someone relies on misinformation to score points.

In this age of Political Correctness and Tolerance I think the media is going to pretty much gloss over and ignore the fact of Rommey's mormonism.

And let's face it, it's a pretty much made up religion. (As are most religions to some extent).
But it's not like Brian Williams on 30 Rock is going to report on their baptism practices, abstianing from caffiene, polygamy, etc, etc.

Even most mainstream Christians look at mormonism and go "Yeah, they're a little 'off'."

It just won't get mentioned. Which is a bit of a shame, because this the perfect time to have a national discussion of how weird it is.

LOLZ...the only religion that we're allowed to dissect is Islam or did you somehow miss that over the last 10+ years? And what do you expect when it's hard enough to talk about the literal cult of Scientology.

#3996 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Tolerance always gets dragged into that debate somehow. Actually I shouldn't say somehow, I know exactly how it happens. Conservatives think they can use it to prove that liberals are just as intolerant as they are. In truth they misunderstand the call for tolerance in the first place. Just because you tolerate something or someone doesn't mean you have to like them or even think it/they makes any sense. I tolerate plenty of things and people, but I'm also going to point out elements of it/them that I think are ridiculous. It isn't being intolerant if you've got valid criticisms.

#3997 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

#3998 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

#3999 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

so essentially politics has now grown to a maturity rate equal to that of 4th grade playground fights.

Maybe it isn't the policy that's screwing us over, but the people working on it. Is it any wonder that nothing gets done?

In case you hadn't noticed, most people walk around with the mentality of a 4th grader these days.

#4000 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

So apparently the Secretary of State for Arizona is a birther and wants to see proof of his birth in Hawaii that doesn't include a birth certificate and says that it's possible that Obama won't be included in the ballot. L.O.L.

#4001 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

The "I am not a birther" remark of Bennet's caught my eye. Motherfucker, you are not a secretary of state. If you were, you'd know your own codes and bylaws. President Elects aren't required to be re-certified. Hell , people that were on previous ballots that won the majority of private votes dont need to be re-certified. Al Gore wouldn't have needed to be re-certified if he wanted to be on the ballot back in February

#4002 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Man, I just realized that Mitty Rom hasnt said anything of substance in about half a year. Dude...stop ripping on the current president and tell him what you will do different.

"I'll get to that in a minute....have you seen what suits Obama wears? Communist suits made in china by 10 year olds....yea."

And Obama hasn't done anything of substance with his entire administration, except "killing" bin Laden, which according to Democrats, Obama did all by himself, like he's freakin' Rambo...

#4003 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

#4004 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well this is the etch a sketch candidate, I'd say restarting at 0 is his plan basically.

#4005 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

He's a zero sum candidate. All told , the combined effect of Romney's campaign rests with the short attention spans of Americans. Long before that 'etch a sketch' remark became part of the vernacular George Will called him "The pretzel Candidate"

#4006 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

And Obama hasn't done anything of substance with his entire administration, except "killing" bin Laden, which according to Democrats, Obama did all by himself, like he's freakin' Rambo...

Obama has been pretty underwhelming I'd agree, but I wouldn't got as far to say that he's done nothing.

I think the health care law (if it gets upheld) is pretty substantial--even if it was far less than I'd liked as someone who supports having universal healthcare. But it will still cover a lot more people, and already made positive changes in terms of companies not being able to drop people for pre-existing conditions etc.

He ended combat in Iraq, and commiting to getting out of Afghanistan soon despite pressure from military leaders to stay longer.

Ending don't ask, don't tell is also a fairly decent accomplishment IMO.

Also some positive changes with consumer protection and putting more restrictions on credit card companies etc.

#4007 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

To which I'd add : Lilly Ledbetter, Embryonic Stem Cells , New START treaty , Chief Tech Officer , Pell Grant expansion minus the Middlemen within the student loan process ,. .

I could go on and on if you want, his accomplishments are numerous

#4008 EdRyder

EdRyder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I've gotta get some Mike Coffman off my chest. I'm sure you've all heard the original remarks and the subsequent "interview" where he declined to elaborate and regurgitated the same robotic response half a dozen times. Today he wrote an article in the Denver Post
http://www.denverpos...iate-boneheaded

Let me start off by saying , hes just another vacant innocuous career politician missing the two brain cells required to rub together to form a thought. Having said that this goes for every public figure: Fuck your "Sorry"
Everyone over the age of 20 knows that even sincere apologies are only the start not the end. You didnt "Restore" The Presidents standing and you didnt "repair" your own dignity.

The truth is, we are all human and we all make mistakes. This was my mistake, and I'm not afraid to own up to it.

Owning up to a mistake without doing anything about it doesn't make you more "human" buddy. You were Human when you made the mistake , human when you apologized , and an asshole human now that its over.

#4009 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've gotta get some Mike Coffman off my chest. I'm sure you've all heard the original remarks and the subsequent "interview" where he declined to elaborate and regurgitated the same robotic response half a dozen times. Today he wrote an article in the Denver Post
http://www.denverpos...iate-boneheaded

Let me start off by saying , hes just another vacant innocuous career politician missing the two brain cells required to rub together to form a thought. Having said that this goes for every public figure: Fuck your "Sorry"
Everyone over the age of 20 knows that even sincere apologies are only the start not the end. You didnt "Restore" The Presidents standing and you didnt "repair" your own dignity.

Owning up to a mistake without doing anything about it doesn't make you more "human" buddy. You were Human when you made the mistake , human when you apologized , and an asshole human now that its over.

I don't know this guy or his history, but that sounded alot more sincere then any other apology I've read in a long time.

What else do you want him to do?

#4010 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

It doesn't make snese, he claims he's always rejected the notion that Obama was anything but American, then he makes that comment. Makes me think that what he has publicly said and what her personally thinks are two different things, and he accidentally spoke his true feelings. Which also makes him a damn liar if that's the case. He probably just feels that going birther would be bad for his image, so he probably keeps it to himself or only talks about it to other like minded people in private.

Basically he slipped up and let his true feelings out, oops.

#4011 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, that was far better than McCain's answer and the most decent apology I've ever seen from a Republican or any politician that I can recall. No half-assed "I'm sorry if you were offended" here. Although, I can see how it would've been better to have never said it to begin with. Then again, the Republican party is now the party of CRAZY so...

#4012 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, that was far better than McCain's answer and the most decent apology I've ever seen from a Republican or any politician that I can recall. No half-assed "I'm sorry if you were offended" here. Although, I can see how it would've been better to have never said it to begin with. Then again, the Republican party is now the party of CRAZY so...

That's the truth. I hate those apologies like "sorry if you're a douche who can't take a joke"

If you give an apology like that then you're the douche

#4013 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Seemingly sincere apology aside, I still think he's full of shit. That or he's suffering from dissociative identity disorder.

#4014 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

While it's great to listen to your kids' ideas, there's also a time when dads simply need to be dads. In this case, it would've been helpful for him to explain to Malia and Sasha that while her friends parents are no doubt lovely people, that's not a reason to change thousands of years of thinking about marriage. Or that – as great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Ideally, fathers help shape their kids' worldview."

http://www.zimbio.co...gn=Z-Articles-1

Bristol Palin on Obama's change in stance regarding gay marriage #-o

#4015 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

If that's the case then Todd Palin is a fucking asshole.

#4016 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

any WI news yet? I don't know how to bring threads back from the graveyard so this seems as good a place as any
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#4017 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Exit polls should be out soon if they aren't already. Results will be released starting with the close of polls.

#4018 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

well... so far 25% reported, and Walker is up 100k.

early polls on Monday etched out a <5% win for Walker. Even less than last year.

#4019 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

Your newsfeed is slow. It's actually 200k and 55% reporting.

#4020 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

Looks like Walker survived the recall election!!!:applause:

Three cheers!!! :applause: